2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
No it doesn't. Unless things have changed, I've had pre-orders that were open for several months that I eventually either cancelled or moved the money/credit over to something else.
Agreed. I've never heard of a 30 day time limit on pre-orders; although I guess it could vary by location.

I just moved a Destiny 2 preorder from 2017 over to a DBZ Kakarot pre-order last week to get do one last trade with my elite pro and didn't have any trouble doing so.

Values have held for the most part. This will be a good week. B2G1 and the 4/20 the flip train has arrived. Thanks for the spreadsheet.

Values have held for the most part. This will be a good week. B2G1 and the 4/20 the flip train has arrived. Thanks for the spreadsheet.
If I find out GameStop has cancelled my last preorder I haven’t picked up and have enough credit. Lmk what are some good flips. I’m disappointed in GameStop. No more elite discounts sucks

Had a Gamestop manager today denying me return/rebuys with b2g1 games. He said now the policy is you have to buy all 3 games in the same store. Unfortunately its the only way to get the combination of 3 games I'm trying to get near me is to buy 2 at one store and get the 3rd game at this store. WTF!!!
thats more of gamestops troubles, the employees, it would not have affected his circle of life numbers(or whatever its called now) in any way, you return 2 games, you buy 2, its a wash, yes you get the promo, but who cares, it should have been a no hassle deal, thats just piss poor customer service

Anyone know how long store pickup usually takes? Ordered early in the morning, and I get that stores only opened a little over 30 minutes ago, but my order still says preparing for pickup. Both items I ordered show OOS now on the app, so not sure if I got them or not.

Only asking because this is only the second store I've done pickup for. Both other times were at the same store and I almost immediately received a ready/cancellation email. Just debating whether or not to start making the drive over there now.
I've had it take up to 3 days

We may have seen our last $5 bonus on past gen when it happened last year...

Also the weekly ad hypes up the console trade in but values for most consoles haven't changed.

GameStop "ain't playin with foos no mo." Lol.
PS4 Pro went from $175 since before Christmas up to $250 with this ad. It won't get any higher.

Called in the other day to see if I could get a replacement for one of my B2G2 free games (DQ11) that was cancelled.  Rep said I could pick any used game that was $55...so I opted for Pokemon Sword.  Just got a shipment notification email yesterday, but it's completely blank and no order shows up in my order history.  Anyone actually successful in getting their replacements?

Ok couple questions here since I had Pro Elite till 2022.

Just put 3 preowned in my cart in the app and don’t see the extra 20% off discount and knew it was coming but now see everyone saying that GS has pulled the trigger on that sooner than later.

So then why does the app show I still get an extra 20% trade in credit? Does the extra 20% trade in still work in store or is the app just not updated to take that away too?

I also have some sort of welcome offer in my app for like $10 off anything in the store. Is this a welcome into a new card membership? Is the active offers section in the app where people are getting their bullsht $5 a month coupon? Are pro elite being automatically converted to the new program or do we need to pay another $15?

Called in the other day to see if I could get a replacement for one of my B2G2 free games (DQ11) that was cancelled. Rep said I could pick any used game that was $55...so I opted for Pokemon Sword. Just got a shipment notification email yesterday, but it's completely blank and no order shows up in my order history. Anyone actually successful in getting their replacements?
Same thing happened to me at the end of last week with Pokemon Shield, and I got a blank email as well. Hoping the game arrives in the mail sometime this week.

Called in the other day to see if I could get a replacement for one of my B2G2 free games (DQ11) that was cancelled. Rep said I could pick any used game that was $55...so I opted for Pokemon Sword. Just got a shipment notification email yesterday, but it's completely blank and no order shows up in my order history. Anyone actually successful in getting their replacements?
Same thing happened to me at the end of last week with Pokemon Shield, and I got a blank email as well. Hoping the game arrives in the mail sometime this week.
I've received a replacement. I ordered Killzone for Vita. Killzone Shadow Fall ( the GS cover art said "Killzone 4" LOL) arrived. CS service told me to keep it and they'd send the right game. I got it like 3 or 4 days later. I also sent back an NES game with a ripped label with a note on the packing slip asking for a new one. I also got that within a few days.

I think I lost about 3000 in points.  I could have sworn I had 18,xxx.  Now have 15,xxx.  Not 100% sure but think that is the case.  I didn't even think to check until others here mentioned it.  Will have to try and find my last receipt to see what it says and see.  I would usually use the 15,000 to renew for another year but don't think I will be doing that this year.  

Sounds like reward points are now tied to the GameStop stock price...
We'll eventually get to the point where the points themselves are more valuable.

Followed quickly by announcement of a new rewards program/partnership with RobinHood, wherein you earn increments of GS stock with every purchase made instead

I've fluctuated from 13,000 points to 8,000 in the last day. And of course I wanted to get a $15 preowned coupon for Fire Emblem Warriors DOTD today.

Is that FE price offered in store or online only?

I called again today about my elite pro and they told me that any refund would need to be processed in store.  I called a store for kicks and giggles and of course they said there's nothing they could do about it

Anyone do the +$5 trade in yet to see if they can get the bonus on multiple games towards a SINGLE Preorder and go past the preorder value?

Same here. Mario Bros Deluxe was canceled. Tried to replace with Luigis amd Mario Party, but they were out of stock. Wound up with Pokémon. Really hoping they're able to exchange in store because I don't want Pokémon lol.

I've fluctuated from 13,000 points to 8,000 in the last day. And of course I wanted to get a $15 preowned coupon for Fire Emblem Warriors DOTD today.
Is that FE price offered in store or online only?
Check the power up site. Mine is doing the same, but only in the app

Just to have a reference for this. Doubt this would be honored unless you managed to get an order in for store pickup but nice to see.

c82oO7O.png

damn, who said values held? i guess i have really bad luck, dont see one value on my saved trades that didnt go down. i had 3 that were $2 that dropped below the threshold for the extra $5. most of them are now below stealth bump levels even with the $5 bonus.

Cashed out my 50K in points for a $50 amazon GC...employee didn't think it would work but he gave it a try.  He was shocked to see it, but I wasn't.  This might be my last hurrah, I did put $5 down on RE:3 since I know I'll be getting it.  Was a fun ride while it lasted!

Anyone know how long the $5 bonus will last till? My 30 day ban should be coming up pretty soon. Wondering if I should wait or just trade it all in now without the pro boost...

Went from potentially $130 towards pre-orders to $35 with 360 games not being included. Now I'm stuck with a bunch of 360 games I'll never play that I bought for $1 at a closing GS.

Seems like they're just trying to liquidate their stock of last gen now, with no bonuses seemingly ever going to be offered. Is ebay the best place to sell them off? Or just wait until the next extra 50%?
360 games are tanking in value, faster than PS3.

As someone surmised earlier, it appears GS has hired someone to monitor actual values. GS is getting wise to how their prices are much higher than PriceCharting?

There are a few flips here and there, but for the most part, their specials are leaning to their favor, for a change. The existing flips I know about are only a few bucks per set of 3, with the big bonus being points. It's still shrimpy ..

If a store allows 2 sets of B2G1F on the same ticket, I guess that would qualify for the 4X point bonus (REQ: 4+games + pro renewal). Even then I don't know if it's 4X Pro points, or 4X base member points. If it's 4X Pro, then I suppose you get another year of PRO almost for free (or completely free), depending which games you flip.

Gains are small, in a nutshell.

$250 for a PS4 Pro is tempting. Haven't played it in awhile, but have been waiting on The Last of Us 2 for years now.
Even though I bought my Pro for $350 plus tax (September 2018), I would let it go for $250 if I knew PS5 would let me keep my digital library and not pull that stunt they did with the transition from PS3 to PS4.

I mean, seriously, do they expect us to spend tons of money digitally every gen and the games not transfer over? I guess people are doing this, but I don't get it. By the time PS7 rolls around where are you going to keep all those consoles?

I hate to be that guy... but have all of you that are losing points sure your account isn’t just on auto-redeem?
Now I have 16,xxx. My Pro is good until early June 2020 and I don't see anything listed in recent activity. 2000 or 3000 points wouldn't be enough to renew anyway.

damn, who said values held? i guess i have really bad luck, dont see one value on my saved trades that didnt go down. i had 3 that were $2 that dropped below the threshold for the extra $5. most of them are now below stealth bump levels even with the $5 bonus.
I wasn’t sure either since my SAVED TRADES showed a flat -20% drop across the board but figured it was a bug related to CSAC ending or not. If you search for trade values normally they are still the “ok” values.

All the stores don’t even know how the $5 promo works as they haven’t rung anyone up yet. I guess I will find out when I go there after work with a couple games

Confirmed that each game gets the $5 boost. I just traded in about 25 games valued at 2 dollars and put 5 bucks down on doom eternal and each one got bumped 5 bucks.

Only traded in current gen stuff so not sure about past gen, but others have stated those don’t work.

The dbz trade in 20% promo. Does anyone know if a preorder counts? Does the pro still give 10% extra? If you trade in multiple games, do you only have to preorder one game to get 5 each?

Confirmed that each game gets the $5 boost. I just traded in about 25 games valued at 2 dollars and put 5 bucks down on doom eternal and each one got bumped 5 bucks.

Only traded in current gen stuff so not sure about past gen, but others have stated those don’t work.
So you didn't have to preorder multiple games to get the bump on multiple trades. That's good to know.

Agreed. I've never heard of a 30 day time limit on pre-orders; although I guess it could vary by location.

I just moved a Destiny 2 preorder from 2017 over to a DBZ Kakarot pre-order last week to get do one last trade with my elite pro and didn't have any trouble doing so.
GS's official stance is that any pre-order not completed after 30 days gets sent back to store credit / gift cards, regardless of the payment method (cash, debit, credit card, etc..)... the end result is store credit.

https://care.gamestop.com/search?q=pre-order%20policy

I still seem to recall GS erasing pre-orders after 30 days.

But...

From GS's HelpDesk:

Pre-order Deposit Policy

Pre-order deposit (“Reservation”) for the amount stated above is redeemable toward purchase of reserved product above. To redeem, pay remaining balance of product (plus any tax) at the store where Reservation was placed when the product releases (“Release Date”). Reservation is cancellable before or up to 30 days after Release Date to: receive your money (or original form of tender; e.g., a gift card or store credit) back, apply Reservation to a new reservation-eligible product, or use the Reservation as store credit. Reservations not redeemed or cancelled within 30 days after Release Date are automatically converted into non-expiring store credit redeemable only for merchandise from GameStop; no cash redemption or refunds except as required by law. No fees are charged against the balance of Reservation. If used without your permission, Reservation will not be replaced. Placing this Reservation constitutes acceptance of its terms and conditions. Reservation is issued by and represents solely an obligation of Marketing Control Services, Inc. Terms and conditions are subject to change. Questions? Please call 1-800-883-8895.

It's always up to an employee as to how this gets handled. It's not automated, from what I understand. Employees deal directly with the backlog of unclaimed pre-order deposits. For good, or for worse (employee theft is a big downer - pep in the past have gotten in trouble for siphoning customers "old" deposits [making them disappear] .. near all customers never notice, cuz deposits are super old).

Best bet: reclaim your deposit assets if you no longer need them.

It's current gen, XB1, or PS4, so yes...

The trade vs cost is miserable though .. :(
I meant, "if I trade my games towards the dbz game, will it trigger the $5 bump?" Im only asking because I understand that it also triggers a 20% trade in towards the game, so I was wanting my 360 and ps3 games to get a lil bump during the transaction as well.

No it doesn't. Unless things have changed, I've had pre-orders that were open for several months that I eventually either cancelled or moved the money/credit over to something else.
Edit: Nevermind I see others have quoted the new policy direct from the site now.

I wasn’t sure either since my SAVED TRADES showed a flat -20% drop across the board but figured it was a bug related to CSAC ending or not. If you search for trade values normally they are still the “ok” values.

All the stores don’t even know how the $5 promo works as they haven’t rung anyone up yet. I guess I will find out when I go there after work with a couple games
wow, thank you, didnt even notice that it was showing the cash values as trade right now.

I meant, "if I trade my games towards the dbz game, will it trigger the $5 bump?" Im only asking because I understand that it also triggers a 20% trade in towards the game, so I was wanting my 360 and ps3 games to get a lil bump during the transaction as well.
Unless I'm seeing things:

It says:

Offer valid from 12/30/19 - 2/2/20.

20% Extra Credit Toward Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot when you trade your games

Offer valid 12/3/19 - 2/2/20 for game trades only. Credit must be applied toward the pre-order or purchase of a new copy of Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order. Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.

I guess GS means you get 20% towards the PURCHASE of DBZ:Kakarot, when you pre-order Star Wars. (you gotta walk out of the store with DBZ in your hands to get this promo)

If you don't believe me, go to the trade site for GS, then click details on the 20% DBZ bonus. I took a double look myself, thinking I was mis-linking something.

Keywords: TOWARD, meaning you gotta buy the game. They don't use "pre-order" anywhere.

I'd love to hear I'm wrong though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back