2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the input. Yea I'll just play it safe and wait until Sunday.
You're actually already in the clear as 30 days have already passed. Nothing wrong with playing it safe though.

I traded on 11/30 hit the limit for the month in 12/15 and then traded more on 12/30. Went in to trade today, still not banned.

Went to go trade in some games today and found out I was trade banned. Made a pro account last week. I traded the same game twice but at different stores. Traded two quantum breaks, two Bloodbornes,  and two nba 2k18.  The lady on the phone said I was banned for 90 days. But I don’t understand why. I told her that normally 4  or more of the same copy gets you trade banned. She tried to tell me that because I traded 6 games and each two were the same that it counted as 4 of the same. I don’t know if this is something new or what. I asked to speak with the manager and she said he wasn’t available and to call back in an hour. 

I have $5 already on Dragon Ball. If I trade and put more towards the preorder, will that trigger the 20% extra credit, or does it have to be a new preorder?
Yes, you could put $0.01 of your next trade toward the existing preorder and the bonus would trigger on the whole transaction. (this is how the system would work - ymmv on what an employee would allow)

Dragonball Kakarot is a guaranteed to love game, so trade towards it and get the bonus even if you don't have any plans on playing it as you can just trade it right back in and get your $60 back in credit

I also had some of my free games cancelled.  Charged for some games days ago, now the free ones are lost forever.  I think I really may be done with Gamestop now. 

Just recieved cancellation emails on the awaiting availability games.

Now how do I tell if they were the free ones?
I looked at my credit card statement and Gamestop order details email. Had 3 games still not shipped in my order, but had a charge of $37.xx days ago. (PUR Pro + CAG16 on a $54.99 game). Paid for one, lost the others. Thanks GS!

Went to go trade in some games today and found out I was trade banned. Made a pro account last week. I traded the same game twice but at different stores. Traded two quantum breaks, two Bloodbornes, and two nba 2k18. The lady on the phone said I was banned for 90 days. But I don’t understand why. I told her that normally 4 or more of the same copy gets you trade banned. She tried to tell me that because I traded 6 games and each two were the same that it counted as 4 of the same. I don’t know if this is something new or what. I asked to speak with the manager and she said he wasn’t available and to call back in an hour.
UPDATE....So it looks like if you trade the same game twice in a week that will get you trade banned. I don’t believe that but that’s what the lady told me over the phone.

I looked at my credit card statement and Gamestop order details email. Had 3 games still not shipped in my order, but had a charge of $37.xx days ago. (PUR Pro + CAG16 on a $54.99 game). Paid for one, lost the others. Thanks GS!
My 2 charged games were shipped and 1 of my 2 free games were shipped- just got my 1x free game canceled. The cancelled game is in stock at 8 of the 10 GSes within 15 miles of me.

And to add insult to injury, they still haven't shipped me my missing game form my BF order.

UPDATE....So it looks like if you trade the same game twice in a week that will get you trade banned. I don’t believe that but that’s what the lady told me over the phone.
That's not true at all. I traded in two of the same game earlier this week, though at different stores. Most likely you were flagged.

Although, I guess I did "get" Gamestop earlier this week.  One of my games (Jedi Fallen Order) was a Redbox disc that someone tried to get the sticker off, but destroyed the disc in the process.  I returned it using the packing slip it came with.

Packing slip said $34.xx, but after all discounts and free games averaging out, I actually paid like $18 or so.  They gave me the $34 cash.  This company is screwy lol.

Got emails saying my remaining 2 games (1 game from 2 dif orders) were cancelled...website still says awaiting product availability...

Pretty sure they were “paid” games so no sweat off my back lol...thanks for the free games GameStop...

I just got an e-mail saying that the two games that were still awaiting from an order on the 25th were cancelled due to `an unforseen inventory issue' and `you will not be charged.'  Well, that's just great, since those were the two free games that I ordered and I've already been charged for the other two. =(   I think that I've still got the packing slip from the original shipment; maybe I'll actually be able to return them, but what a cluster fuck.

Just received my cancellation as well. I received caseless Splatoon 2 and Yoshi's Crafted World and was only charged $2.79 total, so I snagged both of my free ones. 

Thanks GS. 

Now to see if I can score some swapped cases tomorrow. 

Got cancellation email for NSMB and DQ11. Had a nice chat with customer service saying they have no idea how I do be charged and the "back office" will have to call me back to explain in 3 to 5 days.

Only received 1 of the 4 that were on that order and the invoice shows I was charged full price for the one I received.

I've traded in the same set of 3 games 3 times in one day and not gotten trade banned (different gamestops) so don't think that is what did it for you?

Also for cancellation email for one order. I don't even know if the remaining games were the free ones or not, but since I used a trade credit card (considered a gift card online) how exactly would I get a refund back? My balance still shows $0 on that particular card, and the history only shows up to 25 transactions which only go back to 12-30-2019... 

My Link's Awakening is still holding strong in waiting product availability mode. Reading about these cancellations is not a good sign though. My Gamestop packing slip reads RDR2 as free and is charging me for the other 2 games which means LA would be my other free game. My CC has been charged $33.35 as of now. That was applied back on the 30th. So I've been charged that amount for RDR2, Blood and Truth and MKDD!!  If my LA gets canceled, that's still a great deal.

Does it usually take GS a while to update your order? Even though i got a cancel email my order is still showing partially open.  I will probably have to return the one game i got as i didn't get lucky with it being one of the free ones.  Only interesting thing is the receipt shows the game being more than what i was charged for.

Got my cancellation email for The Witcher 3. I'm sure their customer service is going to be bombarded with angry customers this weekend. May call tomorrow to complain.

Of course it was my free game. I'm really not happy about this.

In the future I will be sure to buy these games if see them in store even if I already took advantage of the promo online. My Yoshi crafted world, Damon x machina, and NSMBU deluxe got canceled. I saw Yoshi and NSMBU in-store but held off because I got the CAG16 discount to apply to my online orders. You live , you learn I suppose but I should have known better

I would be nice if they would honor these orders in store. Two of the games I ordered are currently showing pre owned stock near me. GameStop CS is a poop show but I may try and call to see if they can force the orders to come through for in store pickup

Just got 3 cancellation emails, for 4 games. NSMBD x2, Bloodstained (NS) & Medievil. Out of the 70+ games, I ordered & got I'm not even mad. Orders we're placed on Xmas.

Are the games actually showing canceled on the website? I received four cancellation emails, but everything on the website still shows waiting for availability.

I'd even be happy if they refunded me a fourth of what I paid since one of the four games in my promised promotion was cancelled. And I ordered on Christmas, so I figured I was safe not going to a store to try and find some of these.

Just got 3 cancellation emails, for 4 games. NSMBD x2, Bloodstained (NS) & Medievil. Out of the 70+ games, I ordered & got I'm not even mad. Orders we're placed on Xmas.
I got Witcher and Luigis mansion for switch. Those were my most desired titles and thankfully I got those but if a company allows you to place an order, they should honor that. These cancellations are BS , thankfully the games I had cancelled were not my free games from the order. I don't think they charged my card until the orders shipped so hopefully my free game stays free

Are the games actually showing canceled on the website? I received four cancellation emails, but everything on the website still shows waiting for availability.
Same here. However, I ordered 4 games, and only got 1 cancellation email. With that said, I've had orders cancelled in the past, and the website -still- shows "In Progress" or "Waiting for Availability"

On a side note, this is complete BS. Given that Gamestop's used selection fluctuates, they should have at least offered the option of approving a delay instead of outright cancellation.

I stopped into GameStop s
Today and they had a sign up for 4 for $10 preowned games $9.99 and less and 4/$20 on $14.99 and less. I didn't buy anything but the sign looked new

I also got a cancellation email on my 2 free games - Link's Awakening and Mario Maker 2. The website still says waiting availability. I already returned my other games that I was charged for and made my money back, so no love lost.

I got 2 email cancellations for 4 games... problem is that I paid via Gift Card.  Does anyone know how this is going to work?  Are they going to ship me out a gift card?  I am looking at the gift card transaction history and nothing really adds up to any order totals that I had place.

First 2 orders came in today. Everything was cart only (to be expected for retro games) but otherwise in good condition. I am getting a bunch of cancellation emails too for later orders. However, there potentially is one order where 2 copies of Splatoon shipped for $6 and the other 2 (I paid for) were cancelled. So realistically, if any other *free* games are cancelled it will be a wash.

Just got an email that two of my four games canceled. It said I was charged for the two I got, but not the two which haven't arrived. I got my most wanted and my least wanted aka the 4th which was filler, and two close top picks canceled... Sad!

Received
Red Dead Redemption 2
Ace Combat 7

Did not receive
Control
The Outer Worlds

They should either honor the purchases as they get the stock, or not sell the stock they literally don't have!! How bad is your inventory that you can't account for your own sales?

I'm mad haha.

Count me in for a cancellation e-mail. I only did one order of 4 games as well :( I paid with a gift card. I received two of the games, but my two free games (Mario Maker 2 and Link's Awakening) were awaiting availability. Great, time to deal with customer service :\

Like others have mentioned, both games I'm waiting on are in stock (multiple copies) at every gamestop around me. I wonder if they went through all the orders that used CAG16 or something, although unlikely.

Count me in for a cancellation e-mail. I only did one order of 4 games as well :( I paid with a gift card. I received two of the games, but my two free games (Mario Maker 2 and Link's Awakening) were awaiting availability. Great, time to deal with customer service :\

Like others have mentioned, both games I'm waiting on are in stock (multiple copies) at every gamestop around me. I wonder if they went through all the orders that used CAG16 or something.
I got shipping email for Link's Awakening and 2 luigi's mansion and I used cag16 and paid with trade credit

Like others have mentioned, both games I'm waiting on are in stock (multiple copies) at every gamestop around me. I wonder if they went through all the orders that used CAG16 or something.
Well, I used CAG16 code and the only game that is still awaiting availability is LA. RDR 2 is listed at $0.00 on my packing slip so I don't think your theory holds much weight. It might be first come first serve or it might simply all be random. I lean towards the latter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back