2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's only if you pick up the game in the first 48 hours after release. You would be able to trade it back in for full price in trade credit-tax. A code would be printed on your receipt.

Didn't get the $5 coupon in January (had to call to get 5000 points to cover it) but I just got the February one. Anyone who get the previous one know what can we use it on? It looks like it doesn't have any restrictions in the fine print.

Ugh. Ordered some ps2 games yesterday morning, and it's still saying preparing for shipment. Do I need to call them? Really don't want to deal with CS.

Trying to get trade credit back after a cancelation on gamestop.com is almost impossible. I ordered and arcade 1up and got a cancelation and have been calling all week to get the trade credit back and they all give me different stories. Two business days....there is a hold on the card....you have to go to the store to get the hold removed....the trade credit is back on your card, you should see it in 30 minutes. Don't buy online unless you have to!

Can someone tell me if $5 can be used for used game products ? I tired multiple times and it was a no go, I don’t understand what we are paying for.

Can someone tell me if $5 can be used for used game products ? I tired multiple times and it was a no go, I don’t understand what we are paying for.
Tried two different stores and its a no go on pre owned. The SL told me it should work within tbe next two weeks. I just laughed

Seems like Totakus have been restocked or price reduced. I have been able to find them for $4.99 new in western NY. Including Sonic, Dark Souls, God of War and even Jin from Tekken and Wipeout as well.

Ended up PO animal crossing for the bonus, ended up trading 30+ games. Also ended up reserving a AC switch, this will be my 3rd & last* switch console. 

*Unless there's an amazing Zelda or Metroid edition. 

How do you use this coupon? Will they be able to get it out of your account in store? There's nothing to print out or to show on your phone.
They can look it up on the kiosk after entering your account details at the beginning of the transaction, or barring that, you can download the app which does provide a barcode on each active offer.

Why is everyone having such a struggle trying to get there rewards in line, GameStop screwed us that have it, that’s for sure.

I was able to use my sign-up $5 reward cert on a pre-owned game yesterday.
Which I only did because their system didn't allow us to spend it on digital cards (supposedly will be fixed) or the 4/$20.

Does anyone know when the $5 bump ends?

I used the welcome one today for $5 off used
Tried two different stores and its a no go on pre owned. The SL told me it should work within tbe next two weeks. I just laughed
What? If latter's true SOMEONE'S bullshitting you - used mine around the 24th on a $5 used game, got it for free, no tax. Either they were doing it wrong or they've actively changed their system to not allow used games - in which case, good fuckin' luck hoping they'll change it back.

I was 100% expecting digital cash to get nixed, but I'm gonna throw a fit if used is borked too

Sorry this has been asked before but do you get the extra $5 per title you trade in or once?

So if I trade 3 titles, $15 extra? Towards a pre order

Sorry this has been asked before but do you get the extra $5 per title you trade in or once?

So if I trade 3 titles, $15 extra? Towards a pre order
all 3 will get a $5 bump, as long as the trade in value is $2 or more. You can create a new pre order or apply it to an existing pre order. It has to be a game or collectible that you pre order, systems themselves (like the new animal crossing switch) doesn't trigger the $5 bump.

Ugh. Ordered some ps2 games yesterday morning, and it's still saying preparing for shipment. Do I need to call them? Really don't want to deal with CS.
It takes anywhere from 24 hours to 4 days for gamestop to process orders, and then another 2-6 days for you to get it. Basically anything you order from gamestop won't get to you for at LEAST 3 days (best case) and usually 1 week to 10 days. They are not amazon lol

Kill la Kill IF PS4 New $19.97, used is a couple bucks less. I price matched it at BB and got free shipping somehow. It's also $19.99 on PSN. Buy physical for same price (technically cheaper) trumps digital sale. Wanted to post on front page but this is the Gamestop thread so here goes. Cheapest I've seen it.

It takes anywhere from 24 hours to 4 days for gamestop to process orders, and then another 2-6 days for you to get it. Basically anything you order from gamestop won't get to you for at LEAST 3 days (best case) and usually 1 week to 10 days. They are not amazon lol
You make a good point lol. I expected too much.

Finally got my Feb $5 cert after not getting a January one. So can these be used towards Xbox/PSN/eShop cards? Or is it YMMV?
From the other GS thread specifcally about the new PUR:

It didn’t work yesterday when I tried with my January coupon, so the store just gave me a $5 “promo not found” discount because they thought it was supposed to work. Haven’t tried with February’s yet.
https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/370997-new-monthly-5-dollar-cert-for-power-up-rewards-pro/page-8

I'm going to go in later and see if it works on Amazon cards. I have a bunch of other reward certs to use on those today.

for those who missed out on buying mario + rabbids for cheap, it's on sale at target for $19.99
Thanks for the tip. I bought the last copy of Mario + Rabbids at the Target store up the street from me and flipped it towards the cheapest Xbox One game that I could find to pre-order which was Torchlight II ($19.99).

Here are the games that I flipped this morning with Pro:

Dark Souls Remastered (PS4) - $12.70

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Player's Choice (3DS) - $10.50

Mario + Rabbids (Switch) - $32.50

Sushi Striker (3DS) - $8.30

Put $5 down on Torchlight II, and then bought the following with the buy 4 pre-owned games for $20:

Indivisible (XB1)

Megaman X Legends Collection: X Legends 1 and 2 (XB1)

Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden (XB1)

Sinking City (XB1)

Indivisible was still factory sealed. I also grabbed a $10 PSN card and a $10 Nintendo eShop card.

Nice, so still working with last
Thanks for the tip. I bought the last copy of Mario + Rabbids at the Target store up the street from me and flipped it towards the cheapest Xbox One game that I could find to pre-order which was Torchlight II ($19.99).

Here are are the games that I flipped this morning with Pro:

Dark Souls Remastered (PS4) - $12.70
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Player's Choice (3DS) - $10.50
Mario + Rabbids (Switch) - $32.50
Sushi Striker (3DS) - $8.30

Put $5 down on Torchlight II, and then bought the following with the buy 4 pre-owned games for $20:

Indivisible (XB1)
Megaman X Legends Collection (X Legends 1 and 2, XB1)
Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden (XB1)
Sinking City (XB1)

Indivisible was still factory sealed. I also grabbed a $10 PSN card and a $10 Nintendo eShop card.
Nice, so still working on last gen

Did anyone else take advantage of the trade in loop hole last week?

https://youtu.be/lvuMN6ynl7Y
My local closing one was only selling one console per person. But yes I did buy the digital Xbox one keep the digital games and trade in the rest for a 40 dollar profit.

Buying all 9 consoles is a bit much though; I wouldn’t have done that even if they allowed it. Other people would have probably enjoyed those Xbox one x’s more (to actually use)

all 3 will get a $5 bump, as long as the trade in value is $2 or more. You can create a new pre order or apply it to an existing pre order. It has to be a game or collectible that you pre order, systems themselves (like the new animal crossing switch) doesn't trigger the $5 bump.
Thank you for mentioning existing pre-orders because I was told I could not get the $5 bump unless it was applied towards a new preorder!

I've found a Pre-owned 500 Million Limited Edition PS4 Pro Console with the original controller/box at a Gamestop store. This will pair nicely with my 20th anniversary PS4.
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:33630]

One of the selling points of the new program was that the rewards worked on PSN and such too. They all should. That's what I will be using mine on.

I've found a Pre-owned 500 Million Limited Edition PS4 Pro Console with the original controller/box at a Gamestop store. This will pair nicely with my 20th anniversary PS4.
Pretty jelly right now. Where did you find that? Was it displayed? Congrats though. That's a rare find especially out in the wild like that.

Pretty jelly right now. Where did you find that? Was it displayed? Congrats though. That's a rare find especially out in the wild like that.
Console was not on display. Online inventory was showing OOS. I was browsing the store trying to find something to buy with my $10 pro coupon. The person behind the counter asked if I needed anything and I asked if they had the 500 million edition PS4 as a joke. Then he responded funny that you asked someone just traded on of those in. Let's just say I was not prepared as I spent the next hour redeeming my gs points for certificates.

Sorry for the stupid question, but does GS still take trade-in credit for Amazon GCs? I know this was a thing years ago but I haven't done any flipping in a long time. I want to trade in my switch to get the AC one, but would much rather pre-order from Amazon than GS.

Sorry for the stupid question, but does GS still take trade-in credit for Amazon GCs? I know this was a thing years ago but I haven't done any flipping in a long time. I want to trade in my switch to get the AC one, but would much rather pre-order from Amazon than GS.
No, long gone. The only thing you can buy with trade credit like that is Xbox/pan/EShop currency. The only way to get Amazon credit is to use reward certificates.

Thanks for the advice. Swapped my $5 DBZ preorder for Animal Crossing and added $5 to it so I could get the trade bump on a few games. Plan on using my monthly $5 to help with the balance when I pick it up.

So I was able to take advantage of the extra $5 towards a pre-order BUT they made me put the entire bonus towards pre-orders (ie I traded in 6 games, and the entire $30 had to go towards pre-orders). Didn't think that was the case, but whatever - put it all towards P5R, which I was gonna pick up anyway.

Then I tried to take advantage of the 4 for $20 deal and use my Feb $5 bonus. She scanned the code from my app, and said it was used, but when I checked the receipt, nothing changed - still cost $20, with "$5 Promotion Not Found" listed under one of the items. In other words, she burned my bonus on nothing, I saved nothing, and now it's gone from my active offers. Sweet deal - for GS.

So I was able to take advantage of the extra $5 towards a pre-order BUT they made me put the entire bonus towards pre-orders (ie I traded in 6 games, and the entire $30 had to go towards pre-orders). Didn't think that was the case, but whatever - put it all towards P5R, which I was gonna pick up anyway.

Then I tried to take advantage of the 4 for $20 deal and use my Feb $5 bonus. She scanned the code from my app, and said it was used, but when I checked the receipt, nothing changed - still cost $20, with "$5 Promotion Not Found" listed under one of the items. In other words, she burned my bonus on nothing, I saved nothing, and now it's gone from my active offers. Sweet deal - for GS.
the coupon thing is on you, all you did is change a $9.99 game to $4.99. just like using a $ coupon on a buy 2 get 1 free of 3 same priced games, just gets wasted. have to be really careful using coupons with deals, as often they dont mix well together.

Their POS system uses/burns your coupon then applies the other deal on top of it.

It also does (or at least used to do) something similar for B2G1 free promos, applying the coupon toward one of the games which makes it cheaper, then their promo forces you to pay for the two most expensive games, which are typically the ones that have not had the coupon applied.

This was a while back,but at some point I had figured the right way to use a coupon in that case was to buy three games where two were the same price and the third was the exact amount of the coupon more than the other two, but then the SA wouldn't even scan it insisting it wouldn't work.

How do you use this coupon? Will they be able to get it out of your account in store? There's nothing to print out or to show on your phone.
I got an email today from GS that has the coupon code and bar code. So go save $5. I'm going to use it on a new game this month.

Reward Certs not working on Amazon cards as of now. Tried a variable card, didn’t think to check one of the $25 static cards.

Monthly $5 does not work on Amazon either, but the SL did confirm they will work on pre-owned and PSN/Xbox/EShop as he had just used his and tested them all. This is known, just re-confirming.

the coupon thing is on you, all you did is change a $9.99 game to $4.99. just like using a $ coupon on a buy 2 get 1 free of 3 same priced games, just gets wasted. have to be really careful using coupons with deals, as often they dont mix well together.
Do you know if you can use the $5 coupon to knock a $14.99 game to $9.99 and get it to be a 4 for $20 game? Effectively knocking $10 off the price by using a $5 coupon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back