2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was just in Gamestop and they were completely out of Switches, but the person in front of me and behind me was buying a Switch Lite. Felt like I should have bought a Lite too 🤷🏼‍♂️

Was able to take back Doom Eternal. ASL tried shutting it down hard but I showed the SL the GSO message and he took it back as a return.

Was able to take back Doom Eternal. ASL tried shutting it down hard but I showed the SL the GSO message and he took it back as a return.
return or somehow G2L? which GSO message?

edit: nevermind, i see you said return....was it still sealed?

G2L'd both Doom Eternal and AC:NH. Both opened. Doom missing cover art. Both processed as returns. Employee saw them in the system as G2L but they had been marked through somehow, so he just did them as returns.

They removed the "week top trades" from the ad for next week. Smart of them since they stopped taking trade ins. Who knows, but maybe they would start doing trade ins by mail, like Amazon, if things keep going this way.

They removed the "week top trades" from the ad for next week. Smart of them since they stopped taking trade ins. Who knows, but maybe they would start doing trade ins by mail, like Amazon, if things keep going this way.
They absolutely could, and may need to depending on how long this goes on. Will they (and will they do it in a sensible and effective way?) Probably not.

Can't understand why some associates have so much difficulty processing G2L.  My Show trade in (Thursday night) was processed as a return, even though the receipt had the code on it for G2L.  Today the points for the purchase was taken from my account.  Not the biggest deal, but in the context of consumerism, when store employees don't understand their job it just becomes irritating for the customer.  

Things are going to be interesting for GS. I wish that youtuber could record a corporate/shareholder meeting.

I don’t think you you recognize the severity of GameStop’s financial position. It was on life support. This was the death blow. You are watching the liquidation and final moments of Gamestop right now. They will not be taking trade ins ever again.

Bought AC digitally on Tuesday, received $10 reward yesterday. Called customer support and had them exchange my $10 for 10,000 points. Also had them exchange my $5 monthly Pro coupon for 5,000. Points cannot be used on digital games or currency. I was able to use a $25 and $15 *online only* reward coupon (bought with points) in a single transaction. Lame part is they calculate free shipping after the coupons so you need $35 after all coupons are applied for free shipping. I also redeemed trade credit for Xbox credit successfully.

GS looks like it will close in-store operations starting tomorrow. Better make a last run if you planned to.

They did change their tune and will pay employees, which is good to see.

[attachment=33782:4760C55C-8A81-4756-BCFB-AFA25BF09A04.jpeg]

That sounds like they will be fighting to stay open after this if they are paying employees. The question I have with the curb pickup, is it says app/online orders, what if we paid a pre-order in store?

For the people saying this is going to be the end of GS and they will go under, I would like to remind you that the federal government has already said they are giving bucket loads of money to companies.  GameStop will most likely be able to get some of those grants and very low interest loans.  They'll be able to stay afloat until the new consoles launch.  What happens after that is up in the air, but I highly doubt this will be the immediate end of GS.

I just remembered that I preordered Torchlight II for Xbox One months ago when they had the preorder bonus.  I don't even know if the game will be released on 3/31, if GameStop will be open, or if I give a damn since I only paid off the game to get the bonus credit.  Oh well.

For the people saying this is going to be the end of GS and they will go under, I would like to remind you that the federal government has already said they are giving bucket loads of money to companies. GameStop will most likely be able to get some of those grants and very low interest loans. They'll be able to stay afloat until the new consoles launch. What happens after that is up in the air, but I highly doubt this will be the immediate end of GS.
I agree about the government giving tons of money to companies.

Not sure GameStop is at the top of the list though.

I think they very well might survive this. But they also might not. Probably about 50/50.

I just remembered that I preordered Torchlight II for Xbox One months ago when they had the preorder bonus. I don't even know if the game will be released on 3/31, if GameStop will be open, or if I give a damn since I only paid off the game to get the bonus credit. Oh well.
I believe I read that the physical release was cancelled. Someone somewhere said GS called to let them know, but I can't find any articles about it. I don't see it on GS or Amazon right now, but I'm not searching very hard.

In regards to Torchlight : GameStop employee called me to let me know that my preorder was canceled (likely due to physical release being canceled?), and that I’m free to use that credit towards preordering something else.

On the real though, in a worst case scenario, I have Last of Us 2 and Cyberpunk 2 paid in full with GS credit, if they go under, am I SOL?

I believe I read that the physical release was cancelled. Someone somewhere said GS called to let them know, but I can't find any articles about it. I don't see it on GS or Amazon right now, but I'm not searching very hard.
In regards to Torchlight : GameStop employee called me to let me know that my preorder was canceled (likely due to physical release being canceled?), and that I’m free to use that credit towards preordering something else.

On the real though, in a worst case scenario, I have Last of Us 2 and Cyberpunk 2 paid in full with GS credit, if they go under, am I SOL?
I don't even have the phone number that's on my account anymore, so they probably tried to call me. Maybe. Some people would lose their minds over a situation like this, but I have no intention of going anywhere near GameStop at the moment, so I might just have to eat the loss.

Odd that Scamalot knew about the essential business notice 2 days before they sent it out, but had no clue about this.
So he's a scam because he isn't privy to every single detail? This is likely a sudden decision on the part of GS from the swift and massive backlash they've been getting. I just do not get your vendetta against this guy.

He cant make a video attacking them over this so it wont get views... He is just like the media with Trump
He was crying the other day because Gamestop wanted his video down after he recorded them without their knowledge. Anyone who gives that dude money is a tool. The dude needs to get a real job, but who would hire him?

He was crying the other day because Gamestop wanted his video down after he recorded them without their knowledge. Anyone who gives that dude money is a tool. The dude needs to get a real job, but who would hire him?
He chose to work at gamestop and Chose to stay there like 10 years and got butthurt when they got rid of him.... He was the one that forgot the fact he was always replaceable... He has a huge hard on to spread hate about them and I wonder what he is going to do when they go away? What other company has rubbed him the wrong way? Hes a crybaby playing victim

So if I cash in some of my Reward Points can I buy Xbox Digital Cash? Can I just add that to my Xbox account and wait for something I want to go on sale or does it expire? What rewards certificate works best for this...the normal one, will online only work?

Appreciate the advice on this as I am new to the digital scene....

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back