2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I only use my trade credit for hobby stuff like Pokémon cards, I have about 1k now and used 1.2k last 2 months so it’s great to have it all back. If valued hold tomorrow might go ham I have a couple more accounts left

I rarely hear of anyone really getting caught doing this, so multiple reports in this short time are kinda odd. Are we talking just trade bans or full account bans?
My accounts are full nuke all points gone and Account doesn’t not come up in store. Can still login online to check order history.

Reward certificates still work on Amazon cards? I was under the impression that was killed months ago
as of this last Wednesday they do. Cashed out a $50 and a $25 on Amazon gift cards. you can not do it if you are also trying to buy games at the same time with trade credit, it throws a weird error. so, just do it on a separate transaction.

as of this last Wednesday they do. Cashed out a $50 and a $25 on Amazon gift cards. you can not do it if you are also trying to buy games at the same time with trade credit, it throws a weird error. so, just do it on a separate transaction.
As of today they do. Although, for whatever reason, an auto-issued $5 cert did not work on them.

I rarely hear of anyone really getting caught doing this, so multiple reports in this short time are kinda odd. Are we talking just trade bans or full account bans?
Well, the prospects for the company are pretty bleak. Is it really that surprising that they finally take measures to stop the bleeding? Now I'm kind of wishing I didn't do this latest flip since the margins were slim as is.

I'm all for flipping for fun now, but if you're using more than 1 account than you absolutely should be banned, for your sake. Find something more productive to do. You cant even buy GCs anymore so no idea why youd want much at GS anyways.
Because new consoles are coming out next year. Why do you feel the need to criticize what others do with their free time? You need to find something more productive to do.

Finally flipped a couple sets today and of course we are now hearing things like this. I'll go back and try again tomorrow and see if my account was fried. Hope not!

Side note, DOTD is NSW Darksiders II for $12. Instantly OOS online but the changing your home store trick works.

Would I be able to use my reward points for Amazon gift cards of any denomination? Or do they only allow specific denominations? 

Finally flipped a couple sets today and of course we are now hearing things like this. I'll go back and try again tomorrow and see if my account was fried. Hope not!

Side note, DOTD is NSW Darksiders II for $12. Instantly OOS online but the changing your home store trick works.
Could you explain? My closest store is the only location within 20 miles with a copy.

Also, costs $12 and trades in for $11 base (+$5). I wonder if it's a price mistake.

There was some kind of recent change since the last time I traded anything in, and now in my area you have to not only show ID, but fill out some weird form saying where and when you got the game(s).
Yeah it is a bit weird and annoying and i despise having to ask my guests to do it but they actually caught a guy who traded in a stolen console and they managed to arrest him so here in Tulsa it started

Unless they changed it, you can for example get a variable gift card for 75 and use a 50 and 25 cert together.
I just tried yesterday to get a variable $25 Papa John's GC with a $25 new cert, and it did not accept it. No other item in the transaction. I wonder if it doesn't work on variable cards anymore?

Could you explain? My closest store is the only location within 20 miles with a copy.
Also, costs $12 and trades in for $11 base (+$5). I wonder if it's a price mistake.
Cities Skylines Parklife Edition was just $17 and traded for $15 base + $5 bump, so I'm not surprised.

The Home Store trick doesn't work on the app, but at least on the mobile site (haven't tried desktop) you can set your home store to a location that has the item in stock, then when you go to the item it will allow you to add it to cart for store pickup. Thank you everyone for mentioning this, had no idea this worked.

I figured it out, there was an old $10 off coupon code I got over the summer that is apparently still valid. It's causing everything to show up as $10 off up until the final payment screen where it just takes $10 off one item.

Driving last night I saw that there's a store closing. Same location last week there was zero indication. Anyone know about how long they usually take to shut a store? I'm only out this area on weekends so trying to plan accordingly.

Driving last night I saw that there's a store closing. Same location last week there was zero indication. Anyone know about how long they usually take to shut a store? I'm only out this area on weekends so trying to plan accordingly.
Two stores in my area are closing by ends month in very well to do areas.

But I was emailed that both stores are having up to 30% off everything

I guess that YouTube Camelot guy was right.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Same situation here - I found out a few of my local stores are closing and posted it about it the other day.

I was told the stores would be closing for good on January 30th and the discounts should gradually increase until the last day.
These were the initial discounts posted at the store I visited on Thursday:

20% off collectibles (including Funko Pops & amiibo)
20% off pre-owned accessories

10% off new accessories
10% pre-owned games (*discount does NOT stack with Pro/Elite Pro discount)

5% off new games

30% off retro games

The store was just starting to put up the signs so I'm not sure if consoles will be discounted (it would probably only be 5% if they are).

Has anyone traded in Fallout 4 and got the $5 credit today? I know it worked yesterday or the day before 

Also the little mic earphone that comes with the ps4 console can that be traded in?

Odd, usually closing stores just send all of their stuff to other locations. Oh well, with Elite Pro going away and flips getting harder to find, I guess it doesn't matter if they condense their stores anyway.

I have 9 gamestops within 30 min from me, and so far none of them seem to have any signs up for shutting down... must be my amazing patronage! 

Take this with a grain of salt, but my SL said that the 4/20 promotion usually goes on for about 2 weeks, so he assumes that it will still be active next week. 

Are trade cards linked to an account or can anyone use them?
The black trade cards are not linked to account. Unless you use your PUR card to hold trade credit as well. But even then it's a separate card #.

In other news, I spotted a couple mint Dark Souls trilogy steelbooks on the preowned shelf today. I'm guessing it was a recent conversion new to used.

My account got flagged. Started flipping today and when I got to the 3rd store(up to this point only traded in 8 games). Some guy came from the back and said he was going to call all the stores in the area give them my name so they would not take trades from me. He said I wasn't trade banned but he knew what I was doing. I asked how he knew he said" the system saw that I bought and traded the same games in the same day".

He might have been a District Manager, I've never seen him before. It could have been the associate(Junior Detective) at the 2nd store I went to because he was really rude. When I did my trade in, he said "wanna look around so I can do it on same transaction". I said no I'll put it on my TC then I'll look around. A few minutes later I bring my next batch and he says "see, I could of put those on the same transaction". Then I responded "I want separate receipts". He looked pissed after that. I didn't think anything of it when going to the next store.
It turns out that the JD(store lead) from the 2nd store flagged my account after I left. I burned him on the survey.

You just need the right ID and you are good.

51mgF9%2BuXZL._SX466_.jpg
Bwahaha.. thank you for the reference!

I never saw the actual ID outside of the movie blerb.

..killin' me. /highfive!

Lol went over the trade limit and got trade banned. Forgot i did some trading 2-3 weeks ago. Went over to my friends store and his manager sent in a email to his DL for me so hopefully it gets lifted. Just told me to keep watch of my trades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back