2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
At a store closing. Called yesterday and they said today is their last day and everything should be 90% off. We'll see if that's true though.

aKw6LXl.jpg
Wow, and it was a Prestige store too. A few other CAGs mentioned their Prestige stores were also closing. It would have made more sense if they had shipped there high value stuff to other stores instead of selling it at a lose. I guess someone running Gamestop went to shoot-yourself-in-the-foot business school.

Does anyone know if all the trade credit + bonus needs to be used on a pre-order or can any remaining credit after a pre-order be applied to an already released game? Also, has anyone tried trading in any Vita games?

Does anyone know if all the trade credit + bonus needs to be used on a pre-order or can any remaining credit after a pre-order be applied to an already released game? Also, has anyone tried trading in any Vita games?
No. Try and put just $5 down and then walk off with the rest.

don't even talk about the bonus when you are trading in, just act like you are doing them a favor preordering a game and let the POS do its thing. know what your total should be before going in and pay attention to the pinpad. hell, i even gave them a gpg.

HOLY SMOKES, and here I am with $25 Gamestop credit to burn..

any suggestions? 

Right now jus to burn the credit, I have  Injustice 2 for $20   or Mario Rabids for $20

If it helps new Switch owners, family of 4, and only game we have is Mario Cart 8 and whole family LOVES IT! 

hmm, open to accessories too, as in better way to charge these 4 new controllers.. 

let me know what yal think..

Gon go shover these 6" we jus got hit with and then check the post and OFF to Gamestop I go!

oNe

I traded in Left 4 dead 2 (360) this past Monday and did not get the $5 bonus. Maybe they adjusted the promo to include all games after that day?

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk
I think originally the bonus was only for current-gen items, but sometime towards the end of the week, the system got corrupted to allow other older systems to receive the +$5 bonus.

I tried it today for PS3 games and it worked. The SL was like oh wow, those PS3 games still get $7, $8? I just shrugged, "I guess they are still popular". (I suppose the SL didn't notice the bonus portions)

The games under $2.00 instead got the extra 10% promo bonus this week (so under $2.00 = base +10% pro +10% promotion. The extra 10% promotion does not stack with any game using the $5 bonus. The pro does stack with everything

+$5 bonus is extended for another week, as others have mentioned. 4/20 (in the current flyer) is being advertised, so pickings might become slim, as signs around going back up, even though it was still in full swing, for a good while.

May have been answered already, don't usually follow the thread, but can the $5 monthly reward from Pro be used for eshop cards? I went in and used mine today on a figure, and asked for future reference, but was told they do not know yet.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Almost done for the day. Had to separate the games I got for trades so headed to a store to trade all those in. I spent $700 on mainly used and new games, everything being 90% off. Will post some receipts of my savings later when I get back.

Ah so you’re the one who cleared out the one at Barrett Pkwy. I cleared out the one at Roswell Road at 10am for $75 and immediately traded all the stuff for $240. Also got a couple extra games to trade and an all digital XB1S for $75. Then I went to Barrett Pkwy to check if they had games but they were all o it and said someone bought everything. Can’t wait for more closures
Not sure what area you're in but don't know of any Barretts or Roswells in my town.

I did clean out the 3 (found another that was closing) in my area though. Think that's it for closings in my area for now unless I missed some others.

Just went to trade in a bunch of games (360, PS3, ds, vita). Preordered Cyberpunk and they all got the $5 bonus. Thanks for the heads up!

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

Anyone trade in some Wii games to see if they get the +$5 bonus? 

Don't forget last day for B2G1. Most stores have a good stock of Switch games for those stocking up  :beer:

What are G2L games?
Guaranteed to love it. The new release ones you can return for $59.99 credit by end of day Sunday when purchased on Friday release. You lose out on the sales tax, but it's a good way to convert some certificates to store credit, which doesn't expire, whereas the certs do. Personally I just do Amazon for everything because I can buy anything I need with it.

Just reporting in. Traded in some n64 and GameCube games today that all got the $5 bonus. Retro bonus confirmed.

Does anyone know which day of the week trade values update these days?

Also, current and last gen games I traded got the $5 bump and the 10% plPro bump, however the retro games I traded (specifically PS2) only got the $5 bonus and not Pro 10%. All games were traded in one transaction.

I'm back! Here to oversee the end of the Gamestop trading era I suppose.

Just to clear a few things up...I'm not sure why I was banned. I did reach out to Cheapy D through email and discord but I have never received any answer whatsoever as to why I was banned. My best guess is that since I was mega banned with all posts removed at the same time GS Dave or whoever was being banned yet again from the GS thread that a mod got careless and banned me as well by mistake. (Which makes it even worse that he got to spoof my name and keep coming back.)

Anyways, thanks to everyone who asked about me and got them to finally allow me back. I just wanna talk games and help people get deals.

I finally crossed the million point mark while getting the last out of GS before elite pro ended, so for that I need to thank everyone else in this thread from 2 years back who first showed me how to do all this stuff. You really helped me out a lot.

I did manage to get a Switch Lite at a clearance store for 120 so that was a good score. Glad to see everyone is cleaning up and these closings.

Chicagoland stores were all supposed to officially close tomorrow but apparently some guy came in early today and liquidated them all. Good for him I guess. Sucks for the ppl that didn’t go today though and wanted to get deals tomorrow. Luckily I randomly went to one store and bought out their remaining current gen games. Can’t wait for the next round of closing stores though :)

Re: the pre-order $5 trade-in bonus...what's to stop me from doing this deal then canceling the pre-order later? My GCU is expiring in a week (RIP), but am pre-ordering everything I want for the year through BB while it's still active. Don't think I'll need to keep any pre-orders I make through GS for now. But, the sweet $5 trade-in could come in handy on some older PS3, 360, WiiU, & Wii games....

Side Note: No store closures in Oregon or Washington State yet. Interesting.

Hmmm...just logged into my Gamestop.com account for the first time in months. I hadn't seen the updated website design yet. It seems...pretty good I guess. However, I have a couple questions for y'all:

1) What happened to my Wish List? Did they simply delete this feature?

2) How do I print out a coupon? I can't seem to find a way to print out the $5 monthly coupon or the PowerUp Rewards Membership Renewal coupons? 

Thanks!

Hmmm...just logged into my Gamestop.com account for the first time in months. I hadn't seen the updated website design yet. It seems...pretty good I guess. However, I have a couple questions for y'all:

1) What happened to my Wish List? Did they simply delete this feature?

2) How do I print out a coupon? I can't seem to find a way to print out the $5 monthly coupon or the PowerUp Rewards Membership Renewal coupons?

Thanks!
“active offers”. If you have them, they’ll be there.

Re: the pre-order $5 trade-in bonus...what's to stop me from doing this deal then canceling the pre-order later? My GCU is expiring in a week (RIP), but am pre-ordering everything I want for the year through BB while it's still active. Don't think I'll need to keep any pre-orders I make through GS for now. But, the sweet $5 trade-in could come in handy on some older PS3, 360, WiiU, & Wii games....
Nothing is stopping you, except the goodwill of the store you're shopping at. Some stores have prevented people from making other pre orders after they do this. I try to always roll mine over into a game I might want. Cancelling en masse is sure to get their attention though.

Saw a lot of drops overnight on PS4/XB1 games that I had bought new at 70%/80% off and held back on trading... I should have just traded them immediately 

The promos page now specifies NSW/XB1/PS4 games getting the $5 trade in bonus... Let's see when the system changes back to not counting retro/prev gen games. I'm going to trade as much as I can tomorrow and just sit on the trade credit.

Just checking in to also confirm the retro $5 bonus. I traded in Nintendo NES and XB360 games and they all got the $5 bump (+ 10% Pro) towards my RE3 preorder.

Just to clear a few things up...I'm not sure why I was banned. I did reach out to Cheapy D through email and discord but I have never received any answer whatsoever as to why I was banned. My best guess is that since I was mega banned with all posts removed at the same time GS Dave or whoever was being banned yet again from the GS thread that a mod got careless and banned me as well by mistake. (Which makes it even worse that he got to spoof my name and keep coming back.)

Anyways, thanks to everyone who asked about me and got them to finally allow me back. I just wanna talk games and help people get deals.

I finally crossed the million point mark while getting the last out of GS before elite pro ended, so for that I need to thank everyone else in this thread from 2 years back who first showed me how to do all this stuff. You really helped me out a lot.

I did manage to get a Switch Lite at a clearance store for 120 so that was a good score. Glad to see everyone is cleaning up and these closings.
He lives! I was starting to think you were gadave... Kidding of course.

Good to have you back Omni

I've been missing random transactions over the past few months. Now, I went from 2,300 active points to -992 over 2 days. I called in and they submit a ticket to review my account. I was fixed by the next day. The points I had plus the ones is been missing.

Super weird situation. Glad I called.

ALL GAME TYPES GET THE $5 BONUS w/ preorder. Hopefully, they don’t fix this before Monday.
Yep, that's when I suspect a good portion of a lot of people's supposed rolling $2000 credit limit frees up from all the B2G2 flips after Christmas!

Maybe values will even tick back up after the weekend...

Do they still frown about trading 2 of the same game even if it’s automatic refurbish fee? Is it ymmv? Wouldn’t the refurb fee be good for them....do they ever turn down discs for being hella scratched? I have a big lot of games that would get the bonus.

A lot of 3ds games that were 6.60 went down to 5.50 today.

Do they still frown about trading 2 of the same game even if it’s automatic refurbish fee? Is it ymmv? Wouldn’t the refurb fee be good for them....do they ever turn down discs for being hella scratched? I have a big lot of games that would get the bonus.

Are they two of the same game from the same console? If thats the case the POS may not even allow it and if the POS does allow it that would be very YMMV.

Almost done for the day. Had to separate the games I got for trades so headed to a store to trade all those in. I spent $700 on mainly used and new games, everything being 90% off. Will post some receipts of my savings later when I get back.

Not sure what area you're in but don't know of any Barretts or Roswells in my town.

I did clean out the 3 (found another that was closing) in my area though. Think that's it for closings in my area for now unless I missed some others.
I’m in Atlanta, sorry that store looks EXACTLY like one in my town, even the bushes out front.

Are they two of the same game from the same console? If thats the case the POS may not even allow it and if the POS does allow it that would be very YMMV.
Yes same console doubles of the same game ...I’m gonna try it out tomorrow I’ll post my results

I’m trying to mix them in but I don’t want to seem shady. So I’ll probably just be honest and tell them I have doubles and if they want them or not. The Wii games I got will catch refurb fees tho so I thought that that helps their numbers and they wouldn’t mind taking the trades.

I know in the past people have had success trading in Fallout 4 and getting the $5 boost even though the base value was $1.50; has anyone tried this time, and is that still the case?

I know in the past people have had success trading in Fallout 4 and getting the $5 boost even though the base value was $1.50; has anyone tried this time, and is that still the case?
Would like to know as well

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I don't think anyone ever did that.

However, in early November the TIV for Fallout 4 (ps4) went up to $2.00, but for some reason wasn't automatically applying the $5 promo bonus.

Several people, including myself were able to get them manually adjust it ("shows promotion not found" on receipt) which was great because it actually applied the Elite 20% bonus to the $5 bump netting an extra $1.

The POS allows it, but it heavily depends on the employee. My local store considers me a regular and has no problem allowing me to trade in 2 of the same game. However, I recommend just trading them at a different store because the company policy is to only allow one copy.

“active offers”. If you have them, they’ll be there.
Thanks! I see them under active offers but unlike the old system I don't see a way to print out an actual "coupon". What I do see is a "Code: 10 digits - 8 digits" for each active offer? Did they eliminate the actual printable coupons & just go with codes that we tell or show the sales associate at Gamestop?

Nothing is stopping you, except the goodwill of the store you're shopping at. Some stores have prevented people from making other pre orders after they do this. I try to always roll mine over into a game I might want. Cancelling en masse is sure to get their attention though.
Thanks! I might go ahead & pre-order RE3 or maybe the special/collector's edition of...something...hmmm...maybe Doom Eternal if they have them available. Best Buy just shows "Coming Soon"...

Sorry if this has been covered, but I know promotions working together is iffy at best. Does the extra 10% work with the 5 extra dollars for a pre order? If I were trading links awakening, would it be 30+3 for pro+3 for 10% promo + 5 for preorder = 41.00?

Thanks! I see them under active offers but unlike the old system I don't see a way to print out an actual "coupon". What I do see is a "Code: 10 digits - 8 digits" for each active offer? Did they eliminate the actual printable coupons & just go with codes that we tell or show the sales associate at Gamestop?
Once you put in your phone number they can see all the codes on your account. You'll see them pop up on the card swiper pin pad thing and they just click them off towards your purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back