2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
My home county started requiring ID for trade.  Will that block me from trading in a Xbox copy today at two different stores?  Never had this restriction before.  

Maybe my area just has crappy stock or someone went crazy already, but no Bestbuy within 100 miles has a copy for either system showing up. Those planning on doing this all weekend should probably check the local stock first haha.

Step 1: Buy 2 copies of Division 2 from Best Buy for $10 (1 XBOX/1 PS4).

Step 2: Trade in the set at Gamestop for cash without account for $28.

Step 3: Go back to Best Buy and buy 2 sets for $20 and have $6-7 left over.

Step 4: Trade in 1 set at Gamestop without account for $35 credit and the other set at another Gamestop for $28 cash.

Step 5: Repeat Step 3-4.
Not going to lie. If I had Gamer's Club Unlocked, Elite Power Up Rewards, and a week of vacation with nothing better to do. I'd totally do this.

The more honest path is keeping me from having an Xbox One X, PlayStation 4 Pro, and a Switch.

Alright who TF put the Division thing on Slickdeals?? Hopefully y’all secured some copies lol

Edit: thank CheapestGamer for putting it on SD...

Alright who TF put the Division thing on Slickdeals??

Hopefully y’all secured some copies lol
Ended up with 3 copies for XBox and one for PS4. Seemed to be the last my store had. Traded one of each already. Will trade the other two tonight maybe. Wondering if having to show ID at those stores will cause any issues with regards to trading two (3) in the same day.

Just to update the missing rewards points, Just received an email, and I was told I do not receive points for trade-ins, nor do I receive points for items bought with trade credit. So since my last two purchases included a game trade in, and then a purchase with that credit, I will not be receiving any points. Does this sound correct to all of you? Is the literal only reason to have PRO now the monthly $5? I want to be mad but maybe I just wasn’t paying attention to changing policies.

Just to update the missing rewards points, Just received an email, and I was told I do not receive points for trade-ins, nor do I receive points for items bought with trade credit. So since my last two purchases included a game trade in, and then a purchase with that credit, I will not be receiving any points. Does this sound correct to all of you? Is the literal only reason to have PRO now the monthly $5? I want to be mad but maybe I just wasn’t paying attention to changing policies.
The no points for trades is correct. Purchasing with trade credit isn’t. I’ve always got points for that.

I hope that is not the case, I will pretty much never accumulate any points then. Haven’t spent a single dollar out of pocket since my first big trade in a year ago :(

For reference in my state I’ve always gotten points for trade in, cash outs, and purchases online and in-store with trade credit

I haven't received points for anything in-store in about a week, but I've really only been trading things in. I used to always get points even for trade ins.

I bought a 10 eshop for $5 after my PUR coupon, but that did not get me any points. I did, however, receive points for my 2 online orders I placed 3 days ago. All of this was using credit.

I don't remember seeing it in the thread, but it may be worth noting that the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game that came out today is G2L.

You know, in case you aren't sure if you like Pokemon side-games, and are usually more of, say, a Tom Clancy fan.

Or maybe you just have a coupon you don't have a specific use for this month?

That's exactly what the veterans GS thread in the lounge is for. Why people don't use it is beyond me. Well, hopefully everyone can make it today since I don't see this going for the whole weekend.

Traded in a few copies. Paid off animal crossing the game and paid off mystery dungeon...kept $10 tic

I’m done with this enjoy guys!

Alright who TF put the Division thing on Slickdeals?? Hopefully y’all secured some copies lol

Edit: thank CheapestGamer for putting it on SD...
Everybody on here vote it down and nobody will ever see it :+)

Edit: Guess that horse is already out of the barn, still down voting it anyhow, and his comments..

https://slickdeals.net/f/13901516-gamestop-is-offering-17-50-in-trade-credit-and-14-in-cash-in-store-for-every-copy-of-the-division-2-on-ps4-and-xb1-it-s-on-sale-at-best-buy-for-4-99-a-copy

Mystery Dungeon is a Guaranteed to Love title, so it's a great way to convert reward points and your $5 monthly reward into credit.

Was just told they track how many copies you’ve traded in through id, not sure how true that is, but you might want to be careful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mystery Dungeon is a Guaranteed to Love title, so it's a great way to convert reward points and your $5 monthly reward into credit.
i accidentally flipped too many Division 2's to pay for it lol...i'm going to use my certs on Doom in a few weeks (also Guaranteed to Love)...

Was just told that they track what games we trade in by our id, so be careful how many you trade in

Was just told that they track what games we trade in by our id, so be careful how many you trade in

Was just told they track how many copies you’ve traded in through id, not sure how true that is, but you might want to be careful

HEY GUYS DID ANYONE KNOW THEY TRACK YOUR TRADE-INS BY ID?!?!?!?!??!???!?!?!???

not all the games on the mwt030620 got bumped. god of war was $7 base yesterday and is still $7 base, ,meanwhile 7 days to die is not on there, amd on ps4 was 8 or 10 and is now $13.50
There’s no way to sort the list by most to least TIV now is there? When I try to sort from high to low it doesn’t work the way I want it to.

I just left a GameStop and after I traded in two copies of the game the store employee gave me a dirty look, they can eat a $hit for all I care, they act like it’s their money, you screw over your customers we will screw you over 10 fold

lol yes....guess I'll find out, my near by best buys are loaded with division 2. Just thought I'd ask. I though state ID check was a state by state thing.
Here in NY it is county by county. Where I work doesn't check just traded there today. Where I live does and that is just as of this year.

In the past I have traded 2 or 3 of the same game/platform on the same day without any issue (different stores). Was curious if anyone had any info if having them check drivers license might cause me an issue. Either way I am going to trade my last two XBox copies tonight. If they trade ban me for 2 of the same UPC in the same day so be it. Would be my first. Just not sure I will get back up to where my Game Stops are on Saturday or Sunday.

In the past without ID it never was an issue. Not sure it will be even with. Never really dealt with being asked for a drivers license until very recently (might have been tail end of 2019 when this started actually).

I swore I was done with gamestop. Then this happened and got 2 copies of Division 2 from Target (pm BB $10.40 out the door with redcard) and walked next door to gamestop and gor $45.50 in trade value. Left $5 on the nioh 2 preorder, used the remaining $40.50 and 4000 pur points towards a used copy of Death Stranding. So for $10.40 at Target and another $3.19 at Gamestop (plus 4000 pur points), I got a PS4 game I really wanted.

This is why I can't quit you.

Think I'm gonna pick up 4 copies of The Division 2. Trade 2 in today and 2 in tomorrow to get Animal Crossing + $20 eshop credit for essentially $20. I hate going to Gamestop but this is too good of a deal to pass up.

The people on that slickdeals thread are about as dumb as a bag of rocks. Shame on whoever posted it there, not because I'm trying to gatekeep (although I might be) but because no one on that website reads the rules of the flip. People are talking about buying 20 copies to trade in to get $280 even though it specifically explains the limits in the SD post. Idiots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back