2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh man that value tanked bad, from $17.50 base to $5 base is huge. So glad I decided to make my runs last night.

Still can make money if you're converting with a preorder but yeah better to sit out of your trying to flip for cash.

I wonder if the high trade in value for the game was truly caused by an algorithm seeing a lack of stock but high demand (due to the cheap price the week before)..if all the trades yesterday of that game resulted in the algorithm ending the high value.

Nah..that's too advanced for GS.

Edit...also is anyone else getting a driver error screen when they post a new post? Been happening for a day plus now.

So is the CAG Gamestop Vets lounge still in operation? If so, how does one gain access?
It's still operational, though people seldom use it. You just need a year-old account to access it. Obviously, we should have been using it all along since it is called the GS trade discussion thread.

Now that the trade deal is done, has anyone had a birthday since the new Pro went into effect? I wanted to know if we still get anything for our birthdays. It used to be a 20% off coupon on the first day of the month of your birthday, but I haven't gotten anything. An employee I spoke with said she thought it might be a $5 coupon, but didn't sound too sure. I won't be disappointed if it's nothing, which is what I think it is.

I wonder if the high trade in value for the game was truly caused by an algorithm seeing a lack of stock but high demand (due to the cheap price the week before)..if all the trades yesterday of that game resulted in the algorithm ending the high value.

Nah..that's too advanced for GS.

Edit...also is anyone else getting a driver error screen when they post a new post? Been happening for a day plus now.
I am getting strange behavior when I try to post, it hangs on "saving" and if I wait a little while and refresh the page it does seem to post.

I wouldn't return them just yet. At $5 it's still a good trade in value for upcoming (possible) promotions. For $5, doesn't hurt to keep them until before the return date ends.

It's still operational, though people seldom use it. You just need a year-old account to access it. Obviously, we should have been using it all along since it is called the GS trade discussion thread.

Now that the trade deal is done, has anyone had a birthday since the new Pro went into effect? I wanted to know if we still get anything for our birthdays. It used to be a 20% off coupon on the first day of the month of your birthday, but I haven't gotten anything. An employee I spoke with said she thought it might be a $5 coupon, but didn't sound too sure. I won't be disappointed if it's nothing, which is what I think it is.
Well, my birthday was just last week, and I got nothing at all. The monthly $5 came in on the first, but nothing beyond that. Probably killed in during the “upgrades” of Pro recently.

My birthday is in February, and this was the first year I didn't get a birthday coupon.

I wouldn't return them just yet. At $5 it's still a good trade in value for upcoming (possible) promotions. For $5, doesn't hurt to keep them until before the return date ends.
Yeah but we don't know if the $5 base is the increased trade value for most wanted trade weekend or if it is going to stay there. My guess is on Tuesday it will drop to $2

When was the last time Gamestop did a tiered trade in promo (trade 6 games for 50% bonus trade)?

Traded in 7 copies of Division 2 along with a copy of slime rancher XB (bought digital for $7.99) and 2 top switch games. Went to 4 stores, and all but 3 copies I traded towards a one of boost games. Ended up with Animal Crossing and Nioh 2 SE (all paid off) $10 down on Ghost Of Tshushima SE. Also used 24k in points and credit for a used copy of BOTW. I have $84 left on a trade card and got 6k points today. Gonna use the credit and my $5 cert to pay off Persona 5 on the 31st. Should get 2 $10 PUR rewards from AC and Persona too. 

I had Animal crossing paid of at Best Buy with a gift card so I got all that back after canceling and used it to order Rise of Skywalker and 1917 4k steelbooks.

Traded in 7 copies of Division 2 along with a copy of slime rancher XB (bought digital for $7.99) and 2 top switch games. Went to 4 stores, and all but 3 copies I traded towards a one of boost games. Ended up with Animal Crossing and Nioh 2 SE (all paid off) $10 down on Ghost Of Tshushima SE. Also used 24k in points and credit for a used copy of BOTW. I have $84 left on a trade card and got 6k points today. Gonna use the credit and my $5 cert to pay off Persona 5 on the 31st. Should get 2 $10 PUR rewards from AC and Persona too.

I had Animal crossing paid of at Best Buy with a gift card so I got all that back after canceling and used it to order Rise of Skywalker and 1917 4k steelbooks.
Target came in clutch with the price match on division 2

Slickdeal effect...once it's there and 100s of people start flipping a ton of Division 2's it's game over....
Kinda puts it all in perspective. All our flipping here doesn't really amount to much in the grand scheme of things at Gamestop. But if Slickdeals gets it...suddenly everyone is trying to pay off their mortgage with copies of Division 2.

I got my flippers wet on the Division 2 deal, pretty nice. Only one of my BBs had copies of PS4 and neither had XB1. Did a pick up order for 2 PS4 copies. Went to Target but they claimed none in stock even though they showed online for XB1. Anyway, took in both PS4 copies to my favorite GS location and they gave me no issues with the trade. I just explained that I had picked up a couple of copies at a good price since GS was offering so much credit. They said they would take them both as long as I opened them outside and did two separate transactions since they were only suppose to do one copy at a time. Probably helped that I was asking to preorder a couple of games too. I guess I didn't understand the reserve boost, I only got $19.25 credit to reserve Torchlight 2 and Destroy All Humans. Also picked up 4/$20 while I was there and she even hooked me up with a sealed converted copy of Monster Hunter. Also got an Origins steelbook gold edition in fantastic shape and a copy of South Park that looked newly opened from the drawers. Not as profitable as others but made a few bucks in credit and got some great stuff for the collection; even had a good time chatting game stuff with the associates.  

Appreciate the heads up on the deal and being part of group. I see how this can get addicting quick. 

Kinda puts it all in perspective. All our flipping here doesn't really amount to much in the grand scheme of things at Gamestop. But if Slickdeals gets it...suddenly everyone is trying to pay off their mortgage with copies of Division 2.
I wouldn't be playing it off as if CAG doesn't do its fair share of harm if I were you, especially when you all talk about having multiple accounts with $2000 in trade-ins each. But I get that y'all want to feel better about being so scummy.

I wouldn't be playing it off as if CAG doesn't do its fair share of harm if I were you, especially when you all talk about having multiple accounts with $2000 in trade-ins each. But I get that y'all want to feel better about being so scummy.
Aww did gamestop get a little ouchie? Sorry you're mad at your fellow human being instead of some faceless corporation you absolute mind slave. Why don't you go hang out outside a walmart and ask for peoples receipts you snitch.

The voice of reason here, if I was stuck with copies I'd wait a couple weeks at least as long as you're not hard up. I think BB gives you 30 days to return and a lot can happen in that time.

My local reps are pretty laid back about the whole thing. I may trade in Smash for something and pick up a copy of Mario Make 2 though.

No reason to feel scummy. I legally bought the games for the advertised price, and I legally sold them back to Gamestop for their advertised trade in price.

Aww did gamestop get a little ouchie? Sorry you're mad at your fellow human being instead of some faceless corporation you absolute mind slave. Why don't you go hang out outside a walmart and ask for peoples receipts you snitch.
Nah kiddo, totally wrong. My posts in this thread are pointing out how you kids exploit the company as much as you can and then complain when something negative happens or the company doesn't do so well. I can look down on you hypocrites and have no obligation to the corporation at the same time. You little boys and your poverty wages never seem to accept responsibility for the consequences.

No reason to feel scummy. I legally bought the games for the advertised price, and I legally sold them back to Gamestop for their advertised trade in price.
According to GS this is exactly a reason to feel scummy. In their opinion, if you're not paying over MSRP and trading for pennies on the dollar, you're literally stealing from the company and should be treated like a thief lol.

Anyhow, got back from using my March $5 and had to listen to the ASL BS a guy into putting down several hundred dollars worth of his trade on multiple copies of Animal Crossing because 'all the credit has to be used on preorders to get the trade bonus'. Hilariously stupid.

According to GS this is exactly a reason to feel scummy. In their opinion, if you're not paying over MSRP and trading for pennies on the dollar, you're literally stealing from the company and should be treated like a thief lol.

Anyhow, got back from using my March $5 and had to listen to the ASL BS a guy into putting down several hundred dollars worth of his trade on multiple copies of Animal Crossing because 'all the credit has to be used on preorders to get the trade bonus'. Hilariously stupid.
That means every customer that buys games from them on a deal and trades it in are terrible customers for them.

My big issue is the trade in policy isn't universal

Some stores let you trade 4 of each in at once, and some are 1 of each per 24 hours

And there seems to be no clear cut answer beyond pure luck

My big issue is the trade in policy isn't universal

Some stores let you trade 4 of each in at once, and some are 1 of each per 24 hours

And there seems to be no clear cut answer beyond pure luck
I suspect the POS allows you to trade in 10 copies of XB1 Division 2 if you wanted to but its very YMMV when it comes to what the employee will allow

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back