2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not really. The question was akin to a B2G1 sale going on and the customer going, "That means I can buy these 2 $10 games and get a $50 game for free?" You know it's happened.

I don't know where he's looking, but the ad shows the math cleanly. The website doesn't seem to mention $100 off at all, so I'm not sure why there is always so much confusion in this thread.
Are we looking at the same website? ;+) -----> https://imgur.com/a/FdNcBxl

So is 4 for $20 and 4 for $10 still good for this week?  I know it's not in the weekly ad.

Edit:  Never mind, posters in other thread claim it's good until next year.

Yeah, I've got that and DOOM pre-ordered; those seem like as safe a bet as any.

But would you consider Kakarot or The Outer Worlds mass releases? It seems more likely to be from large publishers. But I was hoping the program would've expanded to include most titles :pray:
DBZ was a guaranteed one. Outer Worlds wasn’t b/c GS was concentrating on Modern Warfare, & many stores were sold out of Outer Worlds for 1-3 weeks post launch.

Why are you white knighting for GameStop customer service? Maybe they should not post fuzzy math deals if they don't want people asking questions? So nobody should ask about the details of a sale because you may need to call customer service at some point today?? I'm not trying to be rude, but come on, don't tell people they should not advocate for themselves to get a better deal.
Getting stuck in line behind the lady with the bob-haircut, who is complaining about something trivial, is never fun and is just a waste of the other people's time who are in queue.

Has anyone ordered Pokemon games from Gamestop online recently? I'm in the market for Black Version 2 & White Version 2 and looking to see if anyone's gotten complete copies lately.

Why are you white knighting for GameStop customer service? Maybe they should not post fuzzy math deals if they don't want people asking questions? So nobody should ask about the details of a sale because you may need to call customer service at some point today?? I'm not trying to be rude, but come on, don't tell people they should not advocate for themselves to get a better deal.
I mean if you are that concerned about saving $25 then you probably shouldn't be buying a console to begin with. Just my 2 cents. I value my personal time more than dealing with Gamestop Customer Service since the representatives really have no way of assisting you anyways. It is always well that has to be sent to "Back Office" and they will call you back (hint they won't) its just a plea to get you off the phone so they can meet their metrics of call resolution time. But if you want to waste your time go ahead.

I mean if you are that concerned about saving $25 then you probably shouldn't be buying a console to begin with. Just my 2 cents.
Isn't the site focused on saving money and helping others to do so too?

I value my personal time more than dealing with Gamestop Customer Service since the representatives really have no way of assisting you anyways. It is always well that has to be sent to "Back Office" and they will call you back (hint they won't) its just a plea to get you off the phone so they can meet their metrics of call resolution time. But if you want to waste your time go ahead.
If it's such a foregone conclusion that you cannot get help, then really the issue is that buying a "bigger ticket" item from GameStop as opposed to other retailers is inadvisable. Most other retailers have call center reps that might actually help a customer with a post purchase price match (eg, Amazon or Target).

I mean if you are that concerned about saving $25 then you probably shouldn't be buying a console to begin with. Just my 2 cents. I value my personal time more than dealing with Gamestop Customer Service since the representatives really have no way of assisting you anyways. It is always well that has to be sent to "Back Office" and they will call you back (hint they won't) its just a plea to get you off the phone so they can meet their metrics of call resolution time. But if you want to waste your time go ahead.
How does wanting to save a few extra bucks equate to not being financially able to purchase something? Why would I just shrug and pay extra when I could possibly spend 10-15 extra minutes and possibly save some more money. Your argument just does not hold water. Being smart with money can actually mean you end up with more of it in the long run.

I mean if you are that concerned about saving $25 then you probably shouldn't be buying a console to begin with.
d63edd9af879f866baea5e3c5b506959.jpg

How does wanting to save a few extra bucks equate to not being financially able to purchase something? Why would I just shrug and pay extra when I could possibly spend 10-15 extra minutes and possibly save some more money. Your argument just does not hold water. Being smart with money can actually mean you end up with more of it in the long run.
Possibly spend 45 minutes to an hour, only to get a rep that has no idea what the current promotions are, and is going to tell you whatever they have to to get you off the line without a discount. I'm sure you can at least get some points out of it and won't discourage you from trying, but just thinking about some of my customer service calls makes me want a cigarette.

I guess I should have read through this thread a little closer today before I hit up some Gamestops. I picked games based off the B2G1 but for the same cost I could have gotten another game or two. Oh well.  As far as pickups:

NES Remix Pack-WiiU

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed-WiiU

Legend of Kay Anniversary-WiiU

Lego Jurassic World-WiiU

Nioh-PS4

Far Cry Primal-PS4

I think I'm just about done with WiiU games. I'm trying to pick up anything that might be of any quality/rareness. I'm sitting at 66 games and there's only a handful left I think I'm going to get.

Thanks. I'm 800 points short of a $15 pre-owned cert and they don't offer a $10 pre-owned cert anymore, so $5 it is.
They do, you'll have to redeem your points through the desktop website instead. For some reason, the app doesn't show all of the coupons available. I know, weird.

They do, you'll have to redeem your points through the desktop website instead. For some reason, the app doesn't show all of the coupons available. I know, weird.
I don't even see it desktop. Oh well, I bought a X1X with the monthly $5 and a points $5. I asked the SL about "$100 off" and they just shrugged and said it's $250. And FYI, it's a $40 refurb fee for a X1S 1TB with a busted HDD. Hopefully there's a console trade in promo before the Animal Crossing edition Switch comes out.

I don't even see it desktop. Oh well, I bought a X1X with the monthly $5 and a points $5. I asked the SL about "$100 off" and they just shrugged and said it's $250. And FYI, it's a $40 refurb fee for a X1S 1TB with a busted HDD. Hopefully there's a console trade in promo before the Animal Crossing edition Switch comes out.
It is there. You may have to play around with the URL to get it to show. Pull of the $15 and adjust the last number in the URL.

DBZ was a guaranteed one. Outer Worlds wasn’t b/c GS was concentrating on Modern Warfare, & many stores were sold out of Outer Worlds for 1-3 weeks post launch.
You're right; I'm misremembering about Outer Worlds. It had the $10 pre-order rewards credit but was not G2L. Carry on.

I'd say that you've never called Gamestop Customer Service. The store associates don't even know their own promotions and yet you expect a call center employee who has absolutely nothing to do with sales promotions to have a clue what you are talking about? It's more like having the argument of the Lottery. "You can't win if you don't play" The odds are not in your favor but what the hell its only $1-$2 per shot right? And being smart with money can actually mean you end up with more of it in the long run.... ummm if you are smart with your money you wouldn't have to be concerned about a measly $25. Now if you are living paycheck to paycheck working a minimum wage job then yeah that $25 might be a big deal to you. But if $25 is going to make or break your lifestyle then you have much bigger things to worry about then saving a few bucks on a gaming system. I just simply stated that it wasn't worth my time.

I'd say that you've never called Gamestop Customer Service. The store associates don't even know their own promotions and yet you expect a call center employee who has absolutely nothing to do with sales promotions to have a clue what you are talking about? It's more like having the argument of the Lottery. "You can't win if you don't play" The odds are not in your favor but what the hell its only $1-$2 per shot right? And being smart with money can actually mean you end up with more of it in the long run.... ummm if you are smart with your money you wouldn't have to be concerned about a measly $25. Now if you are living paycheck to paycheck working a minimum wage job then yeah that $25 might be a big deal to you. But if $25 is going to make or break your lifestyle then you have much bigger things to worry about then saving a few bucks on a gaming system. I just simply stated that it wasn't worth my time.
Why’s are you on this site then? You seem like you don’t mind paying MSRP on things, why come to CAG?

Shut up.

CAG16 started working the moment B2G1 ended, so looks like promo stacking isn't going to be happening much in the future  :-({|=

Why’s are you on this site then? You seem like you don’t mind paying MSRP on things, why come to CAG?
Because it is hilarious to see all of the deals that this forum doesn't even get in on because they aren't in the know but they act like they're the authority when it comes to deals. CAG was great long ago but now it has also kind of gone the way that Gamestop is headed. The sense of entitlement is real on this forum.

And as far as MSRP... you are implying that I pay for anything in the first place with out of pocket funds that is Gaming related. If you were truly a CAG then flipping would pay for everything regardless of a 1 time out of pocket cost with compounding interest on your investments or flips. The whole flip game isn't just "Gamestop" as so many people get caught up in. Expand your horizons. Join some cook groups and move past your narrow vision.

Trade value for all Switch games got nuked except for the "Top trade value" games.
wow, they sure did....guess this will be the new normal moving forward...maybe the pre-owned price drops are coming soon (lol, yeah right :rofl: )? seems like they're starting to actually figure out what they're doing (ie: Cag16 on/off immedately with promotions, etc...)

Because it is hilarious to see all of the deals that this forum doesn't even get in on because they aren't in the know but they act like they're the authority when it comes to deals. CAG was great long ago but now it has also kind of gone the way that Gamestop is headed. The sense of entitlement is real on this forum.

And as far as MSRP... you are implying that I pay for anything in the first place with out of pocket funds that is Gaming related. If you were truly a CAG then flipping would pay for everything regardless of a 1 time out of pocket cost with compounding interest on your investments or flips. The whole flip game isn't just "Gamestop" as so many people get caught up in. Expand your horizons. Join some cook groups and move past your narrow vision.
So if you have all this wisdom why not share it instead of just replying with snarky comments on other's posts?

Let's change it up.

Well, I don't know about you all.  But I'm still scratching my head on how to properly flip. 

I mean, I have $0/very little money to spare these days on gaming. How do I turn that into $300/a new current generation video game console?

Also, is I'm not paying attention.  Is 10% off pre-owned still working if I renewed my Pro membership last year?  Thanks ahead.

So if you have all this wisdom why not share it instead of just replying with snarky comments on other's posts?
As in the words of "Loose lips sink ships" You cannot simply just share everything with the general public anymore. We used to talk about Slickdeals and ultimately that is where deals go to die because everyone will jump on it immediately. Posting glitches or loopholes on a public forum just ensures that they will be fixed/closed going forward or even order cancellations. And call me old school but I learned how to fish on my own. Just handing out information doesn't help you out in the long run. That is also why you don't see updated "Sheets" being posted on this forum anymore.

As in the words of "Loose lips sink ships" You cannot simply just share everything with the general public anymore. We used to talk about Slickdeals and ultimately that is where deals go to die because everyone will jump on it immediately. Posting glitches or loopholes on a public forum just ensures that they will be fixed/closed going forward or even order cancellations. And call me old school but I learned how to fish on my own. Just handing out information doesn't help you out in the long run. That is also why you don't see updated "Sheets" being posted on this forum anymore.
But..But..But, sharing is caring ):

Pretty sure nobody asked you to hand out deals to us dirty plebs.. BTW, can you try to layer on the condescension on a little thicker in your next post? I'm not sure it would have come though clear enough for some of the lower iq readers in this one. :bow:

Does anyone know how New converted to pre-owned works? I'm guessing they need to actually apply the pre owned sticker since New/pre-owned should have different SKUs and pricing? Asking because yesterday I saw KH III deluxe edition new for $60 or whatever. I asked if it was new and not pre-owned because I just bought a "pre-owned" one for $15. She said yeah it's new and I just let it be because I felt like even if she scanned it it would still show up as new.

Although I bought a PS4 one and this was XBONE so not sure of both were converted to pre-owned. Would kinda suck if I missed out on a deal cause they didn't get the memo from corporate.

Does anyone know how New converted to pre-owned works? I'm guessing they need to actually apply the pre owned sticker since New/pre-owned should have different SKUs and pricing? Asking because yesterday I saw KH III deluxe edition new for $60 or whatever. I asked if it was new and not pre-owned because I just bought a "pre-owned" one for $15. She said yeah it's new and I just let it be because I felt like even if she scanned it it would still show up as new.

Although I bought a PS4 one and this was XBONE so not sure of both were converted to pre-owned. Would kinda suck if I missed out on a deal cause they didn't get the memo from corporate.
It will be tagged as pre-owned.

Gamestop gets a list everyday of price changes, and employees are supposed to go through and adjust them as such. Depending on your store, and if the employees are lazy or not, this may impact whether or not you are seeing converted games as often or not.

Both new and pre-owned skus can be active at same time, but whether or not corporate tells them to convert new copies to pre-owned will be up to each store to make sure it's done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back