2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Uhm...Q4 numbers are still pretty bad. Revenue didn't even hit the already lowered estimate. Sales are down 28% year over year. Q4 2018 had an asset impairment charge, which we have talked about on here, so the profit comparison you made is not representative of how they are doing. And COVID-19 increasing demand isn't anywhere in Q4 2019, which is up to Feb 1st 2020.

They already had a press release about the upcoming store closures long ago.
I don't think anyone is arguing that the Q4 numbers are good. I do, however, think that they avoided a disaster by posting a small profit instead of a major loss. Their profit margin actually improved substantially and mitigated a portion of the decrease in sales. If you compare the gross profit at the top of both charts, you see that the difference, although significant, isn't near as bad as the difference in net sales.

I went to pick up a game at GameStop the employee walked to my car and I told them stay back, and tossed them my card and told them to toss the game in my car. It was a weird experience but I’m not getting the virus

I went to pick up a game at GameStop the employee walked to my car and I told them stay back, and tossed them my card and told them to toss the game in my car. It was a weird experience but I’m not getting the virus
That wouldn’t prevent you from getting it.

I have Omni on ignore, but I see his post was quoted, so I'll bite. I'm not saying their fortunes have turned around, or that they are in the clear. The assumption was Q4 was going to be a bloodbath (I definitely expected them to post a loss). There are people in this thread that legitimately think GameStop is in such poor shape that it isn't going to reopen AT ALL. Pages of "they're not going to open back up, all their stores and inventory are just going to magically disappear overnight." That is who I am speaking to.

When I compare to Q4 2019 and mention COVID-19, I am just paraphrasing what was in the article. If only you were this harsh and thorough on the garbage Shamalot311 spews. 

yu5P5Ps.png

I would of just walked away from your car at that point and ignored you

I think it’s safe to assume they licked your card in the store while running it. And assuming it was “GameStop new” I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s virus inside the case and on the disc.

I don't think anyone is arguing that the Q4 numbers are good. I do, however, think that they avoided a disaster by posting a small profit instead of a major loss. Their profit margin actually improved substantially and mitigated a portion of the decrease in sales. If you compare the gross profit at the top of both charts, you see that the difference, although significant, isn't near as bad as the difference in net sales.
The disaster is ongoing. They are taking regular 15-20+% hits quarter over quarter, same store numbers. This is why everyone jumped ship on the stock and no one is picking it up now even though it should be an absolute bargain. It isn't. Q4 last year had asset impairment and goodwill charges so it's not a good comparison in terms of profit. Adjusted EPS was down this Q4 as opposed to last Q4 as well. And keep in mind...this is retail Q4. When they should be making most of their money for the year.

The numbers that they "beat" this time were numbers that had already been tanked hard, and even those numbers didn't all get beaten.

So you'll go out for a VIDEO GAME in the midst of a pandemic you're obviously afraid of, yet can't act like a decent human being in the process. Wow. Good on you for priorities.

Grow up.

The disaster is ongoing. They are taking regular 15-20+% hits quarter over quarter, same store numbers. This is why everyone jumped ship on the stock and no one is picking it up now even though it should be an absolute bargain. It isn't. Q4 last year had asset impairment and goodwill charges so it's not a good comparison in terms of profit. Adjusted EPS was down this Q4 as opposed to last Q4 as well. And keep in mind...this is retail Q4. When they should be making most of their money for the year.

The numbers that they "beat" this time were numbers that had already been tanked hard, and even those numbers didn't all get beaten.
Did GS post positive net income this past quarter? Or was it just a higher GP compared to the previous quarter?

Did GS post positive net income this past quarter? Or was it just a higher GP compared to the previous quarter?
The past quarter was Q3 where they posted a 83 million dollar loss after projecting a gain initially. It basically wiped out most of their EPS guidance for the year.

Gamestop's quarters in comparison to last year's look like this. -10% Q1, -11% Q2, -23% Q3 and -26% Q4. I believe if you adjust for the asset impairment charges, you get an apples to apple comparison of 148 million (2018 Q4) to 21 million (2019 Q4). The numbers are simply not good.

Gamestop using brains again.. "hey what can we sell during lock down for daily deals?" let's sell nerf guns with bunch of ammo.. 🤦‍♂️

Please forgive if this has already been addressed, I have only read the past three pages of comments and did not see this specific issue being discussed. I placed a preorder for two copies of AC New Horizons back in January, paid both off in full. The GameStop I preordered them from shut down last week before the game released, it is in a shopping mall, so there is no way for them to open up even for curbside. Does anyone know what my options would be, I called the 1-800 number for GS customer service and they said they cannot help with orders placed in stores. 

Please forgive if this has already been addressed, I have only read the past three pages of comments and did not see this specific issue being discussed. I placed a preorder for two copies of AC New Horizons back in January, paid both off in full. The GameStop I preordered them from shut down last week before the game released, it is in a shopping mall, so there is no way for them to open up even for curbside. Does anyone know what my options would be, I called the 1-800 number for GS customer service and they said they cannot help with orders placed in stores.
this is probably a long shot, but I’d call their customer service or corporate and ask for a refund or online credit, something, to give you money. They can’t hold your money hostage during a pandemic

If you can get ahold of the district manager, you can actually arrange for it to be shipped to you. Some people in California have been presented with options if the pre-order is fully paid for.

With all the social distancing things going on I'm surprised their isn't mention or video of someone using there selfie stick or grabber to scan their debit card or other at the register to keep 6 feet away. Could also do the gamestop parking lot exchange that way.  :)

Re-read that. It’s only available with a console purchase.
What a joke, not only do you have to buy five games, the cheapest console you can get is $50 for a 360 - they were giving these away for free a few black Fridays ago. Also, a PS3 is on "sale" for $90? Lolololol.

Sometimes I wonder why gamestop tends to try so hard to bankrupt themselves, when they could just let nature take course.

Then I go to their website and remember that they aren't actually trying to not make money, they are just so incompetently run that they don't even realize they are actively driving business away.

Do you have the number? Ive been waiting 30 minutes each time and eventually hung up
I just called that standard number I've always called: 800-883-8895. Waiting an hour sucks, but it's better than the 3-4 hours some folks on here have reported waiting previously. Just call and let it ride while playing a game or something in the meantime.

I waited 90 minutes but the rep offered me 15K in points for my $5 certs. Score

Are the online 15,10,5 off one single item coupons stackable?

I apologize for jumping into this thread extra late, but it's just a lot to read and get to the bottom of. What exactly are people converting? Their reserved game credit into PowerUp points? Or am I misunderstanding something?

Thank you.

I apologize for jumping into this thread extra late, but it's just a lot to read and get to the bottom of. What exactly are people converting? Their reserved game credit into PowerUp points? Or am I misunderstanding something?

Thank you.
People are converting their monthly $5 coupon and the animal crossing $10 cert to points.

People are converting their monthly $5 coupon and the animal crossing $10 cert to points.
Very helpful. Just looked at my Active Offers and saw that. I guess I'm going to join the party of calling and trying to get point conversion. I saw the number up above (the 888 number?) so I'll try. Thanks for this.

I don't see anything about a $10 Animal Crossing thing but probably because I never pre-ordered or something.

Thanks again.

I waited about 2 hours... and was able to convert the 5$ cert to 5,000 pts...   Then realized 5,000 pts only gets you 5$ off a pre-owned game, and none of the rewards are good on digital.   awesome. 

Sorry if I am late to the party, does everyone plan on dumping their trade credit after the announcement of 300 stores closing? I have about $160 in credit. I was going to save it for the last of us 2, but maybe I should just burn it all for PSN/XBL/Eshop cards online.

Sorry if I am late to the party, does everyone plan on dumping their trade credit after the announcement of 300 stores closing? I have about $160 in credit. I was going to save it for the last of us 2, but maybe I should just burn it all for PSN/XBL/Eshop cards online.
It'll be at least 321 and maybe more is what they actually said. Meaning likely more. But I think them staying open until that game comes out is fairly likely. But unless you want the special edition physical you can always just cash in for PSN and buy it online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back