2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Went to a closing store and got a switch lite...was hoping to grab some flipable games but the store’s apparently been closing since Nov so everything was long gone...

I'm trying to decide how much credit I want to keep with the hopes of picking up PS5 / XBSX versus splurge on digital currency while it still can be used for that...decisions

Going to check out the GS closing by my house on Thursday when the final round of price drops happen. Hoping they still have some Switch games but not too hopeful.

This is probably just the first round. Stores will regularly start dropping like flies.
By Summer I think we will see a lot more stores closing. There are just too many Gamestop stores within a few miles (if that) from each other. Just by my house there are two within a mile of each other and then another 4 stores within a 5-10 mile radius of them.

Reposting for people looking to cash out with trade credit. This is the restricted list, everything else is fair game (Steam, PSN, Xbox) unless they added more to the list since 8/21.

ECdI1x6WkAA-Btb.jpg

So apparently EB Games in Canada is having a one day sale today........Buy 1, Get 6 free on all previous generation titles
From my experience GameStop Canada (EB Games) does things super differently and aggressively discounts old games. These kind of weird sales are kinda common lol. Also from my experience Canadian people are not as much hoarders / collectors as us US peeps lol.

Reposting for people looking to cash out with trade credit. This is the restricted list, everything else is fair game (Steam, PSN, Xbox) unless they added more to the list since 8/21.

ECdI1x6WkAA-Btb.jpg
Weird, are you sure this is still current? 3 weeks ago I just bought a bunch of Starbucks credit $150 with trade credit...

Weird, are you sure this is still current? 3 weeks ago I just bought a bunch of Starbucks credit $150 with trade credit...
That'd be interesting. But yes, back in July or sometime when that list came out, I checked a few of those: SW, Starbucks, Home Depot and they all were blocked by the POS from using GC/trade credit.

I just called Gamestop and my trade card has been "frozen". She had no idea why, but suggested I go to the store so they can replace the card. I traded in very few games over the past month. Definitely didn't go over any trade limits. So weird.

For those still holding out hope, Elite is officially dead on 1/16. They updated the PUR terms and conditions yesterday:

PowerUp Rewards Elite Pro Membership

As of August 2018, PowerUp Rewards no longer offers the Elite Pro membership tier and as of January 16, 2020 PowerUp Rewards will no longer honor Elite tier status or benefits.

If you previously purchased an Elite Pro membership and your membership has not expired, you have been grandfathered into the NEW Pro membership. If you prefer not to participate in the NEW Pro tier, you may cancel your subscription and request a refund of your Elite Pro Membership by contacting Guest Care.

https://www.gamestop.com/TermsConditions.html

Went to one of the closing stores and it was mostly picked clean. But I did find some games I'll flip back, get a bit of credit for and get the points as well.

I scoped out a nearby closing store today and confirmed they're doing the 5 for $5 but there was sadly not much left of interest.
I ended up grabbing Soul Calibur V for XBOX 360 (CIB), Touch Detective 2 & 1/2 for DS (cart only), & Picross 3D for DS (cart only) for myself and TMNT for 3DS & Just Dance Disney Party for XBOX 360, which I traded in to another store for $6.60 cash.

So basically I ended up with 3 games and $1.10 more than I started with, haha.

Also, with Elite Pro officially ending in 2 days, I went ahead and cashed in my banked PUR points (had enough for a $30 Switch game) and dumped the rest of my decently-valued trades today.

I'd already traded in $492 worth of stuff for cash this month and I just got another $297 today so I'm fairly certain I'll be hit with a trade ban but with the 20% bonus going away I'm pretty much done trading stuff in anyway.

Now I'm not sure, since you posted that it worked. Has anyone else tried using trade credit on stuff from the restricted list, recently?

People posting how they bought games from 1 closing store to make a profit from trading back to another open store.  No wonder they won't be around for long with customers like that and poor tradein value control.  Like dancing on gamestop's grave.  If they didn't think they can sell me an opened game and call it new, I would feel sorry for them.

I was just about do get a 5 dollar reward cert with my points and noticed it has an expiration date of 12/31/19.

Are these reward coupons no longer valid?

Wth

I was just about do get a 5 dollar reward cert with my points and noticed it has an expiration date of 12/31/19.

Are these reward coupons no longer valid?

Wth
I cashed out a $15 cert (15000 points) today and it had an expiry date of 3.30.2020. I used the desktop website version and not the app.

I'd already traded in $492 worth of stuff for cash this month and I just got another $297 today so I'm fairly certain I'll be hit with a trade ban but with the 20% bonus going away I'm pretty much done trading stuff in anyway.
Let me know if you do get temp banned, I'm also sitting at just under $500 and leaning towards cashing out to 1k before this CSAC ends on Sunday.

As disappointing as it is to see Elite tier killed off, it's fascinating that they gave those of us in non-CSAC locations such a beautiful swan song. Elite was never more valuable than that week. Wondering if I should use my discount tomorrow one last time before it is gone for good.. 

I went to fill in some gaps with my Pokémon games before Elite Pro dies (Let’s Go and Ultra Sun), and the two associates working were visibly upset about the changes. One associate didn’t know much about it at first, but he was like “Elite just ends? What about it running through Spring?!”

Gamestop isn’t only ticking off customers with these changes...

Closing store I went to today had 3 copies of minecraft 360 version and a copy of ducktales remastered for ps3 that ill flip to other stores. cant beat those for $1 especially with their trade values even if they get refurb fees added.

Wait what? Did Elite Pro end today? I know there were rumors with some supporting info but it's just gone now?
Elite Pro forcibly ends January 16, 2020. The end. Period. So you still have tomorrow!

Unlike other posters, I'm gathering that it's all ENDED the morning of the 16th, so get your shit together and buy / sell / trade tomorrow, cuz that is realistically your LAST day .. :) [essentially the 15th is the day to do whatever you need to get done.]

I already did a whopper CSAC.

THAT BEING SAID ....

I really don't think this is all doom and gloom for CAG'ers. GS loves to do promotions to inflate numbers, and, while they won't be quite as lucrative as before (hell maybe they will be), I think there will be other "deals" on the horizon.

I expect at least one promotional deal before the Q4 earnings call, and it might stack again.

Essentially don't burn your credit too soon .. and don't get banned too soon either. Because, there is still a buncha wild cards waiting to be played.

I mean, shit, even if there was no Elite, no CAG16, B2G2 would still have been awesome. Perhaps more so, since it wouldn't have been so blatantly obvious to hit mainstream media. ... and the games we ordered might have actually been available to ship..

.. all the while I'm getting the funny feeling GS is trying to dump warehouse inventory. .. dumping new'ish inventory is a wash / loss.... but I wonder if they recouped / profited money on retro.. maybe that made it all worth it. Or people simply buying crappy games.

GS seems to be buying fewer new titles to restock shelves ....

I assume the chances of getting a refund for my reminding years is pretty low. What do we get other than downgraded to the new PUR system? Do we get back $15 for the difference or we just paid $30/year for a program worth $15?

For those still holding out hope, Elite is officially dead on 1/16. They updated the PUR terms and conditions yesterday:

PowerUp Rewards Elite Pro Membership

As of August 2018, PowerUp Rewards no longer offers the Elite Pro membership tier and as of January 16, 2020 PowerUp Rewards will no longer honor Elite tier status or benefits.

If you previously purchased an Elite Pro membership and your membership has not expired, you have been grandfathered into the NEW Pro membership. If you prefer not to participate in the NEW Pro tier, you may cancel your subscription and request a refund of your Elite Pro Membership by contacting Guest Care.

https://www.gamestop.com/TermsConditions.html
Also if you cancel your Elite you will lose your points.

*[SIZE=11pt]A Member may cancel his or her Membership by notifying Customer Service by mail, email, or telephone. GameStop, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to cancel an individual Membership. Cancellation of Membership results in loss of all accumulated points. Members who cancel voluntarily may not re-activate the Account, but are eligible to open a new Account without the benefit of the previously accumulated points.[/SIZE]

I'm actually fine with that. Rather have my money back. I can just spend my points before I call too.

Not sure why they think this is a bad thing either. You either keep your account but get downgraded and lose out on $15/year or you cancel it, get your money back, and open another account with the $15 you just saved. Love how they punish you for getting your money back on a service they are no longer supporting that you paid for, crazy.

Wonder how they plan on refunding you? Check in the mail maybe.

Unknowingly stopped by one of the Gamestop stores that was closing with Clearance. The games were slim pickings. I ended up grabbing a Switch lote for $140 for my son so he'll stop playing with my DQ XI limited edition Switch without me getting scared of him scratching it. Also picked up 2x Gears 5 CE for $80 and a First 4 Figure Solid Snake Statue for $24.

People posting how they bought games from 1 closing store to make a profit from trading back to another open store. No wonder they won't be around for long with customers like that and poor tradein value control. Like dancing on gamestop's grave. If they didn't think they can sell me an opened game and call it new, I would feel sorry for them.
The big mystery is why GS didn't consolidate their valuables.

Closing stores liquidate expensive games, and then proceed to forward boxes of unsold socks / junk toys to other stores.

Essentially only passing on unsellable garbage to other stores, where it takes up storage / retail space.

It's mind blowing.

Maybe legal stuff with franchises (?) .. but Wheeeeeeeez

I'm actually fine with that. Rather have my money back. I can just spend my points before I call too.

Not sure why they think this is a bad thing either. You either keep your account but get downgraded and lose out on $15/year or you cancel it, get your money back, and open another account with the $15 you just saved. Love how they punish you for getting your money back on a service they are no longer supporting that you paid for, crazy.

I honestly don't mind the sub fee for Game Informer. It helps pass the time on the toilet.

I am uncomfortable bringing my phone with me .. it's just weird.

Flipping pages and sitting on the toilet go hand in hand.

I would not bother calling on the 16th because the wait time will probably be double what it usually is now. I remember when I signed up for Elite the first time they gave me cash for the remaining time of my Pro account, in store.

Is there a definitive process for returning B2G2 items that are DOA for those orders that show $0.00 on the packing list? I'm still testing games from my giant order and have already come across a few... 🙃

What's the consensus on the 20% pre order bonus and 20% off with console purchase continuing after Pro/Elite end?

Question? I just checked my account and it looks like I have 4 Birthday coupons for 20% off of a Pre-owned game. Has anybody had this happen to them? They each have different codes so I could get four different used games. If so, :D/

Had that happen to me a couple days ago. With Elite expiring I hurried up and used all 4 to get all Switch games (Mario Odyssey, Zelda, Pokemon Sword and Shield)
As an update, I used one of my coupons yesterday no problem. I went to a different store today since they had three of the games I was interested in (Zelda-Link's Awakening, Astral Chain and Dragon Quest XI). I asked the associate and he said that even though I had 3 coupons I could only use one of them. When I told him that each coupon had different codes he still claimed only one was valid to use. I did not try to fight it and only bought Dragon Quest XI. I am not too bummed because it saved me spending more money and I figured Zelda is bound to go on sale for $39.99 in the future.

I have enough points to redeem for $50 but I want to keep them and put that $50 towards my PS5. I know to use it I'll have to wait until I'm actually picking it up but If somehow I lose the points before then, I will be furious lol

I have enough points to redeem for $50 but I want to keep them and put that $50 towards my PS5. I know to use it I'll have to wait until I'm actually picking it up but If somehow I lose the points before then, I will be furious lol
Redeem your points for $50 towards Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot. Then trade it in during the G2L promo, where you get back your $59.99 you spend. That way you turn your 50000 points to trade credit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back