2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not delisted yet. Wait until this summer, if previous games are any indication. Usually the month before the game is delisted(usually around September), it's usually one of the free GwG games. It happened with Forza 5 & 6 and Horizon 2.

I would buy the Blizzard Mountain and Hot Wheels DLC before then, since there's no way to buy the DLC afterwards.
I’d rather buy the games I want. GwG requires a subscription to play the Xbox One titles.

WWE has given their talent & crew letters a la GameStop if they’re stopped by police when out and about as WWE is going back to live programming starting this week fearing their TV contracts would be restructured as they have hit their yearly taped show limit.

I wonder if they’ll get flack like GS, or if someone will have to post their letter online for it to have the same effect?

Got an email that includes a faded teaser for the "like a pro" ad. Playing around a little with it I could make out:

Borderlands 3:
Reg: 19.99
Deluxe: 29.99
Super Deluxe: 39.99

Mortal Kombat: 18.99

WWE 2K20: 18.99, Deluxe 28.99

NBA 2K20: 19.99, Legend 39.99

Mario Rabbids: 16.99

Ghost Recon Breakpoint: ??.?? but Gold and Ultimate are on sale too.

Jedi Fallen Order: 38.99, Digital Deluxe 44.99

Madden 20: 19.99

Limited Edition Xbox One X 1TB NBA 2k20 Console 299.99

Playstation 4 Platinum Wireless Headset 99.99

Buy 2 Get 1 Free all 11.99 Vinyl Pop

Save up to $20 all pre-owned Dualshock 4 and Xbox One wireless controllers.[attachment=33878:flyer.png]

Got an email that includes a faded teaser for the "like a pro" ad. Playing around a little with it I could make out:

Borderlands 3:
Reg: 19.99
Deluxe: 29.99
Super Deluxe: 39.99

Mortal Kombat: 18.99

WWE 2K20: 18.99, Deluxe 28.99

NBA 2K20: 19.99, Legend 39.99

Mario Rabbids: 16.99

Ghost Recon Breakpoint: ??.?? but Gold and Ultimate are on sale too.

Jedi Fallen Order: 38.99, Digital Deluxe 44.99

Madden 20: 19.99

Limited Edition Xbox One X 1TB NBA 2k20 Console 299.99

Playstation 4 Platinum Wireless Headset 99.99

Buy 2 Get 1 Free all 11.99 Vinyl Pop

Save up to $20 all pre-owned Dualshock 4 and Xbox One wireless controllers. flyer.png
Bigfoot.jpg

1 DAY PRO day sale for all? In before disappointments. The one they had last week was pretty bad...
At a minimum they'd need B2G1 to be somewhat interesting pro-day.

Last pro-day was in November (?) and had the +$5 for any current gen game which was nice to prepare for the holiday sales.

to the guy who didn't get his ff vii tin. pm me your name, pur number and receipt and i'll see what i can do. and that goes for anyone having trouble getting their preorders or bonuses. dave steps out and gets the job done, even if comes from my own pocket. i told everyone that buys from gs that they get the dave guarantee and i meant it. and to all of the daveaholics that missed me - sorry i've been away so long. i've been working nonstop with the covid-19 and haven't gotten any sleep in a day or two. dave didn't win employee of the year for nothing. i love you all and if any of you come to my store and use the secret password "dave" at curbside pickup i might even "sneak" in a free game for you in your bag. because dave gives back to his loyal customers even if he has to pay for it. people over profits is my motto and i'm sticking by it.
Dave, how do we do returns?

I have to go back to GameStop for the 6th time since the outbreak happened, this time because they forget my final fantasy preorder bonus, I’m sick of this back and forth

Not sure if anyone else has noticed this. But, WWE2k20 has been listed at deal of the day section at least 3 times this week at 4.99. But when it's in your cart, its 19.99

Not sure if anyone else has noticed this. But, WWE2k20 has been listed at deal of the day section at least 3 times this week at 4.99. But when it's in your cart, its 19.99
Yeah, I noticed it a few days ago. Apparently, it's a "sponsored link" which makes no sense to me. I saw it earlier this morning and in small print you could see the word sponsored.....smh

Yeah, fuck all those people that worked on this game. Don't let your hate boner for Randy Pitchford get in the way of all the innocent employees.
Pitchford already screwed over all his employees. Not buying his game is more likely to screw him than them.

Gearbox has always been shady in my opinion, especially after the whole let's take money from Sega and just work on our own IP instead.

Yeah, fuck all those people that worked on this game. Don't let your hate boner for Randy Pitchford get in the way of all the innocent employees.
Well, it's not like the employees will get any financial benefit from your purchase. They already announced they will not be giving the employees their promised bonuses from the game.

Well, it's not like the employees will get any financial benefit from your purchase. They already announced they will not be giving the employees their promised bonuses from the game.
"It's a problem of motivation, all right? Now if I work my ass off and Initech ships a few extra units, I don't see another dime. So where's the motivation? And here's another thing, I have eight different bosses right now."

The point isn't to buy it so they get bonuses, it's to ensure they have a job to work on other games. A game that doesn't sell new copies eventually fires employees or whole studios.

Not that you shouldn't buy used but sometimes it's worth it to buy brand new if you want to support a studio and future works.

No one thinks this. The act of protesting the game by not buying it is itself an act of caring for the developers. It isn't necessarily a hate boner for Randy, whether he ends up being a pedo like some reports indicated (maybe he isn't, idk) but the company Gearbox lied about Aliens, lied to their employees about payouts, and pays below market wages.

The employees will never get treated better by Gearbox, and we will never see progress in working conditions if you don't actually stand up for developers with your wallet. Gearbox is paying them as little as they possibly can while keeping them from quitting, so your purchase in no way benefits the devs really. They're getting their mediocre industry salary while Randy/other execs get millions in bonuses.

The point isn't to buy it so they get bonuses, it's to ensure they have a job to work on other games. A game that doesn't sell new copies eventually fires employees or whole studios.

Not that you shouldn't buy used but sometimes it's worth it to buy brand new if you want to support a studio and future works.
The company would have more money to pay devs if they didn't get Pitchford and exes $10+ million in bonuses. You're supporting Gearbox's shitty practices. You're supporting the continuation of the devs getting paid below market wages in bad conditions. You are supporting an abusive relationship between execs and devs, and the only solution is for those devs to leave and get jobs at studios that offer better pay and conditions, which actually exist. Unless Gearbox has a change of heart. They're going to lay off staff even while giving $10 million bonuses to execs anyway.

Supporting Gearbox isn't helping the devs, its supporting a cycle of abuse that will continue until the brass up top gets the message. Buy the game used people. Its cheaper, you're supporting your local economy (if its at a retailer) and most of all, you aren't enabling a shitty workplace

Decided too late that I wanted the FF7 steelbook, so I'd been watching the site for the last few weeks hoping the ability to pre-order would pop up, but I never saw it. Checked Fri around 7 am, lo and behold they saved some stock for non-pre-order purchases.

I just got the email that my order has shipped!

Wasn't Walking Dead one of the biggest shows on TV that wasn't Game of Thrones? It's surprising that they couldn't last as long as GS.
They are 2 separate companies (AMC Theaters and the AMC tv channel)

If AMC goes under, I'd be really sad. My favorite movie chain... not to mention I have $80 worth of unused movie rewards.

is GameStop's site down for anyone else or just me? I just see "Oops...Something went wrong" and a refresh button.

edit: Now they're back up. 10 minute maintenance I guess.

I'll just post it here. Some Costco Warehouses received limited stock of Nintendo Switch Console today. For anyone looking for one.
Do you know how many people you just sent to their death right now lol?

jk. I know Nintendo is catching up on manufacturing, hopefully they have it sorted soon. They stopped shipping in japan intentionally to help reduce how many people were going out in public, which is crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back