2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh... you mean this?

giia2pepsg941.jpg

I think my favorite part of it is that people over there think I'm an idiot and are saying I should return all the disc only games and get "cheaper / better condition copies elsewhere". Heh. I think they missed the whole B2G2 thing.
How many thousands did this cost?

To everyone who has been charged a significantly lower amount, keep the money in your account anyways. A while back I had a similar issue where one of my games was "awaiting availability" and when it finally showed up, I still hadn't been charged for that game.. about 3 days later, they sent me tracking for the game (which was weird since I already received it), and was shortly after charged the remainder of my order.  I know some of these situations are different, since they were "cancelled", but per a few pages back, I believe someone had contacted GS support who told them that the orders were not actually cancelled and the emails were sent out mistakenly.

Either way, this B2G2 promo really seems to have blown up in their face.  Honestly, the timing on it was a terrible decision as well.  It landed like right when Christmas hit, so everyone had a bunch of Gamestop giftcards.. instead of essentially forcing people to either wait or just buy something with their gift card without sales, they did this B2G2 sale which probably saw a lot of gift card action (which really doesn't help them since they were already purchased), and now on top of that they essentially gave away a bunch of games for free (instead of B2G2 it was more like Buy 10% of one game and get 2-3 other games free)..

You might want to check Persona Q1 as soon as possible. One of the more recent 3DS updates made physical copies no longer work & crash the system at the game’s title screen. Only fix is to play the downloadable version for $20.
Huh, really? Spent the last bit searching for info and came up with squat, even when specifying timeframes or discussion on specific site boards. Either way, ran/is running without issue on ""updated"" N3DSXL, at least through intro - though it's CFW'd to hell and back so that's not really a good use case.

If you've got a news article or somethin I wouldn't mind reading about it, so thanks for the tip - but I doubt I'll be getting to the thing anytime in the next decade either way. Gonna finally be finishing NG+ run of strange journey redux for an Alex ending literally in the next few hours, I have copies of nocturne and DDS burning holes in my collection since I bought them last april, I have DeSu2, P4G and now SMTIV apocalypse on queue...got on a bit of a kick for the series after giving DeSu1 a run and finding myself suprisingly enamored. Only touched P3FES before this, but since Q1 demands P3+P4 and apparently isn't all that good...

Lmao, Gamestop sent out a free copy of Links Awakening after canceling the two other charged games yesterday on the order. They must've had lots of Links Awakenings for some reason.

Oh... you mean this?

I think my favorite part of it is that people over there think I'm an idiot and are saying I should return all the disc only games and get "cheaper / better condition copies elsewhere". Heh. I think they missed the whole B2G2 thing.
I'm shocked at how many PS2 and GC games you got with cases. I've ordered maybe 5 PS2 games and 10 GC games over the past two years and never got a PS2 game with a case or manual, and only got 2 GC games with case inserts (real insert, in a generic case) and no manuals.

I was gonna say I'm also shocked you didn't get banned but I doubt GS' systems are capable of tracking anything at all.

Ended up getting B1G2 free with CAG16 now that Links Awakening is shipping. Oh GameStop, you goofs.
Are you sure about that? Have you checked your credit card or however you paid? They charged me for Link's Awakening. So currently, my only free game is Red Dead Redemption 2 as I've been charged for Blood and Truth, Mario Kart Double Dash and now Link's Awakening. Looks like I will have to call them.

Though I haven't been affected in this case, this fiasco reminds me of their sell-off of psp games quite a few years ago now.  I think they ended up being b2g2.  All the ones they oversold on, though, they didn't cancel, they just left hanging for literally years.  Eventually, though, they just completely erased the transactions.  Got screwed over on a bunch of those orders actually.

Gamestop is really bad at online b2g2's.

I received an email saying there was a problem processing payment for one of my orders.

This is a headscratcher because I paid with a gift card and trade card that had enough funds to cover the purchase.

I called CS and they acknowledged that both cards had enough funds for the purchase. However, they're currently having issues with their system accepting gidt cards as a payment method.

I was encourages to pay for my order via debit or credit card instead. Needless to say I passed. I had already received the free games on my order and I just don't think I should be forced to change payment methods due to an issue on their end.

I told them I would be more than happy to just wait until the issue was resolved, but they have no idea when that will happen.

My two copies of Link's Awakening will probably end up getting cancelled but oh well. I'm not going to be forced to pay cash and potentially be stuck with gift cards or trade credit that's been rendered useless.

Contemplating using online only reward certificate and trade credit online but after the horror stories I’ve read in this thread it seems Ill advised. Also a lot of you are veterans and know the horror stories not sure why you guys keep using the broken online store

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm sorry for posting without anything to add to the thread...

...but I can't help but point out how hilarious it is that today I received a message on my app to spend my Gamestop gift cards received over the holiday season, only to come on here and see that Gamestop is having issues with their system accepting gift cards as payment.

I thought I had asked you before if NSMBD is worth getting if I already have Mario Maker 2, and you said that it was. Maybe I'm confusing you with someone else. But are you saying that NSMBD is not worth getting if you have MM2, or just that it's the worst Mario game?
Nah, wasn't me. NSMBD just isn't fun to me, and the level designs are terrible/lazy (only played up to world 3). MM2 is fun to me due to all the amazing levels people created, you never know what to expect. Also from the campaign the levels seemed to be designed better than NSMBD since it's showing off the tools for the creation mode.

I ran across this and i do not know how accurate this is.....

can anyone confirm the stores near them if they are closing?...might be helpful... (I am in WI and can confirm the closing of the Hartford and Milwaukee store that's listed on Brown Deer Rd)

http://gsclosing.blogspot.com/
I remember seeing this earlier but I forgot to comment about it. I can almost guarantee that the Maplewood GameStop in Coral Springs Florida is definitely not closing. I was literally there the other day and no closing signs or percentages off merchandise. I spoke to a store manager of another local GameStop and he said that that store is the second most profitable one in the area. wouldnt make much sense to close it down.

Question:
Are the percentages off at the GameStop's that are closing based on each individual store or do all stores have the same percentages off? When I was there at one close by me, I think it was around a week before Christmas time it was 30% off Pre Owned 20% off new and 10% off consoles.

So I made two B2G2 orders and received 5 of my games while 3 sat in waiting for availability limbo(2 of which were free titles). My card originally had 2 charges for $79 on it but once the games shipped it changed to a charge of $79 and $38. Now the two free games have been cancelled in my order history and the final paid game shipped (Links Awakening) and I received another $38 charge on my card. So it ended up being a b2g1 for me. Not the worst thing ever but still annoying and make sure you guys check your credit card charges too.

I haven't noticed any points or activity being credited to my account. I traded in $78 worth of used games, and bought a new $60 dollar game the same day. In addition, I bought two used games (part of the promo) for $52, and nothing.

How do I go about claiming my points?
How many points should I expect (x2)?

Thanks, guys

I haven't noticed any points or activity being credited to my account. I traded in $78 worth of used games, and bought a new $60 dollar game the same day. In addition, I bought two used games (part of the promo) for $52, and nothing.

Thanks, guys
Depends on where you are located. Some states don't get points for trades.

Also, it took a few weeks for me to get credited PUR points for purchases over the holidays so perhaps the gamestop squirrels are still on vacation.

Two questions:

1. Is the $5 extra credit on Switch games still going on?

2. Can you use reward certificates on pre-orders?
1. (Highly) YMMV. There was an in-store sign at my location on 1/4/2020. But the employee had to manually key in the extra $5. It did not ring up automatically. Plus I don't see it advertised anywhere online anymore.

Thanks, guys
GameStop seems to have certain blackout dates where no points get attributed to your PUR.

Defenders seem to say that it's just a connectivity issue. I got my tinfoil hat on, saying it's test markets to see who actually notices, and/or cares.

I never got points from Dec 20th last year. 8K worth. Reddit defenders said it was just a network glitch (multiple others had issues on the same day). I may point out that it's a glitch that never got fixed, even to this day.

Missing points seems to be a common complaint, so ...tinfoil hat justified?

I suppose you can call and sit on hold for an hour+ if it means that much to you. GS may just say "whoopsie!" and give you points, while not giving anyone else points who didn't call.

It's crappy, for sure. Reward people who are willing to complain.

1. (Highly) YMMV. There was an in-store sign at my location on 1/4/2020. But the employee had to manually key in the extra $5. It did not ring up automatically. Plus I don't see it advertised anywhere online anymore.
It's weird employees can do this. I suppose they never took the signs down .. or they meant to, but had a huge turnover on employees recently that they never got around to it.

My stores all took down the 4/$X signs and +$5 bonus. Poop. Diehards.

Thanks to those that mentioned using the exact term "release the pre-authorization debit charge on the trade credit card #" to get a refund for TC used online. After around 6 emails to random CSRs (same email chain of course), one finally was able to release the funds instantly and I can see it when I check balance on the website. So not sure if any of the other responses I got from other CSRs or on the phone will ever execute.. like waiting 3-5 business days for a new gift card to be emailed, 10 days for a new snail mail GC, or whatnot. But it looks like I am officially part of the cool B0G2 club!

Now I feel like I need to spend the new found balance ASAP before it disappears...

[quote name="Chakius" post="14254368" timestamp="1578598430"]

GameStop seems to have certain blackout dates where no points get attributed to your PUR.

Defenders seem to say that it's just a connectivity issue. I got my tinfoil hat on, saying it's test markets to see who actually notices, and/or cares.

I never got points from Dec 20th last year. 8K worth. Reddit defenders said it was just a network glitch (multiple others had issues on the same day). I may point out that it's a glitch that never got fixed, even to this day.

Man, they really seem to not care about their customers at all. I like the place, but it is getting hard to justify shopping there. Bad experiences are the norm and almost expected when dealing with them

On the flip side I had about 3k in points show up overnight (and this is from someone who never has more than 6k in points) with no activity shown.

Even weirder, the points balance in the app show about 900 more than the website.

So I have no idea what's going on.

To everyone who has been charged a significantly lower amount, keep the money in your account anyways. A while back I had a similar issue where one of my games was "awaiting availability" and when it finally showed up, I still hadn't been charged for that game.. about 3 days later, they sent me tracking for the game (which was weird since I already received it), and was shortly after charged the remainder of my order. I know some of these situations are different, since they were "cancelled", but per a few pages back, I believe someone had contacted GS support who told them that the orders were not actually cancelled and the emails were sent out mistakenly.

Either way, this B2G2 promo really seems to have blown up in their face. Honestly, the timing on it was a terrible decision as well. It landed like right when Christmas hit, so everyone had a bunch of Gamestop giftcards.. instead of essentially forcing people to either wait or just buy something with their gift card without sales, they did this B2G2 sale which probably saw a lot of gift card action (which really doesn't help them since they were already purchased), and now on top of that they essentially gave away a bunch of games for free (instead of B2G2 it was more like Buy 10% of one game and get 2-3 other games free)..
Aye,

If you mouse over the "(I)nfo" icon, it indicates that your item is awaiting availability, and your payment method will only be charged when the game ships.

While I originally paid for the games on gift cards (in full), I was refunded on games they could not ship. Today I got charged on my gift card for newly shipped games.

I imagine if you have less money on your gift card than what is needed to pay the balance, it may very well be identified as an automatic cancel.

Some ordered games were cancelled by GS however, even with a positive gift card balance.

The cancelled games indicate a BXGX free scenario. It's pretty much a B1G1 (sure B2G2), with certain games being removed, to even it all out.

I'm not sure it this was strategic on their part. The better games got cancelled. But they made sure I got exactly double the games I paid for, essentially, even if it took extra time. And this fulfills their B2G2 deal.

Either way, good flippage. Pays for Animal Crossing and some others later this year.

There used to be a sweet glitch back when the old website was up. If you redeemed points towards an online certificate and added a digital Xbox/PSN/eShop along with any physical item for pickup at a local store the coupon would apply to both the physical item and the digital code. A $50 certificate would essentially become a $100 certificate.

I haven’t tried it out yet with the new website, but its worth a look if anyone wants to risk their points.

It's weird employees can do this. I suppose they never took the signs down .. or they meant to, but had a huge turnover on employees recently that they never got around to it.

My stores all took down the 4/$X signs and +$5 bonus. Poop. Diehards.
I feel like the employees have been given a bit more free range when it comes to honoring a promo that may have expired and signage wasn't all taken down or price matching a competitor. I went in during the Holidays and picked up a copy of the Aladdin/Lion King for the Target price as the employee had no issue price matching, which I didn't think Gamestop did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back