2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone cancel instore pre orders recently? I’d like to cancel all my pre orders since gs will be closing everywhere but I’m wondering if it’ll still be a big deal for employees, the cancellations n all

I was also quite happy with the B2G2

Dragon Quest Heroes
Bladestorm
Utawarerumono mask of deception
Vahalla Hills

All in original cases (yay!)
nice. I also got dq heroes but the bottom right corner of the case was missing.

that, world of ff vanilla and penguin wars all came in their cases. jump didn't.

anyone receive the $5 coupon for April?
Nope, just checked. I do know that when I called last week to get my points reversed for a coupon I couldn't use, when she looked at my account, she mentioned seeing the coupon and the monthly April coupon on there. She was able to convert the redeemed coupon with no issues, but couldn't do anything with the monthly coupon at all, for whatever reason. Would've been nice to save time and have it converted to points as well, but that might be for another call this week - if it ever shows up.

Maybe they've been halted indefinitely until this pandemic is over, and they'll double the value of future coupons to match the missing months' values.
giphy.gif

So I’m guessing I should wait til we get this months cert, and then call CS to have them convert that and my $10 AC bonus to points, and prepare for a long wait time on phone, correct?

So I’m guessing I should wait til we get this months cert, and then call CS to have them convert that and my $10 AC bonus to points, and prepare for a long wait time on phone, correct?
Good luck! I know I spent 3+ hours on hold for last month and read several other people here had to wait just as long :(

I called yesterday morning and spent a little over a hr on hold before I got someone, took about 5 mins to transfer the certs to points.

I haven't been getting my $5 coupon at all until March, which, of course, I was unable to use because the stores are closed and I wasn't able to contact customer service.

Worse, I spent 15,000 PUR points towards a coupon for $15 off one item about 2 weeks ago. I meant to get the online only coupon, but I accidentally redeemed the wrong one.

And it expired at the end of March. It was good from June of last year until March of this year, so I literally had less than 2 weeks to use it, and I was physically unable to. Now both are expired, and I've lost my points, and never even got to use the $5 coupons I payed for but didn't receive (minus the one I got but couldn't use, of course).

My PUR membership just expired, and I definitely will not be renewing it again. I've been subscribed to their programs since at least 2006, back when all we had were Edge cards, but I think I'm finally done with them at this point.

Is it possible to buy something in store currently via curbside if it's not available through the GS app or website? My 2 local GameStops have standard switches in stock according to the app, but I don't see an option for store pickup.

Also any clue when GS will reopen for business?

PSA b/c of Covid-19: Gamestop.com removed all of the PUR certs for in store, now the only ones on the desktop site are for online only. Not sure if anyone has tried successfully using an online PUR cert recently because for a long time they have not worked according to many CAGs.

Pretty annoyed.  Not only are they late getting my preordered P5R CE in, but then they don't issue the April cert and remove the method I was going to use for paying off the remaining balance.

Alright so I pre-ordered Doom Eternal back in February but was unable to pick it up because of Coronavirus-related shutdowns.

Am I SOL on getting the pre-order bonuses?

I tried checking on the website, reddit, and here (hard to navigate). What is the return policy with this pandemic in effect? I doubt they can survive a blow of thousands of returns when everything returns back to normal.

Does anyone have a plan on what to say/do if they reject a return?

PSA b/c of Covid-19: Gamestop.com removed all of the PUR certs for in store, now the only ones on the desktop site are for online only. Not sure if anyone has tried successfully using an online PUR cert recently because for a long time they have not worked according to many CAGs.
I used online coupon Friday or sat when they had Xbox one x for $299. Unfortunately it wouldn't apply to console(I was bummed) , so I got a game and it was free

amazon is offering some decent trade value on wii related stuff also giving instant payout

locked in trades for wii play 8.99 and just dance 2 for 8.00. i know the guitar hero games are trading in for around $20 too

amazon is offering some decent trade value on wii related stuff also giving instant payout

locked in trades for wii play 8.99 and just dance 2 for 8.00. i know the guitar hero games are trading in for around $20 too
stupid question, but do they give you amazon credit for it or legit cash??

EDIT -- Nvd just saw it was amazon gift card that you get

Anyone know how to use the $5 coupon online?
If you view the coupon itself. It states "Coupon valid in store only." But the wording on the coupon from Gamestop says Online Only. I'd venture to say that the coupon itself is in store only and if you can't use it then well guess you are out of luck. Typical Gamestop.

It says on the coupon available 4/2 - 4/30. That's why it's not working today. We will see tomorrow if it works.

Coupon doesn’t work what do you people not get, it’s an in store thing only, I used it last week to buy a game and they said it’s for in store. Case closed

Well I got an email to get back a giftcard for my Resident Evil 3 preorder so I can ship it instead of waiting for the store to reopen.
What's weird is I only had the CE pre-ordered (one for XB1 and one for PS4, on separate accounts and neither had more than the minimum). Nothing for Persona 5 though.

Had to go to the bank today, and saw that the GS next to it is still open. I asked if I could pick up my Persona preorder there since the store I ordered it in was inside of a mall that's closed. They said I was out of luck until it reopens.

I just looked at the coupon in my account and GameStop must have fucked up because the terms and conditions paragraph has separate parts that say the coupon is In Store only and Online only.

lmao wtf leave it to Gamestop.....
Five posts up, bruh.

Coupon is in the account now and it looks like they changed it to online only for this month...sucks because I only ever use them to buy $5 eshop credit.

I don’t understand since you could in store why they can’t just go ahead and allow us to use the online certificates on psn, XBL, eshop given the circumstances. I’ve lost 2 $5 coupons from March, will lose the $5 April one, and have 22000 reward points I can’t claim so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back