2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
One of the DoTD items is preowned bloodborne for $5. After elite, cag16, and tax, I paid 3.64 for the disc I unloaded for 12-14 during the +5 promo.

Couldn't do instore pickup through the website - had to order through the app.
Can also use the $5 off pre owned certs making them free in store. Just picked up bloodborne.

Hey quick question, can I return a *different* (but also new and identical) game console for a refund in store? The order was placed online & home delivered.

Unsure if they're tracking serial numbers, thanks!

Hey quick question, can I return a *different* (but also new and identical) game console for a refund in store? The order was placed online & home delivered.

Unsure if they're tracking serial numbers, thanks!
they do track by serial even the used controller

Anyone know what the deal is with the $25 Gift Coupon? 

Bought a Switch during BF and they gave me a $25 Gift Coupon that expires 1/31/2020. 

However they have some great deals now but are sold out in store but have them available online and was hoping to use it however I see no way of entering this online? 

I tried googling 2019 GS BF ads but everyones ad scan's don't allow for reading of the *disclaimer since its microscopic and faded..

please advise, 

oNe

p.s.  for regular ps4  and regular xbox One S, it seems after a patch Witcher III on PS4 is the way to go right? 

Found out a semi local store is closing and went to see what’s up. 20% off new games (all full price of course so big whoop), 30% off used games- except Switch which was only 10% off, and 10% off used consoles, but again they’re at their full price. So it’s cheaper to buy a new ps4 or xbox one from Best Buy than it is to get a used one from Gamestop. Oh. and Pro/ Elite arent valid at that store. Complete waste of time going there.

Found out a semi local store is closing and went to see what’s up. 20% off new games (all full price of course so big whoop), 30% off used games- except Switch which was only 10% off, and 10% off used consoles, but again they’re at their full price. So it’s cheaper to buy a new ps4 or xbox one from Best Buy than it is to get a used one from Gamestop. Oh. and Pro/ Elite arent valid at that store. Complete waste of time going there.
The strange things about the closing stores is they are exempt from winter sales, so whereas Xbox one Xs are 349 everywhere else, they are still 500 at those stores. Makes no sense because you would think they want to get rid of all their stuff.

Shouldn't. I had a BF order that was like that and it finally shipped about 2 weeks later.
Thanks. So the controller shipped and the xbox 1 x bundle says awaiting availability. I was wondering how this would work as I don't want to get charged for the controller if they never ship the x box 1 x bundle. If they cancel the xbox 1 x bundle, how do I avoid paying for the "free" controller? Do I have to return it within a certain time period?

I have no idea what GS's next move will be, once their pre-owned supply gets depleted.

I scouted around today, trading in the last of the 4/$60 bundles.  Each store has somewhere between 3-5 top tear Switch titles, pre-owned.  Some $30 base games, sprinkled with some $25 base.  Zero Pokemon's.

Maybe there is a better price set to study.  There seems to be alot of pre-owned games in the ~$40 range.

Hmm... well here's hoping CAG16/Elite stack like on BF.  Making some online orders and ending the year with extra rest would be welcome.

Also Call of Cthulu on Switch is on the DotD, priced new $17 (if anyone concerned missed the other thread).

Cag16 won’t work because it’s only valid on 3 titles.
It would work fine, it would just discount 2 games and the other two would be free. That's how it worked with the b2g1 on BF. I somehow doubt we'll get that lucky again during this sale but b2g2 is slamming either way. I suspect online and in store will sell out almost instantly though.

Really odd, my trade receipt that printed out today showed 0 points available, even though I had 35k points accumulated. Decided to cash my points out lickity split, and get an Amazon gift card in case that means I'm getting an impending ban.

Thanks. So the controller shipped and the xbox 1 x bundle says awaiting availability. I was wondering how this would work as I don't want to get charged for the controller if they never ship the x box 1 x bundle. If they cancel the xbox 1 x bundle, how do I avoid paying for the "free" controller? Do I have to return it within a certain time period?
Anyone have any experience with this? I dont shop here often.

Only about a day and half. Just hear a lot of horror stories about gamestop. Dont want to be stuck with a controller for a console I dont have. Figured someone may have experienced this before.

It is the nba2k19 bundle which is probably discontinued. Was wondering if they ran out of inventory. I guess that is why I am concerned.

So if cash same as credit is going on, I assume values are going to drop & CA stores will get 50% extra again?

(See the post holiday ad, Thorbahn updated it tonight.)

Only about a day and half. Just hear a lot of horror stories about gamestop. Dont want to be stuck with a controller for a console I dont have. Figured someone may have experienced this before.

It is the nba2k19 bundle which is probably discontinued. Was wondering if they ran out of inventory. I guess that is why I am concerned.
Why do you care? If you get charged for the controller, just return it. If you got charged for the console and you don't get it, you will just have to call GS customer service. It's inconvenient, but not that big of a deal.

"Winter Sale 2019 - Buy 2 Pre-Owned Games, get 2 more free! Cannot be combined with any other offer. Add items to cart for discount."

Don't remember seeing that before... interesting copy paste formatting. I'll leave it!

6v7vdX2.png

Why do you care? If you get charged for the controller, just return it. If you got charged for the console, and you don't get it, you will just have to call GS customer service. Not that big of a deal.
I have heard they deny returns. I also don't know when the return period starts because everything didn't ship at once.

Trade card was working for my 1st order now the next order it isnt

edit: trade card working again

Down $500 credit, mostly to flip and some to play eventually time for bed! Kids are going to be up early...

Happy Bogoing!

Order #1:

Splatoon 2

Yoshi's Crafted World

Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of Elusive Definitive Edition

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Order #2:

Super Mario Maker 2 

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe 

New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe

Super Mario Party

No confirmation email and it doesn’t show up in my order history, but it does show up on my PayPal. For people who order online GameStop more often, does this mean my order should have went through?

Hopefully Luigi's Mansion 3 will go back in stock and Fire Emblem: Three Houses, The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 will remain in stock. I won't be able to buy anything until after Christmas since I don't have enough funds in my debit card and the bank is closed today, so I won't be able to add funds to my card.

Well I did not have much I really needed. Still got a bunch of LEGO games and CoD WWII since I never played the campaign.

LEGO Harry Potter Collection
LEGO The Incredibles
LEGO DC Super Villians
The LEGO Movie 2
CoD WWII

All 5 (6 with the 2 HP games) for $45. I am good with that.

I was able to use CAG16 since I needed another game for free shipping.

Nice. A B2G1 free. I'm low on cash so having AZ credit really comes in handy. I'm just going to use my AZ credit to get a GS gift card. I was thinking about trading back to AZ again, but I'm going to see what flips GS has first. I live in CA, so a 50% extra trade in credit is possible.

No longer have elite/pro but picked up:

Order #1

Yoshi's Crafted World

Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of Elusive Definitive Edition

New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe

Kirby Star Allies

Order #2

Sekiro

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
Little Dragons Cafe
Bayonetta 2