2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm guessing the other guy got Junior Detective'd HARD because I've had 3-4 accounts that I would renew for the B2G1, and gingerly change the names on in case I need someone to trade for me. I'm not careful using certs/TIC from one account with another, if LP was competent at all they would've banned me a long time ago. I know I deserve it, but if they're not going to do it, *shrugs*

I also started getting GPGs on 40% of the games I buy (since it's only $1 for each 4/$10 game) so the employees practically bend over and spread GameStop's cheeks for me.
Lol, as I've said I think what you do is sad, but I've come to at least respect it. When they have bizarre deals constantly like this then they clearly have no idea what they're going for as a business.

Lol, as I've said I think what you do is sad, but I've come to at least respect it. When they have bizarre deals constantly like this then they clearly have no idea what they're going for as a business.
I make hundreds of dollars by spending a couple of hours a day hitting GameStops and boosting everyone's GPGs, preowned sales and trade numbers. You come here in your free time to criticize us for no reason with absolutely no incentive whatsoever. Which one is sad again?

With $50 bonus still active, should I trade my OG Xbox one I got BF for $99, for an Xbox One SAD?

$125 credit and its on sale $150. It would at least give me HDR tho I’d lose the disc drive for OG Xbox BC

Unfortunately, the PS4/Xbox one $5 bonus is over. Just tried with an Xbox one game and no bonus. [emoji22]

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk
Wait, that was a thing this weekend?! Stupid bronchitis had me laid up in bed and out of the loop.

I make hundreds of dollars by spending a couple of hours a day hitting GameStops and boosting everyone's GPGs, preowned sales and trade numbers. You come here in your free time to criticize us for no reason with absolutely no incentive whatsoever. Which one is sad again?
Yes, this.

You offer nothing to the conversation or deals in general but you're judging someone who offers some tips on how to save and make money. I don't understand how it's sad to make money either even if it's trade credit. Not sure why you're on such a high horse but I hope that horse bucks you off.

Got hit with the trade ban. Fairly certain it was the $2000 limit and not more than 5 copies just because I traded in a PS4 Pro, X1X, and Switch last month.

Noooooo, cobraaaaa! Best advice is keep track of every trade and transaction in excel to prevent that from happening. Half my limit resets today so that 4/60 might be calling my name.

Noooooo, cobraaaaa! Best advice is keep track of every trade and transaction in excel to prevent that from happening. Half my limit resets today so that 4/60 might be calling my name.
Well, I thought I was doing okay but knew there was a risk because of the console trade ins last month. I’m tempted to contact corporate to see if they know how long it is, and possibly lift it. But don’t want any extra attention drawn to my account. Just hope it’s only 30 days.

Because you said it yourself. "I spend a couple hours at GS A DAY". Its clear you dont really have a job or a wife/kids which makes it less sad, but its still bad. Not sure why you got triggered

Another day of 4/$60.  The selection was rather bad, although there were some of the base $12's available, mostly $8 ones though, and a couple $9.

One clerk saw the games I picked up and said, "WoW those games must be hot this Christmas, I just put them out."   I said something like, oh yeah, they're Lego games, they are always fun.  The clerk was just like "hmm, I guess."

I bit the bullet for Ghostbusters (Switch) though.  They are selling too fast to put it off.  A couple stores are sold out (maybe a game hoarder in my area?) .. one store had 2 copies left.  They just got a shipment of Pokemon and other 1st party games with them, stacked off to the side, to be processed.  I guess $19.99 (new) for a GS exclusive on sale was the magic number for alot of people.

I already missed the boat on Yooka-Laylee: Impossible Lair for $10-$15 at various retailers, including GS [new] ..  (it's now $35 preowned).  I'm still kicking myself for that blunder.

Another day of 4/$60. The selection was rather bad, although there were some of the base $12's available, mostly $8 ones though, and a couple $9.

One clerk saw the games I picked up and said, "WoW those games must be hot this Christmas, I just put them out." I said something like, oh yeah, they're Lego games, they are always fun. The clerk was just like "hmm, I guess."

I bit the bullet for Ghostbusters (Switch) though. They are selling too fast to put it off. A couple stores are sold out (maybe a game hoarder in my area?) .. one store had 2 copies left. They just got a shipment of Pokemon and other 1st party games with them, stacked off to the side, to be processed. I guess $19.99 (new) for a GS exclusive on sale was the magic number for alot of people.

I already missed the boat on Yooka-Laylee: Impossible Lair for $10-$15 at various retailers, including GS [new] .. (it's now $35 preowned). I'm still kicking myself for that blunder.
Completely off topic but this has been bothering me. Is that TG Cid as your avatar and if so is that from FFT or a sprite edit from another game?

which makes it less sad
you're spending a ridiculous amount of time making tons of posts on a forum dedicated to people sharing info regarding game deals/discounts. and yet you're not even contributing, just making abrasive posts to other cags. Seems like an even more worthless use of time. Sad!

Another day of 4/$60. The selection was rather bad, although there were some of the base $12's available, mostly $8 ones though, and a couple $9.

One clerk saw the games I picked up and said, "WoW those games must be hot this Christmas, I just put them out." I said something like, oh yeah, they're Lego games, they are always fun. The clerk was just like "hmm, I guess."

I bit the bullet for Ghostbusters (Switch) though. They are selling too fast to put it off. A couple stores are sold out (maybe a game hoarder in my area?) .. one store had 2 copies left. They just got a shipment of Pokemon and other 1st party games with them, stacked off to the side, to be processed. I guess $19.99 (new) for a GS exclusive on sale was the magic number for alot of people.

I already missed the boat on Yooka-Laylee: Impossible Lair for $10-$15 at various retailers, including GS [new] .. (it's now $35 preowned). I'm still kicking myself for that blunder.
When I bought Yooka-laylee I thought they were clearing inventory but the next week it shot up in price.

Has anyone else had issues redeeming points for the online only certs? I've tried redeeming points for $10 and $5 certs, enter the emailed verification code, and keep getting "we're sorry, there was a problem redeeming your reward." I can redeem points for the in-store certs just fine.

I guess I need to take back what I said about whom I said.  Ah, well.  I've been wrong before.

Banned while making fun of being banned... poetic irony?

Whomever asked : the switch +5 is at least through this week.

Whomever else asked : yes, it's good on (used) Vita games.

The wrestling guy : there was a +5/game on X1/PS4 games for two weeks, which expired yesterday.  Now it's just for Switch games.

Don't forget to watch for awesome Christmas/holiday light displays when visiting Gamestops this week!

Do we know how long the Switch $5 trade bonus lasts? I was thinking of ordering some 4 for $60 online with edge shipping for trade as soon as they arrive.
It lasts until the flyer expires, which will be COB on Saturday, December 21, 2019. You have 5 days to receive your packages(s). From past experience, I'd say you'll get half of your order before 5 days, which isn't bad if you go right back in the same day to flip.

I suppose it depends where you live (how far away from UPS hubs).

Some stores seem to sit on an order for 2-3 days before shipping. They print the packing slip, but don't immediately ship. I guess printing the slip right away improves their response metrics, but does little on time sensitive flips.

Since when do they ask for your address when returning an item? Had a pretty awful worker today but not sure I want to burn them and draw attention.

I'm guessing the other guy got Junior Detective'd HARD because I've had 3-4 accounts that I would renew for the B2G1, and gingerly change the names on in case I need someone to trade for me. I'm not careful using certs/TIC from one account with another, if LP was competent at all they would've banned me a long time ago. I know I deserve it, but if they're not going to do it, *shrugs*

I also started getting GPGs on 40% of the games I buy (since it's only $1 for each 4/$10 game) so the employees practically bend over and spread GameStop's cheeks for me.
You know, I've also started adding them occasionally when buying games sometimes. Small batches not normally, but when it's only $1 I'll get a couple just because I feel like I'm less likely to get a visit from Detective Gamestop. It could be all in my head, but I've been hitting the stores a bit heavier recently so I'll keep a bit of caution.

Also kudos to those of you who mentioned I totally failed at math, I wasn't paying attention and calculated it at 3/60 instead of 4/60, it was absolutely a brain-fart on my side.. :oops:

Got excited to try out this 4/60 earlier but after looking on the app, the stores near me have almost no decent games with fit the criteria. Sucks!

Yes I dropped by my local store with a list that was supposedly in stock and couldn’t find a good set of 4 at all so think I’m going to pass on spending time with a shitty web/app shenanigans just to get some info.

Is there a way to look up a single stores stock?

Got excited to try out this 4/60 earlier but after looking on the app, the stores near me have almost no decent games with fit the criteria. Sucks!
For what it's worth, the app isn't going to be accurate, as many games have already been flipped multiple times since the sale started. Count your lucky stars if you get a game you were looking for with the original case.

By the time the games get to "your" store, they are already being traded to a different one, as your browse.

I would have a keen eye for stacks of games behind the counter, as these are the ones recently traded. Perhaps the GA will price them for you (betting if they are preowned Switch, they are good ones someone else just flipped).

Completely off topic but this has been bothering me. Is that TG Cid as your avatar and if so is that from FFT or a sprite edit from another game?
I had picked an obscure character from Octopath Traveller, although now I can't seem to find the original .. might be time for me to change the Avatar to something more familiar.

CAG has a 30 day cooldown between signing up and being able to post. I guess I was drunk that night, several months ago :)

So for some reason i received four different birthday coupons, would they all stack in one transaction?
They don’t stack, I had the same thing happen and in store couldn’t get them to stack. Also, first post since finding this forum, guess my month is up. Thanks for helping me find every game on my wish list for like $10 bucks each everybody!

What should I redeem my points on?  I've only got 10,000 right now (I'm sure it'll get updated soon) but does anyone have an opinion on if the preowned reward certificate is better than the regular cert in regards to game flipping?  The difference is only 3000 points but that's almost a $5 difference in preowned store credit.  How much better are GS's preowned to new deals?

Thanks

Can anyone recommend 4/60 switch games. I mostly like retro or indie games. Some games I looked up are 25.19 used.
LEGO Harry Potter
LEGO Incredibles
Crash Bandicoot Racing
Dragon Dogma
Yu-Gi-Oh
Darksiders Warmaster Edition

Someone posted this list earlier. Sorry I don’t remember whom to credit. If someone has more to list, please feel free to add.

LEGO Harry Potter
LEGO Incredibles
Crash Bandicoot Racing
Dragon Dogma
Yu-Gi-Oh
Darksiders Warmaster Edition

Someone posted this list earlier. Sorry I don’t remember whom to credit. If someone has more to list, please feel free to add.
Dude asks for recommendations to play and gets a flip list...hahaha

Found a bag of 11 games I forgot I bought over cyber whatever. Merry Christmas Harry, happy Hanukkah marv

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back