2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
So is there a flipping 101 forum somewhere? I would like to get a little better at this since I have been spending and collecting more.

So is there a flipping 101 forum somewhere? I would like to get a little better at this since I have been spending and collecting more.
Oh I can help you with flipping :)

Step 1: (ヘ・_・)ヘ┳━┳

Step 2: (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

Step 3: ???

Step 4: Profit

Let's change it up.

Well, I don't know about you all. But I'm still scratching my head on how to properly flip.

I mean, I have $0/very little money to spare these days on gaming. How do I turn that into $300/a new current generation video game console?

Also, is I'm not paying attention. Is 10% off pre-owned still working if I renewed my Pro membership last year? Thanks ahead.
You're too late. I was too late when I joined this forum a couple months ago.

I'm Dave, and this is Dave's guide to flipping

1 - Borrow all the PS4/Switch/XB1 games from your local library 

2 - Trade in games to gamestops with a promo 

3 - Buy those games back with a promo 

4 - Return those games to the library

5 - Profit

:dunce:

You think I'm dave? Take a look at how long I've been a member and my previous posts.
And you think I am Dave? I've been here since 2003. Most likely more OG than just about anyone left on these forums.

Anyways Gamestop is selling the Madden/FIFA 20 Bundles for the same price as the individual games. Worthless deal but 2 for the price of 1 if you want to look at it that way.

Reading things about Dave and IATCG and the length of CAG membership is nearly as boring as reading about whether $5 reward certs work on B2G1s for the umpteenth time. Nearly...

Carry on.

This thread.

source.gif

I'm here on the off chance something good does go on sale. That flipper shit you guys get into is exhausting and more power to ya, but I'd rather spend my weekends playing games than driving store to store to make money on games.

If I can come across a box of stuff at a yardsale or pawn shop during a promo I'm in but between store flipping is obnoxious discussion.

Helped my landlord clean out an apartment and was told to keep anything that interested me(would just be thrown away).  Which whoever lived there left a bunch of DVDs, some PS4 & XB1 games and a red right Joycon.  Most of them were CoD games,(Ghosts, WWII & Infinite Warfare) I already have.   But I did find a complete Minecraft PS4 Edition  

Just wondering if I should hold onto this copy of Minecraft for the next stealth bump or just trade it in now?   Seems like I remember that it was always on their most wanted list(back when they did them), but haven't checked in months.

I'm here on the off chance something good does go on sale. That flipper shit you guys get into is exhausting and more power to ya, but I'd rather spend my weekends playing games than driving store to store to make money on games.

If I can come across a box of stuff at a yardsale or pawn shop during a promo I'm in but between store flipping is obnoxious discussion.
Flipping is a game in and of itself. Boomeranging is a specific form of flipping I don’t really partake in deliberately. I much prefer to order online then relabel and ship off to amazon!

I’m too old to play games directly, mostly I just watch the kids fumble around and then help out on the difficult levels. (Finally beat Kirby on Wii U working on NSMBU+L and the pad is great for helping out, better experience than on switch I say!)

Flipping is a game in and of itself. Boomeranging is a specific form of flipping I don’t really partake in deliberately. I much prefer to order online then relabel and ship off to amazon!

I’m too old to play games directly, mostly I just watch the kids fumble around and then help out on the difficult levels. (Finally beat Kirby on Wii U working on NSMBU+L and the pad is great for helping out, better experience than on switch I say!)
Do you trade to Amazon for store credit for sell used on there for cash? Neeeeevermind, just spotted your message banner..

I don't know about you all. I don't have the heart for boomeranging. 

A Gamestop manager always staring daggers at me for just being there.  Not being a high roller and a devil customer half of the time doesn't help me.

One day I hope to master this flipping madness and legitimately earn the dagger stares.  Stay alive Gamstop, for my day to shine!

I don't flip or boomerang very often, just because most of the stores I frequent the employees are very nice and helpful, and most of them are pretty cool in general.

One day I hope to master this flipping madness and legitimately earn the dagger stares. Stay alive Gamstop, for my day to shine!
Flipping is easy! You see, a company as large as GameStop is slow to adjust to price drops elsewhere in the industry. So when a particular title's MSRP gets dropped from $60 to $20, you have a window of time where GameStop will still offer $23-$24 for it used. You go out and buy as many copies as you can get your hands on from big-box retailers, and dump them all at GameStop, for a profit of $3-$4 each, more if you're willing to settle for in-store credit. If the margins are high enough, and you get enough copies, you can earn a respectable profit from just shifting product form one place to another.

Of course, you could also just get a job in trucking, and earn the same amount or more per hour to do the exact same thing. But you wouldn't have the illicit thrill of knowing you're doing something that other people probably don't want you doing.

GameStop Employees Talking

Here's a pretty good article that sums up a lot of what I've been saying for a while now.

I don't know about you all. I don't have the heart for boomeranging.

A Gamestop manager always staring daggers at me for just being there. Not being a high roller and a devil customer half of the time doesn't help me.

One day I hope to master this flipping madness and legitimately earn the dagger stares. Stay alive Gamstop, for my day to shine!
Just let then quote you a price for your phone. They'll be your best friend.

Flipping is easy! You see, a company as large as GameStop is slow to adjust to price drops elsewhere in the industry. So when a particular title's MSRP gets dropped from $60 to $20, you have a window of time where GameStop will still offer $23-$24 for it used. You go out and buy as many copies as you can get your hands on from big-box retailers, and dump them all at GameStop, for a profit of $3-$4 each, more if you're willing to settle for in-store credit. If the margins are high enough, and you get enough copies, you can earn a respectable profit from just shifting product form one place to another.

Of course, you could also just get a job in trucking, and earn the same amount or more per hour to do the exact same thing. But you wouldn't have the illicit thrill of knowing you're doing something that other people probably don't want you doing.

Here's a pretty good article that sums up a lot of what I've been saying for a while now.
$3-4 lol yeah not an addiction at all

One thing I read in that article that I definitely agree with and have been following. Foot traffic is way down in stores. Sales are down much worse than people realize. They will miss every goal until the PS5 comes out, if they can last that long. And the part about lacking inventory should be the first big red flag for people watching them to see how they are doing. Q4 will be a disaster, and Q1 will be another one.

Has anyone had luck buying $10 games online, returning them in-store and repurchasing to get the 4 for 20? Not sure why you couldn't do it, just might be a dick thing to do.

Why do people think they are going to make a career for themselves at GameStop?

What’s the difference between GameStop and any other retail store job?

GameStop job is a stop, it’s a job don’t take it seriously the pay isn’t good and what do you expect out of it. If your manager barks at you there’s nothing you can do lol just be like ok.

Jeff bezos is praised but working at a amazon warehouse is horrible, they bark at you every 15 mins on the dot really every 15 mins, when it’s slow they scan your badge to see if your meeting your quota and obviously your not cause the machine might be down or the truck is late so what happens you get written up and sent home. The break room is lined with snacks out in the open but they are not free. They time your bathroom breaks...a girl gave birth in the bathroom and went back to work lol how do people praise amazon so much lol. And yet knock a small company like GameStop expecting better pay and better treatment to employees lol

One thing I read in that article that I definitely agree with and have been following. Foot traffic is way down in stores. Sales are down much worse than people realize. They will miss every goal until the PS5 comes out, if they can last that long. And the part about lacking inventory should be the first big red flag for people watching them to see how they are doing. Q4 will be a disaster, and Q1 will be another one.
Maybe they shouldn't be implementing business practices that shift from encouraging repeat visits, to encouraging 1 visit a month...

New consoles might be delayed with the corona virus as well so the speculated holiday release dates might not even happen

One thing I've repeatedly noticed in all of these articles is the assertion that the reason gamestop is failing, is because customers are turning to digital games in droves, and while that may technically be true, they never mention that the reason that is happening is because gamestop pushed them there by making shopping at GameStop a generally miserable experience.

Maybe they shouldn't be implementing business practices that shift from encouraging repeat visits, to encouraging 1 visit a month...
To them, they did implement a shift that encouraged repeat visits. They want you in there every month reliably rather than just when a game goes on sale. It's not going to work that way, but I can kind of see the logic they tried to use.

New consoles might be delayed with the corona virus as well so the speculated holiday release dates might not even happen
I heard that as well. Scary since my new console money is still in GS credit.

To them, they did implement a shift that encouraged repeat visits. They want you in there every month reliably rather than just when a game goes on sale. It's not going to work that way, but I can kind of see the logic they tried to use.

I heard that as well. Scary since my new console money is still in GS credit.
Mine too well I got at least $250 on one trade card that I’m saving for next gen...if anything happens I’ll just buy a switch and sell it for cash. Spending one trade card on the animal crossing switch and animal crossing. And I got another trade card for deals and small flips which would end up being used for next gen as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back