2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
From the rotating banner on the website :

"Get up to 4x points when you get 4 games during our buy 2 get 1 free preowned games sale."

What?
4x points says only if you sign up with new pro account?

SCORE 2X POINTS

WHEN YOU ADD 1 MORE GAME

SCORE 4X POINTS
WHEN YOU SIGN UP FOR OR
RENEW YOUR PRO MEMBERSHIP

I still not even got my dumb $5 welcome coupon or even the monthly $5 reward. I always ended up renewing the Power Up Reward card at some point, but going to let it lapse for good in June.

I bought 2 used games a couple of days ago.

Would I be able to return and repurchase on the spot, in order to get the b2g1?

Anyone have experience with this?

How often do the retro ps2 games come with their actual case instead of some generic sleeve. Might use Gamestop instead of taking advantage of the JJ games OOB sale if they use their actual case.

How often do the retro ps2 games come with their actual case instead of some generic sleeve. Might use Gamestop instead of taking advantage of the JJ games OOB sale if they use their actual case.
You can always return stuff that doesn’t come with a case.

Was able to find

Fire Emblem Fates Conquest

Fire Emblem Fates Birthright

Fire Emblem Awakening 

All with cases in store this morning, good haul for B2G1.

So looks like the $5 extra per game starts tomorrow and runs at the same time as the 20% extra for PC accessories. Will these stack? If so what constitutes a PC accessory?

I still not even got my dumb $5 welcome coupon or even the monthly $5 reward. I always ended up renewing the Power Up Reward card at some point, but going to let it lapse for good in June.
The welcome coupon is only for those who signed up for the new Pro. It printed on the receipt when you bought it.

So I completely forgot to pick-up a Death Stranding pre-order, can anyone tell me what happens to the deposit I put toward it as part of a trade-in? Should I get a gift card in the mail or will I have to return to the store I pre-ordered at to get a refund? Any info is appreciated.

P.S. I tried to make a b2g1 purchase using trade credit as the only method of payment and my transaction was declined. I eventried to different cards with valid balances. WTH. Anyone else having checkout issues?

So looks like the $5 extra per game starts tomorrow and runs at the same time as the 20% extra for PC accessories. Will these stack? If so what constitutes a PC accessory?
Whatever promo is better will apply per game. $5 is better on games with a base of $25 or less. 20% is better on games with a base of $25.01 or more.

Anyone think the wording of the $5 deal is suspicious?

"$5 extra trade credit, for any game you trade toward an upcoming game."

Nowhere is pre-order mentioned.  The wording is similar to offers on games after they are released, ie, %20 extra trade credit towards Pokemon Sword or Shield (after it was already released, meaning you had to buy it on the spot to get the +20% credit).

I'm simply wondering if they intend people to pre-pay the entire cost of an upcoming title.  Which is possible if they are cash-strapped.

.. it might work also on already released New titles?  (some of which are dirt cheap)

Things to try tomorrow.

--

On PC accessories, I wonder if AA / AAA batteries count.  They are classified as electronic accessories on the website.  Assuming for some odd reason the deals stack.  Which goes back to depending if the separate deals are simple bonus's (wont stack), purchase required, or pre-orders.

Something to ponder.

So I completely forgot to pick-up a Death Stranding pre-order, can anyone tell me what happens to the deposit I put toward it as part of a trade-in? Should I get a gift card in the mail or will I have to return to the store I pre-ordered at to get a refund? Any info is appreciated.

P.S. I tried to make a b2g1 purchase using trade credit as the only method of payment and my transaction was declined. I eventried to different cards with valid balances. WTH. Anyone else having checkout issues?
There is a time limit before the money poofs. I think I heard 30 days (?). Return to the store and transfer it to another game you would like to pre-order. You could cancel it, but that just hurts the employees internal stats.

On the PS, I gave up trying to order on-line (transaction declined, etc). If you go to a physical store, they can place the order for you there and have you swipe your gift/PUR card to pay. Actually today I can't even add anything to the cart. Awesome online store.

I got a 20$ dotd PS4 controller that looks brand new. It was my last elite discounted item tho so it's bittersweet.
[attachment=33589:20200118_172526.jpg][attachment=33590:20200118_172411_Burst01.jpg]

Is the $5 extra valid for any kind of trade in? Like, for a copy of a game worth less than a $1?

Also, if I was trying to get Animal Crossing Switch, could I do this deal multiple times and have the credit stack on the same preorder, or is it once per game?

Is the $5 extra valid for any kind of trade in? Like, for a copy of a game worth less than a $1?

Also, if I was trying to get Animal Crossing Switch, could I do this deal multiple times and have the credit stack on the same preorder, or is it once per game?
Ad says the value must be $2 and it says any game so I assume it'll apply for all games in order

There is a time limit before the money poofs. I think I heard 30 days (?). Return to the store and transfer it to another game you would like to pre-order. You could cancel it, but that just hurts the employees internal stats.

On the PS, I gave up trying to order on-line (transaction declined, etc). If you go to a physical store, they can place the order for you there and have you swipe your gift/PUR card to pay. Actually today I can't even add anything to the cart. Awesome online store.
Thanks for the reply. If it IS 30 days, I am far past that as Death Stranding was early November.... Do you happen to know if returning a pre-order hurts the employee too? Also if I trade in a guaranteed-to-love-it title (Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot) do you get the full amount including sales tax back in trade credit?

GameStop’s website re-design is such crap (who thought it was a good idea to require clicking “Load More” instead of just scrolling?!?!), and I just found out when attempting to checkout earlier today that the pre-owned 10% discount for Pro is gone too. Awesome.

Does anyone know if the B2G1 works in closing stores too?
It doesn't. They don't honor any other GameStop promotions (or sale pricing) at all.

There's a sign on the door that says "no GameStop promotions, no trade-ins, no returns." Two weeks back I was in the store when multiple people came in trying to do holiday returns and they were all turned away. The nearest store from that location is pretty far, too.

$5 extra credit for any game towards an upcoming game - with the FF7, P5, Show20,Doom in the picture.... Hopefully that means:

- you can trade more than one game per pre-ordered game

- you can keep receiving the +5 bonus once you go past the total pre-order value

- you can put the rest of the bonus on a trade card.

Hopefully it will work as expected and we can all unload some shitty ps/xb games  :beer: I calculated I have only about $575 out of $2000 rolling credit available, so that's like 45 games. Will be embarrassing to bring in that grocery bag full of games and then leave with them all. 

I have a Gamestop gift card (not trade credit) and since my elite discount is gone, I just want to cash it out. Do they still sell Amazon gift cards, and if so, can I still use that? I imagine the $10 offer is a no go though

Anyone know how long store pickup usually takes? Ordered early in the morning, and I get that stores only opened a little over 30 minutes ago, but my order still says preparing for pickup. Both items I ordered show OOS now on the app, so not sure if I got them or not.

Only asking because this is only the second store I've done pickup for. Both other times were at the same store and I almost immediately received a ready/cancellation email. Just debating whether or not to start making the drive over there now.
I've had it take as little as 30 min and as much as 7-8 hrs.

interesting game story from this morning trip.  When  checking me out a couple games with the b2g1 i saw someone picking up a new switch game.  The girl ringing the person up was new and trying to help out them out by mentioning they could get a used copy $5 cheaper.  Then i hear the supervisor call her over and say " don't tell them that....." which then then i could tell she was surprised but told the customer sry never mind about that (not her fault).  I was thinking what the hell is the big deal lol?  Then then when the supervisor was ringing me out i mentioned how it sucks you don't get the 10% or 20% discount anymore, which he goes on to say that people think the $5 coupon is better because it can be used on anything which i told him i disagree as the discount saved more in the long run.  I can see why people are say GS won't be around much longer.   

interesting game story from this morning trip. When checking me out a couple games with the b2g1 i saw someone picking up a new switch game. The girl ringing the person up was new and trying to help out them out by mentioning they could get a used copy $5 cheaper. Then i hear the supervisor call her over and say " don't tell them that....." which then then i could tell she was surprised but told the customer sry never mind about that (not her fault). I was thinking what the hell is the big deal lol? Then then when the supervisor was ringing me out i mentioned how it sucks you don't get the 10% or 20% discount anymore, which he goes on to say that people think the $5 coupon is better because it can be used on anything which i told him i disagree as the discount saved more in the long run. I can see why people are say GS won't be around much longer.
Some people are just absolutely brain dead as far as any kind of math, too. $5 is tangible somehow, whereas 10%, as easy as that is to many of us, is "I never got percents" to a lot of people and they don't even try.

Wow thats crazy. I assume at the quicker ones they had good training, and at the slower ones.... not so much.
Actually that's what I thought at 1st. It turned out that it wasn't the store that took long, it was actually they're system that took forever to process the order.

No it doesn't. Unless things have changed, I've had pre-orders that were open for several months that I eventually either cancelled or moved the money/credit over to something else.

This is the email I got. I'm going to call tomorrow to get a refund.
attachicon.gif
Screenshot_20200112-193229.png
What does that email say specifically in the terms? The picture is all washed out and I can't tell exactly what it says.

I was able to get a replacement for one of my canceled free game from the B2G2. Sucks that games went up or are not even available online. Luckily i found a game that i wanted.

B2G1 and B4/10/20 do not stack. B2G1 flips exist but are limited in quantity Switch Games only net $4 for a full set of $30 base ones. There are several titles in the $14.99 and $19.99 range that net good profit. UFC 3 has increased in price which was at $5 base and was a good B4/20. I was unable to cancel my membership but convinced the customer service representative that the lost deserved at least 15,000 in points which I felt was fair. 

Any good point or small margain flippers for the $5 bonus? I need to get a couple points on my account to redeem a 50k cert. A PM would be much appreciated. Thank you.

If the trade values don't drop, then the $5 trade will really help for selling some of your GBA games. Many of the values, if you add the $5, set those games at what they go for online. Check it out if you have some GBA games to want to sell off!

Had a Gamestop manager today denying me return/rebuys with b2g1 games. He said now the policy is you have to buy all 3 games in the same store. Unfortunately its the only way to get the combination of 3 games I'm trying to get near me is to buy 2 at one store and get the 3rd game at this store. WTF!!!

Had a Gamestop manager today denying me return/rebuys with b2g1 games. He said now the policy is you have to buy all 3 games in the same store. Unfortunately its the only way to get the combination of 3 games I'm trying to get near me is to buy 2 at one store and get the 3rd game at this store. WTF!!!
Return them, wait 10 minutes for them to go back into their system. Order for store pickup, wait 10 more minutes, pick up games, leave him a terrible review.

If the trade values don't drop, then the $5 trade will really help for selling some of your GBA games. Many of the values, if you add the $5, set those games at what they go for online. Check it out if you have some GBA games to want to sell off!
From an email I got earlier, advertising the weekly flyer:

[Regarding +5$ Bonus]:

** Offer valid for XB1, PS4, and Switch game trades towards reservations only. Game must have a minimum value of $2.00 to apply. Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.

Whether they hold to that, who knows.

Yeah that sucks on only current gen titles being eligible. Doesn't hurt to try but it's probably hard coded into the system.
They must have hired someone to kill elite and any discounts and just promote deals to the casual market.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

We may have seen our last $5 bonus on past gen when it happened last year...

Also the weekly ad hypes up the console trade in but values for most consoles haven't changed.

GameStop "ain't playin with foos no mo." Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back