2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a reminder if anyone is hoping for complete copies for older games from the warehouse, they throw away the manuals. The ROC guy literally said "because people can write bad things in them."

I'm now at 23/28 games shipped, just the three awaiting availability and Witcher 3 and Mario Maker 2 which are preparing for shipment. Gonna hope someome around here gets in Smash tonight so I can grab it up first thing in the morning and I'll be set on basically all high dollar Switch games

Soooo I just realized that all of my orders I placed that I did paypal checkout... I wasn't logged in.  I didn't receive my Pro extra 10% off, nor my points for those purchases.  Anyone ever have any luck contacting GS after the fact to get things adjusted?  For the record I did use cag16 on the orders though.

Just a reminder if anyone is hoping for complete copies for older games from the warehouse, they throw away the manuals. The ROC guy literally said "because people can write bad things in them."
Is that new? I've received manuals for Gamecube, PS1, and DC games. None for Xbox or PS2

Incorrect. All 4 Gamecube games delivered today were complete with original case & manual
Is that new? I've received manuals for Gamecube, PS1, and DC games. None for Xbox or PS2
News to me! Gotten tons of gamecube (SMS, LM, Metal Arms, Pokemon XD, Megaman Network Transmisison, Eternal Darkness, ect) over the years and never once ended up with a manual. Good to hear they're out there in the wild, though.

Never got a case with PS1/PS2, though; stopped ordering them because of it. Would like to hear of someone getting a copy of Raidou or Wild Arms 5 or something CiB though, just for funsies.

Not real worried whether gamestop will ship my games, as I've ordered ~100 games between Black Friday and the B2G2 and received all the games.

What I AM worried about is them shipping the correct games. Had 2-3 games that weren't correct, though the games I ordered this time were a bit more abstract and had subtitles (i.e. apparently Gamestop employees can't read subtitles and/or can't match sku numbers)

Hilarious that some people are buying scores and scores of games online with minimal to no issues during sales with stacked promos. I try to buy 4 in store and an asshole Gamestop employee derails the entire transaction. That contrast is why Gamestop will continue to fail.

Not real worried whether gamestop will ship my games, as I've ordered ~100 games between Black Friday and the B2G2 and received all the games.

What I AM worried about is them shipping the correct games. Had 2-3 games that weren't correct, though the games I ordered this time were a bit more abstract and had subtitles (i.e. apparently Gamestop employees can't read subtitles and/or can't match sku numbers)
I still remember the days when gamestop forgot to ship one of the games in my order and it was missing in the package and when i contacted customer service they mentioned they would send out the missing the game. Come to find out they actually just reshipped my whole order again which netted a few double copies, lol

So I went to two of the local stores that had newly popped up Mario Maker 2 in stock this afternoon. The first store I got to, the employee said they did get a copy in earlier but they already shipped it out to fulfill a web order. The manager then called another store nearby that showed 2 used copies in stock and asked them to hold me one. I went over to the 2nd store and bought the Mario Maker 2 along with 3 other games they had that were $50 (Splatoon 2, Octopath, YS VIII) as I was paying the employee told me had I not buy the Mario Maker 2 by the end of the day. It would probably be used to fullfill an online order. So yea it does look like they're fullfilling them as they're being traded in.

the 4/$60 was fun because occasionally the wrong game would be included (esp stores that gutted trained staff).. stuff like XC2, instead of XC2:Torna (need to look closely at the labels on that one) .. Super Mario Odyssey, instead of Super Monkey Ball... some others with "similar" names.

If the more expensive game got put in, look the other way. If incorrect, raise hell... Am I right?

I suppose this can happen when either you fire existing quality staff for not meeting quota's, or the existing quality staff gets fed up and finds employment elsewhere. What you are left with is seasonals / new hires to take the reigns.

One store I take a liking to is solely run by a pothead. It's generally a dying store (hardly any customers, in-between towns), and I guess the dude has a lot of free time 'round back to kill.

I guess it all works out. When the games are loose, there isn't a SKU number per-say directly, other than IF an employee filed it into the drawer, with an incorrect SKU sticker on the CD sleeve (where the cart gets stored). Employees are in a hurry, so they likely just trust the game ordered matches the SKU. Most of the time it's accurate though.

We only hear complaints about the cheaper game being sent .. and how GS screwed up big time ... how come no complaints when more expensive game(s) gets delivered, or bought? :)

I know, I know. If it's in the purchasers favor, why spend gas to correct their mistake. If it's not in the favor, it's definitely worth it to drive back and correct the issue. I get it... then go online and blog the hassle, or make a video.. Mmm Hmm..

Got 3x 2x2 orders in different stores today stores are restocking flips from other Cags and have pretty A1 titles available at least in my area. I got Smash, Odyssey, Mk8 and Octopath at the worst to round it off still going strong in store folks!

Yeah I just got my Pokken Tournament DX shipment notification about an hour ago. That means all 4 of mine has shipped.

I’m guessing they just have a shit ton of shipments to get ready lol

Yeah I just got my Pokken Tournament DX shipment notification about an hour ago. That means all 4 of mine has shipped.

I’m guessing they just have a s*** ton of shipments to get ready lol

News to me! Gotten tons of gamecube (SMS, LM, Metal Arms, Pokemon XD, Megaman Network Transmisison, Eternal Darkness, ect) over the years and never once ended up with a manual. Good to hear they're out there in the wild, though.

Never got a case with PS1/PS2, though; stopped ordering them because of it. Would like to hear of someone getting a copy of Raidou or Wild Arms 5 or something CiB though, just for funsies.
Same, ordered well over 200+ gc games over the past 2 years and never once did I get a manual. Hell im lucky to get an original case n not a yellow sleeve. B1G1 earlier last month I ordered 80 gc games and about 70 came in a yellow sleeve. A good amount didn’t even work.

So...

First time for me taking advantage of this sale from Gamestop. I generally avoid them as much as I can unless there's a great deal. I hold no ill will to employees (folks gotta eat) but get frustrated sometimes when they're hypocrites (ie: ban or cancel orders cause they think you're a reseller... THE nerve :D)

I may have spent 8 hours scouring the pages and ordered 314 games across 40 orders (almost all retro stuff). 30 orders have shipped (with only 2 games still preparing for shipment). The other 10 orders (the most recent ones) are still "Looking for availability". I will keep a good chunk of the ones in good condition but I am NOT looking forward to testing them all or dealing with any issues that arise LOL.

The only games that have been cancelled were 2 Switch Games (Super Mario Odyssey) that I didn't realize were set to ship to store. They were cancelled pretty much immediately. YET, the 2 other games are still maybe gonna ship (the free ones)

I expect everything to be cart / disc only and if there are any cases / manuals then SCORE. I am NOT looking forward to testing all of these / dealing with issues, but I suppose it's part of the deal.

Happy Hunting!

Same, ordered well over 200+ gc games over the past 2 years and never once did I get a manual. Hell im lucky to get an original case n not a yellow sleeve. B1G1 earlier last month I ordered 80 gc games and about 70 came in a yellow sleeve. A good amount didn’t even work.
I bought many GC titles a couple years back. They would come with the case and manual, but the disc was sometimes absolutely disgusting!

Let me elaborate about the disc. They would more times than not, come with, what I can only call grime, in the inner portion. I talked to friends at my local Mom & Pop retro store and they said it was GS's refurbish procedure, where they resurface a disc, polish it, then douse it to wipe away the polish residue. This works OK for more CD / DVD games because they have a tight seal around the middle. But GC discs have a quarter inch between the inner edge and where the glue begins to seal the data. When you immerse a GC disc, fluid can enter this cavity. it turns cloudy / green.

Now I'm not sure if the fluid they use is green, or if it's just mold growing.

In any event, I would always return the game with the green inner slime, less the manual (because they don't track that). If possible the case too / or original artwork, depending on sticker placement and complexity. It's cheaper to buy a clean disc only elsewhere.

Long story short, if others did the same, the manuals are in someone elses house, and the disc you bought has generated alot of frequent flyer miles, to fly around the world several times.

Check the inner portion of your GS GC disc. If it looks gross, it came from GS.

Ugh.  Saw all these "shipped" posts and figured I'd check my status.  Ordered 4 Switch games early Christmas morning, all marked as "Awaiting Product Availability".  Doesn't look good.  I don't mind the wait, but I don't want my order cancelled.

So keep in mind stores have a pile of games "to be shipped out" I thought no chance in hell they would sell out of this right? Well the guy in front of me sure asked and they said "sure man!" and he grabbed 2 LM3 and 2 Mario Karts, When I got up to the counter I also asked and got Mario Kart Odyssey Smash and a Zelda. So chances are they are doing this in a TON of stores and a ton of online orders and gonna get cancelled=(

Not trying to rain on anyones parade but considering i have online orders pending myself I think Gamestop employee ineptness is gonna mess up their stock beyond belief on this Buy2.

So keep in mind stores have a pile of games "to be shipped out" I thought no chance in hell they would sell out of this right? Well the guy in front of me sure asked and they said "sure man!" and he grabbed 2 LM3 and 2 Mario Karts, When I got up to the counter I also asked and got Mario Kart Odyssey Smash and a Zelda. So chances are they are doing this in a TON of stores and a ton of online orders and gonna get cancelled=(
GS is working on metrics to get a really awesome Q4 report. I wouldn't be surprised if they want people to flip games around for awhile, then when the sale is over, and the dust settles, ship some more games.

When pre-orders were a hot topic, anyone remember GS over-selling pre-orders? Get money now, apologize later when there wasn't enough to go around. I remember. I can't forget this - though they might want me to.

I guess the lesson here boys and girls is that online orders are not priority - they already locked your money away - they will get to you .. eventually - in the meantime, there is money / metrics from others to be made elsewhere ...

Whew! All 8 games from my 2 orders shipped.

Somehow one order will arrive tomorrow despite not shipping out until late today. And one order will arrive on the 30th.

Omg 20+ orders? How much money y’all got?

GameStop can take their time shipping my games as long as all them come in original artwork/cases

Ok update, So one of my games that changed from preparing to ship to awaiting inventory this afternoon has now changed back to preparing to ship. All others still stuck at awaiting inventory. At least that's a good sign. Of course it's Mario Maker 2, the one game where I went to 2 Gamestops this afternoon to hunt down cause I thought my online order won't be fulfilled.

One time I got Legend of Mana and Saga Frontier 2 on PS1 complete with the original case and manual. The discs were in great condition too. Not super high value, but it was better than eBay prices. They're definitely the exception though. Most of their PS1 games are disc only and look like they were resurfaced with 50 grit sandpaper.

Is the extra $50 in consoles still valid?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I don't know but I still can't figure out how people are getting all these great trade in values. I have a Star Wars Darth Vader edition PS4 with the original box and 9 games and I checked what Gamestop would give me and it was like $145. The lowest I've been offered for it on CL or Offerup is $220. So even if I take that lowball offer from that buyer, it's still almost double what Gamestop would give me.

I don't know but I still can't figure out how people are getting all these great trade in values. I have a Star Wars Darth Vader edition PS4 with the original box and 9 games and I checked what Gamestop would give me and it was like $145. The lowest I've been offered for it on CL or Offerup is $220. So even if I take that lowball offer from that buyer, it's still almost double what Gamestop would give me.
Right now all game trades are an extra 50% and I believe there were some killer system deals before Christmas.

Picked up Silhouette Mirage (disc only), Valkyrie Profile, and Xenogears for PS1 complete and got a copy of astral chain to make the blow a little cheaper, all in one store. Everything but Mirage are in amazing condition, only Xenogears has a couple cracks in the case but that’s easily replaceable. Just awesome to see in store! Also everything but 2 orders have either shipped or partially shipped. So I’m guaranteed at 32/108 right now. Hope for more updates tomorrow!

Hmmm, Gamestop is selling Detroit: Become Human for $9 and the base trade in value for that game is $7. If you use the buy 2 get 2 free deal on this, you can get one free copy of the game with in store pickup. You could get a possible $18 of free store credit if you'd trade in all three copies back in ($36 store credit - $18 to purchase = $18 not including tax).

...But you'd probably get banned though lmao

EDIT: I had no idea about the extra 50% for all trade-ins lol, So I guess $12 extra of store instead.

I went and bought 4 Switch games for the B2G2 and used a $15 and $25 off preowned item certificates. It ended up applying both discounts to one of the free games so all was for naught..... Do I have any chance of getting my certificates back by calling customer service or should I just accept that I’m SOL?

I went and bought 4 Switch games for the B2G2 and used a $15 and $25 off preowned item certificates. It ended up applying both discounts to one of the free games so all was for naught..... Do I have any chance of getting my certificates back by calling customer service or should I just accept that I’m SOL?
Sorry, but I believe you are SOL. I also found out the hard way. NEVER use certs with promos as they cancel out any savings you may have gained.

Sorry, but I believe you are SOL. I also found out the hard way. NEVER use certs with promos as they cancel out any savings you may have gained.
Ahh, that sucks. It’s weird because I used a $25 off at another store and it worked fine but I’m sure that the game prices in that purchase worked in my favor for some reason. Thank you for the reply though, I’ve definitely learned my lesson.

can anyone pm me a list of all the games to get with b2g2 that have good trade in values? missed the last couple of days but maybe the shelves are restocked from flippers. I plan to go ham bananas today all over the city.

Right now all game trades are an extra 50% and I believe there were some killer system deals before Christmas.
Is this only in store because I can't find anything about it online. For example, one of the games I have in the Vader bundle is Detroit become Human. It's currently listed at a trade in credit of $7. Are you telling me Gamestop in store will give me $10.50 for it? It's listed as the deal of the day pre-owned for $9 so Gamestop would lose money. I mean, that's not too bad I guess. I would think it makes more sense for newer games. Links Awakening is $30 trade in so you'd get $45 for it. For me, all the PS4 games I have are a year or more older. The console itself is not under any promotion so I am better off selling it privately. I will make way more money. Those here that do have the games will be getting a much better deal than anything I would be trading in.

Is this only in store because I can't find anything about it online. For example, one of the games I have in the Vader bundle is Detroit become Human. It's currently listed at a trade in credit of $7. Are you telling me Gamestop in store will give me $10.50 for it? It's listed as the deal of the day pre-owned for $9 so Gamestop would lose money. I mean, that's not too bad I guess. I would think it makes more sense for newer games. Links Awakening is $30 trade in so you'd get $45 for it. For me, all the PS4 games I have are a year or more older. The console itself is not under any promotion so I am better off selling it privately. I will make way more money. Those here that do have the games will be getting a much better deal than anything I would be trading in.
Only in California or in stores that are exempt from CSAC

It's amazing how inconsistent GS employees can be. When csac started i brought in a huge stack of about 30 ps3 games to the store nearest my work--I don't go to this one very often--and the guy was taking like 30-45 secs to look at each disk and then proceeded to slap refurb fees on about 2/3 of them. Mind that my games are not in horrible shape and all had cases which rarely left my bookshelf lol.

I ended up keeping most of them and after work went to the store nearest my house and traded in with no problems at all. The employee just made sure the game was in the case and scanned them all in.

Goofy part in all this is the first store was super busy and my trade in was creating a pretty long line because the other employee had to handle all the transactions while the 2nd store was almost empty and I was done in less than 5 minutes.

I considered burning the first guy in a survey but decided against it cause I was in a great mood haha

So has anyone gotten any reward points since the 24th? I've seen nothing!  :bomb:

Made a ton of online orders on the 25th, and a few more 26/27th in store as well. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back