2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
The $5 monthly PUR cert works online now, I just tried it on AC. "Pro members get $5 off a single in-stock physical item valued $4.99 or more. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Valid online ONLY!"

The $5 monthly PUR cert works online now, I just tried it on AC. "Pro members get $5 off a single in-stock physical item valued $4.99 or more. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Valid online ONLY!"
Any idea about curbside pickup option working to get around shipping?

Odd. No go for me on AC or other stuff. Is your code in this format? XXXXXXXXXX-XXXXXXXX

I was having trouble with typing it in as well.  The only way I was able to get it to work was to go to the active offers page, copy the code there, and paste it in the promo box.  Worked this way even though I was typing the same characters.

I was having trouble with typing it in as well. The only way I was able to get it to work was to go to the active offers page, copy the code there, and paste it in the promo box. Worked this way even though I was typing the same characters.
Yes, that's what I did, the copy and paste method.

I don't suppose any of the certs available now (monthly or points) can be used to pay off pre-orders that aren't fully paid off yet? 

Only ones i see are "online" only so was hoping to have the store just use some points when I called to pickit up. 

I don't suppose any of the certs available now (monthly or points) can be used to pay off pre-orders that aren't fully paid off yet?
Nope. As someone planning to do this, i'm annoyed. The only solution I've found is just to pay out of pocket for the remaining balance, then once/if gs finally accepts returns and reissues the normal certificates, go back in and return/rebuy with certs.

Got customer service to change my $10 AC credit to 10,000 points, in only about 20 minutes. Not bad imo guess I got lucky
Definitely. I was on the phone for nearly 2 hours and having to listen to their little promotions for the same 6 or so games over and over and over nonstop is seriously the stuff of nightmares. THANK GOD i don't have to call again to convert April's PUR

Anyone use the Persona 5 Royal reward online? Just saw mine in my account and it doesn't say "online only" like the $5 reward. Which us weird because it has a shorter expiration.

Sent from my SM-S102DL using Tapatalk

Might be old news but browsing the GS website I noticed a lot of options on sale new priced at $15...of course most of what I wanted does not seem to be in stock for pick up and I do not trust "GS New" without an option for returns right now. Seems like the store inventory might be a bit more accurate now too (but that is just my guess based on what was showing for pick up in my area).

The new certs are usable online.  They've just added absurd restrictions, such as no digital code / currency of any kind.

I picked up :ps4: Slay the Spire for $3 after cert today.  I also had them try another one of these new  "online only" + "in store only" certs on digital currency in-store and it does not work in their pos.

You'd need to have 26,231,535 copies of Division 2 to trade in for enough cash to buy all GME shares.  :beer:

I also had them try another one of these new "online only" + "in store only" certs on digital currency in-store and it does not work in their pos.
Hope that's not the new normal going forward, if so then they made these things worthless even sooner than I thought.

I'm completely unable to redeem points for certs. Keep getting an error message. Weird.
I don't even have the option, all I can redeemed my points are to renew PUR+ which I won't be doing. I got 111K pts to spend too, fuck me I shouldn't have put it off but redeeming pts for rewards has been insanely hit or miss for me so I held off until they figure it out. Guess that's not happening anytime soon, or ever if they go under...

I really thought RE3 would surpass RE2. I bought RE2 pre owned, finished it, and sold it back, but with so much PSN credit I bought RE3 digital at full price. At least I know I can finish it before figuring out how I'm gonna get my FF7 deluxe from a closed Best Buy in a week.

I mean, I beat Resident Evil 2 multiple times I enjoyed it that much. What about Resident Evil 3? Multiple playthroughs at least?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back