2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone was thinking about ordering Persona 5 Royal Edition for release day through Amazon and cancelling their GS pre-order later. Just know that some are getting emails(and some only finding out through "my orders") that the earliest you'd get it is April 7-8th. So the same delays will probably happen with RE3 and FF7 when those games come out.

This is seriously making me consider just pre-ordering the digital versions and just try to find a cheaper physical copy later in the year. Because it seems like no one might be able to get the physical copies on release day at this rate. Also, who knows when the stores will be able to reopen?
I'm out of the loop: what's the reason people are canceling their GS pre-order of Persona 5 Royal? Is this related only to in-store pickup? I ask because I have $50 of trade credit I'd like to use on P5 Royal, though it would be online only as I'm in CA so curbside is out of the question.

I guess I'm wondering if the online pre-orders are also problematic for this release at Gamestop. Thank you!

So can you "NOT" use $5 from Animal Crossing when shopping online? Tried a bunch of different ways and never found an option to add it.

($5 because not a pro member)

Same goes for my $5 used game code I need to use in 5 days...  how do you use them online?

To all you people shaming others about being concerned over games and not the “crisis”, WHY ARE YOU ON A GAMING DEALS SITE??!

Do you guys go to steakhouses and complain why no one there is vegan?

So can you "NOT" use $5 from Animal Crossing when shopping online? Tried a bunch of different ways and never found an option to add it.

Same goes for my $5 used game code I need to use in 5 days... how do you use them online?
I’d call and get them converted to points. Just prepare for the long wait time.

I'm out of the loop: what's the reason people are canceling their GS pre-order of Persona 5 Royal? Is this related only to in-store pickup? I ask because I have $50 of trade credit I'd like to use on P5 Royal, though it would be online only as I'm in CA so curbside is out of the question.

I guess I'm wondering if the online pre-orders are also problematic for this release at Gamestop. Thank you!
As far as I understand, you can't utilize existing preorders during this curbside pick-up situation. Especially if you're in a state where Gamestop's completely closed, then any existing preorders will have to be dealt with later when they reopen and you'll be forced to get it from Amazon/BB/Wal-Mart/wherever.

Personally the *only* reason I ever pick up new games at Gamestop is if there's a game I really want to get at the 9PM release time the night before. I had a preorder for Resident Evil 3, much like I did for RE2 last year, but since I'm in PA I'll just be happy if I get my money back whenever they finally reopen under a normal capacity.

Same goes for my $5 used game code I need to use in 5 days... how do you use them online?
No. This is why people are calling to get them converted to points. Then redeem for the online-only certs.

You’d know this if you weren’t busy laughing at people for worrying about what’s going to happen with their money that’s tied up in preorders.

for my P5R LE, I'm going to attempt to call the store, give them my info, have them use existing PUR certificates to cover the remaining balance, and try to get it curbside.

This is, of course, assuming they physically have it on Tuesday.

No. This is why people are calling to get them converted to points. Then redeem for the online-only certs.

You’d know this if you weren’t busy laughing at people for worrying about what’s going to happen with their money that’s tied up in preorders.
Good to see you are still being a butthurt little baby, if reading comprehension was a skill you had it was me getting chuckle out of the people running around trying to figure out what to do with the credit they have been hoarding

Good to see you are still being a butthurt little baby, if reading comprehension was a skill you had it was me getting chuckle out of the people running around trying to figure out what to do with the credit they have been hoarding
Do what I did, offer to buy people discounted eShop/PSN/Xbox/Digital Game Codes. I went from $840 in credit and now I'm at $100. I'm happy with holding on to $100.

Uhhh,  I dont know if there was some kind of unadvertised promo for spending $250 with your Gamestop Credit card.  I just noticed I went from 50k points to 128k overnight and this is literally all i can see in my rewards history:

dV7EgAq.jpg

I have not made any calls to CS but I am extremely confused.    I'm going to guess they will probably fix this, but they may have other stuff to worry about right now.  

for my P5R LE, I'm going to attempt to call the store, give them my info, have them use existing PUR certificates to cover the remaining balance, and try to get it curbside.

This is, of course, assuming they physically have it on Tuesday.
That's what I'm gonna try and do,though mine is completely paid off. Worst thing they can do is tell me that I need to wait for them to completely re-open.

which are the online only Certs? Sorry I didn’t know there were ones that worked on their website

Uhhh, I dont know if there was some kind of unadvertised promo for spending $250 with your Gamestop Credit card. I just noticed I went from 50k points to 128k overnight and this is literally all i can see in my rewards history:

dV7EgAq.jpg

I have not made any calls to CS but I am extremely confused. I'm going to guess they will probably fix this, but they may have other stuff to worry about right now.
It's Gamestop stimulus package.

I have my P5 preorder with GS, fully paid. So there's no way employees can just complete the transaction on their registers? Seems like a huge oversight. What's the point of doorside pick up at all.

Any confirmation somewhere on whether fully paid pre-orders can be picked up? I understand it's complicated if it's only a partial.

For those of you who have ordered a new Nintendo Switch on the Gamestop website for delivery to your home, did it arrive in Brand New condition? I have ordered New games on their site and they've arrived to me opened/unsealed. Thought that was just an in-store thing for the "last copy" left. Not sure if they treat consoles the same way. Was thinking of using my GS TIC sooner rather than later (when restocked), in light of everything going on.

For those of you who have ordered a new Nintendo Switch on the Gamestop website for delivery to your home, did it arrive in Brand New condition? I have ordered New games on their site and they've arrived to me opened/unsealed. Thought that was just an in-store thing for the "last copy" left. Not sure if they treat consoles the same way. Was thinking of using my GS TIC sooner rather than later, in light of everything going on.
they don't have them in stock

I ordered a red/blue neon switch from Gamestop yesterday. It was in stock for at least a few hours, because I had trouble using my 7 gift cards until someone told me to use the app. I never got a shipped email but when I checked my account the tracking said it will be here Monday.

I have my P5 preorder with GS, fully paid. So there's no way employees can just complete the transaction on their registers? Seems like a huge oversight. What's the point of doorside pick up at all.

Any confirmation somewhere on whether fully paid pre-orders can be picked up? I understand it's complicated if it's only a partial.
Apparently many stores will be able to complete the transaction for you, but you're going to have to call and ask because it depends on the district.

Can I use a $50 online only reward cert on xbox live credit? I know I can use a in store cert for Xbox live credit, but I’ve never tried online. Thanks.

Which impacts employees worse, cancelling a pre-order or just buying and then returning later on? I'm asking because I wasn't able to get Animal Crossing at the store so got it digitally and now looks like the same thing will happen with Persona 5.

Which impacts employees worse, cancelling a pre-order or just buying and then returning later on? I'm asking because I wasn't able to get Animal Crossing at the store so got it digitally and now looks like the same thing will happen with Persona 5.
Cancelling a pre-order is much worse than buying and returning it, but I don't think employees will have an issue with either given the circumstances.

I guess they don't really matter, but has anyone else noticed their "lifetime points" are diminishing?  I had over 1,000,000 points and now im down under 700k.  

For those of you who have ordered a new Nintendo Switch on the Gamestop website for delivery to your home, did it arrive in Brand New condition? I have ordered New games on their site and they've arrived to me opened/unsealed. Thought that was just an in-store thing for the "last copy" left. Not sure if they treat consoles the same way. Was thinking of using my GS TIC sooner rather than later (when restocked), in light of everything going on.
I ordered my Switch on Monday (3/23) and it arrived on Wednesday (3/25). It was in brand new condition (looked better than when I usually buy a console in store, no dents on the box). The only problem I had was that they put it in a oversized box and the box was open from UPS stacking heavier stuff on top of it. I also used the "No Rush" free shipping.

I didn't have much TIC but ended up buying 50 psn, 50 live and 5 live in three transactions on the website with no issues.   Their site worked better then MS and Sony for me today.  Ended up having to redeem the codes in the phone apps.

Down to about $3 left.  And about 19,000 points not including todays purchases.

Are folks here operating under the presumption that Gamestop(s) may not reopen when the virus recedes? 

You guys are God-Tier Gamestop experts.  As a mere layman, I'm trying to decide if I should liquidate my $50 TIC and 62k reward points ASAP.  Was hoping to maybe use on a console later this year but if it's wiser to dump now, then I'll do that.

Thank you!

Are folks here operating under the presumption that Gamestop(s) may not reopen when the virus recedes?

You guys are God-Tier Gamestop experts. As a mere layman, I'm trying to decide if I should liquidate my $50 TIC and 62k reward points ASAP. Was hoping to maybe use on a console later this year but if it's wiser to dump now, then I'll do that.

Thank you!
We are operating under the possibility. It's more for the folks who have something like many hundreds or more in TC who may end up with nothing to buy if they go under very quickly. I personally have reduced my TC amount, but not emptied it. But if the consoles are delayed, then I would look to probably dump it all.

For me its part that they might not come back from this too well.  But more I had a bit over $100 and really think I am out for a new console this fall.  I am more and more digital so much of the time my credit goes towards PSN and Live credit anyway.

Currently I am still working but that could change very quickly.   Just don't think I need to spend $400-$500 or more on a console later this year.  Need a new car more then a PS5 or Series X.  

Hope those with $500+ in credit can get a next gen console in the fall from them with it.  

You guys are God-Tier Gamestop experts. As a mere layman, I'm trying to decide if I should liquidate my $50 TIC and 62k reward points ASAP. Was hoping to maybe use on a console later this year but if it's wiser to dump now, then I'll do that.

Thank you!
Liquidate now.

Thank you!
I've converted almost all of my GameStop credit toward Xbox credit. My next system will be the One X and I like that Xbox credit can be used toward hardware, software, or accessories. My points I am redeeming for online reward coupons toward Switch games and Pro controllers.

It's not that I'm convinced GameStop will shut down for good in a month, but the only physical games I buy are Switch first-party and those are coming out few and far between.

Thank you!
Straight up not reopen? Highly unlikely. However, I wouldn't be surprised if store(s) "opened to close" meaning either GameStop runs promotions to recoup as much cash as possible (B2G2) or has store closing sales. GameStop has too much inventory to just go away overnight, they'll need to dump it.

They could just send inventory to warehouses, but I doubt they have capacity to take all those stores' product, and that's not how they handle store closings nowadays anyway.

All that being said, GameStop's discretion if they were to honor warranties, credit, coupons, etc. in that situation.

Q4 earnings call just happened, GameStop posted a profit of $21 million compared to a loss of $187 million in Q4 of last year. George Sherman noted an increase in demand due to COVID-19.

No mention of closing 2,000 stores or shutting down completely because of the outbreak. I guess you guys know something he doesn't?

The investors must not know they converted Mega Man 11 to preowned so they could lie about preowned sales percentages. They should've checked their facebook messages, I'm sure the corporate mole must've tried to warn them.

My gamestop told me that my RE3 preorder that isn't paid in full can be paid off with a credit card (not debit) with a chip or a gift card.  You can get an e-gift card on the site, or any store that sells them and pay the balance that way.

Q4 earnings call just happened, GameStop posted a profit of $21 million compared to a loss of $187 million in Q4 of last year. George Sherman noted an increase in demand due to COVID-19.

No mention of closing 2,000 stores or shutting down completely because of the outbreak. I guess you guys know something he doesn't?
Not 2,000 stores, but they are continuing to close stores in 2020 to "de-densify", but that's old news that has been known.

That's what I suspected as well. Even the worst Q4 can still be profitable if they minimize costs. The most important information from the earnings call is that they're at a healthy $499.4 million in cash on hand compared to $290 million in December 2019. Furthermore, they only owe about $200 million in lease payments over the next year. They've been very upfront on changing their inventory management, which many of us have interpreted as a "cash crunch". I've been hesitant to trust even someone from corporate because I know first-hand that even people up the corporate ladder do not know about their company's financial situation. This information is typically very private and only reserved for high-ranking executives.

Uhm...Q4 numbers are still pretty bad. Revenue didn't even hit the already lowered estimate. Sales are down 28% year over year. Q4 2018 had an asset impairment charge, which we have talked about on here, so the profit comparison you made is not representative of how they are doing. And COVID-19 increasing demand isn't anywhere in Q4 2019, which is up to Feb 1st 2020.

They already had a press release about the upcoming store closures long ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back