2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know if there’s a GS page with a list of what all one can preorder right now? I googled it and got some weird list with 1,800 items, most of them PC, so that can’t be right.

Does anyone know if there’s a GS page with a list of what all one can preorder right now? I googled it and got some weird list with 1,800 items, most of them PC, so that can’t be right.
Just check the "coming soon" release date filter. example:

https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/switch/games?prefn1=isPreorder&prefv1=Coming%20Soon

You can pre-order games without "real" release dates - they just put 12/31. Like with Doom Eternal & Xenoblade Chronicles DE for switch.

Does the 4 for $10/$20 not work online or for retro games? Trying to do it on some retro games, but it's not working.
Doesn't work online period currently. Very rarely does that promo ever work online. They pick and choose when it does which is like once maybe twice in the last year. Around the holidays it worked for a short time.

I called GameStop customer service today regarding the $5 not being on my PUR account. I was told that because I renewed before November 8th that I would not get the $5 a month until February 1st. I stated that was false advertising and that there was no mention of that happening. He then stated I should have received a $10 off coupon, which is another thing I didn’t know about. He said he forwarded my case to be looked at for the $10 coupon. I asked to speak to a supervisor about my $5, to which he stated they would tell me the same thing. I insisted, and was told I wouldn’t be able to talk to one today and would have to call back another day. I insisted again and got transferred to a woman with an Indian accent. I informed her of the situation and she assured me I would be receiving TWO $5 coupons on February 1st. One for January and one for February.
We shall see.

$5 on EVERY game with $2 base with preorder. I traded in ds games Wii games 3ds 360 and I threw in 1 Xbox one game just Incase it was needed to trigger. The employee was shocked out of his mind looked at the signage and said wow!

Sweet deal

I called GameStop customer service today regarding the $5 not being on my PUR account. I was told that because I renewed before November 8th that I would not get the $5 a month until February 1st. I stated that was false advertising and that there was no mention of that happening. He then stated I should have received a $10 off coupon, which is another thing I didn’t know about. He said he forwarded my case to be looked at for the $10 coupon. I asked to speak to a supervisor about my $5, to which he stated they would tell me the same thing. I insisted, and was told I wouldn’t be able to talk to one today and would have to call back another day. I insisted again and got transferred to a woman with an Indian accent. I informed her of the situation and she assured me I would be receiving TWO $5 coupons on February 1st. One for January and one for February.
We shall see.
I didn't get one either, but $5 sure isn't worth any of that. Hopefully I'll get one in February.

So this is my savings from one GameStop store closing yesterday. Total savings for all the stores and buys is at $4500+. 

Happy I managed to get so much! Hope you guys are also doing well at these store closings!

GOo466Y.jpg

Here's a few unadvertised PS4 deals I found browsing a few of the random pages in the deals section:

Planescape Torment/Icewind Dale $20/$18

Mutant Year Zero $10/$9

Ghostbusters $20.$19

Bloodstained $20/$18

Doom S;ayer ollection $20

Evil Within 2: $7

Metro Exodus $20/$19

Fist of the North Star Lost Paradise(!) $20/$18

Just Cause 4 $20/$18

Blazblue Cross tag Battle $20/$18

Kill La Kill If $20/$18

Ya know, it would be really nice if these price drops more easily visible in one place, because there are some nice deals here.

Traded in a ton of Vita & PS4 games - all with a base value of $2 or more. Put the credit towards Animal Crossing preorder, an already released game - tokyo mirage on switch, and put the rest on a gamestop card. All the games I traded in retained the +5 bonus.

It ends 2/9 but the small print says on Xbox one, PS4 and switch. It wasn’t til the other day that the bonus applied for all games. So I would get rid of the games soon what if they change it tomorrow.

Traded in a ton of Vita & PS4 games - all with a base value of $2 or more. Put the credit towards Animal Crossing preorder, an already released game - tokyo mirage on switch, and put the rest on a gamestop card. All the games I traded in retained the +5 bonus.
Interesting. I wonder if this would work on any brand new title on shelves, or just recently released ones.

We shall see.
What’s up with that. I had a problem and the person I got barley understood what I was saying, so I asked to speak to a supervisor and she literally refused.

Gamestop mole, if you are listening, switch out Funko Pops for Legos instead.

What’s up with that. I had a problem and the person I got barley understood what I was saying, so I asked to speak to a supervisor and she literally refused.
YMMV, but I believe they generally aren't allow to hang up on you, unless your being an abusive dick. So just keep repeating your stance, then show signs of being confused upon their response, then (while still being polite!) add a couple more tidbits to the conversation (maybe even something that takes time to lookup, let alone answer), following up by coming back to what you were saying earlier.

I could be wrong, but I think they are paid [or allowed to keep their job] based on volume of calls resolved. If you seem to be taking too long to resolve, they just throw money at you (points actually in this case) to make you say "goodbye" and hang-up.

Best bet is to just maintain your cool at all times. Never insult, never raise your voice. They just want to keep their job, not save GS money.

[I wouldn't be surprised if they operated under some sort of GS metrics as well, such as points given out vs. calls resolved .. which would explain why they are bullish to give out points. If the conversation is eating time while just going in circles (recommended), it's more effective to throw points and end the call. Just IMO, based on personal experience -- no proof.]

He said that after mentioning he preordered Animal Crossing, which triggered the $5 bonus.
I helped my uncle jack off a horse.

This is why school is important. For anyone confused, the Animal Crossing post should have read: "Put the credit towards Animal Crossing, an already released game - Tokyo Mirage on Switch - and put the rest on a GameStop card." And now they want to change the meaning of literally to not mean literally? Crazy.

Also what’s the deal with refurb fees?

On Monday I was charged $5 on a Minecraft ps3 disc with a small scratch....today at the same store I was charged .75 cents for a wario game hella scratched and $2 for new super Mario bros hella scratched. Is there different fees based on title.

Confirm +$5 also works on Wii Wii U 3DS and DS games which meet the min $2 threshold.

Traded in at my home store this time and didn’t get any caveats to the preorder bonus rules - just put $5 down on Pokémon Mystery Dungeon and the rest on a trade card! Then heard on the radio about Kobe... :whistle2:(

Go to a different store.
I don’t mind being charged 75 cents or $2 tbh discs were destroyed. And we’re purchased in a big lot I ended up getting $15 for them combined still. I’d just like to know how refurbish fees work and what makes them cost more or less for future.

I only trade games that I can’t sell for cash profit... traded in 2 copies of nintendogs ds for $15 combined that won’t happen on eBay with fees.

Confirm +$5 also works on Wii Wii U 3DS and DS games which meet the min $2 threshold.

Traded in at my home store this time and didn’t get any caveats to the preorder bonus rules - just put $5 down on Pokémon Mystery Dungeon and the rest on a trade card! Then heard on the radio about Kobe... :whistle2:(
I'm still shocked about Kobe. Wow it's freaking sad.

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

It ends 2/9 but the small print says on Xbox one, PS4 and switch. It wasn’t til the other day that the bonus applied for all games. So I would get rid of the games soon what if they change it tomorrow.
I tried PS3 games the first day the extra $5 trade in promotion went into effect and it was a no go. Has anyone tried trading in PS3 games with higher than $2 value recently?

Got it for X1. Thank you. Havent seen this deal posted anywhere, not even on the deals section of the website.
I only saw it because DekuDeals caught the Switch drop. When I checked GS and saw it was even cheaper on PS4/XB1, I ordered a PS4 copy.

Picked up a used copy of Sinking City for $8.99.  Noticed that the game was a recent conversion from new to used, so it had all of the included items from the new copy of the game (DLC Codes & Map).

Looked around and noticed a lot of recent conversions from new to used including:

:ps4::switch::xb1: Close to the Sun

:ps4: Death's Gambit

:ps4::switch: Forager

:ps4::xb1: Greedfall

:ps4::switch::xb1: Northgard

:ps4::switch::xb1: Remothered: Tormented Fathers

:ps4::xb1: Roman Rumble in Las Vegum: Asterix & Obelix XXL 2

:ps4: Stranded Sails

:ps4::switch: Wargroove 

:ps4::xb1: Warhammer: Vermintide II 

Not sure if there are others, but there is a ton of Outer Worlds for PS4 preowned that I noticed at multiple locations as well...

I tried PS3 games the first day the extra $5 trade in promotion went into effect and it was a no go. Has anyone tried trading in PS3 games with higher than $2 value recently?
You could always read older posts, as your question was already answered.

Multiple times.

Ah, so that's what I heard the associates talking about at the GS I went to a few days ago. Is it more or less just buying used and basically getting new? Not a price drop or anything?
Pretty much. There used to be a separate thread on here detailing when games did get converted as it was a way especially with Collector's Editions to grab some of the goodies (i.e. the Steelbook). You are then able to get essentially a new game for the used price. I saw Sinking City yesterday going for $49.99 & did not touch it with a ten foot pole. But at $8.99, I will gladly take it. Look for these recent conversions to drop in price & snag them up!

While I'm replying remembered a couple more...

:ps4: Angry Birds Movie 2 VR: Under Pressure

:ps4: Sairento VR

If you're going to gamestop, pick up a copy of the ad. It says that all games get the $5 bonus. There was also signage listing all games get the trade, so the website might be a mistake.

Also, heard about Kobe Bryant. My first memory of Kobe was seeing NBA Courtside for the N64 for the first time. #RIP

Also what’s the deal with refurb fees?

On Monday I was charged $5 on a Minecraft ps3 disc with a small scratch....today at the same store I was charged .75 cents for a wario game hella scratched and $2 for new super Mario bros hella scratched. Is there different fees based on title.
To my knowledge the refurb fee is proportional to the trade in value of the game. Can’t recall the exact numbers though.

My $5 pro reward still has not shown up in my active offers on the GS app.
We shall see.
No $10 for me, or the $5 coupon. Received no communication of the change at all, only found in it CAG and even then it was confusing because some people got $10 coupon, some got $5, and I got nothing and my 10% discount died. I highly doubt you'll get anything.

I've been swamped with work and need to call them and get like 3 issues address (this, missing game from BF order and cancelled free game from Xmas order).

I've been swamped with work and need to call them and get like 3 issues address (this, missing game from BF order and cancelled free game from Xmas order).
You have enough talking points to maintain a lengthy conversation, thus forcing them to (potentially) give in.

Good luck!

Just to throw my 2c in - I renewed thanksgiving night via online, and HAVE gotten my jan. code no issue. Don't need to present the code or anything to redeem; they can see it on POS if you have the active offer.

Using it on a $5 or under game doesn't trigger sales tax, also - so I basically just walked in, grabbed a game for free, and walked out. Gonna clean them out of all the $5 junk I've never been able to match in b2g1 or 4/10, I guess; couple decent ones in that category (Some wii games like NiGHTS, junker wii u games, earlier 3ds games like Shinobi or Project X Zone)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back