2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
We recently picked up an xbone and until now have only been collecting older stuff. Never paid much attention to GSs current gen stuff until now and I am seeing that they really are not keeping up with the big box retailers. With digital on the rise, I would think GS would be best to focus on the used and retro market. I really enjoy shopping GS for older titles, especially when traveling out of town but they are pretty much an afterthought when it comes to me getting my next xbone title. Just my thoughts and experience.

Haven't seen many changes on the GameStop site recently. I know a few weeks ago they had a ton of trade bumps and pre-owned price drops (tons of games became $10 and qualified for 4/$20). Does that stuff usually only happen once a month?

People in this thread: wonder why GS is seeing losses, they really need to do something

Also people in this thread: can't wait to buy $500 in games and resell them to GS for $1500, that will top me out on my second account after all the games I converted to digital
I don't think any of us wonder why they are seeing losses. They run promos where they lose money on every trade/sale but try and make it up in volume.

Haven't seen many changes on the GameStop site recently. I know a few weeks ago they had a ton of trade bumps and pre-owned price drops (tons of games became $10 and qualified for 4/$20). Does that stuff usually only happen once a month?
It's kind of worrisome that no weekly ad is available past tomorrow. dotd are also only searchable up to tomorrow.

Cool! There is also a POSALE_____ that may work as well for lower preowned prices (like BotW for 48 active now)

If Gamestop does go down.. I have many fond memories. Since it's the end I may as well pillage their gaming goods so I can maximize my video game room and eBay store.

About 10 years or so a giant FYE closed and the clearances were HUGE! PS1, PS2, XBOX, NGC etc for .10c - $3.00 range and tons for the picking.. :O~ Excellent times.
Yeah, FYE clearances were legendary. I got so many sealed PS1 games (Lunar 2, Arc the Lad, vandal Hearts etc) dirt cheap with store credit and I loved every second of it!

I did good trading in Death Stranding earlier. Dropped to 18 bucks. Not seeing much value in the B2G1 unless I missed something.

Not seeing much value in the B2G1 unless I missed something.
The only thing I see at the moment is that there is a 1-day overlap of the 20% bonus for buying an expensive controller / headset / etc (over $49.99), tomorrow.

I suppose each set of expensive 3 games could potentially be traded back for just a dollar+ shy of the original price, plus 4k+ points (buying/selling), plus 20%... But, if a bunch of pricey sets got traded in at once, it could mean a free'ish accessory. Some games lost their $35 base recently though, so I dunno.

Maybe there will be a blunder with the 50%-off set of games, the titles of which I haven't seen yet.

I'm kind of wiped this week though. There may be some good games to put on the shelf I suppose.

The only thing I see at the moment is that there is a 1-day overlap of the 20% bonus for buying an expensive controller / headset / etc (over $49.99), tomorrow.

I suppose each set of expensive 3 games could potentially be traded back for just a dollar+ shy of the original price, plus 4k+ points (buying/selling), plus 20%... But, if a bunch of pricey sets got traded in at once, it could mean a free'ish accessory. Some games lost their $35 base recently though, so I dunno.

Maybe there will be a blunder with the 50%-off set of games, the titles of which I haven't seen yet.

I'm kind of wiped this week though. There may be some good games to put on the shelf I suppose.
Looked into this: $35 x 1.3 = $45.50 x 3 = $136.50 credit if you trade towards an accessory.

With no longer getting 10% off, one would pay $110 + tax, probably around $119, so you'd get about $17.5 towards that accessory. Seems to be too much work to get about 30% or less off a new accessory when you could buy used from elsewhere for cheaper.

B2G1 is good to get stuff you want to play, but otherwise with no CSAC available, not really worth it for flipping IMO.

The only way for it to work would be to trade in many games at once, not just 3.  There may be some TIV adjustments tomorrow, but some examples may be:

This Week (base $35):

Luigi's Mansion 3
Mario Kart 8            
Mario Party            
PokeMon Shield            
Pokemon Sword            
Super Mario Maker 2        
Super Mario Odyssey        
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate    

Added tomorrow (base $35):

Fire Emblem            
Links Awakening            
Super Mario U Deluxe        

Assuming there is no 20% cap, I suppose the bonus could go well over the cost of the accessory.  But it all depends if the TIV's hold.

I'm wondering the same thing.

I asked an associate tonight if he knew what, if any, upcoming games would be G2L, and he said that corporate sets that ( :wall: obviously) and they don't necessarily know until they receive an email telling them what's in the program.

I was hoping it would've been Darksiders Genesis, but that looks unlikely. So now I'm pinning my hopes on Pokemon Mystery Dungeon
It has to be a game with a mass release given past history so my bet would be MLB The Show 20.

It has to be a game with a mass release given past history so my bet would be MLB The Show 20.
Yeah, I've got that and DOOM pre-ordered; those seem like as safe a bet as any.

But would you consider Kakarot or The Outer Worlds mass releases? It seems more likely to be from large publishers. But I was hoping the program would've expanded to include most titles :pray:

Looked into this: $35 x 1.3 = $45.50 x 3 = $136.50 credit if you trade towards an accessory.

With no longer getting 10% off, one would pay $110 + tax, probably around $119, so you'd get about $17.5 towards that accessory. Seems to be too much work to get about 30% or less off a new accessory when you could buy used from elsewhere for cheaper.

B2G1 is good to get stuff you want to play, but otherwise with no CSAC available, not really worth it for flipping IMO.
If cag16 works during the sale it would be around $100 depending on how much tax you pay.

If you lose $5 on something how do you make up that loss in volume? wouldn't you just lose $5 x amount ????
Exactly. From what I understand there’s somewhat of a conspiracy that GameStop higher ups are just trying to inflate numbers of games sold, traded, etc to trick the investors into thinking they’re doing more business. Makes sense to me, only reason they allow this continual profiteering from what I can tell.

Exactly. From what I understand there’s somewhat of a conspiracy that GameStop higher ups are just trying to inflate numbers of games sold, traded, etc to trick the investors into thinking they’re doing more business. Makes sense to me, only reason they allow this continual profiteering from what I can tell.
not all gamestop customer are cags or sl or exploiting their promotions.

Tried to use a $25 cert on a gas card today and it didn’t work. Another Gamestop loophole dead. Now they really have no use to me, hope they burn!

"I just tried to use a $25 coupon meant for video games at a video game store for gas! It doesnt work! What the fuck!"

Some of you guys are absolute loons lol. Why give gamestop any business if you dont actually play games? An absolutely idiotic mentality.
Kindly do everyone a favor and shut the fuck up. You're clearly just as idiotic if you think the reward certs are only meant for video games.

If you lose $5 on something how do you make up that loss in volume? wouldn't you just lose $5 x amount ????
It's an old joke, usually used to poke fun at some of the more insane business models. In this case, it was literally true during the GS B2G2 sale when they also ran the trade promo. It didn't matter if flippers or customers were the ones doing the buying and trading. For every time they sold XXX title and got one traded back, they lost money.

Why the hell would you tip them? They're getting games from behind a counter for you. And most of them are fake as hell while doing it. I would never spend money on such a useless thing as GPG just to make their numbers go up at the cost of my money. That's silly.
Well we know you like being cheap.

But then you criticize people being cheap (few posts up).

I just don't know you anymore!

Tell us more about all the GSO games you returned, disc / cart only, after stripping out the cases/manuals in your valiant defense of GameStop, with all the idiotic people you complain about, trying to take advantage of GS. Which is exactly what you do.

:D

Did CAG16 stop working again? Just tried using it and it gave me the "Coupon cannot be added to your cart" error. I assume they're disabling it in anticipation for B2G1 if that's the case.

Did CAG16 stop working again? Just tried using it and it gave me the "Coupon cannot be added to your cart" error. I assume they're disabling it in anticipation for B2G1 if that's the case.
I wasn't going to say it, but I had this feeling that coupons were originally being disabled until they could get a hotfix in their software to enable / disable coupon codes at will. i.e. turn on, turn off with the flick of a button. Something they couldn't do previously.

I'm really not surprised it doesn't work. Disappointed sure, but not surprised.

The new CEO seems adamant about closing loopholes. Not stated directly, but from stock articles linked to Yahoo's GME's stock page, the CEO is a try hard. Maybe he'll save the company?

Some other articles I've read about digital games having value. Absurd right? But some idea's floating around the industry involve the buying and selling of digital games. Something GS is taking note of, as something perhaps happening in the next 2-3 years.

The incentive / trade-off for stores pushing digital, is "free" advertising at B&M's, which is priceless to publishers, essentially making or breaking their game. Pisses me off that the likes of EA / Activision are big players in this idea .. but, oh well. I'll still buy physical, as available.

Wait, did CAG16 work recently? I thought it was dead after the last B2G1F?

Anyone think you can use the monthly PUR $5 cert with B2G1F?

I find that companies that actively discourage people from buying from them, don't tend to stay in business very long. I won't be sad when they're gone. As long as gamestop has been around, they've been scumbags

Think it was no more than a couple of days. Someone did post here on Wednesday about it working again but I don't think it was active earlier in the week.

Yeah, I had some games in my cart with cag16 in anticipation of the sale, and now when I log back in, I get a message stating that my cart contains an invalid coupon and that I need to remove before I can checkout. Bummer.

I've lurked long enough to know I needed to instantly block guys like Aircobra, Zsaber, Super Strider, etc. as soon as I joined. In the 5 or so years I've visited this website I've never seen them ever contribute anything useful lmao.
Z-Saber has been a member for 15 years, me 14.. he has contributed a ton just because he hasnt recently doesnt mean he never has... This is a completely new site at this point alot of the stuff you see now here was taboo back then and there was great respect among members on this site.

If it is a monthly PUR certificate, then I'll say yes - it will work. Well maybe in-store only.

The monthly certs are different from other certs.

I bought a whole bunch of games on the 4F$20 deal recently. I also added in an expensive rare Amiibo. Lucky me!

The GA told me I could use my $5 coupon ... I said nah, it's not going to work, it will just take $5 off one of the 4F$20 games.

The GA said, nope, look, this coupon will take $5 off the highest value item, because it's a monthly cert.

He applied the coupon, and low and behold .. it worked correctly! [all shitty games were sold for $5 ea, the expensive Amiibo item marked down $5]

I was amazed. So I saved $5 in one ticket, as opposed to making two.

Naturally, I can only say it worked in this circumstance.

Yea, I'm just going to use B2G1 in-store it to stock up on a few titles lower in stock for the next few CSAC promos. Assuming the new $35 TIV weekly "Top Trade Values" will continue to happen, it could make having at least 3 copies of each a bit more justifiable.

I wonder if the buy-4-for-10/20 is ending next week, because there is no mention of it in the ad, and I feel like they have it mentioned in all the previous weeks' ads.

Anyone remember off the top what the recent converted to pre owned games are?

I know one was indivisible...
This list comes straight from the GameStop bags that are sitting in my video game playing area at home.

Indivisible (PS4 and XB1)

Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1 + 2 (XB1)

Mutant Road to Eden: Deluxe Edition (XB1)

Reel Fishing (PS4)

Sparklite (PS4 and XB1)

The Sinking City (PS4 and XB1)

Warhammer: Chaosbane (PS4 and XB1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back