2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was officially banned from GameStop property after making off with around 10k in credit. The district manager informed me that my activities from my “flip scams” were fraudulent and illegal. He said his loss prevention and legal team were aware of my “fraudulent” activities. The conversation ended before I was able to engage him in conversation anymore and I was forced to leave.

What are the chances GameStop comes at me with legal percussions? What are my options?

I was officially banned from GameStop property after making off with around 10k in credit. The district manager informed me that my activities from my “flip scams” were fraudulent and illegal. He said his loss prevention and legal team were aware of my “fraudulent” activities. The conversation ended before I was able to engage him in conversation anymore and I was forced to leave.

What are the chances GameStop comes at me with legal percussions? What are my options?

Good point, though I don't think it's bad to use a program they put out. It's odd that if you use their service, abide by their terms and policy, that you appear to be a villain.

It's not wrong to buy items from them under a program they have, it's not wrong to trade in products within their own limits, it's not wrong to pay for their program and utility the benefits they offer.

Sure we have all benefited in some way from Gamestop. Not sure why that means it's ok for Gamestop to take your money because you used their services more than the next customer.
Technically buying with the intent to immediately trade in/resell is against their ToS. So no, really, you aren't using their service more, you are reaking the ToS and abusing it. Obviously everyone here is ok with it. But it helps to take a second ti remember that before getting on the moral high horse against Gamestop and HOW DARE THEY mentality. Really, due to their own incompetence, THEY are being scammed if you are breaking ToS. Lot of mental gymnastics to trade in thousands of dollars against ToS and complain about not being the villain.

Of course if you are just doing a couple trades a month or personal trades, it is within their ToS but then you probably don't trade enough to care about the policy changes/rewards programs. As if it isnt gamestop's job to make scamming them as hard as possible.

Technically buying with the intent to immediately trade in/resell is against their ToS. So no, really, you aren't using their service more, you are reaking the ToS and abusing it. Obviously everyone here is ok with it. But it helps to take a second ti remember that before getting on the moral high horse against Gamestop and HOW DARE THEY mentality. Really, due to their own incompetence, THEY are being scammed if you are breaking ToS. Lot of mental gymnastics to trade in thousands of dollars against ToS and complain about not being the villain.

Of course if you are just doing a couple trades a month or personal trades, it is within their ToS but then you probably don't trade enough to care about the policy changes/rewards programs. As if it isnt gamestop's job to make scamming them as hard as possible.
If you want to get into the technicality of it all, I can buy and sell from Gamestop as a reseller in my state with my resellers license. Gamestop still reserves the right to deny that sale which they never have for me. If they ever did, I wouldn't be angry as it's within their policy to deny a sale. Even without a resellers license, anyone can buy items from Gamestop and trade it back to them within their limits from their policy.

It has nothing to do with morals, their own policy and state law allows you or anyone else to buy products and trade it in. Another thing to note is reselling by Gamestop's in store definition regarding trades is for getting physical value (cash) from trades which I never do. I only ever trade in for store credit. Though there is no limit for trades, they have a ban for trades of 4 of the same title for the same console in a 30 day cycle, another prevention they set to prevent / limit reselling, which I again always abide by.

The sale of items they do have limits for which is normally 1 to 2 copies of a game (usually only on release week or for very limited edition items) but stores can go over that limit at their own will, something also part of their own policy to allow. For consoles it's normally (as in for the big 3) 3 per console per day to buy though stores can go over that limit. If you don't have a resellers license or don't want to wait for the daily limits, you can also email [email protected] and they can place the order for you.

Gamestop's public Terms of Conditions, Conditions of Use and Privacy Policy does not specify anything about reselling though but you can ask associates for their in store policy if you're truly interested. I also shop Gamestop Wholesale which does have more in-depth public information for reselling (Gamestop Wholesale FAQ). Though Gamestop Wholesale operates differently from general Gamestop stores, they follow essentially the same policy regarding reselling.

I have no problem with Gamestop placing more limits as I always abide by those limits either way, Gamestop taking your money should be an issue with everyone regardless of if you happen to spend a lot or not as much as others.

Anyone else having trouble redeeming points for a $5 online credit (not the Pro thing)? Every time I try to redeem, It says "We are sorry, but there was a problem redeeming your reward."

Anyone else having trouble redeeming points for a $5 online credit (not the Pro thing)? Every time I try to redeem, It says "We are sorry, but there was a problem redeeming your reward."
Take it as a blessing--the online coupons never work and you'd have to call Customer Service to get your points back.

Redeem it for one you can use buy in store. As said above, never redeem for an online cert, they don't work properly (for years now??).

Tales from a New Zealand youtuber about flipping U.S. games to EB Games NZ 

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd7bS68o4gA[/youtube]

Sparklite for switch is absolutely awesome and worth full price. At 15 its a steal!
I grabbed it earlier this week. New to pre-owned conversion, as I understand it from a GA. Bizarre, because it's really good.

Also Bloodstained (Switch) is $20. Both games are sold out in a 100 mile radius from me.

Online codes are still a problem? Well, I'll just pay the $5 extra for my retro games. Thanks for saving me.

Redeem it for one you can use buy in store. As said above, never redeem for an online cert, they don't work properly (for years now??).
The online certs technically work, but GSO is just really a miserable experience. I mistakenly bought one last year, and it took weeks of continually trying, just to get GSO to accept gift cards (transaction declined, etc).

At one point I even got desperate and tried to get a B&M SL to place an online order for me in-store using the cert. He could place the order, but could not apply any certs.

It finally went through online, early in the morning after a server maintenance update.

I won't ever buy another one.

PS - using an online-only cert doesn't count toward the $35 for free shipping. So if you buy a $49.99 game and use a $15 online cert, your going to be 1 penny shy of free shipping.

I grabbed it earlier this week. New to pre-owned conversion, as I understand it from a GA. Bizarre, because it's really good.

Also Bloodstained (Switch) is $20. Both games are sold out in a 100 mile radius from me.

I am highly tempted to grab bloodstained, as there are only a couple of stores within my region that have it. Is gamestop not restocking?

Definitely shitty of Gamestop to cancel the 10% off Pro discount in the middle of the month and not give the $5 off coupons until the beginning of the next month. The non-shitty thing to do would have been to let the 10% off remain all of this month and end it close of business on the 31st, with the $5 off coupons being issued at the beginning of the next month.  But that makes too much sense.

I did pick up 4 new converted to used titles today in the 4/$20.  Picked up:

Reel Fishing: Road Trip Adventure (PS4)

The Fisherman - Fishing Planet (PS4)

Close to the Sun (PS4)

Trine 4 (PS4)

Each was $9.99 before the 4/$20 kicked in.

PS - using an online-only cert doesn't count toward the $35 for free shipping. So if you buy a $49.99 game and use a $15 online cert, your going to be 1 penny shy of free shipping.
For me, the online certs advertise FREE value shipping when you use one. Never used one myself so I can't verify it, but it does say it gives free value shipping in the description.

Anyone received the 2x or 4x Powerup reward points for the promotion that ended last Saturday? I asked a store manager during the promotion when the points would be added to account and he read that the points would be added at the end of the promotion which I thought ended on last Saturday. I only received my normal points and I did lose 1500ish 2 days ago for no reason. Guess I have to call to get credited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Anyone received the 2x or 4x Powerup reward points for the promotion that ended last Saturday? I asked a store manager during the promotion when the points would be added to account and he read that the points would be added at the end of the promotion which I thought ended on last Saturday. I only received my normal points and I did lose 1500ish 2 days ago for no reason. Guess I have to call to get credited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I never got the 2X points either. Although GS did mysteriously deduct 8K from my balance.

I noticed the discrepancy when I logged into my account to check games still Waiting for Availability. Seeing my points were amiss, I checked old receipts and noticed about 8k points vanished sometime a couple days ago. I simply looked at available points between the two receipts, printed on different days.

I checked Reward History, and nothing indicated a point loss.

I guess the "bonus" points to be awarded by 1/27/20 was a farse. If anything, it deducted points instead of adding them. Brilliant.

Fine print says by 2-7-2020, so I'd just wait. I haven't gotten anything either... but should have 2 2x transactions and 1 4x transactions show up (hopefully) and they might lump them all into one... I was hoping all the other items on the same transaction would get the points (like trade ins, new games, etc) but we will see!

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/367591-the-gamestop-thread/?p=14258108

Does anyone know how long GS holds in store pick up orders? I placed an order a few days ago, never got a ready for pick up email but checked my account and looks like it's ready to be picked up... but I won't be able to go until Sunday. 

Just a heads up. A few games dropped to $9.99 pre-owned today making them qualify now for the 4 for $20, like xb1 Indivisible and xb1 Wolfenstein 2. IMG_20200129_181440.jpg IMG_20200129_181407.jpg
Wanted to say thanks for posting! - I went and picked up 4 of the same exact games you got. (wolfenstein, indivisible, close to the sun, and mega man x legacy 1+2)

Also Close to the Sun and MegaMan X Legacy were both converted to preowned recently. At least the ones I got were, so should be everywhere.

Also picked up MM X Legacy and Indivisible today.  Get home and realize indivisible was recently added to game pass.  Oh well, $5 to own it is fine.

Hopefully relevent question, since we all seem to be dealing with converted to new games...

When you redeem a code on PSN, is it redeemed immediately after successfully entering it, or does it have to be confirmed after being accepted to be fully redeemed, thus allowing another to use a tested and working code if you choose not to redeem it?

Hopefully relevent question, since we all seem to be dealing with converted to new games...

When you redeem a code on PSN, is it redeemed immediately after successfully entering it, or does it have to be confirmed after being accepted to be fully redeemed, thus allowing another to use a tested and working code if you choose not to redeem it?
There's a confirmation screen that allows you to check.

The $250 trade in deal on a switch....can it be a launch gray joycon version?
I don't think you can get that amount for any of the Switch. The launch gray will only get you $150. The $250 trade in deals are for the Xbox One X and PS4 Pro. Gamestop does this all the time with the "up to" wording.

Had a hard time trying to get MMX legacy, Indivisible, Close to the Sun and Trine 4. Website said my local GS had all 4 in stock, but I was only able to get Trine. Had the guy check for all of them after I scoured through all their displayed preowned games, and I think he was just lazy because he said they didn’t have them or he couldn’t find them.

None were displayed out in the preowned games section, do they store any used games (with cases) behind the counter? Any tips appreciated, really trying to take advantage of the 4 for $20 deal lol

Ugh I want that AC edition switch but it doesn't even come with the game? Wtf. And I don't wanna be 2 months without my switch and trade it in.

Traded in some games tonight but had a few rejected for two reasons - some games had writing in marker on the label, and one game was an EU version. I'm going to try again at other stores, but has anyone had games like this accepted before? I'm assuming yes, because I got these from Gamestop to begin with...

Traded in some games tonight but had a few rejected for two reasons - some games had writing in marker on the label, and one game was an EU version. I'm going to try again at other stores, but has anyone had games like this accepted before? I'm assuming yes, because I got these from Gamestop to begin with...
I've had a few switch game cartridges from the B2G2 come with a "D" in marker that I was worried about - game worked, and was even able to get 60 gold points, but just incase I flipped it back to GS for something else.

I used a one time $20 off code online and likely won’t be able to pick up the order. Any chance I’ll be able to use the code again if the order is cancelled? 🤔

Wanted to buy Xbox credit with trade credit online, it says the balance entirely covers it, but denys the order saying "billing address information is not the same as your financial institution" no matter which debit, credit, or PayPal card I enter. Just me?

Wanted to buy Xbox credit with trade credit online, it says the balance entirely covers it, but denys the order saying "billing address information is not the same as your financial institution" no matter which debit, credit, or PayPal card I enter. Just me?
Long running, known issue. Will possibly maybe consider working at some imprecise time of day post server reset. Just go to a store or try again first thing in the AM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back