2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I just brought some to my nearest store. If you can afford to spare the supplies, you might want to consider doing it too lest your store become an epicenter for germs. On the GS subreddit, employees are complaining about customers bringing their kids off from school in and touching everything. Mine didn't have a single customer, though, so I'm glad the people around me are sensible enough not to go in.

Of course he did cant let any opportunity to make a video about it go///
He's also been inundated with messages about it I'm sure. Why wouldn't he make a video about it? It's not like it's a made up topic or something. The GS reddit is nothing but anti corporate messages right now too.

One thing his corporate contact did say (and the contact is who I trust) is that if Gamestop has to shut down for a week or two then it's basically game over for them. If the PS5 announcement tomorrow is that it is being pushed back, and also the stores end up closing for a time, then I think that's my cash out point.

i though it was 6 feet? but then again, alot of the gamestops i have been in, that would be one person in the store and everyone else outside

If their website and app were useful, you could filter by "in my store today" and browse a store's inventory instead of going item by item. Then, they could close stores to the public and ship out orders and/or offer curbside pickup.

Did a VERY short travel today to a few GS's to cancel pre-orders.  I was wearing gloves - shits real.

The employee was wearing gloves, and shouted as soon as I walked in, not to touch anything, because it was all sanitized.  If I needed to see something, ASK. When someone else walked up to the (propped open) door, the employee shouted please wait outside until a customer leaves.  When the customer looked befuddled, the shout was "WAIT OUTSIDE UNTIL I CALL YOU IN".  (Only me and someone else in the store.)  Shits real.

Converted pre-orders to credit, bought some e-shop, extra Nintendo-Online time.

What breaks my heart was I cancelled my AC pre-orders, and then converted them to digital.  I hope the -X cancel, +X pre-order applies for my GS folks, for their metrics, but like hell I'm showing up Friday with 100+ other people to pick up the game.  The games were for the whole family.  /sigh - digital.  I cancelled and converted the games to digital and all the codes worked.

I can say the codes they give in store will work, if you cancel physical and buy digital.

I canned all my pre-orders, shifting games to stuff releasing around Christmas 2020.  Half a dozen involved.  In some cases, it was actually a good excuse to kill pre-orders the employee made me spend all the bonus money on.  Kill them all, to put $5 back on some Christmas release.  Employee's were OK with me dumping games, in light of the epidemic on hand.

Employee's are probably more pissed at GS than customers.

The employee was wearing gloves, and shouted as soon as I walked in, not to touch anything, because it was all sanitized. If I needed to see something, ASK.
I'm going to call and ask if they can convert the trade credit to a card and then read me the card number and the pin. If they steal it, I don't care. No need to go into the store over $5

Ah, didn't see that. Friday will suck then.
The mortality rate is 3-4%. It's really not an issue, if people cancel now and go digital, provided then can, safely.

I'm a betting man, but the death rate is not very good odds.

Not my game.

---

Anyways GS may not even be open by Friday, nationwide.

Yeah, I just brought some to my nearest store. If you can afford to spare the supplies, you might want to consider doing it too lest your store become an epicenter for germs. On the GS subreddit, employees are complaining about customers bringing their kids off from school in and touching everything. Mine didn't have a single customer, though, so I'm glad the people around me are sensible enough not to go in.
Lol what? You want us to donate our cleaning supplies to a massive company that's too cheap to do it themselves. Get the fuck out of here.

Does anyone know what happens to the closing stores if they’re forced to close due to to coronavirus before their closing dates?
How petty can you be?

If the local stores are forced into closure due to the Chinese Coronavirus, there should be more pressing issues on your mind.

However..

My guess is GS will liquidate inventory "elsewhere". They don't need customers, in order to wholesale it all off somewhere else. Customers are apparently more convenient, but not pivotal to their scheme.

Sell it to Asia, along with old phones?

If the store closes, you're not likely going to be a candidate to buy any portions of whatever is left. Clearing the air.

Anyone keeping their physical preorder of Animal Crossing?
Me. The only thing that concerns me if Im able to still be eligible for the $10 certificate because unfortunately my preorder for that and Doom are both at a GS in a mall. I have no idea if I can pick up my copy on Friday. Apparently malls are closing indefinitely starting in less than 2 hours

Yeah just called the store and I might be screwed. Honestly I can wait on those two games, I just really want the $10 coupon. Hopefully CS can be understanding when I call them and explain the situation. I have proof and everything to support my cause.

Me. The only thing that concerns me if Im able to still be eligible for the $10 certificate because unfortunately my preorder for that and Doom are both at a GS in a mall. I have no idea if I can pick up my copy on Friday. Apparently malls are closing indefinitely starting in less than 2 hours
Oh my...

Well...

A good question would be if anyone tried GS CS to cancel AC and convert to digital? or any pre-orders, acutally.

OP:

I guess you lose the $10 (maybe?) .. and you lose the poster.

A mall though /ugh. germ city.

Oh my...

Well...

A good question would be if anyone tried GS CS to cancel AC and convert to digital? or any pre-orders, acutally.

OP:
I guess you lose the $10 (maybe?) .. and you lose the poster.

A mall though /ugh. germ city.
The verbiage for the $10 preorder bonus seems to apply for physical and digital.

*While Supplies Last. Not valid on Pre-Owned. PowerUp Rewards Pro Members are eligible for $10 Rewards Cash and Player Members are eligible for $5 Rewards Cash when you purchase Animal Crossing by 3/26/20. Coupon will be delivered to member’s Active Offers within 7 business days of launch of the game. Rewards Cash valid until 4/9/20. Limit one per customer.

Online/Store Customers: Coupons will be delivered to member's Active Offers within 7 business days of purchase.

The virus started in China. China had cases 1 month before the news broke out. Derp.
Do us all a favor and stop posting. Not only are you obnoxious with your long, drawn out posts that are mostly verbal diarrhea...you’re clearly really fucking ignorant.

Do us all a favor and stop posting. Not only are you obnoxious with your long, drawn out posts that are mostly verbal diarrhea...you’re clearly really fucking ignorant.
Because you like contention in these times, I added the source.

I'll add it again.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/china-knew-about-coronavirus-earlier-patient-zero

AirCobra, I'm not really sure why you act so obtuse. You seem afraid that people might actually get information. Please stop.

These are trying times, and people need information. Whether it's personal experiences, or news references. Please stop being a dusche bag, is my response. Stop trying to hinder communication (by telling me to stop posting).

Grow up.

ps-

CNN is dogshit. So is MSNBC. ABC. CBS. There is a reason Foxnews tops the charts across ratings. FOX criticizes Trump, Nancy, Bernie, equally. They spit out news - they don't cherry pick what to report, as other "premier" sources seem to do.

Comedy Central "daily show" seems to be the best place to watch misinformation, 2nd is CNN. From the bottom of the barrel, upwards.

racist much? never heard anybody said chinese corona virus
It started with Mark Meadows and Giuliani last week (that I saw anyway). The orange man himself (or whoever runs his Twitter) tweeted it out as the "Chinese Virus" this morning.

This knucklehead links that source *and* defends it in one post. See ya.

I put that guy on ignore about a week ago and it really makes scrolling through this thread much more bearable. I recommend others do the same.

Lol what? You want us to donate our cleaning supplies to a massive company that's too cheap to do it themselves. Get the fuck out of here.
I can’t even get supplies for myself because they’re out of stock.
Won't somebody PLEASE think about the corporations!
You guys don't know how to read, yeah? I'll emphasize the important parts so it's less taxing for your brains:

Because you like contention in these times, I added the source.

I'll add it again.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/china-knew-about-coronavirus-earlier-patient-zero

AirCobra, I'm not really sure why you act so obtuse. You seem afraid that people might actually get information. Please stop.

These are trying times, and people need information. Whether it's personal experiences, or news references. Please stop being a dusche bag, is my response. Stop trying to hinder communication (by telling me to stop posting).

Grow up.

ps-

CNN is dogshit. So is MSNBC. ABC. CBS. There is a reason Foxnews tops the charts across ratings. FOX criticizes Trump, Nancy, Bernie, equally. They spit out news - they don't cherry pick what to report, as other "premier" sources seem to do.

Comedy Central "daily show" seems to be the best place to watch misinformation, 2nd is CNN. From the bottom of the barrel, upwards.
like when fox news called the coronavirus an impeachment hoax? or when they were telling people to support the economy by going to restaurants and bars and ignore warnings from the cdc?

Don't want to bring politics into this gamestop thread, but anyone that still plans to vote for Trump please go outside and lick every surface you can. Thanks!  :drool:

That and if you actually want to support GS employees, STOP GOING TO THE fuckING STORE (for now)

like when fox news called the coronavirus an impeachment hoax? or when they were telling people to support the economy by going to restaurants and bars and ignore warnings from the cdc?
I would be very interested in a source for this. Feel free to substantiate your assertions.

I consider myself an open-minded individual. I like all facts.

The verbiage for the $10 preorder bonus seems to apply for physical and digital.

*While Supplies Last. Not valid on Pre-Owned. PowerUp Rewards Pro Members are eligible for $10 Rewards Cash and Player Members are eligible for $5 Rewards Cash when you purchase Animal Crossing by 3/26/20. Coupon will be delivered to member’s Active Offers within 7 business days of launch of the game. Rewards Cash valid until 4/9/20. Limit one per customer.

Online/Store Customers: Coupons will be delivered to member's Active Offers within 7 business days of purchase.
Anyone have any luck in the past getting the $10 reward cash for buying digital?

I would be very interested in a source for this. Feel free to substantiate your assertions.

search for Trish Regan? the clip about supporting the economy I dont recall who said it, but i think we have posted enough off topic, so i wont go looking for it. besides, i really think you will just come up with some conspiracy of news companies attacking fox news anyway.

So Magic Johnson has the African Faggot Had Sex With a Monkey virus?
Why is it so hard to believe the virus started in China /boggle

There is evidence.

/sigh WWF

Really. Humanity has no surviveability because humans are so stupid. Dogs are smarter. Cats will outlive us all. Rodents longer, insects even longer. Terrific.

Gotta get them cheap China items! #$@# the virus.

He's talking about Devin Nunes on the second point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHg5OBxqGhw

2 Minutes in is when he starts saying that. Watching the whole clip is probably best though because it gives the context that what he was saying before it was pretty reasonable.

He may be uninformed as he says "If you're healthy..." apparently without realizing that one can be a carrier of the virus with no symptoms quite easily. Even so, what he said is TERRIBLE advice (less terrible if he only meant TAKE-OUT, which he clearly didn't, though that is the post-oops spin).

On topic : I like games.

search for Trish Regan? the clip about supporting the economy I dont recall who said it, but i think we have posted enough off topic, so i wont go looking for it. besides, i really think you will just come up with some conspiracy of news companies attacking fox news anyway.
Devin Nunes. Found it for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back