2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently GS is having a conference call today to discuss plans for the launches Thursday night. I wouldn't be surprised if they end up scrapping them. My local store expects at least 50 for just Animal Crossing.

Not gonna be much use to those of us locked down...
That will be all of us by the 28th. We are on track to have the same number of cases in the United States that Italy did when they locked down by the 21st. By the 28th we will have the same number of cases as they have today

If Gamestop wanted to turn some profits, they should start selling toilet paper. It's harder to find toilet paper than a copy of NCAA 14, in store.

Apparently GS is having a conference call today to discuss plans for the launches Thursday night. I wouldn't be surprised if they end up scrapping them. My local store expects at least 50 for just Animal Crossing.
They will likely cancel the Thursday night launches. I am already anticipating the possibility of buying Animal Crossing digital and just waiting to pick my copy of Doom Eternal up if they end up closing the stores down.

They will likely cancel the Thursday night launches. I am already anticipating the possibility of buying Animal Crossing digital and just waiting to pick my copy of Doom Eternal up if they end up closing the stores down.
It would be nice if they gave us a way to get our deposits back as store credit so we can buy digital (or eShop credit) from them ... but I'm sure they won't.

Just had the strangest thing happen, got a call from GS telling me they were having an early release of MLB The Show and I can come pick it up tonight.. 

When I picked up Nioh 2 last Friday my store said Nintendo doesn't allow 9pm releases for games. They said Friday only for Animal Crossing. They grabbed a paper and said they were having one for Persona 5 Royal though.

I paid off my Animal Crossing pre-order so hopefully I can get it for my kids. 

Anyone know when Gamestop might charge for my Doom Eternal CE? I used a Gamestop credit card and nothing has come off yet.

GameStop Reddit wants to close down.

Lol I'll risk it all for doom and animal crossing. After Friday they can do whatever but those 2 come before everything else.

Im going in store after work and cancelling my pre orders due to the shelter in place. This is going into affect tonight in the east bay.
I'm right with you brother. I wanted to buy another game for the Switch I'm giving my daughter on her birthday (which is now cancelled too) but I really can't do that now. I have my supplies and we are basically forced to cancel everything now with government issued orders that say if you so much as have a friend over you're technically committing a misdemeanor.

Will gamestop extend coupon deadlines if safety measures are implemented that strongly discourage store visits. I have an in-store only coupon that expires at the end of the month.

For real though y'all stay safe. IF you go out please be wary.

When I pick up AC I'm gonna have gloves. I would advise the same.

You know wash hands don't touch people blah blah. Just take it seriously.

Will gamestop extend coupon deadlines if safety measures are implemented that strongly discourage store visits. I have an in-store only coupon that expires at the end of the month.
don't count on it. weigh your own health and the health of others if you think $5 is worth it. or $25 whatever the coupon is for.

I feel sorry for people with pre-orders at Gamestops in the malls near me. They're all closed until at least the end of next week
That's my situation. Got both Doom and AC (along with P5R) paid off at my only local store, which happens to be in a mall. Supposedly, the mall isn't completely closed, but I can't imagine GS being open at all under these circumstances. The store's already small enough without a gaggle of people clogging it up, and you KNOW that all that stuff's been handled repeatedly over the past few weeks/months. No guarantee that anything would be cleaned at all.

Sucks, but it's not like my backlog won't feed me for years. Just kinda want to make sure I get my pre-order junk...

...and you KNOW that all that stuff's been handled repeatedly over the past few weeks/months. No guarantee that anything would be cleaned at all.
The last few weeks don't matter, the last three days (tops) do. Covid-19 lasts at most 3 days on plastic and metal surfaces in a lab environment (less on other surfaces). Unfortunately I could only find one study on this but it's been republished lots of places. So you could wear gloves, unwrap the plastic (throw it away), and enjoy your game immediately.

That said, thanks for not going to the mall. The greater personal and social risk is going into the mall in the first place.

Defeating this virus only works if we are all doing our part to limit contact with others to reduce the spread. It's the most important massively multiplayer game that we are all playing right now.

I'm expecting all GameStop's to be closed by the end of the day. The newest recommendation to limit gatherings to 10 or less has started a chain of "our stores are closed effective immediately" emails in my inbox. Usually my local GameStop would be lucky to have even 1/2 that many people in the store at one time (usually its 4 tops including the clerk), but these big releases could actually bring people in.

I hope I can pickup my pre-order on Friday at my local Gamestop, it's not in a mall but with the way things are moving so fast you never know.

I hope I can pickup my pre-order on Friday at my local Gamestop, it's not in a mall but with the way things are moving so fast you never know.
I hope they offer to ship you your game instead.

That sales clerk shoudln't have to be there interacting with customers. They could be closed to the public and boxing/shipping games today and tomorrow so you still get them by release day.

I’m going to buy Doom Eternal digitally instead. I had it pre-ordered in full already, would I be able to switch that to another game after this all dies down?

I’m going to buy Doom Eternal digitally instead. I had it pre-ordered in full already, would I be able to switch that to another game after this all dies down?
Yeah, they'll keep you money/credit and tpu'll be able to put it towards another game. I've got 3 pre-orders paid off for Friday but there's no way I'm going out and risking it for things I can get online so I'll get AC digital and let itnride until things are safe and put my $180 towards different games

I wouldn't worry too much about the stores closing. The people on the reddit page have been saying that corporate will only close stores if they are ordered to. The people seem pretty bitter about it, based on the comments.

I had to return a delivery today and learned my local Gamestop had cancelled their midnight launch of AC. The guy at the register said they've been pretty busy and couldn't put out the call. They're just going to open early at 9am.

PS5 details coming tomorrow. My plan to use the last of my GS credit to get one before they go under is met with the reality that they might go on preorder while we are on shelter in place here in the Bay Area. I'm shocked they are able to stay open given the order, but I guess most business that wanted to can find a loophole in the guidelines.

PS5 details coming tomorrow. My plan to use the last of my GS credit to get one before they go under is met with the reality that they might go on preorder while we are on shelter in place here in the Bay Area. I'm shocked they are able to stay open given the order, but I guess most business that wanted to can find a loophole in the guidelines.
Now I have to figure out which store has a higher chance of staying open (not going out of business), by the time the PSV comes out. If one of your stores closed and it is transferred to your closest one, how do you figure that out if you have 5 stores close to each other?

Now I have to figure out which store has a higher chance of staying open (not going out of business), by the time the PSV comes out. If one of your stores closed and it is transferred to your closest one, how do you figure that out if you have 5 stores close to each other?
They would call and tell you closer to launch. Or you could just call and ask, as the store taking the closing stores preorders would know well in advance (my local store knew they were taking a closing stores preorders at the beginning of this month when it was announced that store would be closing).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back