2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even for digital currency? I thought you could get screwed buying psn cards with credit?
This is what I thought, too. I did have an issue, and who knows if the call centers on the other side of the world would be open now; even if so, I wouldn't feel right about doing it. I'm not going to the store, either.

If anybody has any information on using trade credit, online, please, post it for everyone to see.

Thanks!

If anybody has any information on using trade credit, online, please, post it for everyone to see.
I just used trade credit to re-up Netflix for another year (online digital code) No issues!

cGSKCFR.jpg

AFAIK the Gamestops in Pennsylvania are closed for a couple weeks, and I have Resident Evil 3 pre-ordered (under the basis I'd have received it at 9PM the night before launch, of course). What's my best course of action here, preorder it now on Amazon and in a month or two collect my preorder in store when things have died down?

AFAIK the Gamestops in Pennsylvania are closed for a couple weeks, and I have Resident Evil 3 pre-ordered (under the basis I'd have received it at 9PM the night before launch, of course). What's my best course of action here, preorder it now on Amazon and in a month or two collect my preorder in store when things have died down?
If you really want it on release, sure.

Just went and cashed out all my GS credit from the Div2 weekend for Xbox credit.  Cashier gave me a $#!%ty attitude for cancelling pre-orders but with half the stores in our mall closed anyway, it's only a matter of time until I wouldn't be able to get there anyway and pick up anything physical.  Going to leave him some good surveys to hopefully soften the blow.

Just wasn't comfortable with leaving $100+ on a gift card for a store with such an uncertain future.

Went to pick up some Jimmy Johns for lunch and the Gamestop next door is closing down. Stopped in and they were mostly wiped clean, but I did manage to pick up Fire Emblem Warriors on Switch for under $10. I guess they started closing about a month ago and will go till the end of April, but not sure how they will get that far with what they had left today. 

Probably good I missed out on the start of the sale otherwise I'd be trading games for supplies right now lol. 

Amazon isn’t shipping non essentials and has been delaying FF7 orders so that may not be an option either

Weird, got an error ("Your order could not be submitted. Please review your payment settings and try again. Thank you for your patience!") but maybe I'll try in store either way.

EDIT: nvm, it went through and I got $100 Netflix card! Thanks!

EDIT2: Also worked for Hulu gift cards! Got $75. Perfect way to use up some credit.
Yep, I thought it might have been exclusive to gift cards, but trade credit worked when I tried last year. I usually try and convert GS credit into just about anything else (amazon mostly), but 1:1 to Netflix is fine since its super easy (no boxes to ship to amazon) and my previous netflix payment method was credit card (ie - cash)

Word from the reddit forums is that GS is raising prices on everything! Which hopefully means a trade bump soon! Maybe my home store will let me drop off a bag at the door then wave when its rung up and fling a trade card back at me.

This is what I thought, too. I did have an issue, and who knows if the call centers on the other side of the world would be open now; even if so, I wouldn't feel right about doing it. I'm not going to the store, either.

Thanks!
I know many people say that they have issues using credit online, but i have been buying eShop and PSN credit online for years using trade credit and I have had no problems. I get the codes via email within 15 min, usually faster. If you use the website the redeem codes are actually right there on the confirmation page.

Probably a bit OT but is there a reason why so many older, high selling NS games are still so expensive..? Like I've been wanting to pick up BotW again but it's still basically full price. Even on eBay, used copies still go for $50. I know the sequel coming prob has rekindled interest but still... 

Probably a bit OT but is there a reason why so many older, high selling NS games are still so expensive..? Like I've been wanting to pick up BotW again but it's still basically full price. Even on eBay, used copies still go for $50. I know the sequel coming prob has rekindled interest but still...
Keep checking for Walmart pre-owned. $33.50. That's where I got mine:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/The-Legend-of-Zelda-Breath-of-the-Wild-Nintendo-Nintendo-Switch-REFURBISHED-PREOWNED/857343387

Malls in NE Florida are closing tonight for the rest of March. My local GS is still open and has 130 preorders for Animal Crossing and only 10 people at a time in-store. It’s going to be a cluster...

Bought a used ps vita yesterday, and hoping it's in good condition. If it isn't, and since o have to probably wait a week or longer (since they changed to crappy shipping service for free shipping option), I'm wondering how their return policy is going to work if they decide to close most their stores for the next 3-4 weeks.

Received the replacement today, so what's the procedure for returning the original non-working game? Invoice in the package doesn't say about it.

Bought a used ps vita yesterday, and hoping it's in good condition. If it isn't, and since o have to probably wait a week or longer (since they changed to crappy shipping service for free shipping option), I'm wondering how their return policy is going to work if they decide to close most their stores for the next 3-4 weeks.
Just ship it right back. Should be free.

I ordered DOOM and Animal Crossing online yesterday because I wasn't sure what was going to happen with the stores this weekend. DOOM is preparing for shipment and I was shipped a 'DOOM tin', anyone know what it looks like? I don't remember seeing anything about it and there is no picture of it.
I placed my order for Doom yesterday and it was marked as shipped today. Unfortunately, I do not see a tin anywhere on my order page, so I guess I just have to return once it arrives.

local store called that Torchlight II PS4 physical copy was cancelled for release, for those that had it pre-ordered in store.
I got that call today too for my XB1 copy. She just moved it to my Destroy All Humans preorder over the phone. She said I could order a Microsoft credit over the phone with me $5 reward and pick up outside the store. Also mentioned the 10 people limit. I told her I would call or stop in depending on how things are looking in a couple weeks.

I trust them at this location so not a big deal but I do not see an amount applied to my preorders online...am I missing something?

Received the replacement today, so what's the procedure for returning the original non-working game? Invoice in the package doesn't say about it.
Everytime I had a messed up or wrong game they just told me to keep it. Not sure if price would determine if they actually wanted it sent back.

I got that call today too for my XB1 copy. She just moved it to my Destroy All Humans preorder over the phone. She said I could order a Microsoft credit over the phone with me $5 reward and pick up outside the store. Also mentioned the 10 people limit. I told her I would call or stop in depending on how things are looking in a couple weeks.

I trust them at this location so not a big deal but I do not see an amount applied to my preorders online...am I missing something?
I dont think it shows how much is on the pre orderes online

@GameStop: To ensure we adhere to CDC-recommended social distancing guidelines, we will be selling DOOM Eternal a day early on Thursday, 3/19 as a safety pre...

@GameStop: To ensure we adhere to CDC-recommended social distancing guidelines, we will be selling DOOM Eternal a day early on Thursday, 3/19 as a safety pre...

Animal crossing still Friday to separate crowds.

I wouldn't suggest it since you likely won't get it much sooner from amazon right now with them being hammered and sending delay emails for people who preordered ff7. If you really want it the only way it to find a store open that sells it.

I went to take a trip to GameStop and the employee said to the 4 people in the store to stay at least 6 feet apart and the section with the switch games I wanted to look at, but this dude was scrolling for 45 minutes didn’t move, I couldn’t move forward because of the dang rules lol

Animal crossing still Friday to separate crowds.
Is this going to be a GameStop only thing or will other stores release Doom Eternal early?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back