2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your transaction ID is also recorded on the card, traceable to "you".

You may see the dilemma.
Information that shows up on a gift receipt is actually different from information from a regular receipt. Your account number shows up, but there is no record of the method of payment. Multiple posts on the Reddit support this, which is why you can only get trade credit back. In fact, new employees are often surprised by the lack of information when I return using a gift receipt.

I don’t partake in trade in promos that require me to buy stuff to get a bonus and return that same item later...

The best trade in promo just ended $5 for ANY game over $2 nothing beats it except California’s 50% bonus for any game.
If for some reason you have a large amount of expensive games, you can wipe the playfield clean by trading in games and getting free controllers. It's one way of getting free Joycons ... well maybe more if a B2G1 sale overlaps with the 20% sale ... /wink

Information that shows up on a gift receipt is actually different from information from a regular receipt. Your account number shows up, but there is no record of the method of payment. Multiple posts on the Reddit support this, which is why you can only get trade credit back. In fact, new employees are often surprised by the lack of information when I return using a gift receipt.
I can see the point of gift receipts for actual gifting but if you got one from someone during the B2G2 promo, could probably have been gifted the free game and get a refund of nothing? Seems like the gift receipt should at least show the entire transaction and values so they can do a correct refund.

I can see the point of gift receipts for actual gifting but if you got one from someone during the B2G2 promo, could probably have been gifted the free game and get a refund of nothing? Seems like the gift receipt should at least show the entire transaction and values so they can do a correct refund.
I know at least two employees from different stores were unable to find the actual amount paid from the gift receipt and just offered to return the current price of the item, which was equivalent to what I paid anyway. If someone buys 3/4 games in a single transaction during a B2G1/B2G2 promotion, then all of the games would have to be listed in the gift receipt. That's probably how an associate could tell when the promotion was going on.

I remember the person getting their accounts nuked for the hundreds of thousands of points. I do not remember them saying that every gift card they had was nuked as well. On the Gamestop reddit I have only ever seen one person say that their card was "frozen" but I think that was resolved.

Points can be revoked at will. But when you trade in merch for credit, that receipt is the end of the legal transaction. They can't just take it back on a whim because they think you broke some term, especially for the full amount.
That me I guess 3 accounts with over 100k each and a few other with less than 10k-20k each I cash out a bit b4 I got nuke but the trade credit didn’t get wiped check them once a while just buying $10 itune and Roblox cards all are still here I was finish with them so I didn’t really care that much about the points take too long to cash them out lol. Walking buy 12 games go to next store trade in make more profit than cashing out for one game to trade in

I know at least two employees from different stores were unable to find the actual amount paid from the gift receipt and just offered to return the current price of the item, which was equivalent to what I paid anyway. If someone buys 3/4 games in a single transaction during a B2G1/B2G2 promotion, then all of the games would have to be listed in the gift receipt. That's probably how an associate could tell when the promotion was going on.
Yea, I thought I read on reddit somewhere there is auto account flagging for "repeat" returns so will stick to only letting GS give me games for free when they run out of stock during promos :whistle2: I think a few people mentioned returning online orders for the paid games and keeping the free ones but that just felt like cheating. I'm Lawful Cheap!

That me I guess 3 accounts with over 100k each and a few other with less than 10k-20k each I cash out a bit b4 I got nuke but the trade credit didn’t get wiped check them once a while just buying $10 itune and Roblox cards all are still here I was finish with them so I didn’t really care that much about the points take too long to cash them out lol. Walking buy 12 games go to next store trade in make more profit than cashing out for one game to trade in
That made more sense even without all the fancy words spelled right! :p I like having multiple cards since my first one demagnetized and like to diversify my risk in case I lose the wallet.

From my experience they can look up the price that the item was sold for with gift receipt cuz I once had a manager told me I got the game while it was on sale it only going to return for the purchase amount and it from a different store also so it wasnt purchased from that store, but that only happen once the other 99% of the time it just return for the current sale price. You can buy a new game during a sale ask for gift receipt hold up to 30 days if it goes back up return it lol

Yea, I thought I read on reddit somewhere there is auto account flagging for "repeat" returns so will stick to only letting GS give me games for free when they run out of stock during promos :whistle2:I think a few people mentioned returning online orders for the paid games but that just felt like cheating. Cheap with standards!

That made more sense even without all the fancy words spelled right! :p I just like having multiple cards since my first one demagnetized and like to diversify my risk in case I lose the wallet.
Haha typing on mobile with auto correction on a late night the best

Yea, I thought I read on reddit somewhere there is auto account flagging for "repeat" returns so will stick to only letting GS give me games for free when they run out of stock during promos :whistle2: I think a few people mentioned returning online orders for the paid games and keeping the free ones but that just felt like cheating. I'm Lawful Cheap!
For GameStop both Cheap and Cheat work lol so it depends on what you want to do.

Yeah, I assume there is some sort of rolling 30 day return limit flag. I would never intentionally return paid games in a B2G1/B2G2 unless GameStop messed up my order.

If there is a return limit, it's very high. I returned 20-30 games from December-January that I got from various methods: B2G1, 4 for 10/20, and just straight up bought games. I've noticed they allow (dont know if they previously didnt allow) games to be returned individually that were bought in the 4 for 10/20 deals. Even had a lady refund 4.99 full price for games that were 2.50 from 4/10s. Dont know if she did it intentionally, but they've screwed me over the years so many times that I didnt care.

I ordered 6 copies of the division 2 at GameStop’s websites a few days ago. Can I return them to the store?
LOL. Thought he was gonna flip em and now hes scared. Yes, go return your 6 copies of Division 2 in store and watch them laugh at you.

I just about gassed out Aircobra before, are you trying to outdo me?

If there is a return limit, it's very high. I returned 20-30 games from December-January that I got from various methods: B2G1, 4 for 10/20, and just straight up bought games.I've noticed they allow (dont know if they previously didnt allow) games to be returned individually that were bought in the 4 for 10/20 deals. Even had a lady refund 4.99 full price for games that were 2.50 from 4/10s. Dont know if she did it intentionally, but they've screwed me over the years so many times that I didnt care.
Very YMMV.

Very YMMV.
I've returned at 5-6 different Gamestops due to changing stores for flipping. I guess it its YMMV, but I cant see other locations randomly doing it different.

I would always bring in all 4 games until they didnt even ask to see them or take them in returns, so I just stopped all together and they havent said a word.

I ordered 6 copies of the division 2 at GameStop’s websites a few days ago. Can I return them to the store?
Shoulda done 4/$10 preowned in store!

If there is a return limit, it's very high. I returned 20-30 games from December-January that I got from various methods: B2G1, 4 for 10/20, and just straight up bought games. I've noticed they allow (dont know if they previously didnt allow) games to be returned individually that were bought in the 4 for 10/20 deals. Even had a lady refund 4.99 full price for games that were 2.50 from 4/10s. Dont know if she did it intentionally, but they've screwed me over the years so many times that I didnt care.
Interesting, I've always just returned the set of 3/4 or just did straight up replacement with equal value game. For anything of minor value (4/10, 4/20, DotDs, etc), I just took the loss and would prefer to trade back in instead of return :whee:

Literally such a noob. This guy just posted in the “Division 2 for $5” forum yesterday, saying the joke “was on us” for doubting his intelligence. How the turn tables.

Is this what we lost CAG16 for?

That being said, I’ve discovered something new that will help fellow CAGs; You can order out of stock GameStop items, and unavailable items, online, as long as they are in stock at the specific store you want to shop at.

You must order for store pickup, and pay ahead of time, but that’s what I always do anyway.

1) Open GameStop website (It won’t work on mobile site or the app.)
2) Find the OOS item you want. If it’s “out of stock” for online order, it will be gray over the price (instead of red), and won’t initially let you add the item to your cart. This is OK.
3) Click on Check Store Availability. If the item is available at any stores around you locally, it will be shown here.
4) Click on the price of the item at the store that has it in stock. This should allow you to add the item to your cart, for store pick up, even if the item is completely sold out online for delivery.
5) Pay for your item. Head to the store to pick-up your order. You don’t even have to wait in line!

Most people wouldn’t realize they can order out of stock items, as long as their local store has it... I just ordered SparkLite for Switch for store pickup with no issue. It was ready within an hour. God bless y’all, and hopefully that helps at least one of you.

Literally such a noob. This guy just posted in the “Division 2 for $5” forum yesterday, saying the joke “was on us” for doubting his intelligence. How the turn tables.

That being said, I’ve discovered something new that will help fellow CAGs; You can order out of stock GameStop items, and unavailable items, online, as long as they are in stock at the specific store you want to shop at.

You must order for store pickup, and pay ahead of time, but that’s what I always do anyway.

2) Find the OOS item you want. If it’s “out of stock” for online order, it will be gray over the price (instead of red), and won’t initially let you add the item to your cart. This is OK.
3) Click on Check Store Availability. If the item is available at any stores around you locally, it will be shown here.
4) Click on the price of the item at the store that has it in stock. This should allow you to add the item to your cart, for store pick up, even if the item is completely sold out online for delivery.
5) Pay for your item. Head to the store to pick-up your order. You don’t even have to wait in line!

Most people wouldn’t realize they can order out of stock items, as long as their local store has it... I just ordered SparkLite for Switch for store pickup with no issue. It was ready within an hour. God bless y’all, and hopefully that helps at least one of you.
Lol at this guy calling someone else a noob when he just discovered what store pickup is.

Really hope there isn't a return limit as I return a lot as well. Usually it's just to mix/match games from different stores during B2G1 or to swap out cover arts from generic GameStop ones I have. I also hear they track cancellations and block orders, which is dumb too because I've had a lot of orders cancelled due to just terrible online/in-store inventory records. Like seriously 10+ orders. If I get ban listed because GameStop's inventory auditing is trash, that's be ridiculous.

Question. I have PUR and bunch of active offers and certificates on my account. Want to use them all to pre-order Dreams today. Do I have to print them out to redeem them in store, or can I just show them the coupon codes on my phone in the store? My printer's busted and was hoping I didn't have to print them out.

Question. I have PUR and bunch of active offers and certificates on my account. Want to use them all to pre-order Dreams today. Do I have to print them out to redeem them in store, or can I just show them the coupon codes on my phone in the store? My printer's busted and was hoping I didn't have to print them out.
You don’t have to print them but you can’t use dollar off certificates on preorders. Only the day you pick up the item itself.

You can't use certificates to make pre-orders. You can only use them when picking up.

They'll automatically be in your account when you purchase them, so you can just give the employee your account information and you'll be good to go. As Oldcasio mentioned, you will not be able to use the certificates until the 14th when the game is released. You can, however, put $5 down now and use the certificates later.

Wait, so let’s say I already put $60 credit towards animal crossing Switch, can I theoretically use my $5 monthly PUR coupon on it at the time of pickup ? Would they just give me $5 credit back (assuming this is allowed)

They'll automatically be in your account when you purchase them, so you can just give the employee your account information and you'll be good to go. As Oldcasio mentioned, you will not be able to use the certificates until the 14th when the game is released. You can, however, put $5 down now and use the certificates later.
ymmv on this, because whenever i go to gamestop they act like they cant see anything on my account. had this problem with a $25 preowned, a $15 preowned and a monthly $5 coupon. had to bring them up on my phone. this is also the only place that i go that the gamestop app does not work at all, literally i leave and it loads but it will not load in store.

ymmv on this, because whenever i go to gamestop they act like they cant see anything on my account. had this problem with a $25 preowned, a $15 preowned and a monthly $5 coupon. had to bring them up on my phone. this is also the only place that i go that the gamestop app does not work at all, literally i leave and it loads but it will not load in store.
"$xx off preowned" coupons never appear on the POS for me, only the coupons that work on new games.

Guys, have them use the tablet to pull them up. Mine do the same thing, never show on their system, but always show on their tablet when they input my info.

If this is the case, then it's probably ideal to take screenshots of the certificates on your phone so that they can scan them or enter them in. I've honestly never seen a company with as many technical issues as GameStop. Online gift/trade card issues, disappearing rewards points, etc. are simply unacceptable. Investing in a better website and overall shopping experience would've paid dividends for them. 

Yeah turn tables for sure

Lol at this guy calling someone else a noob when he just discovered what store pickup is.
1) He is a Noob. Are you triggered because you also bought 6 copies of Division 2, bragged about it, then lost your money? That’s Noobish

2) I’m explaining how to order OUT OF STOCK items for in store pick-up (OOS online, Unavailable items in the App, items which the App tells you to ‘call the store’)

You CAN’T do this on GameStop’s mobile site, and you CAN’T do this on the GameStop App... so I wanted to breakdown the way you CAN do this from the GameStop website.

I believe that information is actually helpful to some CAGs. Haters gonna hate.

I did this multiple times over the holiday because not offering free universal shipping is pathetic, and I never had a problem returning either.
Free universal shipping is rare on many online storefronts, but I will say that free B&M store pick-up from the website should be mandatory at this point.

The $5 pro monthly coupons can be used on eshop/Xbox/psn credit right?
(I know this is constantly asked, I did skim the last few pages and couldn’t find an answer)

you're welcome.

i want to help and give back to this community. i have been, for a long time, a rotten little bitch. i am sorry for the trouble that i caused before and i will do my best to help out from now on.

i convinced the higher ups to bring back cag16 after the b2g2 fiasco and told them it wasn't the customer's fault that people mixed the two promos together and that other websites automatically block multiple promos from happening.

is there anything else y'all would like me to bring back?

and to anyone whose points keep fluctuating... sorry. bill at grapeine has a sense of humor and likes to mess with customers who have some of the highest points and activity in the stores. don't worry, they always go back to normal, though.
Can you bring yourself back to the institution that let you out?

Wow, can confirm CAG16 is working online again :) If B2G1 does go into effect next week (and stacks ;) ), may be a good time to spend some credit! 

mWFiLZT.jpg

DVDs! Where are the DVDs!!!???

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back