2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you sure? This sounds too good to be true. On $9.99 games, that essentially means buy one get three free..
They've been doing that deal on and off for years. So, no, it's not too good to be true. But good luck finding four decent games that you don't already own for those prices. Not bad for last-gen pick ups though.

Dumb question time: if I trade in games at one location towards that DBZ game I have no intention of picking up, can I cancel/move the reserve amount toward another title later on with no issues? I’m shopping out of town today, and plan on jumping on the bumped values while they still hold. I can make the reserve switch at my home store later on, but just paranoid about values dropping randomly. And $5 deposit is good enough to trigger the 20%, right?

This whole debacle pretty much guarantees that B2G2 will never be offered again, or at least not for a long time...reminds me of when GS oversold the KH3 PS4 Pro console last year.

What prices were listed on people's packing slip for the one's who got charged? Both of my packing slips say $43.99 for each game and no mention of 4 games in my packing slip order (shipped only 2 games, each individually with $43.99 on each packing slip). I was charged ~$76 but my original order was suppose to be $80 with tax for 4 games. I returned my 2 games and got ~$95 (all from a gift card).

Count me as one of those getting screwed. Basically charged me for 2 games from the b2g2, got those shipped to me (sekiro, death stranding) but cancelled my 2 free games (outer worlds and control)

I’m totally expecting.....well nothing. Let’s see how this turns out. Im pretty mad though
Opened a dispute with American Express. We’ll see how that goes...

Is it an overstatement to say that it’s tantamount to fraud?
Sure feels that way. A competent company would send out a directive to all CS reps after enough people complained to 1.) Get everyone on the same page and 2.) Offer some kind of solution to alleviate the problem.

Offer to keep orders open for as long as it takes? Offer to refund a fourth of the order paymenr for the fourth of the order I didn't receive? Something. But it's going to be a zoo with no two reps telling you the same thing today.

Just curious, what is the route everyone who's had a free game not ship taking? I mean, if neither of your free games shipped, I'd for sure return the two paid games. But if you had 1 of your 2 free games ship, are you guys still returning the stuff you received or just saying screw it? 

From my order, the 3 games I received were all complete and look almost new... like someone opened them, played them 10 minutes and traded them in which has been unlike everything else I've received (I think I ordered around 30 games this year, and only 4 were complete and 2 of those 4 complete ones were water damaged). 

Just curious, what is the route everyone who's had a free game not ship taking? I mean, if neither of your free games shipped, I'd for sure return the two paid games. But if you had 1 of your 2 free games ship, are you guys still returning the stuff you received or just saying screw it?

From my order, the 3 games I received were all complete and look almost new... like someone opened them, played them 10 minutes and traded them in which has been unlike everything else I've received (I think I ordered around 30 games this year, and only 4 were complete and 2 of those 4 complete ones were water damaged).
I'm going to call customer service today, ensure my free fourth game is really cancelled, and go from there. It sucks because I got three games with cases that I wanted. But I feel really burned that an order I placed before most people were even up on Christmas wasn't completely fulfilled. And they wait until well after the sale is over to cancel it without any real alternative.

I'm going to call customer service today, ensure my free fourth game is really cancelled, and go from there. It sucks because I got three games with cases that I wanted. But I feel really burned that an order I placed before most people were even up on Christmas wasn't completely fulfilled. And they wait until well after the sale is over to cancel it without any real alternative.
Let us know what CS tells you today...

Dumb question time: if I trade in games at one location towards that DBZ game I have no intention of picking up, can I cancel/move the reserve amount toward another title later on with no issues? I’m shopping out of town today, and plan on jumping on the bumped values while they still hold. I can make the reserve switch at my home store later on, but just paranoid about values dropping randomly. And $5 deposit is good enough to trigger the 20%, right?
$5 is enough to trigger the bonus. What I would do is pay the preorder off completely, pick up the game when it releases and trade it back in with the Guaranteed to Love promo. That way, I get the preorder bonus (Goku figpin) and points for buying and trading it in. Only thing you lose is tax.

That is if you are going to pick up the game at the store you pre-ordered at.

Why open a dispute? You can return what you received and get your money back.
Convenience, mostly. A dispute I can fill out in 30 seconds on my phone. A return means I gotta get in the car, actually go to a Gamestop (which I hate doing), wait in line, try to explain what happened to a non-caring high school kid behind the counter without a packing slip (cuz they didn’t send me one), all while the kids are pestering me for an LOL blind bag. And then if I’m lucky enough that the employee even comprehends what happened and I successfully return an incomplete order I then get upsold on preorders or whatever.

Easier to just let AmEx deal with it. That’s what I’m paying them for...

On the phone with GS now. I had received half my order (the two paid games, of course), was already charged, and then received an order cancellation email yesterday. Online though, my order still shows as active. My first question was whether my order was actually cancelled, and the rep says it is still active and to disregard the cancellation email. Waiting for a manager now to see if they can just turn this deal into a B1G1 with the games I already received and issue a 50% refund.

-Update-

Rep talked to her supervisor. They would have to file with some team to see if they could do a partial refund. Since I'm running out of the return window, I told her I would just return the games that I got to a store. She agreed that would be much faster.

What a train wreck this "B2G2" was. Congrats to those who didn't have to deal with the aftermath.

On the phone with GS now. I had received half my order (the two paid games, of course), was already charged, and then received an order cancellation email yesterday. Online though, my order still shows as active. My first question was whether my order was actually cancelled, and the rep says it is still active and to disregard the cancellation email. Waiting for a manager now to see if they can just turn this deal into a B1G1 with the games I already received and issue a 50% refund.

-Update-

Rep talked to her supervisor. They would have to file with some team to see if they could do a partial refund. Since I'm running out of the return window, I told her I would just return the games that I got to a store. She agreed that would be much faster.

What a train wreck this "B2G2" was. Congrats to those who didn't have to deal with the aftermath.
Idk what to believe with cancelled vs non-cancelled. Could be CS blowing smoke on their end. If its still active then why send out mass cancellation emails?

try to explain what happened to a non-caring high school kid behind the counter without a packing slip (cuz they didn’t send me one)
Try tearing off the front label of the bubble mailer/box they sent you. Dude a ways back in the thread gave that out and, whaddaya know, turned out to be right for that rare 1/10 order that doesn't have the slip in the package itself.

In my case, the gamestop receipt part was on the same page as the postal service info; was just folded over.

Try tearing off the front label of the bubble mailer/box they sent you. Dude a ways back in the thread gave that out and, whaddaya know, turned out to be right for that rare 1/10 order that doesn't have the slip in the package itself.

In my case, the gamestop receipt part was on the same page as the postal service info; was just folded over.
Oh huh. Good tip! Thank ya!

I'm a new "pro" member. Looks like I can trade most Mario Switch games in for $33 + 30% bonus toward DBZ ($42.90 total). Seems pretty good and better than the +$5 promo from last week.

I'm a new "pro" member. Looks like I can trade most Mario Switch games in for $33 + 30% bonus toward DBZ ($42.90 total). Seems pretty good and better than the +$5 promo from last week.
The base is $30, so it'd be 30% (20 trade-in and 10 pro) on top of that for a total of $39

I did this with an order I got yesterday, and the receipt was part of the shipping label. Definitely check that if there’s no packing slip.

No problem returning the two games in store. I had the packing slip, but the clerk also needed to see the confirmation email to verify the payment method (since the slip only includes prices, not the method of payment) and the credit card to swipe for the refund.

The clerk asked why I was returning them, and after I explained the situation, she said something like "I can't believe they would do that." I could believe it though since I've shopped at GS before ^^;

I did this with an order I got yesterday, and the receipt was part of the shipping label. Definitely check that if there’s no packing slip.
Yes I noticed shipments come in three flavors - sticker invoice, paper invoice, and shipping label + invoice combination.

Oh yea you're right. That could be it.
Feel like those small charges are more likely tax and not shipping (assuming edge threshold was met).

I’m also on a holding pattern waiting to hear back thru email about products awaiting availability or erroneous cancellation emails (guess they don’t work on the weekend) so not sweating whatever resolution ends up happening - this sale was amazing!

I am still debating going past the $500/30 days with the bumped
Up trade values of switch games... it’s around Roth IRA injection time!

Seems like you can only check the balance on two gift cards, on gamestop's website, before it errors out. Any way to circumvent this (besides trying the mobile site)?

Got a cancellation email for an order. Checked it on GS and it was for a NSMBUD. No refund issued, they must've thought it was considered one of the free games. At least I got my other 31 switch games. Not going to pursue as an issue, not sure what the resolution would be.

So I see one of my 4 games has shipped and I should receive it on Monday but I got a cancellation email say saying I won't be charged. I'm fine with them sending me a free game but I doubt it'll shake out like that. I paid with trade credit. How much of a headache am I in for?

So I see one of my 4 games has shipped and I should receive it on Monday but I got a cancellation email say saying I won't be charged. I'm fine with them sending me a free game but I doubt it'll shake out like that. I paid with trade credit. How much of a headache am I in for?
Get a bottle of aspirin ready.

Convenience, mostly. A dispute I can fill out in 30 seconds on my phone. A return means I gotta get in the car, actually go to a Gamestop (which I hate doing), wait in line, try to explain what happened to a non-caring high school kid behind the counter without a packing slip (cuz they didn’t send me one), all while the kids are pestering me for an LOL blind bag. And then if I’m lucky enough that the employee even comprehends what happened and I successfully return an incomplete order I then get upsold on preorders or whatever.

Easier to just let AmEx deal with it. That’s what I’m paying them for...
Credit card disputes are supposed to be done as a last resort, after trying to work out your issue with the retailer (referring of course to purchases you actually make and not straight fraudulent purchases done by a scumbag against your card).

Most retailers will ban you from doing business with them after you make a cc dispute, which you may or may not care about in Gamestop's case.

-Update-

I really don't get why they didn't have employees pull games from the shelves first before opening the stores. Had I known, I would have just gone in store and bought the games vs ordering online.

Credit card disputes are supposed to be done as a last resort, after trying to work out your issue with the retailer (referring of course to purchases you actually make and not straight fraudulent purchases done by a scumbag against your card).

Most retailers will ban you from doing business with them after you make a cc dispute, which you may or may not care about in Gamestop's case.
This is what I was going to say- a CC dispute is last resort, convenience or not. At the same, speaking from experience, it's not like GS any type of CS.

I really don't get why they didn't have employees pull games from the shelves first before opening the stores. Had I known, I would have just gone in store and bought the games vs ordering online.

This is what I was going to say- a CC dispute is last resort, convenience or not. At the same, speaking from experience, it's not like GS any type of CS.
We’ll see... I sent GS customer service an email asking for a refund on the cancelled item. I don’t expect to hear back ever, frankly. Figure a dispute with with AmEx was a fait accompli, really... if I hear back from GameStop, great. If not, at least the dispute is already in the works.

Shout out to the gentleman at the GameStop in Eastpointe, MI, asking customers what game they want and paying for it. I declined as others are more worthy but thanked him.

Can I not put additional money on a preorder at a store different from where the preorder is held? I don’t do preorders often, but I wasn’t able to add to the Dragon Ball preorder.

Can I not put additional money on a preorder at a store different from where the preorder is held? I don’t do preorders often, but I wasn’t able to add to the Dragon Ball preorder.
Preorders are tied to that specific store. Have you considered moving some money away from your preorder so that you can then place the trade towards it to get to the full amount

Heard from a gamestop employee today that preowned game discounts are stopping for elite and pro members 1/16. Not sure if that exact date has been mentioned on here but thought I would share.

Well looks like I'm going to get banned. Sitting at $1476 (12/7 - today), and gonna trade probably $800+ tomorrow or Sunday.
Me too, I made a killing in December, I got another $800+ ready to go right now. I'm sure I will be banned with this trade. Is the trade limit tied to my power up account or is it based on ID? I would love to get my last ounce out of elite before it gets removed.

FYI for CAG'ers living in eastern MA: The Gamestops at the Brockton Westgate Mall, Bridgewater, & Taunton locations are closing down. I can't speak for the other two locations, but the Westgate Mall Gamestop currently has new/used video games and accessories marked down to 40-50% off. Clothing and collectible merch is 60-80% off. The Nintendo stuff was mostly picked clean, but there was still a surprising amount of games, etc left for XB1 & PS4.

They've been doing that deal on and off for years. So, no, it's not too good to be true. But good luck finding four decent games that you don't already own for those prices. Not bad for last-gen pick ups though.
It was to good to he true. The original post said 4/$10 on $9.99 games and 4/$20 on $14.99 games which is why he said it.

I think I got off easy.  2 of my B2G2 games shipped and happened to be 1 paid, 1 free on same receipt.  Rest is supposed to be cancelled, but still shows in my order as awaiting inventory.  But if it stands, end up with B1G1.

Heard from a gamestop employee today that preowned game discounts are stopping for elite and pro members 1/16. Not sure if that exact date has been mentioned on here but thought I would share.
Did they said if the trade in bonus was going away as well? :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back