2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't check when I went to the store closings in my area but do PUR Pro and PUR Elite Pro discounts stack with store closing used prices?
YMMV, but the store closing in my area I visited had a handwritten sign that stated PUR discounts and gift cards aren't accepted at the store.

I finally got the "cancelled order" email from Gamestop.  I am on the bad side of things (received 3 of 4 games - cancelled game was "free"). I did respond by email (I know...chances of hearing back are probably slim).  Here's what I said:

Hello.

Thank you for the email.

I purchased four games through the "Buy Two, Get Two Free" deal that you had.  The game that you cancelled was listed on my invoice as "free".  Therefore you are charging me the full price for 3 games when I am supposed to get four.

Although you state that I will not be charged, I have been FULLY CHARGED for the purchase.  This is not acceptable.  

Please fix this problem,  as advertising B2G2 and then delivering B2G1 at the same price is not okay.

Thank you very much for looking further into this problem.

​Overall I am still WAY ahead on this deal but that does not mean I will simply roll over.  Imagine how many people ordered games, fell into the same boat as me, and don't even realize they haven't got any money back.  My purchase was on trade credit.

I finally got the "cancelled order" email from Gamestop. I am on the bad side of things (received 3 of 4 games - cancelled game was "free"). I did respond by email (I know...chances of hearing back are probably slim). Here's what I said:

Hello.

Thank you for the email.

I purchased four games through the "Buy Two, Get Two Free" deal that you had. The game that you cancelled was listed on my invoice as "free". Therefore you are charging me the full price for 3 games when I am supposed to get four.

Although you state that I will not be charged, I have been FULLY CHARGED for the purchase. This is not acceptable.

Please fix this problem, as advertising B2G2 and then delivering B2G1 at the same price is not okay.

Thank you very much for looking further into this problem.

​Overall I am still WAY ahead on this deal but that does not mean I will simply roll over. Imagine how many people ordered games, fell into the same boat as me, and don't even realize they haven't got any money back. My purchase was on trade credit.
update us next month when u received the reply.

One of my B2G2 orders had the label created December 27. On my Order Details page, the status is "Shipped" but tracking only shows the label as being printed. "Next Day Air Saver" was the shipping option used apparently. ...
I had the same problem for an order I made last weekend. Marked shipped but UPS tracking stayed at "Label Created" all week long so I thought it was lost/stolen. It finally updated Friday night with "accepted".

I sent an email about b2g2 canceled order, and I was told that it was an error and to disregard it. It's in writing!

Edit: here is the full text:
"Hello,
I apologize for the inconvenience.

This was an automated message sent by error to users with orders waiting for availability, but the order was not canceled and you can ignore the message.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of any further help.

Regards,
Diego R. C106268
GameStop Guest Care."

Seriously? Why did it go out in the first place then? I'm hoping this is one of those instances where CS knows what they're talking about and it's not a YMMV experience for everyone.

It’s just odd that some of these “awaiting availability “ games seem plentiful in stores but aren’t shipping out..,the only one I haven’t seen this weekend used is Luigi’s Mansion 3.

It’s just odd that some of these “awaiting availability “ games seem plentiful in stores but aren’t shipping out..,the only one I haven’t seen this weekend used is Luigi’s Mansion 3.
Yeah, my Link's Awakening hasn't budged from the awaiting status yet 3 local stores I've called have it in stock. No sure what the warehouse is doing.

For those wondering why you see preowned stock in stores but still have a B2G2 on backorder... this was the reasoning I got when I initially asked about backorder availability - before the erroneous (?) cancellations:

Items that are backordered, are awaiting availability from our warehouses, we do not use stock from stores as stores need their stock for local sales.

I sent an email about b2g2 canceled order, and I was told that it was an error and to disregard it. It's in writing!
Edit: here is the full text:
"Hello,
I apologize for the inconvenience.
This was an automated message sent by error to users with orders waiting for availability, but the order was not canceled and you can ignore the message.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of any further help.
Regards,
Diego R. C106268
GameStop Guest Care."
While that is promising, it doesn't match up with people getting cancellation messages days apart that originally ordered day 1 of the deal plus the fact people are getting refunds on unreceived games. I would recommend everyone keep extra money in your bank account just in case.

I ordered some games that weren’t apart of the b2g2 but had awaiting availability and I didn’t get any cancellation email, yet the games that were part of the b2g2 got canceled. So I’m sure the email that was sent out isn’t a glitch.

Biggest dumpster fire I've seen from Gamestop in a long time

I lucked out with one cancelation but in my favor since it was a full priced games so ended up as B1G2.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

For those wondering why you see preowned stock in stores but still have a B2G2 on backorder... this was the reasoning I got when I initially asked about backorder availability - before the erroneous (?) cancellations:

Then where does the warehouse get the pre-owned copies from if not from their stores? No one walks into a Gamestop warehouse to trade or sell their games back!

Then where does the warehouse get the pre-owned copies from if not from their stores? No one walks into a Gamestop warehouse to trade or sell their games back!
I'ma laugh when it turns out the Gamestop warehouse is supplied by Amazon trade-in. Full circle :grouphug:

Has anyone that paid with a gift card received a refund or been sold how refunds will be handled? The full amount was taken out of my card, but only 2 of the 4 games shipped. 

Has anyone that paid with a gift card received a refund or been sold how refunds will be handled? The full amount was taken out of my card, but only 2 of the 4 games shipped.
Couple weeks ago I paid for a store pick which I forgot to pick up. It was a $50 dollar card and the order was $20. Gamestop sent a gift card worth $20 in the mail instead of just refunding the original card.

Biggest dumpster fire I've seen from Gamestop in a long time

I lucked out with one cancelation but in my favor since it was a full priced games so ended up as B1G2.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I honestly don't get how a retailer like GS is so poorly integrated and has such non-existent customer service. I mean, Sears is (was?) better integrated than this and you could actually reach someone for help and they would usually fix the issue. I still haven't received my missing game from BF (yes, I know I've mentioned it 80 times on these forums but I'm pretty salt about not getting something I paid for) and have not found any solution to the problem.

I honestly don't get how a retailer like GS is so poorly integrated and has such non-existent customer service. I mean, Sears is (was?) better integrated than this and you could actually reach someone for help and they would usually fix the issue. I still haven't received my missing game from BF (yes, I know I've mentioned it 80 times on these forums but I'm pretty salt about not getting something I paid for) and have not found any solution to the problem.
I'm in the same boat, but waiting for a refund from a Thanksgiving order that i never picked up but received an email saying that i had picked it up. First time using trade credit for an in store pickup and it bites me in the ass. Already called 3 times with nothing. Got one of those empty order shipped emails today so it's either my refund or a replacement game I'm still waiting for. Well probably have to call a fourth time though.

today I tried to trade some games at GS and got a message saying "exceeded trade limit allowance", when does this trade limit reset?
Do we have any idea what the "trade limit allowance" is? Is it number of copies of a title, or total amount traded in, or both?

I went and had my first truly horrible Gamestop experience. Seems like Gamestop corporate proved to me today that they do not follow their own policy, or the law.

I felt I had to send them the complaint under the spoiler if you want to read it.

This has nothing to do with ANY of the store employees. Every one of them were very nice and very helpful, but this is rather the business practices I have discovered today. 
I had looked over your ad today and saw something I wanted to purchase along with the 2 for $10 t-shirts. I went to one of your stores and found one of the very t-shirts shown in the ad and another. When I took them to the counter and that is when I found out they were really not on sale, even though it was specifically shown in the ad. I decided to get the game I wanted, but it was not in stock preowned. (How horrible your new website is, is a whole other atrocious story) 
I then went to another location thet had the game in stock and they had the same issue with the t-shirt not being on sale.
When I went to buy the game, I THEN discovered that the $5-a-month active reward is not valid on used items. It did not say that anywhere on the reward and was specifically when I renewed that it could be used on anything in the store, new or used. I am now being told that the computer would not apply it because the product was not new. They did not have any new copies, so I had to go back to the first store again.
I truly believe that the used game market is a very good thing for the industry and has personally  hoped up new games to me that I never would have thought. I have been a champion for Gamestop survival,  even when others were crying for bankruptcy,  and even went to and bought something at least 2 or 3 times a week, but you are making it harder and harder to even WANT to enter a store, let alone buy something once a month.

I THEN discovered that the $5-a-month active reward is not valid on used items. It did not say that anywhere on the reward and was specifically when I renewed that it could be used on anything in the store, new or used. I am now being told that the computer would not apply it because the product was not new.
Anyone know when the 5 dollars off coupon is being handed out? I'm a pro member and have not received one
Not sure when I got it, but it's in my active offers.
So from people what have actually used it, what's the exact lowdown on monthly PUR certs? Can or can't you use them on used? Saw a ways back reports that they also can't be used online - is that the case? And, if so, what do you do - just ask teller at location to apply it to a transaction themselves at time of sale?

If it's going from "buy card for discount on used, online and in store" to "buy card for discount on all BUT used, in-store only" then I'm gonna be more than a little peeved. That can't be it though, right?

I went and had my first truly horrible Gamestop experience. Seems like Gamestop corporate proved to me today that they do not follow their own policy, or the law.
I felt I had to send them the complaint under the spoiler if you want to read it.
The shirt thing is bullshit, but it seems like the rest of that could have been avoided. It does indeed say that the $5 promo *currently* does not work on preowned products, because we've been talking about it here for hundreds of posts now, and I directly quoted it from the site. And sales for new items usually don't affect the used price.

The shirt thing is bullshit, but it seems like the rest of that could have been avoided. It does indeed say that the $5 promo *currently* does not work on preowned products, because we've been talking about it here for hundreds of posts now, and I directly quoted it from the site. And sales for new items usually don't affect the used price.
I am in here in nearly a daily basis, and I must have missed the "does not work on preowned" conversation. Mostly issues with online orders and bans.
I read the reward and did not see it on there.
But, thanks for the info.
I just feel like they are trying to do all they can to keep regular customers from coming back as often.
Weird.

Also got a follow up email on the “cancelled orders” for B2G2 (online with CAG)

“Hello,
I apologize for the inconvenience and the miscommunication.

This was an automated message sent by error to users with orders waiting for availability, but the order was not canceled and you can ignore the message.”

So looks like just keep on waiting!

Not sure if this is old news, but I started getting the $5 certificates a few months ago, and they've always worked on used items. 

Didn't even know it worked on "new".  Had a certificate go to waste because I couldn't find anything to use it on.

Yea.
You know come to think of it, the Nov $5 I used on a preowned but I never even got one for Dec.
Who knows what they are doing? Most of the time I dont even think they know.
But we have the word from the website from Johnnymavrik, so that's that.

Not sure if this is old news, but I started getting the $5 certificates a few months ago, and they've always worked on used items.

Didn't even know it worked on "new". Had a certificate go to waste because I couldn't find anything to use it on.
Any chance your PUR points were set to redeem automatically at $5? The only people I've heard of already getting the new $5 each month were people who renewed PUR recently.

Any chance your PUR points were set to redeem automatically at $5? The only people I've heard of already getting the new $5 each month were people who renewed PUR recently.
Nope, I stockpile my points.

And I renewed my subscription around December / January the prior year. They switched me over to the new program, around September / October (maybe) with a few months remaining on my existing subscription.

Nope, I stockpile my points.

And I renewed my subscription around December / January the prior year. They switched me over to the new program, around September / October (maybe) with a few months remaining on my existing subscription.
Congrats??? I guess...I didnt realize they had move people over prior to what's been happening recently..

Long time employee, im guessing probably a manager refused to scan my certificate on an external gift card stating it wouldn't work. Asked more than once to scan and show me. Refused. Then refused to sell me a 2nd external gift card claiming I exceeded purchase amount allowed by guest. All that is left at most of these gamestops is annoying ass employees. Can't wait till they go under.

I am in here in nearly a daily basis, and I must have missed the "does not work on preowned" conversation. Mostly issues with online orders and bans.
I read the reward and did not see it on there.
But, thanks for the info.
I just feel like they are trying to do all they can to keep regular customers from coming back as often.
Weird.
I kind of missed it too. Then again I don't think I am going to renew in April or May when my current Pro expires. I don't want to be "forced" to buy something new every month to use my $5 Game Stop cert. I just don't shop there that often anymore. I don't even want to buy $10 of PSN or Live credit for $5 every month either assuming it works on $10 physical cards.

Perhaps I will look into this more later but for now the new program seems like it isn't that great for me.

Does anyone know if Let's Go Pikachu, Crash Team Racing (Switch), or Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5 got boosted with the stealth bump? There's some cheap flips at a Redbox, but I can't get to a GS today. I don't wanna buy them and then the values tank overnight.

Does anyone know if Let's Go Pikachu, Crash Team Racing (Switch), or Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5 got boosted with the stealth bump? There's some cheap flips at a Redbox, but I can't get to a GS today. I don't wanna buy them and then the values tank overnight.
Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee used to be $22 base, so they definitely got boosted. Not sure about the others.

The stealth bump is only good till today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back