2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got lowballed by $5 on Death Stranding and had to show them the app that said $20 to “prove” the TIV. Then he had to override and make an adjustment.

I can’t believe this stuff. GameStop if you think making your customers feel like they’re doing something wrong when they walk in your store you’re really on the road to doom. I’ll never go back after this crap.

Heads up, trade values in-store will be lower than what the app says. Kills most switch flips.
Even stores that are lowballing will usually honor the app if you show them. If the leaked emails are correct, employees are supposed to manually adjust if you catch them lowballing.

Also don't trust the app for store inventory. None of the games that I was looking for were in store when the app said they were.

Also don't trust the app for store inventory. None of the games that I was looking for were in store when the app said they were.
I think this might be related to how well the employees are doing their jobs. The only times I have problem with the app inventory is the store where the employees don’t seem to care. All the other ones are fine.

Damn GameStop screwing up so many times in my recent orders. Two regular versions of games in GOTY cases. Now two games shipped but two not. And still waiting for my credit refund from a month ago.
Same situation as Cloud. Don't know if I should just return these for risk of not getting the free games.
You would think that on combo deals like this where games are free they would ensure games are in stock before shipping anything.

The amount of reduced trade credit stores is increasing. There is a prestige store that my friend went to trade his games, and they started reducing trade values today. $30 games were reduced to $15, which is even worse than what others here have reported. My friend insisted on adjusting to the values in the app and they threatened to call security on him. 

Damn GameStop screwing up so many times in my recent orders. Two regular versions of games in GOTY cases. Now two games shipped but two not. And still waiting for my credit refund from a month ago.
Same situation as Cloud. Don't know if I should just return these for risk of not getting the free games.
You would think that on combo deals like this where games are free they would ensure games are in stock before shipping anything.
Ever since they started shipping from stores the screw ups have been way more frequent. I don't think GameStop is sophisticated enough to pull it off.

Got another 4 games being shipped now; lego HP (switch), lego villains (xb1), lego incredibles (switch) & Samurai Shodown (ps4). ETA 31st, & January 6th 🤨. Putting me at 9/39 now.

If I get partial shipments without complete fulfillment. I'll charge back every order and I'll be done with gamestop online.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

20 of my games have shipped, 5 are preparing for shipment and Mk8D, New Super Mario Brother Deluxe and Link's Awakening are awaiting product availability so it'll be touch and go if I even get them

Man, since I knew Gamestop.com shares stock with Stores I figured one side was going to get screwed. I'm glad I still went hunting for the games I wanted in stores yesterday (Astro Chain, DQ XI S, Mario Maker 2, Luigi's Mansion 3, New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe, YS VIII, Pokemon Sword and Shield), although I did strike out on Mario Maker 2 and Luigi's Mansion as well yesterday. Was hoping my online orders for those would come through but now looking unlikely. 6 for 8 aint bad I guess, Would've been really salty had I not taken action yesterday and end up going 0 for xxx today on the games I wanted. Now I just hope Gamestop doesn't screw us on the returns with these partial orders.

Heads up to anyone that can find a copy of Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon on the 3DS at any of your stores nearby. Works best if you can find multiple copies. I found this out just by looking at the games I had bought this morning

I purchased:

Spider-Man
Assassin's Creed Odyssey
Azure Striker gunvolt
Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon

My total came out to $40.50. 40.5/4 is $10.10 each. If you trade in just one copy of Luigi's Mansion after purchasing it you get back $12 putting your total at $28.50. 28/3 is $9 and some change. So you essentially you can get the b2g2 deal and not have to spend as much money as long as the games are under $18.99. I was going to do this but I actually want to keep Luigi's Mansion

20 of my games have shipped, 5 are preparing for shipment and Mk8D, New Super Mario Brother Deluxe and Link's Awakening are awaiting product availability so it'll be touch and go if I even get them
I need Mario Deluxe

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

The amount of reduced trade credit stores is increasing. There is a prestige store that my friend went to trade his games, and they started reducing trade values today. $30 games were reduced to $15, which is even worse than what others here have reported. My friend insisted on adjusting to the values in the app and they threatened to call security on him.
How much of a dick was your friend being for them to threaten to sic a rent-a-cop on him?

I guess it shouldn't surprise people that the company that started failing because people got sick of being screwed over by them, has decided that the only way to dig itself out of the current hole, is to double down on trying to screw people over to make money.

Heads up; 2 of my older trade cards had some credit issued back to them randomly today. 1 was completely empty & the other already had some credit on it. I keep all my TCs in SamsungPay and it automatically tracks the balances for you. Also I received a GC in the mail from GS a couple days ago, haven't checked it yet. I had a few games canceled to "inventory issues" back in November. I never contacted CS, so I'm not sure where these credit came from.

You can do more than four games, but the cheapest ones will always be the free ones.
Doesn't seem to be working with my cart at all unfortunately. Am I doing something wrong? (Trying to buy 2 get 2 twice, instead it is only making 2 free total)

xWP3GpTl.jpg

All the Mario Makers/Luigi/DK/Party/DQ/3H have shipped so I guess it's a bit random depending on location and regional availability. None of my MK8s or NSMBU:D have shipped and two are  "Awaiting Product Availability" -_-

Doesn't seem to be working with my cart at all unfortunately. Am I doing something wrong? (Trying to buy 2 get 2 twice, instead it is only making 2 free total)

xWP3GpTl.jpg
If this is your entire cart, you have only 7 games there and will need to add an additional game for it to trigger as it does them in multiples of 4.

Ok so I checked and I actually had 27 orders. 5 shipped completely, 13 partially shipped, and 9 in progress. Better than yesterday but still hoping everything ships.

How much of a dick was your friend being for them to threaten to sic a rent-a-cop on him?
I'm not entirely sure what happened because he lives across the country. They told my friend to call customer service to get the values adjusted. He insisted that they should be able to adjust the prices, and they told him that they don't do that here. He asked to speak to a manager and they threatened to call security. I've only had good experiences with the employees at the GameStops in my district, so I don't know the store's side of the story.

Mario Maker 2 and Zelda are awaiting availability for me while Mario Party and Yoshi are preparing to ship. My order list the full price of $54.99 for each game in my email and online order, so I don't know which ones are the free ones. It just says ~$100 discount at the bottom with the total. Guess I will just have to sit back and wait to see what happens. My gift card has not been charged yet which is odd because they usually take the money right when I put in the order.

They did not have this problem during the Black Friday sales.

I was at a GS where the system showed they had a Smash in stock and I wanted it, but hey couldn't find it so they literally opened up a new copy and gave it to me. The employees were definitely packing online orders during any downtime they had saying "Sorry, we don't have any of that in stock", so here's to hoping we all get "used-ish" copies. 

Be smart about buying online if your going to buy multiple quantities 3 or more of the same item. Seeing old threads on here, this definitely contributes to a ban on their website.

I can see people doing this with Gameboy games, getting counterfeit copies and returning them in store and reordering. It may mark you as a "reseller" to them.

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/271118-am-i-black-listed-from-gamestopcom/

I'm not entirely sure what happened because he lives across the country. They told my friend to call customer service to get the values adjusted. He insisted that they should be able to adjust the prices, and they told him that they don't do that here. He asked to speak to a manager and they threatened to call security. I've only had good experiences with the employees at the GameStops in my district, so I don't know the store's side of the story.
I've been to numerous Gamestops throughout the country and none ever threaten to call security even when someone is irate. Im sure your friend is leaving out some details.

I've been to numerous Gamestops throughout the country and none ever threaten to call security even when someone is irate. Im sure your friend is leaving out some details.
I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. I assume he refused to leave unless they agreed to change the trade-in values even when/if he was asked to leave. Regardless, the point still stands that there is an increase in these "test stores" and the employees were not notified that they can change the trade-in value to match the app. I just hope it doesn't spread to my district.

I guess you have never been to a Gamestop on Jakku. They will call them stormtroopers on you, just for looking at them funny.

$40 for the Xbox One Patrol Tech controller sounded alright.  I received the brown Combat Tech front shell, and a green/gray controller's back shell plus buttons and worn sticks.  It was apparently traded in on 12/24.  I hope it wasn't anyone around here who did this.

I was at a GS where the system showed they had a Smash in stock and I wanted it, but hey couldn't find it so they literally opened up a new copy and gave it to me. The employees were definitely packing online orders during any downtime they had saying "Sorry, we don't have any of that in stock", so here's to hoping we all get "used-ish" copies.
Was this Gamestop in a nice area? This would not happen in some of the ghetto stores I go to.

Reading that some of you have had Links Awakening ship gives me hope. Mine still is in product availability mode but I will keep checking it periodically.

Be smart about buying online if your going to buy multiple quantities 3 or more of the same item. Seeing old threads on here, this definitely contributes to a ban on their website.

I can see people doing this with Gameboy games, getting counterfeit copies and returning them in store and reordering. It may mark you as a "reseller" to them.

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/271118-am-i-black-listed-from-gamestopcom/
They used to limit online purchase quantities. Idk if they still do that or not. 3 years ago I bought 9 copies of MKDD for GC and it didn't affect my account

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back