2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Traded a bunch on ps4 games towards RE3 and values held from this past weekend. Received an extra $5 for each. These games were trading at ebay prices so Im happy.

It's smarter to wait until the next 50% for the last gen ones.
EDIT: forgot last gen don't qualify for the $5 bump on this promo, so you're right.

Old nonsense:
$5 bump is better if the game's TIV is between $2 and $12 or so. At $12, the 20% bonus with the $5 bump gets to $12.40+$5 == $17.40 while a the 50% bonus on 12 is $18. For everything less, the $5 bump is better.

Oh yeah, to keep everyone up to date, the +$5 promotion is only for XB1, PS4, and Switch titles.

(Saw hopefuls above ... sorry!)

.. it was in a disclaimer sent yesterday advertising the promotion, and other users are already confirming old gen is a no-go.

I paid $1 for these ps3 games, they already trade in for more than double what I paid. I just wanted to know if I can get the $5 bonus when purchasing DBZ so that I can just trade everything current gen and last gen that I have towards a copy. OR If not then ill just preorder something else. 

I paid $1 for these ps3 games, they already trade in for more than double what I paid. I just wanted to know if I can get the $5 bonus when purchasing DBZ so that I can just trade everything current gen and last gen that I have towards a copy. OR If not then ill just preorder something else.
If the promotion requires a preorder, then no, it shouldn’t work. It would definitely be easier to just put $5 on something than continue to ask here, as you’ll just get that guy posting long winded replies to you which end up never saying anything useful.

Unless it's a system glitch, you can't pre-order a game that already came out.

Just put $5 on some future crappy game, buy DBZ with credit, and move the $5 to a game you actually want?

If the promotion requires a preorder, then no, it shouldn’t work. It would definitely be easier to just put $5 on something than continue to ask here, as you’ll just get that guy posting long winded replies to you which end up never saying anything useful.
/sigh

You're mean.

Unless it's a system glitch, you can't pre-order a game that already came out.

Just put $5 on some future crappy game, buy DBZ with credit, and move the $5 to a game you actually want?
Maybe ill just trade in my under $2 current gen and last gen toward DBZ to get that 20% boost. Then trade in $5 boost games toward a new game. Then return DBZ at another store to get my credit back.

3DS and Vita should be considered current gen in perpetuity. Or Wii U of you consider Switch a handheld foremost.

So did they officially send out the $5 coupons for PUR members? Or did we get any clarification as to where they are? Not sure where to look for them. 

Probably none of those, as all three are well known franchises. G2L is for *new* games that truly don't have any notoriety in gaming.
Some of the last games to be G2L from 2019 were

Pokemon Sword/Shield

Death Stranding

Luigi's Mansion 3

WWE 2K20

COD: Modern Warfare

Mario & Sonic at the Olympics

You could pretty much guarantee 4 of those 6 entries were going to be massive sellers; only WWE and Mario & Sonic would be considered risky; and even then, both of those are established as well.

Does the store take a hit on their stats if you take advantage of the G2L promo?  Manager is usually ok but when I traded back the Kakarot he started giving me the evil eye lol.

The +$5/game was a fiasco. The SL required me to put all of the bonus towards a pre-owned game, so with 50 games = $250 worth of preowned I had to put down, which was fun to say "I'll take this, and that, and that" - because we both knew I'd be cancelled in a week or 5. 

Called in the other day to see if I could get a replacement for one of my B2G2 free games (DQ11) that was cancelled. Rep said I could pick any used game that was $55...so I opted for Pokemon Sword. Just got a shipment notification email yesterday, but it's completely blank and no order shows up in my order history. Anyone actually successful in getting their replacements?
Yes, received in 2 days, pristine condition pok sword and lets go evee (replaced $0 nsmbu and ghostbusters), blank picture shipping email for both games. this was early last week for a xmas order and a thanksgiving order.

Some of the last games to be G2L from 2019 were

Pokemon Sword/Shield
Death Stranding
Luigi's Mansion 3
WWE 2K20
COD: Modern Warfare
Mario & Sonic at the Olympics

You could pretty much guarantee 4 of those 6 entries were going to be massive sellers; only WWE and Mario & Sonic would be considered risky; and even then, both of those are established as well.
Days gone was G2L and with the negative reviews I would say that one was risky too, even though I loved the game.

I emailed CS about not receiving a $10 coupon for them downgrading my Elite to Pro and they sent me a code for $10 off any physical item online, must be $9.99 and above.

So, what do you think the likely upcoming G2L games are going to be - Animal Crossing and Doom? Maybe MLB the Show?
About a month ago a SL told me that they were going to start doing it for most new games. While I don't necessarily believe that, those 3 are definitely solid choices.

Are they still doing birthday coupons?  My birthday is in a week and I'm not entirely sure what has changed with Pro memberships.

Called in the other day to see if I could get a replacement for one of my B2G2 free games (DQ11) that was cancelled. Rep said I could pick any used game that was $55...so I opted for Pokemon Sword. Just got a shipment notification email yesterday, but it's completely blank and no order shows up in my order history. Anyone actually successful in getting their replacements?
Thank you for posting about this! Just had a quick call with customer service about one of my cancelled games and have a replacement on the way, I'm shocked at how easy it was!

I still had another order where I was charged for one game and the other three were cancelled, but I just returned that game.

damn i goofed by not realizing there's a +$5 bonus when I was shopping at soon-to-be-closed gamestop. At 90% used ps4/xb1 games i would have flipped everything that i could find with $2 TIV. 

Is it confirmed that the 4/20 flips are still going on? Just want to make sure before I do some flips on Tuesday or Wednesday.

Edit: Nevermind I see others have quoted the new policy direct from the site now.
Well shit. In the past I defended GS, saying they're not being that bad, but I can't help but be in agreement with all the naysayers now. Why even change stuff like this (being able to leave pre-orders open pretty much forever), unless it's always been like this.

Are they 90% off now? Chances are you wouldn't find anything above a $1 now anyways.
Preowned were 90%. New XB1 were 80%. New PS4 were 70%. New Systems were 60%. Whatever was left of pre-owned systems was 50%.

I got a XB1 bundle for 200 + tax and paid with trade credit. Unfortunately trade credit didn't reduce sales tax like I was expecting. I already flipped the system right back to GS for 200 cash.

Is it confirmed that the 4/20 flips are still going on? Just want to make sure before I do some flips on Tuesday or Wednesday.
I still saw the signs up tonight when I traded in some games, and I last took advantage of it Friday. The games I traded in were many from the recent months that were around $3 base value. Most of them held up, while a few of them have dropped to $2.50 base. These were all PS4 titles.

I cleared out 38 titles the other day at 80% with $2 TIV+ for about $150 in credit, traded for $380+ credit today so stores do still have stuff laying around
Nice. I only picked up $1 games at my closing stores. Traded most of them in today for close to $450 in credit. spent roughly $150 and kept a bunch of games for myself.

Off topic, but we don't have weekly Best Buy threads anymore so. My GCU ends today, and I didn't get the 25% off email until hours before the end. Barely had time to make the most of it.

Preowned were 90%. New XB1 were 80%. New PS4 were 70%. New Systems were 60%. Whatever was left of pre-owned systems was 50%.

I got a XB1 bundle for 200 + tax and paid with trade credit. Unfortunately trade credit didn't reduce sales tax like I was expecting. I already flipped the system right back to GS for 200 cash.
My store is still at 80% and more importantly hasn't taken trade credit since starting their closing sale

What is going on with the points fluctuations? It just started happening to me too and I lost $5 worth of points. It's worrying that it seems to be affecting increasingly more users. Keep an eye on your totals, people.

Some values have sadly dropped and the exclusion of retro screwed me hard. Got so many returns to make. If anyone wants access to my list just like my post or PM me. I am sure other users have better ones though.

Anyone have issues saving trade values in the app? I deleted 10 down to 75 but it still won't let me save any.
Yea, teh app and website lists seemed to be separate before, but now they looked to have merged but half the time you can't access - or worse, they show the cash value instead of the credit value which makes you think all the prices dropped. I use some OOS switch game like Smash Brothers to get a sanity check.... if its under $30 base, its probably showing the cash value.

Preowned Smash (3DS), Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon all $12 today for the Deal of the Day, so you can get the three for $24 plus tax. Pretty solid deal if you don’t have them (I don’t) and I hadn’t seen it mentioned.

Everybody saying they were buying Xbox Series X through Microsoft made good points and I think that's what I am going to do now. A couple questions. Is there a limit to how many Xbox gift cards I can buy at a time at GS? Can I use reward certificates to buy them? 

Weird how dead this thread is right now now that there is no more Pro / Elite Pro discount. Got a B2G1, $5 trade in bonus and 4 for $20 going on, yet this thread is moving much slower than normal. Weird.

Sheet has been updated for the b2g1. Might be better to wait until Friday in case of stealth bump so theres a larger variety.

All the $10 and under games are good now though with the 4 for 20.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/135GasN3rVncRGqxuiet5-10BNhKGnEsHZE0hGNdNnvs/edit#gid=789385920
Thank you for the work you put in and sharing this!

But, your calculations for the cost per game of the 4 for $20 games are off. You're showing each costing $6.66, when they should only be $5. That in turn also throws off your profitability column.

Thank you for the work you put in and sharing this!

But, your calculations for the cost per game of the 4 for $20 games are off. You're showing each costing $6.66, when they should only be $5. That in turn also throws off your profitability column.
Yea I didn't bother adding in more columns. the 4 for 20 are more profitable than the rest, so if you see it, go for it.

Weird how dead this thread is right now now that there is no more Pro / Elite Pro discount. Got a B2G1, $5 trade in bonus and 4 for $20 going on, yet this thread is moving much slower than normal. Weird.
I'm surprised they haven't done a tiered trade in (trade in 6 games for a 50% bonus) for a while now. Like others have mentioned, I think they want to do away with taking PS3/Xbox360 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back