2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
The GameStop I go to are almost all cool as long as it's within like 10 days. Had a bad experience last week at one place where he said there was "nothing he could do" because it was past 7 days. I told him I just received it in the mail like two days ago (which was true, GameStop is super slow to ship sometimes). Best he could do was exchange for a different game, which doesn't even do anything because now I'll just return that game instead.

That place was terrible though. Had three employees joking when the place was completely dead. Not sure I've even seen more than two employees at a GameStop, seems like a waste of headcount/salary. Guy tried to give me a hard time because he never heard of the game (if it's in your system, who cares? Obviously it's not fake). And just said "No" when I asked if 4 for 20 was going on. And it is, because it's nation wide. Compare that to another place last week that said "I don't think so, but I'll check..... Hey yeah, we do have it!".

Really? B2G1 is exactly what it means, buy 2 get 1 free. B2G1 doesn't mean 33.3% off 3 games.
But other retailers that run B2G1 will knock down the price of each game by that amount. That way you can’t return the 2 full priced games and keep the $0 one, like you can with GameStop if they end up sending the free one separately.

But other retailers that run B2G1 will knock down the price of each game by that amount. That way you can’t return the 2 full priced games and keep the $0 one, like you can with GameStop if they end up sending the free one separately.
Let's put it this way. In your definition of B2G1, yes, you could return one and the other games wouldn't be affected. I don't believe you're required to exchange the 3rd game? That sort of defeats the idea of a B2G1 where it turns out to be either B2G33% off or even a B1G33% off.

I have never been able to return or exchange one game w/o having to bring all 3 in and re-ring the transaction in my area GS stores. So you really can't return the 2 and get the 3rd free at least in my experience.

In any case, B2G1 literal is how GS decided to implement their return/exchange policy.

Target is the only company I know that mean 1/3 price when a b2g1 happens. Everyone else bundles it.

I have never been able to return or exchange one game w/o having to bring all 3 in and re-ring the transaction in my area GS stores. So you really can't return the 2 and get the 3rd free at least in my experience.
I'm speaking specifically about online orders that are shipped. They don't always group them together, so when the free one ships separately, you could return the other 2 for a full refund and keep the free one.

Yes it is very very easy to take advantage of B2G1 if someone wanted. Packing list just shows what was shipped at full price, so depending on if all games shipped at the same time, you could return games as long as the free game isn't on the packing list. And GameStop let's you combine shipments and pickups, so you could pick up the free game and return the two full price ones on the packing slip. I would hope they catch on to this/cancel orders like that but who knows.

FYI Friday the 13th: The Game (PS4) is the DotD for $9.99 pre-owned and gets $7 base trade in.

RE7 (X1) is also $8.99 but only gets $3 base.

Good for those 4/20 flips.

FYI Friday the 13th: The Game (PS4) is the DotD for $9.99 pre-owned and gets $7 base trade in.

4/$20 is in-store only and you can only get DotDs in-store if you buy online for store pickup.

Funny thing is....Friday the 13th had a base trade in value of $10 last night, I wonder if it will got back tomorrow?

I can confirm that points for set $25 Amazon cards is completely dead. Went to a store where I had bought several cards last month and the guy scanned the coupon but it didn't work. He tried it twice but no luck. Then I got an Xbox card and used the coupon along with the $5 coupon to get an Xbox gift card. Really regret not rushing to convert all my points. Guess it's just going to take some work now.

Do we know when the 4/$10 and 4/$20 will end? Been really enjoying it so I can rebuy all the games I lost in my previous marriage.
At least until Saturday night. I have heard that these kinds of sales can run through an entire month.

Does anyone have a link to see the latest price drops? I still can't figure out Gamestop's website, if that's still an option like in the past.

I can confirm that points for set $25 Amazon cards is completely dead. Went to a store where I had bought several cards last month and the guy scanned the coupon but it didn't work. He tried it twice but no luck. Then I got an Xbox card and used the coupon along with the $5 coupon to get an Xbox gift card. Really regret not rushing to convert all my points. Guess it's just going to take some work now.
These days, I do enough amazon trade ins that redeeming reward certs to amazon gift card is not the best way to convert.

100,000 points => $100 amazon gift card (if you can find a kind employee to work the system)
100,000 points => $125 pre-owned credit. And you should be able to fairly easily convert $10 game stop game into >$10 amazon credit if you pay attention to some trade values, or read the other thread.

Also unlocks mixing different value games for B2G1, B2G2, 4/$20 events. ie - during B2G2, there was literally 1 $54.99 switch game left in stock, so I used a $25 cert to do B2G2 with 3x $19.99 games. Certs are probably better used outside of B2Gx events (as you can also access New games as well if the Amazon TIV is still higher) so more recently if you could find a pre-owned Sparklite for any system was a slightly better than 1:1 conversion to amazon and a decent way to waste some $10 pre-owned certs.

I've been following the other thread and using credit to transfer that way, but i know that coupons work in a negative way when we use them with other deals. Like Sparklite, if you use a coupon wouldn't the coupon cancel the 4 for $20 and just subtract the amount from the full $8.99 price instead of the $5?

But that's a good idea. As long as the 4 for $20 is going on I will keep an eye out for any game above $10 going on sale to transfer. I've never really used coupons except to renew my pro, guess with all these changes I'm finally dropping my membership when it ends this year. Been a member so long my membership card had Buck the Bunny on it.

I've been following the other thread and using credit to transfer that way, but i know that coupons work in a negative way when we use them with other deals. Like Sparklite, if you use a coupon wouldn't the coupon cancel the 4 for $20 and just subtract the amount from the full $8.99 price instead of the $5?

But that's a good idea. As long as the 4 for $20 is going on I will keep an eye out for any game above $10 going on sale to transfer. I've never really used coupons except to renew my pro, guess with all these changes I'm finally dropping my membership when it ends this year. Been a member so long my membership card had Buck the Bunny on it.
I was off from work today, so I went to GameStop this morning and bought 4 more used games for $20 with some other new items (Sparklite for XB1 and a $10 Nintendo eShop card). Since the $5 off monthly coupon doesn't work on used items at this point, the coupon randomly applied to the eShop card to take the $5 off of the purchase.

I used the Feb $5 coupon to a used PS3 game last weekend in store without any issue. It was a single game and no other promotion or discount.

Looks like the 2x and 4x points promos are starting to get credited and my hypothesis that all transactions that included 4 preowned games would get 2x/4x was correct. So trading in $900 worth of games + buying 4/$10 + renewing for 15,000 points = 18,200 x4 = 72,800 points.

So basically a year of pro and 29,600 points for free!

#score

Edit: The extra points were added to the corresponding transactions so any returns might negate the correct point total, but next time this promo rolls around consider spending all $900 trade in on actual games (preorders didn’t reward any points to multiply) and try and get that 6 digit points transaction :)

Looks like the 2x and 4x points promos are starting to get credited and my hypothesis that all transactions that included 4 preowned games would get 2x/4x was correct. So trading in $900 worth of games + buying 4/$10 + renewing for 15,000 points = 18,200 x4 = 72,800 points.

So basically a year of pro and 29,600 points for free!

#score

Edit: The extra points were added to the corresponding transactions so any returns might negate the correct point total, but next time this promo rolls around consider spending all $900 trade in on actual games (preorders didn’t reward any points to multiply) and try and get that 6 digit points transaction :)
I just checked, I got 66,000 points from one transaction. I traded in a Switch lite and some PS4 and Switch games. Then I bought a new regular switch and 3 switch games. Renewed my pro and bought a few cheap PS4 games. I did pre-order a few things to get the $5 extra for my game trades.

I'm out of trade ban jail, time to go nuts and build up more credit!!!

If it hasn't already been mentioned, Anthem is trading in for $3, so that's a nice flip from when it was $4 back in December.

Yeah, he means that if you bought it back in December during the holiday sales when it was only $3 or $4, now you can double your investment.

It was trading for $1 when it was on sale, so the value has rebounded a little.
Yea I’m just saying because last week it was $8.99 and Xbox One version trading for $3 was a good flip for 4 for $20

I'm out of trade ban jail, time to go nuts and build up more credit!!!
How did you find out you were unbanned? You just attempted a trade and it went thru? I was banned in late December and tried to trade in a few days ago and it still wasn't lifted yet. Been using my gf account for flips.

Anyone know if stores are still taking pre orders for the animal crossing limited edition switch console?
Today's suppose to be the last day allegedly.....

New ad:  https://gamestop.a.bigcontent.io/v1/static/OLFSI_020920

Main things that stood out are an extra 20% credit towards any accessory >$50 (like controllers) and a new (?) section called "Top Trade Values" where Mario Odyssey, Party, Sword, and Shield are worth base 35 credit.... and 4-for still going on (presumably still in-store only)  :twoguns: 

Okay, I have my monthly coupon but my PUR Pro expires in the middle of the month. Will I be able to use or even still have my coupon when membership expires???

Also, does anyone know if you can ue the monthly coupon for a preorder and then the next month's coupon when you pick it up? 

New ad: https://gamestop.a.bigcontent.io/v1/static/OLFSI_020920

Main things that stood out are an extra 20% credit towards any accessory >$50 (like controllers) and a new (?) section called "Top Trade Values" where Mario Odyssey, Party, Sword, and Shield are worth base 35 credit.... and 4-for still going on (presumably still in-store only) :twoguns:
Thanks for posting this! Gonna dump off Division2 right now. Those top switch games with the accessory bonus+pro should make values $45.50each. I got a nice batch I'm sitting on.

Anyone know if stores are still taking pre orders for the animal crossing limited edition switch console?
According to my local GA, the pre-orders are now closed (sold out).

It was discussed on Reddit that GS ordered 80k units nationwide, expecting to initially sell half as much. Oops.

But it is a great time, in the end. I guess they didn't account for all the folks not interested in Animal Crossing, just liking the system design / colors. Also a V2 system.

If they ordered 150k, they might have been better off, who knows (or maybe the Reddit numbers are off!) ... however ... selling out however many they bought -- in only a few days .. oh my -- you missed the target audience completely :D

There's no money to be made with rejected pre-orders .. just say'in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back