2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone get their PUR points for the past couple of days? My points stopped posting for all the transactions from Dec. 26 to now.

No reward points from Xmas orders for me yet either.
Points have been hit and miss with me lately. Got points for trade in kn Christmas Eve, but yet didn't get points for trades made few days prior and got points for a game bought on Monday but nome for games bought on Thursday or any of my Christmas purchases

Is there a B2G2 sheet? Back home in Atlanta and idk if the app inventory checkers are accurate but no Gamestop’s around me have ANY switch games in stock. Crazy

Managed to pick up Mario Odyssey, Marvel Alliance 3, Mario Tennis Aces, and Kirby Star Allies yesterday. Not sure if I’ll keep them all or not.

So has anyone gotten any reward points since the 24th? I've seen nothing! :bomb:

Made a ton of online orders on the 25th, and a few more 26/27th in store as well.
Not me. Two online orders and two in store transactions. I usually get points pretty quickly.

It didn't always work for me when I had 2 of the same games

If this is your entire cart, you have only 7 games there and will need to add an additional game for it to trigger as it does them in multiples of 4.
Tried with 8 unique games. Same issue. Maybe there is something else I'm doing wrong?

ZDpPkSn.jpg

something to do with rayman and house of the dead, for whatever reason, you aren't getting 20% off those games from your elite, so something is screwy with them. not properly programmed as preowned or something.

Traded in some games this morning and all the switch game values matched what the app and website listed.  This was a store in  (IN) so i am not sure what other state stores are showing lower values.

My two free games shipped and will arrive in a a couple days. I wonder that the packing slip will say since the two games I paid for in the B2G2 are the ones awaiting availability.

I don't know but I still can't figure out how people are getting all these great trade in values. I have a Star Wars Darth Vader edition PS4 with the original box and 9 games and I checked what Gamestop would give me and it was like $145. The lowest I've been offered for it on CL or Offerup is $220. So even if I take that lowball offer from that buyer, it's still almost double what Gamestop would give me.
Cause you want to trade in your 3DS games, an old ass PS4, and shit PS4 games. GameStop doesn’t want what you’re selling.

They don’t want an old PS4 that’s going to be a risk for them to try to resell with the PS5 right around the corner. There’s a good chance they take it in for $110 and it sits around until they have to mark it down.

They don’t want more copies of the same PS4 games that may or may not sell.

They don’t want copies of games for the 3DS that is essentially dead now.

You know what they do want? Switch games and Wii Sports. You’ve complained about this for days now. Read other posts about the deals going on and the trade in bonus and you can put 2 and 2 together.

Many people are also picking up Wii Sports for $1 at yard sales or thrift stores and trading it into GS for $15

How do we see online orders from the app?
i don't think you do...the app and website are pretty much entirely disconnected as far as i can tell...the fact that I can be signed in and add stuff to my cart on one and then sign into the other and the same stuff isn't in the cart there is ridiculous...

Tried with 8 unique games. Same issue. Maybe there is something else I'm doing wrong?
I had similar things happen on orders for items priced under $10. Like someone else said, I think it ends up mixing in a buy 4 for $20 deal. My suggestion is to do two separate transactions. One with items in the $10-20 range (ideally all the same price) and then another for the items priced $5-8. Try to get the orders over $35 for free shipping.

Anybody else getting the 6% cashback from GameStop on Bing and then having it say that you returned the order so they deduct your money? I haven't even gotten my orders but it keeps doing that to anything I ordered.
Assuming this works, it will be very good with CAG16 if it returns and the 20% elite for however long it lasts.

Got over 100k points added today, don’t even know if that includes the online orders I did. Also I found the goldmine at one store. Imagine the potential with 50%.
[attachment=33453:6174EBDF-500E-4C2D-8055-8EFFB21DDFE9.jpeg]

Cause you want to trade in your 3DS games, an old ass PS4, and shit PS4 games. GameStop doesn’t want what you’re selling.

They don’t want an old PS4 that’s going to be a risk for them to try to resell with the PS5 right around the corner. There’s a good chance they take it in for $110 and it sits around until they have to mark it down.

You know what they do want? Switch games and Wii Sports. You’ve complained about this for days now. Read other posts about the deals going on and the trade in bonus and you can put 2 and 2 together.

Many people are also picking up Wii Sports for $1 at yard sales or thrift stores and trading it into GS for $15
See this all the time on facebook marketplace - a delusional seller thinking their stuff is worth more than it actually is.

Ok it's been awhile since I've done some flipping but was unable to get a third party gift card today with credit. What gift cards are eligible, if any?

I have this funny feeling you just got trolled ..

Ok it's been awhile since I've done some flipping but was unable to get a third party gift card today with credit. What gift cards are eligible, if any?
I believe it is mainly Xbox, Steam, Eshop, iTunes, and PSN. As well as the various memberships. Not to sure on what else will work

I cashed in a $50 Reward Certificate this week and it did not work on anything non-gaming I would I tried other than an Amazon gift card - (tried to ring up gas, ebay, lowes, home depot, netflix, even taco bell). Trade credit on the other hand works on all the gaming cards I've bought - Xbox, Battlenet, eShop, etc.

The guy even tried to buy a GS GC with the cert to buy the non-gaming GC and still no dice.

The combination of these two deals at thg same time seems nuts to me. I can understand wanting to boost the end-of-year numbers a bit... but at what cost? I'm not trading in any game more than once but I'm still definitely up a good chunk of credit and several good Switch games

Did Gamestop hire the marketing guys who did GameRush for Blockbuster to come up with their new deals? This feels a lot like all their hugely exploitable trade-in deals back in the early 2000s... for the few of you who remember that

Nice. I wasn't banned. I traded in my last two games. I turned $159 into $533. Thanks GS for the deals.

GameStop in Penfield, NY (Near Rochester) is closing it's store. There was an amazing sale and plenty of items.

I got a First4Figures Metal Gear Solid Snake Stealth Camouflage Statue for $29.99.

It's a must see for anyone in that area.

I got
Axiom Verge
Salt and Sanctuary
Darkest Dungeon
Mercenaries Saga Chronicles

Pretty happy. Gonna keep them all. Didn’t feel like doing any flips

I bought the Pro membership in November. Is the 10% off used stuff end with 2019? Will we get the $5 monthly coupons on day 1 each month? Thanks for any help!

10 out of 12 of my games shipped. Waiting on DQ and NSMB for switch. Both are awaiting product availability.

Did manage to score the following by calling all the stores in my area and swapping out what I wanted.

Luigi's Mansion 3
DQ Builders 2 (for wifey)
Astral Chain
Pokemon Shield (wanted sword but can live with what I found)

Hmmm...so I got my first two games in the mail today. It looks as if they invoiced the games separately even though it's the same order. It was a copy of Mario Party and Splatoon 2. Its the only two games shipped out thus far for this order, the other 2 are all awaiting inventory. The Mario Party is apparently one of the free games in this order, the invoice just says Super Mario Party with a price of $0.00. Splatoon 2 in a separate invoice and says $49.99. So it looks like each individual game shipped out will have its own invoice and price. So then I'm assuming if you received a partial order with a game that's charged $49.99. The invoice will say so and so and so game $49.99. You can just return it without affecting the other games in the order???

A more than 3X profit now that's something. Mind if I ask what you did?
Flip the high value switch games. It was mostly getting the $30 base TIV games and $25 Base TIV games when I couldn't find any.

Does anyone know what to do when you’ve been banned for months?

My friend got banned in august but 5 months later they still say she’s over the trade limit.

She called customer service today and they said her account looked good and there was no indication of a ban. Went back to the store today and same thing, exceeded limit, call CS.

Anybody have any info on dealing with this situation?

Weird...I got multiple emails saying “Sorry we missed you!” With my correct order numbers but with a bunch of different games I did not order at all. Some examples are Paper Mario and Thousand Year Door, Modern Warfare, and Sekiro. I did not order any of these games, and only one package that I actually missed included the right games in another email. We’ll see how this all unfolds in the next couple days.

Hmmm...so I got my first two games in the mail today. It looks as if they invoiced the games separately even though it's the same order. It was a copy of Mario Party and Splatoon 2. Its the only two games shipped out thus far for this order, the other 2 are all awaiting inventory. The Mario Party is apparently one of the free games in this order, the invoice just says Super Mario Party with a price of $0.00. Splatoon 2 in a separate invoice and says $49.99. So it looks like each individual game shipped out will have its own invoice and price. So then I'm assuming if you received a partial order with a game that's charged $49.99. The invoice will say so and so and so game $49.99. You can just return it without affecting the other games in the order???
Ethically questionable, but you can return those games with an invoice value for that said value. I did it during the b1g1 on older games because some of them didn’t work and I received a refund higher than what I paid for certain games and they didn’t say anything about the games with an invoice of $0.

My whole order I placed on Christmas Eve (Splatoon 2, Super Mario Party, Yoshi's Crafted World, and Xenoblade Chronicles 2) shipped on the 26th from Fort Worth with an estimated arrival date of January 3rd (to Vegas). My second order, which I placed like 4am PST Christmas morning (Mario Maker 2, The Witcher 3, Arms, and Mario Tennis Aces), has slowly started shipping individually. Arms and Mario Maker 2 have both shipped yesterday and today with estimated delivery of December 31st. No idea why my first order is going to take so long to get here when it departed from Fort Worth on the 26th.

Oh well. Still hopeful they all come with cases.

What games are providing $120 to $140 in cash for every four AND in plentiful supply? I ask because the Switch sections at the two stores I swapped mine between was downright pitiful. Best find I had was Super Mario Odyssey and even that would've been sheer dumb luck to find if all other customers did was come in and look at the cases on the wall without asking.

What games are providing $120 to $140 in cash for every four AND in plentiful supply? I ask because the Switch sections at the two stores I swapped mine between was downright pitiful. Best find I had was Super Mario Odyssey and even that would've been sheer dumb luck to find if all other customers did was come in and look at the cases on the wall without asking.
Crazy guy is back

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back