2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
How has the N64 cartridge quality been of late? I'm noodling that n64 adapter with 2 free games. thanks!
I've only bought a few cause most are never in stock but I've actually been pretty happy with the quality. I've been waiting for any good reason to buy this adapter myself (i.e. something to not make it $150) and this deal was it for me. Grabbed Mario Party 2 and Mario Kart 64 with it cause those games regularly sell for like $35 on ebay so I'll use that to supplement the cost of the adapter. Unfortunately had no games I didn't already own in stock and worth using for this deal (I.e. I didn't want my 2 free games to be $3 sports games from 1999).

So when I travel for work I always try to look up retro gaming stores or local comic stores to visit, just a "thing" to do when in new cities. The number one problem with the retro stores is that they mostly have the same stock at every store. (Pink Gorilla in Seattle being the rare exception).  Gamestop's size could really balance that out if they went into the retro market. Though from what I've seen their TIV for retro games doesn't line up too well with cost ($15 TIV for Super Smash brothers 64 which they sell for $80). 

there used to be a limit across ALL POSA gift cards... i think it was 1k/day ? I thought they lowered that limit recently, but not sure what it is at now.
Most retailers have limits (albeit high) on gift cards to curb money laundering via gift card

What was the verdict on cancelled store pickup orders paid with gift cards? I got a cancellation email, which at the bottom says I'll be getting a new gift card for the refund. Can I trust that? I don't mind waiting for it to arrive or for the funds to reappear on the gift card that I used - I just don't want to have to chase after it.

What was the verdict on cancelled store pickup orders paid with gift cards? I got a cancellation email, which at the bottom says I'll be getting a new gift card for the refund. Can I trust that? I don't mind waiting for it to arrive or for the funds to reappear on the gift card that I used - I just don't want to have to chase after it.
Should mail you a new gift card in the mail in about a week. Keep an eye out for a "Your order has shipped" email with no body text. Envelope will come from GS Fulfillment in Grapevine, Texas.

If you don't get that empty email indicating a refund you might have to call up. That happened to me. They put a hold on the funds and didn't release it for over a week. I had to call 3 times. It's funny because for refunds it's always a hassle but for game replacements or damaged games their customer service is excellent.

Does anyone know if the $5 bonus applies to ANY game preorder, or only to the games shown in the ad?

Definitely thinking about purchasing new Doom and/or MLB 2020, but I’d like to use the $5 bonuses on Darksiders: Genesis or Yakuza Complete Collection (Both release next month). I could call my store and ask, but I trust my CAGs.

Does anyone know if the $5 bonus applies to ANY game preorder, or only to the games shown in the ad?

Definitely thinking about purchasing new Doom and/or MLB 2020, but I’d like to use the $5 bonuses on Darksiders: Genesis or Yakuza Complete Collection (Both release next month). I could call my store and ask, but I trust my CAGs.
It should be any pre-order. In fact, I pre-ordered the Yakuza Collection & the Bayonetta & Vanquish Bundle using the $5 bonus. Also, it's not limited to just one game per pre-order, you can use multiple games + bonus for each on a single pre-order. I'm basically getting both for no money out of pocket (besides some tax).

The local closing GameStops last day is tomorrow.

They sold all remaining consoles they had today.

New Xbox one X’s were $150
New Xbox one S’s we’re $90
The digital Xbox one s were $62

Preowned Xbox one s 500gb was $63
And a preowned Xbox one x was probably the best deal of all at $105

New Games etc were not further reduced (still at 70%) which I thought was really strange but I guess try to get rid of the big stuff first.

New Games etc were not further reduced (still at 70%) which I thought was really strange but I guess try to get rid of the big stuff first.
That's crazy. Why wouldn't they just ship everything over to a different store or back to the warehouse

The ones around here don't close until Sunday. Might have to take another trip around just incase, even though I really didnt want to and hoped nothing would tempt me further knowing everything is probably gone already and that I already bought everything I wanted, but that's just too good not to check out.
The ones in my area were originally going to close Sunday, but it was actually decided earlier this week to switch it to Friday instead.

Yeah, $500 has been the conventional wisdom forever, but I have had issues of all kinds with odd limits, too. During the B2G1 I got a trade credit exceeded notice on one account in the same day, about 20 minutes between trades at 2 different stores, and I was only at about $180 total. So, weird things apply.
Ha one happen to me with the same thing but after a $70 trade total

At a local store 2 days ago all used games were 90%, PS4 new was 70% and Xbox1 new was 80%. Now the kicker was none of the signs were changed, they all said 60-70% off. It wasn’t until I asked an employee that they told me those were the actual discounts and they rang up as such

Houston, TX store added to the list of closing stores.

2496 - South Houston, TX - Windsor Gardens, 1618 Spencer Hwy.

Houston, TX store added to the list of closing stores.

2496 - South Houston, TX - Windsor Gardens, 1618 Spencer Hwy.
Closing Sunday or just announced?

I seen a local reseller with a switch kiosk for sale I figured they got it from GameStop this was 2 weeks ago.

It’s going on thru next week at least. Supposedly it might last all year or will be a standard promo.

Next week ad available for viewing now - +5 towards preorder still going to continue but B2G1 and “4x points” won’t be.

https://gamestop.a.bigcontent.io/v1/static/OLFSI_012620
That promo is supposed to run until the Feb 2nd according to the app, $5 bonus will not kick in towards Digital Pre-orders. Just had the biggest headache trading in at my home store but the Store leader/Manager (dunno the GS terminology) voided army transaction and let me redo the trade in to get the bonus $5 on like 18 games. Not all of GS is bad. I just have a lot of preorders now that I may or may not pick up. Gonna try to switch them to digital preorders.

I havent seen the answer here but has anybody confirmed that 100% of the credit needs to go towards preorder to get the $5 bonus? Or will preordering 1 game trigger the bonus?

Only 1 game needed to trigger the bonus. You can put 1 penny if you want but I always put down $5. You can trade in multiple games under the same preorder to get the bonus.

Hey quick question:

I ended up with two PS4 bundles. I opened the one I purchased at Walmart and have been using it for a while, but got another as a gift (since then) from Gamestop. Since I've been adding stuff for a month I would rather return the console I just got rather than prepping the original for return (and then reloading everything again).

Is there any hope that I can return a new, unopened identical bundle to Walmart for a refund or are they, as I suspect, tracking serial numbers?

Thanks!

how hard is it to cancel pre orders ? do they give you a hard time?
That depends but I don't have trouble personally. I just tell them I'm cancelling my preorder, there is nothing I want to put it on and I don't want to preorder something else. They hear that and don't continue to attempt to upsell you.

Just remember that it's your money so they shouldn't be trying to stop you from getting your money back.

I got the $5 coupon in my active offers and it expires at the end of the month.  Can I use it online or is in-store only?

Fine print isn't quite clear to me.  Thanks ahead.

Hey guys is CAG16 dead? I tried to use it with B2G1 but it doesn't work?

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
Dead-Its-dead-Jim.jpg

Would an associate have an issue if I change my physical copy preorders to digital?
They shouldn't. Numbers wise, it's a wash for them.

This new pro thing really sucks if you want games. I think I'll just get a $4.97 clearance collectible each month. Also, my store had orange signs that said "extra 10% trade credit" from 1/21-1/31. Not sure what that is about

Shouldn't, it's a non-sale for them (taking a cancel but gaining a reserve)
Been waiting for Resident Evil 3 to hit digital
Remember retailers are no longer allowed on PlayStation to see full game downloads; just DLC, & currency/PS Plus membership cards.

If it’s XBox then I have no idea when that will shop up, if at all.

They shouldn't. Numbers wise, it's a wash for them.

This new pro thing really sucks if you want games. I think I'll just get a $4.97 clearance collectible each month. Also, my store had orange signs that said "extra 10% trade credit" from 1/21-1/31. Not sure what that is about
If you don’t do any other trade credit promo, all no matter PUR or not customers get 10% extra trade credit, & an additional 10% more if you add on one of those rubber piggy phone stands for $.97.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back