2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Went on my lunch break to my local store and snagged 2 copies each of Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 and Yoshi's Crafted World. Went after work with these and a bunch of other stuff to the mall store by my house and holy hell they were cleaned out of any relevant titles for switch.

The guy doing my trade kinda side-eyed me with my dupes but the SL came out and said it was cool; he even commented how bad they needed switch titles lol.

BTW I learned if something has a refurb fee it won't go towards CSAC.

Same here. This was a year-ish ago, or maybe even 2 years, but I have definitely had, in one day, ~$450 cash and ~$1500 in trade credit at one store in 2 transactions. Traded in a ton of retro junk and beat up systems, several bins worth, and a PS4 Pro during a CSAC and either a bonus for volume or a pre-order. I'm willing to believe it's changed, but the accrual at 4x formula stuff mentioned early seems a bit complex for GS.
Well, considering all the CSAC, B2B2 madness going on, don't think anyone alive will be taking a look at anything tonight... it will be whatever algorithm for account flagging will be tripped for the trade ban to occur.

My running total for the past 30 days TC: $1819 and today's total cash trade: $497.xx (single store & first time cashing out at GS). For reference, my total spent at GS YTD is ~$3000. (all TC transactions)

I thought everything was going smoothly until I ran into a JD. I had my games already traded in and I had a new set of 4 to buy but this other guy intervened. The cashier had already rung me up and processed the trades. I’m so pissed. He claimed that I was just here because I had 4 games to trade in. It was my first time at this store. He even wanted to check my transactions but he said they don’t show up on the first day. This guy knows his stuff. I had them as cartridge only and I didn’t have any trouble at all doing it. I did however hear from multiple stores about their DL calling to not allow B2G2 and then a trade. I also heard from another guy that it was an employee. I was hoping to avoid this but it happened. I wanted to do them all today but it looks like I can only trade in 10 today and be left with two duplicates. I really don’t want to be turned away. I don’t even have a Switch. 😡

One order from yesterday preparing shipment. One order from this morning still order received.

Also may have found a test store. Wii Sports and Wii Sports Resort rang up for $6 each trade. I showed him my app and the website and he fixed it. Even let me get csac.

I don't trade games in at Gamestop. I trade them on sites like gametz( have yet to trade any physical games here) or sell them locally. Gamestop always wants to give you barely anything for a game. I remember a game they would take for $5 that I sold on offerup for $25. All these posts about trading in games there don't make sense to me. It's different pricing online and in person? I live in Southern California so games trade in/get sold higher here? I have Super Smash Bros for 3DS that I have on offerup. Gamestop will give me $8.80 for it. It's going for $20-25 on offerup. What's so great about getting less money for your games?
We don't trade if they're offering crap for it.. that's common sense for any Cheap Ass Gamer. We buy low and sell high when they're offering promotions.

We don't trade if they're offering crap for it.. that's common sense for any Cheap Ass Gamer. We buy low and sell high when they're offering promotions.
Okay I get that and I take it there are no promotions for 3DS games? I see some posts about Wii Sports. No idea why that's $15 but cool if you have an extra copy. I have some games I want to sell or trade in but going from online, I am better off selling them privately. Smash Bros 3DS was just one example. Is there a list of games they are giving good value for right now? Is it more just knowing you get the money right away and don't have to take a picture and post the game and then meet up with someone or ship it out? That's worth less money to many here?

Placed 3 orders Tuesday night, got shipping emails earlier for all but 2 of the games. Those two are showing 'preparing to ship'.

I was also able to go in store today with my kids and do a couple of rounds of flips with decent value Switch games, so they weren't all taken for shipping.

Just left a store with sword and shield. Was traded in very recently at that store.

At the first we went to, My 9 year old boy asked to look in the drawers of pre-owned switch games. One guy brought a big box onto the counter for him to look through. Spent a lot of time with him. They had games that weren't on the shelf. Also had one not even in inventory but was in the drawer.
So, if you're polite and they have a few minutes of peace, ask if they could look for a few games.
Or, let you peek over their shoulder.
They had a copy of the Luigi game and almost let us have it. But it was on hold. 10 minutes later a woman came in and bought it for her little kid.

Stores are all messed up and a lot of the pre-owned cases aren't where they belong.

Maybe you can get lucky and find some games that were just brought in.

Also, I have a military ID it stacks with the 10% discount for pur. But, doesn't work with any of the buy one get __ so far.

Nice that that 10% works on used consoles.

Everything went well at the last store that I visited. I was able to trade in 10 games and only have 2 left. I just played dumb about the promotion and just talked about wanting to preorder the new xbox. I just needed an excuse to trade in so many games on the day of a sale. It didn't really matter because the cashiers didn't really care about my trades. The cashier did show his buddy how much I was getting. I don't care about that as long as I got to do the transaction. I was so terrified of somebody jumping in from the back and stopping the transaction. I was just waiting for the moment that I could slide the trade card. All it takes is one JD to screw up your plans. I'll trade in my last two games at the same store tomorrow and I'll finally be done. I would be so mad to get banned when I'm this close. GS rarely has sales like these so getting banned would be no big deal. I love this store so being able to end my flips here would be great. 

Re: shipping; I ordered 28-some titles (mostly 3ds) with CAG16 back in the midnight hours of Christmas morn, and am finally getting a few of those dudes heading my way.

Only like 4 of the common-er ones - Star fox 64 3D and Pokemon SMD as opposed to Project Mirai DX or Persona Q - but it's both a start and also an indication it's not just in-demand switch games what are taking their time.

Full set of 4 retro I picked out DID ship, though, which is nice. Didn't go too crazy on them, though, since I have no idea if they'll still have no issue processing partial returns in the event of poor quality like they usually do with B2G1 online returns, or if the sexy savings on this one'll get them to play hardball and actually try and sort out the mess of packing receipts to pull the lot from my greedy, greedy hands.

In other news my local gamestop was finally able to get me a legit Pokemon Soul Silver to swap out the one I got from the BF B1G1 retro deal. Does anyone know if these older pokemon ds games play better on like a DSi XL or I'll be fine with my 2ds XL?

In other news my local gamestop was finally able to get me a legit Pokemon Soul Silver to swap out the one I got from the BF B1G1 retro deal. Does anyone know if these older pokemon ds games play better on like a DSi XL or I'll be fine with my 2ds XL?
I would prefer the DSi XL because it doesn't have the black bars on the sides.

Does anyone have a list of stores that are ineligible for CSAC? The PDF that someone linked a while ago has expired.

Got about 6 of 24 orders shipped. All from Fort Worth, TX. I’m assuming everything else is getting shipped out of stores. Here’s to hoping they ship

Got about 6 of 24 orders shipped. All from Fort Worth, TX. I’m assuming everything else is getting shipped out of stores. Here’s to hoping they ship
My first whole order just shipped from Fort Worth. Is that a warehouse / distribution center? And if so, does that better or worsen our chance of getting cases with the games?

Placed an order for 3 pickups and 1 shipping on some Switch games for the buy2get2.  Out of the 3 pickups, 1 wasn't in stock and got cancelled (naturally, at the same time the shipping game went beyond a point where I could cancel the whole order).

Strangely, now my order summary shows that I have an order discount of $115, and an order total of $55.17...  Did I get lucky and have one of the games I paid for get cancelled, and now if I pick up those other 2 I'll essentially have a buy 1 get 2 free?  Or will it readjust once I do the pickup?

Anybody have any experience with that?

I screwed up and traded four copies of the same game. What’s the easy way to confirm I’m toast? I’m at about $1,700 for the day, so I was nearly maxed out anyway. I could have stretched past $2,000, but it would’ve taken another couple hours.

My first whole order just shipped from Fort Worth. Is that a warehouse / distribution center? And if so, does that better or worsen our chance of getting cases with the games?
I think it’s their main warehouse where everything gets sent. Not sure about cases, probably the same odds as stores having them.

Question. I bought a set of 4 games in the store for the B2G2 promo, but the employee and I made a mistake for my purchase. I was trying to get Luigi Mansion 3DS but the employee gave me Dark Moon instead. I didn't bother to check it out until my lil sis pointed it out and I'm a bit frustrated at what happen. So the question is can I return the games that I bought and rebuy it again but with the correct game this time? 

$24 for Wii Sports. Crazy! and I got two more of it lol.

IMG-8756.jpg

I swear the non-csac promos make me so salty! Actually do have one store that does it but it's about a 6 hour round trip to get it is. 😅

Hi, can someone clarify the CA trade-in deal...does any/every game get a 50% bonus? And its for Pro members only? (So basically its a 60% bonus with pro?) Thanks

Ordered a set of Switch games about an hour after the sale started and still in preparing for shipping. Did 8 game flip today. Not much left when I got there.

Got 2 sets of 4 and the cashier kinda looked at me like "it's all good" but then he looked kinda sad as well as if he was watching his kids leave for college. I was like man these games be having cats going through all kinda mental scenarios. I wonder if that dude really cared or if it's all in my head.

This B2G2 is doin the most.

Hoping Gamestop gives me a refund quick.

Placed an order on the 22nd for Samurai Shodown and Garfield Kart Racing on x1.

Got a shipping email saying both were shipped.

Later that day got another email with tracking info for samurai shodown but nothing on Garfield.

I go check my order status online and it says Garfield Kart is now sold out and they are waiting for more stock.

Dont send an email saying an item has shipped if you dont have it in stock.

Ridiculous.

Two of my games are preparing to ship, the other two are now "awaiting product availability". I hope this doesn't turn into buy 2 pay for 2 ;_;

Alot of my orders was placed soon as the sale went live, still haven't got a shipping notice for anything.

Is the trade limit tied to account# or ID? I been letting my friends borrow my elite, and would hate to have it go against my limit

Alot of my orders was placed soon as the sale went live, still haven't got a shipping notice for anything.

Is the trade limit tied to account# or ID? I been letting my friends borrow my elite, and would hate to have it go against my limit
I mean your account can get marked as a Reseller and they can close the account at any point in time if they choose to do so as it is against their terms of service for PUR. Just about any rewards program has that in the terms and conditions though. Best Buy has the same thing as an example.

Placed an order for 3 pickups and 1 shipping on some Switch games for the buy2get2. Out of the 3 pickups, 1 wasn't in stock and got cancelled (naturally, at the same time the shipping game went beyond a point where I could cancel the whole order).

Strangely, now my order summary shows that I have an order discount of $115, and an order total of $55.17... Did I get lucky and have one of the games I paid for get cancelled, and now if I pick up those other 2 I'll essentially have a buy 1 get 2 free? Or will it readjust once I do the pickup?

Anybody have any experience with that?
During the last B2G1 I placed multiple orders that had cancellations. One ended up as a B1G1 and another actually ended up B0G1

Looks like I am not trade banned :) so $500 and $2000 are separate counters or some other random algorithm is used.

Oh and all Luigi Mansions have shipped! #score no MK8/D yet tho!

Damn found a store this morning with Mario Maker 2 and Luigi's Mansion along with a few other higher end switch titles. But it was a store that was closing and they don't participate in the b2g2. The stuff you buy aren't eligible for returns either.

I only did one order of 4 games on the 25th and they are still at "Preparing for Shipment." Fingers crossed for everyone waiting! I stopped by my local store yesterday and their Switch pre-owned shelves were almost empty.

So I have 2 orders were 2 of the 4 games shipped but the other 2 are awaiting availability which doesn't look good. Unfortunately the awaiting availability games are the free ones. I'm afraid Gamestop will eventually cancel the free ones due to OOS after the 7 days and I can't even return the 2 fully charged games. This is a mess

My orders are finally starting to ship. Good thing I pay for a pro subscription to get 2-4 business day shipping just so GameStop can ship slow ass ground. My delivery estimates are January 6 and 7. 2-4 business days....okay GameStop.

So I have 2 orders were 2 of the 4 games shipped but the other 2 are awaiting availability which doesn't look good. Unfortunately the awaiting availability games are the free ones. I'm afraid Gamestop will eventually cancel the free ones due to OOS after the 7 days and I can't even return the 2 fully charged games. This is a mess
https://www.gamestop.com/deals/holiday-hub

Returns open until jan 15th. They'll have to really screw the pooch to leave you unable to get 'em in by them.

You can also just return the ones you get first in-store via their packing slip, which will only list them, if you're that worried; it'll leave you in a morally questionable position if the free ones then do end up getting to you, though. Depends on if your packing slip's the version that lists free/full price ones distinctly or weirdly spreads price discount across them.

None of my games have shipped starting to think they won’t.
I got 2 emails of items being shipped this morning, 1 shipment is a solo copy Mario Maker2 & the other is 4 games (MUA3, DQXIS, Arms & DaemonXMachine). So I'm at 5/39 -_-, eta is not bad. Expected to be delivered on the 30th.

I mean your account can get marked as a Reseller and they can close the account at any point in time if they choose to do so as it is against their terms of service for PUR. Just about any rewards program has that in the terms and conditions though. Best Buy has the same thing as an example.
Good point, Imma cash in my 136k of points today just incase. Got another batch of games ready to go. I haven't been keep tracking of totals & dates. I really should start doing that going forward.

Anyone else having a problem with CAG16 not working today?

Did 2 orders on Christmas day with it and it worked fine. Today - Coupon cannot be added to your cart

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back