2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
So far I have added 4 pre-owned Xbox One games in my cart their website and all the games are at a discounted price.

Example: $6.99 is now down to $4.12

The discount is GREAT...But, I was hoping I would get 2 of them for free, am I doing something wrong?

So far I have added 4 pre-owned Xbox One games in my cart their website and all the games are at a discounted price.

The discount is GREAT...But, I was hoping I would get 2 of them for free, am I doing something wrong?
The 2 free games should apply in your cart. Have you tried it with other games to see if it’s a glitch or something?

Does Gamestop do price matching? I've read a while back that some were but YMMV... just wanted to see if they still did or not...

Does CSAC count toward trade limit?
From what I read, it does, and it counts 4X the rate of regular store credit. In other words taking $100 cash would be equivalent to taking $400 store credit.

I dunno how true it is, as I've never pushed it hard before, other than a couple hundred cash and some piddly store credit trades one month last year. Otherwise the store credit is pretty generous for what I need.

The 2 free games should apply in your cart. Have you tried it with other games to see if it’s a glitch or something?
I'll try again later in the day. The same thing is happening

I empty my cart and started over

I added these Xbox One games in my cart

They only reduce the $9.99 price down to $5.13 each.

Dishonored Definitive Edition

Dishonored 2

Darksiders 3

Mass Effect 3 Andromeda

I got an email stating that my $5 rewards certificate is about to expire, but there’s nothing in my active offers and I thought the monthly certificates were starting in January. I just re-upped Pro in November, is it likely that I actually have a certificate waiting?

I had a problem with four under $8 games doing the 4 for $20 deal instead of B2G2 when the sale first started Tuesday night. Could be a similar issue still.

Got Pokemon sword and shield, dq11, and Witcher 3. Gonna sell 3 of them since I just wanted a cheap Witcher
Just an FYI, I traded in the other 3 games I bought at another GameStop and Sword was worth 38.50 (cash is the same as trade credit right now) after my membership. Just saying in case it’s worth doing that instead of hassle with eBay or however you wish to sell them.

So yeah, I got Daemon X Machina for an even $10 after trading in my other 3 Switch games lol (and honestly I didn’t plan on doing this until I saw a sign in the store after buying the 3 games, I just kinda wanted the other games, didn’t really need them)

All 4 of the stores that I went to, did not have anyone shopping. I was able to get a set of Pokemon Sword and Shield at 2 different stores. I did not see anyone packing orders today at all 4 stores, which was surprising. I'm in TX so CSAC was active, but I wanted the $5 bonus on my Switch games.

I got an email stating that my $5 rewards certificate is about to expire, but there’s nothing in my active offers and I thought the monthly certificates were starting in January. I just re-upped Pro in November, is it likely that I actually have a certificate waiting?
I got the same email, when I signed up for pro recently he said I had $5 coupon on the receipt. But I got nothing in my active offers.

So I’m from GA but on vacation in TX, can anyone tell me if GS requires IDs for trades here? If they do I’m just gonna stock up on games out here and then bring em back to GA w me

Wow I actually managed to find a Gamestop at close to noon during my break that hasn't been raided yet. Managed to pick up Astral Chain, Pokemon Sword, Dragon Quest XI S, and Super Mario Deluxe U. They actually had multiple used pokemon sword and shield still available. There were plenty of people there, nobody was really looking at the switch games, mainly PS4.

So I'm showing 3 games I want available for store pickup.  Can I order the three, and change the order when I get there to get another game free?

Came to a mall GameStop no games had their original cases...that’s ridiculous

I wouldn’t mind if GameStop charged a refurb fee for no original case. Almost all the games in the store have no original cases

I’m hoping my order comes with some original cases.

I’m concerned that base prices will drop considerably due to the CSAC promotion. I’m surprised that they didn’t do that today. 

Came to a mall GameStop no games had their original cases...that’s ridiculous

I wouldn’t mind if GameStop charged a refurb fee for no original case. Almost all the games in the store have no original cases

I’m hoping my order comes with some original cases.
3 out of the 6 games that I ordered from the black Friday B2G1 sale, came with generic cases. You can always swap in store if you want an original case (few people have mentioned on here).

Wow I actually managed to find a Gamestop at close to noon during my break that hasn't been raided yet. Managed to pick up Astral Chain, Pokemon Sword, Dragon Quest XI S, and Super Mario Deluxe U. They actually had multiple used pokemon sword and shield still available. There were plenty of people there, nobody was really looking at the switch games, mainly PS4.
Is that really uncommon? I’m the only one in my area that I know that flips like me.

Damn, was gonna get New Super Mario Bros, MUA3 and two others, checked the app, and now NSMB is gone. I wish everything was in the same area, I have a backup 4, but debating on whether to drive to another city to get it lol

Having the same issue with some $5.99 SNES games. Looks like we're SOL for the time being :/

Is that really uncommon? I’m the only one in my area that I know that flips like me.
Well I know all 4 stores near my house were raided of all the good stuff within the first hour. I went to one near my house right when they opened for Astral Chain but one prrson was even before me and wanted that. Had my wife check another store at 10am and Astral Chain + other higher end titles like Mario and Zelda all gone by then. Called 2 other stores and was told the same so my wife didn't have to bother going. The store were I got the goods was near my work, more outside of the city.

I saw someone mention that the games under $9.99 aren't eligible for b2g2, it will instead revert to 4 for $20 deal. It was in the fine print or something like that.

So I'm sure I could do better but got used PS4 versions of Sekiro, Control, Borderlands 3, and KH III for $66.84 after tax with pro.

Moved 3 of them to Amazon for $60 and kept Borderlands 3. Might trade in Borderlands back to GS for $23.50 since I'm in NorCal.😁

All done with credit so it was nice to move some of it to Amazon.

“Welcome to GameStop!, home of the GameStop! We are recording you for your safety! Welcome to GameStop!” I swear these hood GameStops are annoying af with that shit.

what do you guys mean by the Cali 50% + CSAC?

I looked in the app on the trade values and while I do see that the cash and credit trade in values are the same, the values seem really low.

what do you guys mean by the Cali 50% + CSAC?

I looked in the app on the trade values and while I do see that the cash and credit trade in values are the same, the values seem really low.
California doesn't allow CSAC, so they bump base up 50% when the CSAC trade deal happens. Doesn't show in app but will at register.

“Welcome to GameStop!, home of the GameStop! We are recording you for your safety! Welcome to GameStop!” I swear these hood GameStops are annoying af with that shit.
Once accidentally walked out of one of these with the empty, gutted "new" display case I'd picked up prior to buying a used copy of the same game.

Suprisingly, the gamestop gestapo did not follow up with me on this - which from then on has left me feeling neither safe, nor particularly protected in their establishment :c

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back