2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that might be the case too. I missed this glitch, but I saw a guy on twitter with over 3K of orders put through. Any guess as to how much this latest fiasco is gonna cost them?
I missed the glitch as well. I don't think many people went digital, so it's not going to cost them too much if they don't honor the physical items. I do hope they honor it for the sake of the people here.

I think we can all agree that the website is total garbage. It's a terrible, glitchy user experience that likely cost GameStop a ton of revenue.

Dang, I was in a meeting all afternoon and didn't get in any digital orders, congrats to those that got in! 

If history is any teacher, we now need 24-48 hours of "Is my order gonna ship??" posts too.
Before that we need more 'Haha guys I stacked glitches and got $5000 in Switches for $5' brag posts. Even bringing it up without it having been posted here is just pure trolling honestly, especially with everybody trying to find ways to cash out credit during all this mess.

I'm surprised at the amount of alts he makes just to get back at a website where most people he hates are no longer there. At which point will he move on?

Is is true that he was originally banned from here a decade ago for writing certified letters to guide publishers and getting penny guides shut down and still hasn't gotten over it? It seems like he has a serious obsession with getting deals shut down for everyone that continues to this day. It would be good if this site was members only to prevent people like him from ruining the deals here.

But seriously? Writing and paying money to send letters to companies to rat everyone out here and get deals shut down?
I believe his hatred comes from how hard black beard used to make fun of him. You see, he tried to get rich quick by trading in HDMI cables, them there's an incident with a bike return at Walmart I believe? Apparently there was a video of said event which bb used to tease him. Now, I don't remember which event happened first, bike or guides, but he's developed an ever lasting grudge that comes and goes really fast. He usually gets modded before he can make more than 5 posts. The mods are used to his MO.

Before that we need more 'Haha guys I stacked glitches and got $5000 in Switches for $5' brag posts. Even bringing it up without it having been posted here is just pure trolling honestly, especially with everybody trying to find ways to cash out credit during all this mess.
Why post glitches when you can instead keep bragging about what everyone else didn't get, then be completely oblivious as to why people here hate you.

Why post glitches when you can instead keep bragging about what everyone else didn't get, then be completely oblivious as to why people here hate you.
Sorry you missed out, must suck to suck friend. I don't bother posting about them until they are already dead, get better connections

I went back to GameStop for a new game purchase and I politely asked the associate to wash down my game and my card once they go inside and I would give them a tip. The lady working looked like hell, I hope she doesn’t have it. I made her put the game in my glove box and my card in a duffel bag in my trunk.

I went back to GameStop for a new game purchase and I politely asked the associate to wash down my game and my card once they go inside and I would give them a tip. The lady working looked like hell, I hope she doesn’t have it. I made her put the game in my glove box and my card in a duffel bag in my trunk.
fucking stay home. A video game isn’t worth getting sick. How are people so stupid?

I Jurai is at it again.  Why someone has to be such a negative member on this website they obviously don't care for much anymore and still uses it to instigate is beyond me.  It's a shame too as they used to post deals and contribute positively. 

As for the glitch it's a shame for those that missed it.  Nothing can be done in most cases like those as they get shut down fast these days with websites catching on relatively quick and or cancelling orders.  But for the people that do get on them or those that don't there's no need to be jerks about it.

Indivisible is part of the deal of the day and qualifies for the buy 2 get 2 free for xbox1 for those interested.  Tempting at under 10$ but I would rather own it on my ps4 or switch which sadly are not part of it.  Not like there's anything left in stock to pair it with.

Are digital certificates not working? I redeemed some points towards one, but the item in my digital locker just says "Null" and the "Activation Code" they give me doesn't work in-cart.

Ugh, was this glitch even mentioned on the Twitter page? I have the notification for every CAG tweet and this was the one time I didn't see this :/

I Jurai is at it again. Why someone has to be such a negative member on this website they obviously don't care for much anymore and still uses it to instigate is beyond me. It's a shame too as they used to post deals and contribute positively.

As for the glitch it's a shame for those that missed it. Nothing can be done in most cases like those as they get shut down fast these days with websites catching on relatively quick and or cancelling orders. But for the people that do get on them or those that don't there's no need to be jerks about it.

Indivisible is part of the deal of the day and qualifies for the buy 2 get 2 free for xbox1 for those interested. Tempting at under 10$ but I would rather own it on my ps4 or switch which sadly are not part of it. Not like there's anything left in stock to pair it with.
I stopped contributing when the members of this site turned into a bunch of whiny babies who attack anyone who doesn't spoon feed them deals, sowwy buddy

Gamestop cancelled all physical orders on the glitch, couldn't cancel digital codes you already redeemed though

I stopped contributing when the members of this site turned into a bunch of whiny babies who attack anyone who doesn't spoon feed them deals, sowwy buddy

Gamestop cancelled all physical orders on the glitch, couldn't cancel digital codes you already redeemed though
Now where’s that ignore button?

Why not just wait to buy the game, order it online, or just get it digital?

Followed by the guys saying "you guys are the reason Gamestop is going under".
No, these people are:

I think that might be the case too. I missed this glitch, but I saw a guy on twitter with over 3K of orders put through. Any guess as to how much this latest fiasco is gonna cost them?
And if you think there aren't people like that on here, then you're a fool.

No, these people are:

And if you think there aren't people like that on here, then you're a fool.
They were going under way before this glitch and it has nothing to do anyone on here or sd. I like gamestop but all their issues are their own doing.

Sent from my SM-S102DL using Tapatalk

fucking stay home. A video game isn’t worth getting sick. How are people so stupid?
People are treating this like a mini vacation. I mean I've never seen so many people going out on walks, and the governor had to close the beaches down because there were supposedly thousands of people at the beach two weekends ago. Theres no way to actually enforce the penalties they've enacted since then, so people are still going out just for the sake of it.

Is the DOTD guy working from home now and updating like at 8am ? heh 

Usually check in the morning when I wake up and it's been updated since. 

People are treating this like a mini vacation. I mean I've never seen so many people going out on walks, and the governor had to close the beaches down because there were supposedly thousands of people at the beach two weekends ago. Theres no way to actually enforce the penalties they've enacted since then, so people are still going out just for the sake of it.
saw a interesting (and scary) video showing where everyone ended up after the florida spring break (using google locations). the whole east coast was lit up. those people have no idea if they were in contact with someone with the virus, and they all possibly took it home with them.

It can be enforced. Los Angeles police were giving out tickets to people that were out for non-essential reasons. It’s really dependent on how hard the state wants to crackdown on this. But when you see idiots at beaches or groups of hundreds going for runs, it’s only a matter of time before this gets even worse if the status quo stays with these stay-at-home warnings.

maybe it’s different where you are but exercise and walks are totally viable. People need fresh air. They need to exercise.

It can be enforced. Los Angeles police were giving out tickets to people that were out for non-essential reasons. It’s really dependent on how hard the state wants to crackdown on this. But when you see idiots at beaches or groups of hundreds going for runs, it’s only a matter of time before this gets even worse if the status quo stays with these stay-at-home warnings.
Speaking of cops with nothing better to do, I got a ticket for doing 5 over on the interstate (not Cali) before lockdown even went into effect. It makes sense to enforce on beaches where people are clearly violating state mandate. For everything else, they're wasting people's time because all you need to say is you're picking up groceries and every judge in the world would throw the case out.

That said, this whole thing has been blown way out of proportion and the only reason for lockdown is to manage the transmission rate. You all WILL get this virus at some point, hospitals just don't want to be overwhelmed at the rate it spreads when uncontrolled (or the stupidity of every john doe with a cough that freaks out). We already had it before Coronavirus was a word because we were ground zero and I can tell you from experience as a young, healthy person it was a joke -- the mildest cold with a lot of back end congestion. That said it clearly does affect people differently and if you're older, or weaker immune system, yada yada it could be dangerous. . .but not anywhere to the degree that people are flipping their shit over.

I'm just glad retailers curbed the retards panic-buying everything so we could manage to buy ONE pack of toilet paper the other day simply because we were almost out. I swear when a real pandemic hits, we are so not prepared. Culling of the weak IMO.

Speaking of cops with nothing better to do, I got a ticket for doing 5 over on the interstate (not Cali) before lockdown even went into effect. It makes sense to enforce on beaches where people are clearly violating state mandate. For everything else, they're wasting people's time because all you need to say is you're picking up groceries and every judge in the world would throw the case out.

That said, this whole thing has been blown way out of proportion and the only reason for lockdown is to manage the transmission rate. You all WILL get this virus at some point, hospitals just don't want to be overwhelmed at the rate it spreads when uncontrolled (or the stupidity of every john doe with a cough that freaks out). We already had it before Coronavirus was a word because we were ground zero and I can tell you from experience as a young, healthy person it was a joke -- the mildest cold with a lot of back end congestion. That said it clearly does affect people differently and if you're older, or weaker immune system, yada yada it could be dangerous. . .but not anywhere to the degree that people are flipping their shit over.

I'm just glad retailers curbed the retards panic-buying everything so we could manage to buy ONE pack of toilet paper the other day simply because we were almost out. I swear when a real pandemic hits, we are so not prepared. Culling of the weak IMO.
how you treat the weakest among you says the most about you as a person. It's good to know you would just throw away human lives, and some of the strongest people in the country that have fought cancer and happen to have a weakened immune system because of it. we will all be waiting a month from now for you and trump to apologize for the 100k + dead while you talked about how everyone is going overboard and how people die every day and we dont shut anything down to try and stop it.

it's too bad there is nothing to cull those with the weakest morality among us.

how you treat the weakest among you says the most about you as a person. It's good to know you would just throw away human lives, and some of the strongest people in the country that have fought cancer and happen to have a weakened immune system because of it. we will all be waiting a month from now for you and trump to apologize for the 100k + dead while you talked about how everyone is going overboard and how people die every day and we dont shut anything down to try and stop it.

it's too bad there is nothing to cull those with the weakest morality among us.
Oh please, if Coronavirus weren't the topic of the month you wouldn't cry over this the same way as with the millions that die to hunger, the flu, war, etc. I view all aspects of life through the same lens: truth.

Couldn't find this in the thread but does anyone know how they're handling in-store returns? I assume they're not but I have a game I need to return...

I called a store about 30 minutes away that the site showed as having a fightstick on hand, and was told that it sold last week. The store manager proceeded to tell me that the site's in store inventory finder hadn't been updated since last Thursday when everything shut down.

Just a heads up to those of you placing orders for store pick up; call ahead first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back