2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
So for the B2G2 I figured I'd buy Gamecube games that I had extra cases for already since they usually send loose discs. So of course what did I get? Cases. One Star Fox Assault had generic case but original artwork. Same with one Paper Mario. The other Paper Mario had original case and artwork, as did the copy of Animal Crossing. And Super Smash was a mint complete copy. Plan backfired, but I'm not complaining. :)

So for the B2G2 I figured I'd buy Gamecube games that I had extra cases for already since they usually send loose discs. So of course what did I get? Cases. One Star Fox Assault had generic case but original artwork. Same with one Paper Mario. The other Paper Mario had original case and artwork, as did the copy of Animal Crossing. And Super Smash was a mint complete copy. Plan backfired, but I'm not complaining. :)
Lucky. I bought MKDD!! and just got the yellow sleeve. I have no cover or manual for the game so now I am on the lookout for one somewhere.

With the CSAC credit promo do you still receive the 20% extra credit from Elite Pro when receiving cash or is that only when you are receiving credit?
I've been seeing a difference between cash/trade. I've been assuming it's due to not getting the extra 10% from my Elite Pro status, but I never looked closely enough to know if that's true. I've just been taking credit due to the difference.

I found an interesting glitch during the sale. I just had 4/10 and 4/20 games on my list. After I added about 40 dollars in games any game under $2.00 would use the B2G2 promo. So I scored 13 free ps2 games that probably wont come with cases. Anybody else notice this?
Damn; that would have been nice to get in on. But it would have drastically increased the chances of getting your order canceled if too many people did.

Lucky. I bought MKDD!! and just got the yellow sleeve. I have no cover or manual for the game so now I am on the lookout for one somewhere.
Yeah I also bought 2 MKDD and didn't get anything but a sleeve with them. I've got a few extra cases for that though if you're interested, PM me.

GAME OVER 2020

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
7eb85a53320aa11a9c8dcad3bf75743a.jpg

I could use a Star Fox Assault case. 0 for 2 on that one from GameStop. Maybe we could swap?

Is this in store only? Doesnt seem to work on the site.
My store had this too. It mind take a while for the store to update.....or not. Check it again in a couple of hrs.

GAME OVER 2020

I was wondering why I haven't received the $5 yet. Guess I can wait for it. Most likely will use on clearance, funko pop or cheap toy that is over $5 by a bit.

Gamestop in Penfield, NY is closing and is having an awesome clearance sale!

I got a Bloodbourne Icons statue for $25 and a Megaman X buster for $35. Still plenty of treasure left. If you're in the Rochester area check it out!

Received the last of my Christmas B2G2 today. Out of 3 orders, it was the first order I placed, but the last to arrive. It “included” 3 games (1 of the B2G2 games shipped separately). I was already suspicious because it was the first thing that shipped out of any of my orders (Morning of Dec 27) yet it remained “Waiting for USPS pick-up” until Dec 31.

Today it arrived in a tiny bubble mailer that wouldn’t fit 1 PS4 Game, with a weight of 0.7 lbs total. It was intended to included Bloodstained for Switch, Civilization VI for Switch, and Ghost Recon Breakpoint for PS4. The two Switch games were there, albeit jammed in the mailer, and Bloodstained was a generic case with no art. GR:Breakpoint was nowhere to be seen, which makes sense because even the disc in a sleeve wouldn’t have fit in the bubble mailer used. What nonsense.

The packing slip included all 3 games but showed Bloodstained and Breakpoint as my free games. Maybe the packer saw it as I only bought 1 game but got 2 free and got angry. Not sure -!l but dealing with gamestop customer service took roughly 25 minutes. They seemed to believe me with little explaining and told me a replacement was on the way. We will see.

Literally though, out of 12 games I ordered and 1 was magically gone. I can’t imagine ordering 100+ games. I’d be entirely too anxious.

I have 2 orders in the past month that were cancelled online using trade in credit. How do I get that credit back? is it through a gift card by mail or email or credit refunded back to the card with the credit on it?

One was on the 25th of December and the other on the 28th of November.

Got my 5 games from the Christmas sale today. One (CoD WWII) was an ugly black box while the other 4 were in great condition. In fact two of the games were brand new sealed games.

Got overcharged on a order according to the packing slips and tried to do a return. The slips add up to b3g1. JD called a manager AND their support line to make sure I wasn't scamming because the invoices had 2 different invoice numbers with the difference being an additional number on the end of one(12345 vs 123456). I understand he's just doing his job, but dude, that $15 of mine you're trying to keep isn't going into your pocket and the company doesn't really give a shit about you.

I even showed him the order on my phone through the app. Wasted my time when he could've just processed the return from the get go. I can't wait to be done with the company once I cash out my rewards points. JD even kept the invoices and said I wouldn't be getting them back. LOLZ ok

GAME OVER 2020

This is playing out like another bad EA multi tiered release schedule.

But, if I understand correctly,

-People with the old Pro / Elite accounts are speculated to be good until sometime around the Q4 Earnings call in March 2020.

-There will be overlap, where existing "old" Pro / Elite members get to double dip with their plan benefits plus the $5 monthly coupon (To get their feet wet?).

-Regardless of the actual "old" Pro / Elite expiration date, the hard cutoff will be swift, perhaps sometime in March 2020 (if not sooner, no promises).

-There is no word regarding any form of reimbursement for unused time. It may be lost, it may be transferable to the "new" Pro plan.

-The agreement between the member and GS indicates that GS can terminate any account without reason.

It's interesting that the coupons come out mid month. I guess that means there will be only 2 weeks to use them before they get removed from the system. Sucky if you want to use it on a game coming out early in the month, if this schedule holds for every month.

Seems like a mess. I guess I need to see their new used price structure.

The promotion events may still be advantageous, even without Elite, although margins will be slimmer, forcing the manipulation of larger quantities to achieve similar results. Promotions seem to occasionally coincide with each other, which may be interesting, especially during a +X% trade bonus week. /popcorn

Also, stopped by a GS to trade recently, and the pre-owned Switch shelves had a whopping 10 games on them, all with generic cases. Nothing good either :) I swear the associate licked their lips when they saw my trades, even though they were loose or with generic cases. I wouldn't be surprised if the +$5 Switch bonus returns.

My Christmas order "shipped" on the 27th but tracking hasn't updated. Is that normal? I still haven't received anything yet and I'm a little worried as I move on Sunday so need it before then.

The switch extra $5 promo didnt end yet, right? Just traded in an $8 base game and got $12.80 (extra 50% + pro PUR). Thought it should have been the greater amount (extra $5 instead of extra $4 for California).

Edit..maybe it did end..saw the signs in store but didnt see the dates..

Didnt argue but was just wondering.

[quote name="johnnymavrik" post="14252005" timestamp="1578008777"]
The switch extra $5 promo didnt end yet, right? Just traded in an $8 base game and got $12.80 (extra 50% + pro PUR). Thought it should have been the greater amount (extra $5 instead of extra $4 for California).

Fidnt argue but was just wondering.[/quote

Pretty sure the $5 switch bonus ended yesterday.

My Christmas order "shipped" on the 27th but tracking hasn't updated. Is that normal? I still haven't received anything yet and I'm a little worried as I move on Sunday so need it before then.
Had the same thing. My order just said shipped since the 28th but no update until like 20 minutes ago. Finally says that aUps is bringing it, but still no actual deliver date. I guess the packages were just sitting in the warehouse.
Hope you get your stuff on time.

All switch games are here today from the b2g2 that I was gonna trade in. The $5 trade isn't on anymore ended yesterday. Anyone know if Dragon Ball Z Kakarot is guaranteed to love?

One of my orders came in today, supposed to be 4 gamecube games, instead i get 2 genesis controllers, Sonic 2, Golden Axe, and sonic spinball instead, but my packing slip, with the actual items was in the box. Customer service acted like I may be lying, I told them to check the billed weight of the package at UPS. We will see how long this takes to get worked out. Oh well....least they are supposed to send me the correct games.

32r6VVR.jpg

Finalized haul. Got super lucky, but not as lucky as it looks there - Etrian IV, SMTIV:A, Gravity Rush, and Gamecube titles (!!!) all came with cases, and Star Fox + Animal Crossing came with Nintendo Selects cases, too - but all other cases represented there were ones I'd picked up before or immediately after receipt. And, as usual: no manuals for gamecube. Not too shook about it, though; 's something like my third goaround trying for those specific cases from them :D

Not without its headaches - dudes sent me two copies of PSMD, instead of one + one of the DS entries I ordered - but the finalized price is wellll under three digits after getting in ground floor on CAG16 and a handful of returns (that second PSMD, some nasty ps2+3 discs).

Can't beat dat. Plastic addiction fed for another year.

Had the same thing. My order just said shipped since the 28th but no update until like 20 minutes ago. Finally says that aUps is bringing it, but still no actual deliver date. I guess the packages were just sitting in the warehouse.
Hope you get your stuff on time.
Sadly, I keep checking and still no update on mine.

All switch games are here today from the b2g2 that I was gonna trade in. The $5 trade isn't on anymore ended yesterday. Anyone know if Dragon Ball Z Kakarot is guaranteed to love?
Pretty sure I saw in store on Tuesday where it was advertised as Guaranteed to Love, but I would ask before I traded towards it.

Got my biggest haul from Christmas, 17 games with 6 in the black case and 2 in a clear case with Gamestop artwork. I got lucky and of the games I'm gonna keep, all but 1 was the actual case with artwork so I'll try and go to my favorite store where they know me and try and get a swap. Got Link's Awakening coming Monday, but still awaiting Mario Kart 8, New Super Mario Brothers Deluxe and Witcher 3 to be in stock and I'll have all of my games. Anyone know how many returns you can do in a time period and not get hit with a ban? Some of the games that I was going to trade in came solo with an invoice, so I might try and return a couple of them.

Pretty sure I saw in store on Tuesday where it was advertised as Guaranteed to Love, but I would ask before I traded towards it.
I think it's the only bonus currently available. +20% bonus for games traded. Min $5, but you can always transfer the pre-order to the other system later for another +20%.

When the game finally comes out, assuming you don't want it, you can transfer the pre-order money again to a game you actually want, before you buy it.

You'll get dirty looks though if you flat out cancel a pre-order. Better to transfer it to another game (which doesn't hurt the associates metrics).

G2L would just be the cherry on top, but still delicious either way. And the +$5 Switch bonus is hosed for now anyways.

32r6VVR.jpg

Finalized haul. Got super lucky, but not as lucky as it looks there - Etrian IV, SMTIV:A, Gravity Rush, and Gamecube titles (!!!) all came with cases, and Star Fox + Animal Crossing came with Nintendo Selects cases, too - but all others represented there were ones I'd picked up before or immediately after receipt. And, as usual: no manuals for gamecube. Not too shook about it, though; 's something like my third goaround trying for cases for those from them :D

Not without its headaches - dudes sent me two copies of the PMD, instead of one + one of the DS entries I ordered - but the finalized price is wellll under three digits after getting in ground floor on CAG16 and a handful of returns (that second PMD, some nasty ps2+3 discs).

Can't beat dat. Plastic addiction fed for another year.
Hats off to the kind individual who corrected the Persona Q end label, so now you will always know what game is actually inside. They single handedly saved anyone else from the confusion, like a modern super-hero.

I have 2 orders in the past month that were cancelled online using trade in credit. How do I get that credit back? is it through a gift card by mail or email or credit refunded back to the card with the credit on it?

One was on the 25th of December and the other on the 28th of November.
Did you ever get your money back? I’m in the same situation. My online order was cancelled two days ago and did not see the funds return back to my trade card.

Did you ever get your money back? I’m in the same situation. My online order was cancelled two days ago and did not see the funds return back to my trade card.
it's been a week since my christmas order was cancelled. Been checking everyday and still no funds returned. The previous order was for a price mistake gaming chair. Unfortunately i never bothered to check my credit balance before i purchased that chair because I have no clue if they refunded my trade in credit for that order back in November. Customer service says 1-3 business days. In store says 3-5 business days.

4/10 and 4/20 not live in stores, not sure where the other info came from.
I was under the impression the sale ended yesterday. Picked up one final round of cheap games.

Also, count me among the club of those who've received fake Pokemon games from GameStop online. One so far (Pokemon Pearl). I have four more ordered and have my fingers crossed that they are legit. What's funny is that I ordered the game just before 1am (12am central) Monday morning and it and another Pokemon game arrived Tuesday afternoon. I took Pokemon Pearl and exchanged it without issue at a GameStop which is where I got my final round of games from.

One of my orders came in today, supposed to be 4 gamecube games, instead i get 2 genesis controllers, Sonic 2, Golden Axe, and sonic spinball instead, but my packing slip, with the actual items was in the box. Customer service acted like I may be lying, I told them to check the billed weight of the package at UPS. We will see how long this takes to get worked out. Oh well....least they are supposed to send me the correct games.
How did they accuse you?

Received part of my b2g2 order. Yoshi and xenoblade came in generic boxes, however I ordered xenoblade 2 torna and got xenoblade 2 instead. I can live with that.

Received part of my b2g2 order. Yoshi and xenoblade came in generic boxes, however I ordered xenoblade 2 torna and got xenoblade 2 instead. I can live with that.
It's a burden we must live with. Hold true to yourself.

[I applaud you for revealing positive mistakes. Most people only blog when something isn't in their favor.. "GS ripped me off", "GS shorted me!", "GS (fill the void)", etc.]

It really balances itself out. Mistakes are made, sometimes to a customers benefit, sometimes not. Complaints generally originate when something isn't in a customers best interest. It gets remedied to fix problems .. and someones frown was someone elses *huge* smile !! How priceless is that?

I received 3 out of my 4 games from the buy 2 get 2 for free sale. 2 separate receipts; 1 receipt showed a dollar value and one did not.

Anyone know if I can exchange one of the games that had 0 dollar value on the receipt? The case it came in is trashed.

Also, can I get my money back on the one that showed dollar value, without losing out on the promo? How would they know it was part of the promo?

You know, I've been eyeing that Bayonetta 2 with Bayonetta 1 on Switch for a while, but now I'm thinking I should just use my Pro Membership and a preowned certificate and get it Used since Bayonetta 1 is coming out in 4K on the One next month.
Pretty sure the 1st one is a download code. So unless you're buying it new, it's not worth taking a gamble on it.

it's been a week since my christmas order was cancelled. Been checking everyday and still no funds returned. The previous order was for a price mistake gaming chair. Unfortunately i never bothered to check my credit balance before i purchased that chair because I have no clue if they refunded my trade in credit for that order back in November. Customer service says 1-3 business days. In store says 3-5 business days.
The gift card balance page on gamestop's website shows all purchase history on a trade credit card.

My first 2 packages are supposed to arrive tomorrow. One is just supposed to have 4 GameBoy games in it yet the shipping weight is 6.8 lbs? How on earth is that possible?  :shock:

question.. my transaction was declined using Amex and $5 GS giftcard.

its been 2 days and my gifcard still shows $0 amount with the message  "PIN Verified Pre-Authorization Debit"

the only way to get it back is to contact customer service?

thanks in advance

question.. my transaction was declined using Amex and $5 GS giftcard.

its been 2 days and my gifcard still shows $0 amount with the message "PIN Verified Pre-Authorization Debit"

the only way to get it back is to contact customer service?

thanks in advance
ive had a few problems through the years with orders not going through/declined, etc etc, and I always wait the standard 7-10 days for the authorization to drop and never get anything back, then I email their support, explain the situation, and they never reply but the authorization drops off. are they doing it? am i just not waiting long enough? i dont know, but i know i have never once got the money back without sending that email. i always wonder if next time if i send the email earlier if ill get the money back quicker though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back