2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
This might be a bit off topic, but going to gamerankings.com now links to Metacritic. Should me think hack?
I believe gamerankings.com announced they are shutting down, hence linking to Metacritic. Both sites were / are owned by the same company I think.

Day 1 mission accomplished.  The Switch inventory from the stores I visited was really decent.

It's not the flipaggeon some may have hoped for, but I suppose if I traded everything back, I would end up with about 133% of what I spent.  Not great, but not terrible either.

I already have a game backlog, so I wasn't really looking to flip for new releases.  But I figure I can keep some games that were complete, and add these games to my backlog, while trading the leftover junk back in, for what will essentially be my trade money given back, plus points.

Some potential keepers include both Crash games, Darksiders Warmastered, Dragons Dogma, Garfield, My Time in Portia, Hellmut, Remothered, both Final Fantasy games.  Don't burn me if these games suck .. I haven't played them yet (so they might be traded back, IDK.)

When inventory stops getting traded back in, and when the shelves go empty, I'll just buy Ghostbusters on Switch and call it a year... unless some really good Deals of the Day crop up.

edit:

Some games that may be worth picking up & keeping / playing, that I didn't see: MM11, XC2:Torna, Sonic Forces, Disney's Aladdin/Lion King.  Perhaps more, for sure.  Just games that I'm unlikely to deplete store credit on, but wouldn't mind trying.

If anyone has other suggestions regarding good games, please mention them!  I don't expect another sale for awhile, so this is it..

The Lion Aladdin thing is like the criterion collection of video games , wish all remasters were as thorough

Garfield Cart assuming they didn't add more to the console versions the PC version didn't have.... doesn't have multiplayer? Very funny giant bomb moment I think during Extra Life when they all planned to play it booted it and realized it

I believe gamerankings.com announced they are shutting down, hence linking to Metacritic. Both sites were / are owned by the same company I think.
Gamerankings was my go to site. The simplicity and ease of use for me. I shall miss gamerankings.com.

Never really played much of Aladdin or Lion King when I was much younger. I'd day 1 purchase a "Garfield Caught in the Act" collection.

I got trade banned from last night's escapades. It was a helluva ride while it lasted. I got multiple statues, Switch lites and a ton of games. Props to SueMana, Omni99 and rest of you guys in this thread. I was able to get Xmas shopping done and fund my hobby for the next few months on an initial $40 in credit!

Weird thing I went to pick up Ghostbusters today at my local store and the girl asked if I had anything preordered. It didn’t hit me until I left I should have asked why she was asking. I wonder if that store is on the chopping block.

Accounts nuke does happen I found out last week[attachment=33357:2BC27927-F780-4D8B-9A96-1E3C753D3E26.jpeg][attachment=33358:64CEB659-4F93-4BF0-B265-3B05EE33115F.jpeg][attachment=33359:AE690EB7-9A98-496B-B1A6-29FD38E9E36A.jpeg]

I got trade banned from last night's escapades. It was a helluva ride while it lasted. I got multiple statues, Switch lites and a ton of games. Props to SueMana, Omni99 and rest of you guys in this thread. I was able to get Xmas shopping done and fund my hobby for the next few months on an initial $40 in credit!
Sheesh! What kind of volume did you trade back in?

Did you get nuked? (apparently, if you log onto their website and still see points, you are just temp banned. -- if it's blank, your toast.)

What do you think tripped the trade ban, if you don't mind me asking? It may help future CAG'ers.

Thanks SueMana for your help. My stores know me too well for comfort now and there is smoke coming off of my Elite Pro card now from using it so much. I talked to the cashier today about when exactly the new Pro membership will be standardized and he said January 31, 2020.

$125 (including $25 bonus) for OG XB1 is really tempting. I have a feeling this is as hi as it's going to get from this point on. Might have to finally get an S just for the 4k player alone

Sheesh! What kind of volume did you trade back in?

Did you get nuked? (apparently, if you log onto their website and still see points, you are just temp banned. -- if it's blank, your toast.)

What do you think tripped the trade ban, if you don't mind me asking? It may help future CAG'ers.
I can still log into my account, I even cashed out a cert. I got banned because I threw caution to the wind and just started trading in games I already took in more than 4 times.

Just curious, but how to mall Gamestops get games? I have never seen anyone walking through the mall with a big bag of games or a console to trade in. Has anyone here ever done trade ins at a mall?

Are trade ins tracked by account or by name? My GameStops asks for ID when trading in.
All accounts are tracked by account and name.

Some counties in my area require a Drivers License too, I suppose so they can re-enter your license # + verify the picture matches "you".

Even the counties that don't require ID when trading, still require an ID to sign up for a PUR card (it all gets perma saved in their database). So you need to show it and link it to your account at LEAST one time. After the first time, when they ask for phone number, just pull out your PUR card, and you are done with verification.

This is all anecdotal. YMMV.

If any state lets people sign up for PUR without presenting an ID .. this would be interesting! Or if a state lets you trade to a gift card willy nilly without ID, for that matter.

I can still log into my account, I even cashed out a cert. I got banned because I threw caution to the wind and just started trading in games I already took in more than 4 times.
Hehe, OK.

If you got all those 5+ games from GS, I would recommend against calling customer service. The last thing you want is for human eyes to scrutinize your account.

If you got the certificates, you can still use them (likely before Dec 31, however). You should still be able to use TC and certificates.

You'll be back in time to flip for Animal Crossing (my goal at least if I get banned). It's not like there's anything much happening in the next 3 months anyways.

Thanks for the explanation :)

The $5 bonus for PS4 and Xbox One is still going. Traded in this morning
Thank you for posting this.

Has anyone had issues with trading in games at a store and then trading in more of the same games at the same store the next day? I know about the game trade limits (and I wouldn’t be exceeding them), but curious to know how GS employees typically react. I’ve always done trades on the same day and gone to different stores within that day. Obviously didn’t know +5 would still work today, which is why I went yesterday. Thanks for any info.

Just curious, but how to mall Gamestops get games? I have never seen anyone walking through the mall with a big bag of games or a console to trade in. Has anyone here ever done trade ins at a mall?
Unless you're at that Gamestop literally the whole day, not seeing people trade in games doesn't mean they don't. You just don't happen to be in the store while trades happen. I go to my non-mall GS a lot and almost never see anyone trading in. They are open 11 hours most days and you're probably there less than 30 minutes at any particular time.

Has anyone had issues with trading in games at a store and then trading in more of the same games at the same store the next day? I know about the game trade limits (and I wouldn’t be exceeding them), but curious to know how GS employees typically react. I’ve always done trades on the same day and gone to different stores within that day. Obviously didn’t know +5 would still work today, which is why I went yesterday. Thanks for any info.
Never tried it, sorry I'm not much help .. but (IMO) doing what you suggest, would increase the probability of a JD to mention something to their superiors, which would be bad. If a manager was working all day (which happens ALOT nowadays, due to payroll hour cuts), that isn't a good scenario either.

Long story short, not worth the risk.

I suppose you could walk inside the store with a grocery store bag full of your games, the next day. If you recognize the employee. don't trade them - look around, smile, and leave. If it's someone different, walk up and say the usual "I'd like to trade these games" speal. It's iffy 50/50. For the gas money spent, if another GameStop is around, just go there..

Nobody easily forgets large purchases .. -)

Just do it.. no one cares.... actually, they may thank you as it may keep them employed for another 6 months.

Another good reason not to stockpile points too much
Before the ban I start around 60k each. I made so much in trade credit I didn’t really care about the point. I did redeem about 100k b4 the ban but I went crazy during Black Friday, I guess my account got link somehow I keep track most of the stuff I trade in, mite have been back a few summer ago when pikmin was trading in for $72 I remember than I got trade ban on all my accounts I had to keep making new one to trade in.

All accounts are tracked by account and name.

Some counties in my area require a Drivers License too, I suppose so they can re-enter your license # + verify the picture matches "you".

Even the counties that don't require ID when trading, still require an ID to sign up for a PUR card (it all gets perma saved in their database). So you need to show it and link it to your account at LEAST one time. After the first time, when they ask for phone number, just pull out your PUR card, and you are done with verification.

This is all anecdotal. YMMV.

If any state lets people sign up for PUR without presenting an ID .. this would be interesting! Or if a state lets you trade to a gift card willy nilly without ID, for that matter.
Here in Philly PA you don’t need ID to creat an account, Just Name , address doesn’t matter any address I choose digital, and a phone number. The first trade in it will ask you for the DOB that it I have a lot of account I keep make them after I get ban

Hehe, OK.

If you got all those 5+ games from GS, I would recommend against calling customer service. The last thing you want is for human eyes to scrutinize your account.

If you got the certificates, you can still use them (likely before Dec 31, however). You should still be able to use TC and certificates.

You'll be back in time to flip for Animal Crossing (my goal at least if I get banned). It's not like there's anything much happening in the next 3 months anyways.

Thanks for the explanation :)
I already use all the certs on my account today, almost $200 worth.

I ain't calling customer service, I'm just gonna sit out and hope this madness somehow happens again in the future.

Did a small purchase this afternoon with the following Switch titles:

Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled
Dragon's Dogma
Darksiders Warmastered Edition
LEGO Harry Potter Collection
Lego Incredibles
Yu-Gi-Oh

All these have a $12 base so with the extra bump they do alright.

If you can find it, decent money in No Man's Sky PS4.  Trades for $13.50 base so you're making money right off the bat with Pro or better.  Not sure if the PS4/XBONE bump continues into this week though.

Couldn't make it today with holiday activities. I wouldnt be comfortable buying let alone trading in bulk. I'd actually guess they'd be more suspicious if you're /buying/ 12-16 games at a time, cause most customers I see are like Clerks customers "is this SpongeBob Hockey game any good?" and buy one thing only.

Last store I went to I actually bought two Wii games in the 4for20 which I was going to keep. The other 10 were flips. The guy legit said “are you going to be keeping these or just selling them back to us”? The funny thing is this was the first guy to ask about it when i actually purchased other games with the deal, while other stores I would rack up like 16 ps4 games and no one said a word lmao.

Had to go to the problem store near my apartment since the one I was planning on going to closed at 7pm instead of 10pm like the calendar said. I stayed in the car while my friend went in because the manager is awful, and sure enough he rudely made her pull the ~20 games out of the box for him (box is 6 inches deep with no lid, everything is clearly visible), then asked her if she had receipts for any of them (only 2 were in sleeves with no case, and 7 were 4 for $10 fodder). LOL, this isn't even a bad neighborhood.

Receipts? For a trade in? I'd survey that garbage.
They're on to him. Hope he gets banned again after creating ANOTHER account after already being banned lol

Brought my receipt in to show the guy today that the dude last night didnt give me my games and he never looked at it, asked "from this store?", I said yes, he got them and i left. Never even looked at the receipt. Sure the inventory probably reflects it, but some Employees are just weirdos in his case

I preordered something instore and deposited but I forgot what game and I didn’t get to pick it up and it’s not on my account anymore. Wonder if they still have it on their system or my money is gone

I preordered something instore and deposited but I forgot what game and I didn’t get to pick it up and it’s not on my account anymore. Wonder if they still have it on their system or my money is gone
Yeah you just got to ask them to look it up. Forgot I had put down some money on Borderlands 3 preorder and was able to get the money back about a month ago.

So what deals are currently going on? 4 for $20 of $9.99 games and 4 for $60 of $24.99 games?
$5 bonus on switch trades, maybe still Xbox PS4 we'll know in five hours, $50 added to any switch PS4 Xbox console trade.

And quite a few 4/20 games with a higher cash value than purchase price.

They're on to him. Hope he gets banned again after creating ANOTHER account after already being banned lol
I'm guessing the other guy got Junior Detective'd HARD because I've had 3-4 accounts that I would renew for the B2G1, and gingerly change the names on in case I need someone to trade for me. I'm not careful using certs/TIC from one account with another, if LP was competent at all they would've banned me a long time ago. I know I deserve it, but if they're not going to do it, *shrugs*

I also started getting GPGs on 40% of the games I buy (since it's only $1 for each 4/$10 game) so the employees practically bend over and spread GameStop's cheeks for me.

I'm guessing the other guy got Junior Detective'd HARD because I've had 3-4 accounts that I would renew for the B2G1, and gingerly change the names on in case I need someone to trade for me. I'm not careful using certs/TIC from one account with another, if LP was competent at all they would've banned me a long time ago. I know I deserve it, but if they're not going to do it, *shrugs*

I also started getting GPGs on 40% of the games I buy (since it's only $1 for each 4/$10 game) so the employees practically bend over and spread GameStop's cheeks for me.
https://youtu.be/7UBDaGZgMTk

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back