2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a correction, it's not Pro Day, it's "Pro For A Day" sounds like they're rolling out benefits to everyone to make them want to sign up for Pro. Not sure what that means though
Well, since Pro doesn't get any discounts / savings vs a non-pro, then it's just a normal "Pro-day sale" me thinks!

$2,600 in savings! ($2,500 of which are in Pops!)

Can you use power up rewards gift cards on digital credit like eshop and xbox?
I have never been able to use rewards credit for eshop online, in store never had any issues.
I was able to use it online for Xbox cards with no issues.

Wait 5 minutes and someone will say the exact opposite 😉

Anyone else get the work from home essentials text from the app? What a pathetic attempt to justify "essential" they have had weeks and this is all they can muster...
Thanks for the laugh gamestop, no one believes you sell stuff to work from home. In two-three weeks you could have actually secured contracts and legitimately have work from home stuff to sell.

Got my copy of FF7 that was shipped to me since my store was closed. Came with some kind of card in an Altoids like tin. Made in fucking China. 

Got my copy of FF7 that was shipped to me since my store was closed. Came with some kind of card in an Altoids like tin. Made in fucking China.
Boxed or bubble wrap? Really hope my Deluxe doesn't come in looking like it got run over

Speaking of which, I got a $15 and $25 cert to buy it today (was worried it would never come back in stock) only to discover like an idiot I accidentally got the in store cert for the $25. I didn't want to risk the game being sold out so for now I'll just hold my tongue until May or June to ask them to swap it or better yet refund me the points since I really REALLY don't want to spend another 2 hours in hell calling customer service. Too bad I can't just exchange it for eshop or PSN credit

On Tuesday, I exchanged 5,000 rewards points for a $5 online-only reward coupon/certificate. I successfully used the coupon to fully pay for a $5 Xbox gift card.

The monthly $5 for Pro members worked on PSN/Xbox/Nintendo gift cards in store. HOWEVER, the April reward appears to exclude Xbox (and likely other) gift cards.
Trying to do this now. Doesn't take the coupon now. Wonder if I am doing something wrong or they disabled this.

Also doesn't work for a physical game either.

Rewards activity shows I bought something tomorrow. Doesn't even say what. I assume its the $5 online coupon.

Anyone redeemed for a $50 online cert have any issues applying the cert to your cart? Keeps saying coupon cannot be added to my cart when I enter it.

Anyone redeemed for a $50 online cert have any issues applying the cert to your cart? Keeps saying coupon cannot be added to my cart when I enter it.
I was getting the same things on a $5 one. When I put it in as a power up credit card it seemed to work and recognize it was a $5 online coupon. However it still failed on check out.

Does your's show it was purchased 4/11/2020? Maybe its not active or something until tomorrow?

Anyone else's fully paid off copy of FF7R barely get shipped out today? I should have gotten it today but I guess GameStop is dragging their feet on this. I even received the email request for shipping last week and I filled it out right away.

Just upset I didn't get my copy on release day.

I went to another GameStop today for final fantasy and explained that I preordered at a closed store and if I can purchase it there, they told me to get lost until I said I’m calling corporate on you guys and the dude got nervous and said he would allow me to purchase a copy to ship to my home. GameStop will not make it for the new consoles this fall that’s for sure.

Anyone else's fully paid off copy of FF7R barely get shipped out today? I should have gotten it today but I guess GameStop is dragging their feet on this. I even received the email request for shipping last week and I filled it out right away.

Just upset I didn't get my copy on release day.
They’re low on stock. Not really their fault. I was surprised that my copy got delivered today.

I was getting the same things on a $5 one. When I put it in as a power up credit card it seemed to work and recognize it was a $5 online coupon. However it still failed on check out.

Does your's show it was purchased 4/11/2020? Maybe its not active or something until tomorrow?
You know what, it does show 4/11. I bought a $15 for shits and giggles and that does apply. Makes no sense.

I have never seen a thread bash a retailer as much a GameStop, they are easily the worst company in the past decade by far.

I have never seen a thread bash a retailer as much a GameStop, they are easily the worst company in the past decade by far.
u dont see any bashing when there’s a flippagadon going on. as much u hate to read it, i would rather have gamestop to stick around than best buy

I was told it expires, I only did it once and spent it within a week or so. I never looked to see if there was an expiration date. Can someone confirm? I believe I was told 90 days...
The credit from the MS rewards program expire in 90 days. Normal ones you buy don't.

If you have MS rewards credit the only way to get around the limit is too pay for a pre-order in full + tax with credit. Then it charges right away.

I preordered on Amazon early August and my order was delayed but I think that's due to coronavirus and them prioritizing shipments for need (medical people).
nah it's definitely hit or miss as I just bought a switch lite that they had in fulfilled seller listing on sale for 31$ off for my mom as a mothersday gift and it arrived yesterday. Ordered it last month and it said it wasn't going to arrive until may 12th. Then suddenly a shipping email that it will arrive sunday. The magically appeared yesterday. Obviously amazon doesn't know what's going on themselves at this point. But they are also going to be suspending their delivery service in june I read so I have no idea how much that will clog things further.

Did anyone else see cheap prices on the preowned Switch games? I had several (BOTW 27.99, Diablo 3 17.99, Civ 6 2.99, MK11 7.99) displayed on the page. Went to check out the price was back to normal.
Those are with the monthly discount possibly if you only saw a 5$ or so difference.

Damn i was going to use all my $5 pro certs on $10 psn cards up to TLOU2 release and buy it on psn store. Now this month its online only and cant buy digital items. So now its just a free shipping cert because shipping + tax is $5 minimum. I probably wont even use it this month, and i wonder how many months will go by that i wont be able to use future certs either.

I was on the website last night and it had WWE 2K20 for $4.99 Brand New.....but when i added it to the cart, it was showing $19.99. Did anyone else notice this?

I was on the website last night and it had WWE 2K20 for $4.99 Brand New.....but when i added it to the cart, it was showing $19.99. Did anyone else notice this?
you probably had your $15 cert in your cart. same happened to me when i added monthly 5 and animal crossing 10 reward, all games would show up with the lower prrice before adjusting in cart/checkout

you probably had your $15 cert in your cart. same happened to me when i added monthly 5 and animal crossing 10 reward, all games would show up with the lower prrice before adjusting in cart/checkout
Nah it happened to me too and I didn't have those certs. I'm thinking it might be a pro day deal.

Yeah it was showing that for me the other day too, I have zero certs in my account. Definitely a glitch, I would have given it a shot for $5

Just found all GS stores in my county were ordered to shut down thursday night. Glad I decided to pre-order a copy of FF7R from Best Buy earlier this week and just wait to get a refund on my pre-order once this is over with. Sucks for anyone expecting to go their store yesterday morning to pick up their pre-order, only to find out they're closed.

Forza Horizon 2 is DOTD. Pretty old, but still good. It's like virtual tourism around Italy.
If you have been grabbing the Games with Gold when they're up for free, check your library. As it was a GwG a few years ago. It'd save you the $10, unless you just want a physical copy. Just know that the Storm Island DLC is no longer available for purchase.

Yeah it was showing that for me the other day too, I have zero certs in my account. Definitely a glitch, I would have given it a shot for $5
It's playable now with all the patches. I got a used copy from Amazon's Warehouse Deals for $13 last month, which is probably around what it's worth in it's current state. Just know that the controls have been screwed around compared to previous games. Also, it does still have some bugs, as characters still get caught up in the ring ropes and the game crashes from time to time.

I think those are all the "sponsored" results that force themselves into every search result and get a random discount applied cosmetically. Recently its mostly been Pokemon Mystery Dunegon showing up in everything for me.

u dont see any bashing when there’s a flippagadon going on. as much u hate to read it, i would rather have gamestop to stick around than best buy
I'm confident enough in GS sticking around I'm not in any hurry to convert all my trade credit yet until I see the next gen and actually pickup this current gen once most of it's library is in 4/$20 range :p

Defiantly did not get any codes on my receipt. I did get the Shinra card and a sealed copy, so all good on that front. I think it is a result of GS allowing us to pick it up a day early and the codes not being "street legal" until then. So no soup is what I'm guessing for some of us.

Got an email about being able to ship my Doom Eternal pre-order finally.

Did anyone who was able to ship an existing pre-order after release get the preorder bonuses?

I have a 10 dollar “loyalty code” that does not work online as promo.

Is it possible when I redeemed my points the system gave me the in store cert and not the online only one? fucking annoyed as they have no customer service to answer emails or anything

Did anyone get there preorder extra items with the final fantasy 7 (tin case) I bought the night before so hopefully I get the items

Got an email about being able to ship my Doom Eternal pre-order finally.

Did anyone who was able to ship an existing pre-order after release get the preorder bonuses?
Just got an email about my Doom pre-order as well. I don't really care about the physical pre-order junk, but if the code isn't included somewhere, I'm gonna get grumpy. Angry, even.

I think those are all the "sponsored" results that force themselves into every search result and get a random discount applied cosmetically. Recently its mostly been Pokemon Mystery Dunegon showing up in everything for me.

I'm confident enough in GS sticking around I'm not in any hurry to convert all my trade credit yet until I see the next gen and actually pickup this current gen once most of it's library is in 4/$20 range :p

Defiantly did not get any codes on my receipt. I did get the Shinra card and a sealed copy, so all good on that front. I think it is a result of GS allowing us to pick it up a day early and the codes not being "street legal" until then. So no soup is what I'm guessing for some of us.
I was told when I picked up my copy after 4:30 PM Central on Thursday that codes didn't start printing until 3 or 4 PM that day so if you went early you'll have to go back for the codes.

Forza Horizon 2 is DOTD. Pretty old, but still good. It's like virtual tourism around Italy.
If you didn't get this when it was GWG, it has been delisted digitally so physical copies are the only way to acquire now as is the case with Forza Horizon 1. (licensing issues with music and cars are why the delisting's happened.)

Thanks, I went and picked up a copy today on my way to Target (to get essential items). I was worried that I would get a generic case, but I was lucky and got one with original case and cover art.

Looking forward to picking up FH3 for $9.99 since it may (if it hasn’t already) gotten delisted
It's not delisted yet. Wait until this summer, if previous games are any indication. Usually the month before the game is delisted(usually around September), it's usually one of the free GwG games. It happened with Forza 5 & 6 and Horizon 2.

I would buy the Blizzard Mountain and Hot Wheels DLC before then, since there's no way to buy the DLC afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back