2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got off the phone with customer service since my Mario maker now shows cancelled. First guy put me on hold to never return the second person said I have to call back when Mario maker is in stock and they will ship it to me for free and my other game will definitely ship out as well.

Smells like a class action lawsuit waiting to happen.
That’s what I am thinking. I almost want to start one of those online petitions, but it seems that a lot of people have the attitude of “oh well I lucked out before so I’ll just let this slide”. That shouldn’t be the case, gamestop shouldn’t be allowed any slack. They are a business. Just because some might have been able to get 11 good orders doesn’t mean they should let that 12th order with the incorrect charge slide.
I am so tired of the BS that gamestop is pulling.

My remaining orders got cancelled as well. I actually made sure the rarer games were the “paid” games, which worked out great for me in this case. I encourage everyone to do the same in the future if there are similar promotions.

Two of my switch games were cancelled, but the total for the other two now shows $2.80. My card still has the same amount on it, but maybe ill get it back some how. 

Anyone have tips for getting an online PowerUp Rewards certificate to activate?  I issued myself a $50 online certificate with points last night and was given an activiation code.  GameStop email said to go to www.gamestop.com/code but every time I try that site I get a message saying 404 error we cannot find the page you were looking for.  

I also got a cancellation email for a game, its going to be fun trying to get that credit back.  

For anyone looking for a machine to fix discs, its way cheaper to get a buffer from harbor freight when they have a good coupon than getting one of the stand alone machines. I bought this one years ago and it works great.

https://www.harborfreight.com/power-tools/polishers-buffers/6-in-buffer-61557.html

I use the white buffing compound sticks they have. There's videos on youtube that will show you how to use it too.
Never though I'd see a Harbor Freight link in a game thread, especially a Gamestop thread, but here we are lol. The buffer's actually a clever idea too

Anybody know a firm that handles class action lawsuits that we can shoot some questions to about this whole situation?

For what it's worth, I called once my free item showed as cancelled, and the gentleman I reached was more than willing to help. In my case it was a paid and a free game. One cancelled and one awaiting. He placed a new order for one equally priced game for 0.00, and then had me place a store pick up order for the cancelled one at full price that was available for pickup near me. He then manually cancelled the Awaiting item. I did reach one person that spoke broken english who said nothing they could do. Called back and got this guy that at least sounded like he was not outsourced. So I guess YMMV?

Also got cancellation emails that took effect on the order status on the website. Email said "Important Note: If you used a gift card to pay for your order, you will receive a new gift card by email."

I paid with trade credit, so maybe they will email a gift card, maybe not. I guess debating something like B48G46 vs B46G48... either works for me! I'll live with more sales like this in the future.  :whistle2: Like previously said, put your rarer games as the paid ones when adding to cart so the common ones are "Free!". 

4 years from now when this "class action lawsuit" gets settled, I'll add another $0.43!

Just checked and my 2 games pending stock were cancelled. The online invoice says I will only be charged $52.95 for 2 games but they actually took $97.65 off of my gift cards. Just called customer service and they said they would be launching an investigation and someone will email me in 24 hours. Honestly wouldn't have bothered calling if $52.95 was what they charged me but I'm not letting them get away overcharging me. I am now officially taking bets on the odds that I get an email back. 10 to 1 I don't

Also got cancellation emails that took effect on the order status on the website. Email said "Important Note: If you used a gift card to pay for your order, you will receive a new gift card by email."

I paid with trade credit, so maybe they will email a gift card, maybe not. I guess debating something like B48G46 vs B46G48... either works for me! I'll live with more sales like this in the future. :whistle2: Like previously said, put your rarer games as the paid ones when adding to cart so the common ones are "Free!".

4 years from now when this "class action lawsuit" gets settled, I'll add another $0.43!
ask them to remove the "Outstanding Pre-authorization Hold" on your Trade Card. It's the only way I got my credit back for my cancelled order.

Just checked and my 2 games pending stock were cancelled. The online invoice says I will only be charged $52.95 for 2 games but they actually took $97.65 off of my gift cards. Just called customer service and they said they would be launching an investigation and someone will email me in 24 hours. Honestly wouldn't have bothered calling if $52.95 was what they charged me but I'm not letting them get away overcharging me. I am now officially taking bets on the odds that I get an email back. 10 to 1 I don't
Same here.

Gonna call them this weekend and just ask them to send me my missing game from my BF and for them to address this. If it doens't get fixed, just gonna file some complaints with BBB (I know, does nothing) and look into some other simple things I can do that might get something done, might not but it's worth trying. I remember when I filed a complaint with the FCC due to Comcast issues and Comcast actually called me to address my issue.

ask them to remove the "Outstanding Pre-authorization Hold" on your Trade Card. It's the only way I got my credit back for my cancelled order.
I called several times after black friday after a store pickup was cancelled and I finally got someone to do this. Call your trade card a gift card and they can do this over the phone if you get the right person. Only helps if it was a paid item was cancelled.

My last game appears to be a paid item and still showing awaiting stock. I just hope it gets shipped or cancelled soon. Card seems to show the right balance last I checked.

That’s what I am thinking. I almost want to start one of those online petitions, but it seems that a lot of people have the attitude of “oh well I lucked out before so I’ll just let this slide”. That shouldn’t be the case, gamestop shouldn’t be allowed any slack. They are a business. Just because some might have been able to get 11 good orders doesn’t mean they should let that 12th order with the incorrect charge slide.
I am so tired of the BS that gamestop is pulling.
Yeah ... good luck with that.

It's not a lawsuit, and if an attorney tells you it is, he probably got his law degree from an online store.

Interesting that they're closing a ThinkGeek store and reopening it as a GameStop. Reminds me of the last new Kmart to open.

Quick question, has anyone been “dumpster diving” in the GameStop’s that are closing? If so, what have you found?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In 2012 I got a PS3 kiosk, 360 kiosk, and a ton of shelving. They also threw out the drawers, which was odd because the unoccupied space in the mall still has the EB Games style counter intact.

i have 3 orders and each one had one game cancelled, i called the gs number and first they gave me $10 dlls i told them that with 10 lousy dlls couldn't buy a good game, then after one hour they told me that they were giving me 5,000 points, so they went from 10 to 5 , really gamestop is a joke, and i can't return the games because i gave some as late Xmas gifts.

For what it's worth, I called once my free item showed as cancelled, and the gentleman I reached was more than willing to help. In my case it was a paid and a free game. One cancelled and one awaiting. He placed a new order for one equally priced game for 0.00, and then had me place a store pick up order for the cancelled one at full price that was available for pickup near me. He then manually cancelled the Awaiting item. I did reach one person that spoke broken english who said nothing they could do. Called back and got this guy that at least sounded like he was not outsourced. So I guess YMMV?
Nice and least you got a good solution , one of my local stores has one of the cancelled games ( Medievil) and even then couldn't or wouldn't place the order

For those who got generic cases, now that the stores got more trade-ins. I was able to go to several stores near my home and workplace today and had all 4 games I got with generic cases replaced with the actual case (Pokemon Sword, New Super Mario Bros Deluxe, Splatoon 2, Bloodstained). If having the actual case is important, then you probably want to check, none of the employees cared, they just gave me the case after I showed them the generic case. My games all passed the 7 day return period

I can't believe the entitlement and whining going on in this thread. They probably sold way more than expected so some of the B2G2 games - ESPECIALLY SOME OF THE EXTREMELY POPULAR NINTENDO ONES THAT THEY DON'T GET VERY OFTEN - are backordered and you have endless whining and entitlement from millenials and zoomers who wouldn't have been able to handle the 90's. I remember ordering Panzer Dragoon Saga on the Saturn in 1998 and after nearly 2 months I finally received it and the box was completely smashed and the disc was scratched from becoming loose in the case. I spent $70 on it. Did I care? No, I was just thankful that the game worked and I was able to experience such an amazing and hard to find game and have it shipped to my house during the winter. And it hasn't even been a few weeks and you already have endless complaining on here from the most entitled snowflakes I've ever seen in my life. Spoiled brats.
I dunno man. Being upset because you paid for something... literally had money taken from your bank account, and then that thing was cancelled without any kind of refund... that doesn’t feel like an entitlement issue to me.

I can't believe the entitlement and whining going on in this thread. They probably sold way more than expected so some of the B2G2 games - ESPECIALLY SOME OF THE EXTREMELY POPULAR NINTENDO ONES THAT THEY DON'T GET VERY OFTEN - are backordered and you have endless whining and entitlement from millenials and zoomers who wouldn't have been able to handle the 90's. I remember ordering Panzer Dragoon Saga on the Saturn in 1998 and after nearly 2 months I finally received it and the box was completely smashed and the disc was scratched from becoming loose in the case. I spent $70 on it. Did I care? No, I was just thankful that the game worked and I was able to experience such an amazing and hard to find game and have it shipped to my house during the winter. And it hasn't even been a few weeks and you already have endless complaining on here from the most entitled snowflakes I've ever seen in my life. Spoiled brats.
For those of us that placed a ton of orders, yea I agree. Buy 100 get 97 free is great. For the random person that just wanted one game but was convinced to drop $100+ on 4 games and then later be told - "Sorry, we shipped you the two free games and the 2 paid games aren't in stock anymore, so we cancelled them. Since you got the free games already, you'll need to return those to your local gamestop if you want any sort of refund. Thanks!"

It's all relative. Especially if you didn't even get the one game you wanted. :wall:

My Mario Maker 2 was cancelled but Link's Awakening is still awaiting availability (both were my free games).
I've struck out twice with Mario Maker 2 at GS (once during BF, then during the XMas sale)... and I've seen many people say that was the game they missed out on. Wonder what's the deal with that being so hard to get.

1 of my paid games that's been awaiting availability is now MIA. I cant even check the order status anymore. It's telling me there is no such order. Weird.

Idk do you guys want to make a dedicated thread for your missing orders because this thread has basically been unusable for the last week

Idk do you guys want to make a dedicated thread for your missing orders because this thread has basically been unusable for the last week
Why? This is literally the GameStop thread, meant for talking about things pertaining to GameStop. Conversations about orders missing are no different than conversations about console issues in the XBL/PSN/eShop threads.

Half of one of my orders was cancelled. 

Received:
Yoshi Crafted (Charged full price for)

Kirby Star Allies (Free)

Cancelled:
New Super Mario

Dragon Quest

Tried to work it out with a supervisor on the phone. They told me I could escalate the case, but since I had mixed 2 promotions (B2G2 and CAG16) that I wasn't even supposed to get the games in the first place. He also told me that GS HQ/Corporate cancelled my order for the remaining 2 games, and if I did plan to escalate the case it would be a "waste of time." He told me they would honor the B1G1 (since that what was owed to me) if I had not used multiple promotions.

I tried to see if I could at least get them to do a B1G1 (since I was only charged for half the order), but they would not allow it. At least I was able to get a B1G1 promo. Might just have to deal with that since I'm not sure if it's worth the effort to try to escalate the case. 

wow, trying to keep up with this thread, just wow, honestly dont want to shop at gamestop any more. and i didnt even get any cancellations

Just received an official cancellation on my two remaining "awaiting for availability" paid switch games but I don't really care. I got two high price free switch games for $4.86 (taxes).

IMG-3527.png
IMG-3526.png
IMG-3525.png

Hey.  My "Awaiting for product availability" order is not showing up anymore either.  I don't have an account with GameStop, and I've been checking my order since December 25th without any issues until today.  The only one missing from my order is Link's Awakening.  It's been waiting for product availability since Dec. 27th.  I'm really hoping that this is an ongoing site issue.

FYI.  I've never received any email cancellation from them.

I checked one of the cards I used for the canceled order, and it has almost all the original $50 amount minus $2.40 that shows on the order page. I’m guessing the rest of the balance went back on my main card, but I didn’t double check. So I paid $2.40 for Mario Party and Yoshi. Good outcome for me but I can see this being a mess for some. I doubt they will ever do b2g2 again especially on current gen.

Half of one of my orders was cancelled.

Received:
Yoshi Crafted (Charged full price for)

Kirby Star Allies (Free)

Cancelled:
New Super Mario

Dragon Quest

Tried to work it out with a supervisor on the phone. They told me I could escalate the case, but since I had mixed 2 promotions (B2G2 and CAG16) that I wasn't even supposed to get the games in the first place. He also told me that GS HQ/Corporate cancelled my order for the remaining 2 games, and if I did plan to escalate the case it would be a "waste of time." He told me they would honor the B1G1 (since that what was owed to me) if I had not used multiple promotions.

I tried to see if I could at least get them to do a B1G1 (since I was only charged for half the order), but they would not allow it. At least I was able to get a B1G1 promo. Might just have to deal with that since I'm not sure if it's worth the effort to try to escalate the case.
"Hey, you mixed the automatic discount with our active coupon code and we didn't like that, so despite letting you place an order for an agreed-upon price we're instead going to change it and steal the entire value of your order from you, tough titties"

what the actual fuck

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back