2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone had issues redeeming a cert and getting one called “loyalty” that doesn’t work online?

Mine expires in June but I am not going to a store anytime soon...
I've been trying to redeem my monthly $5 toward an in-store pickup and I'm not seeing it.

Hmm lets see if their darned site's "help" section has anything...

YOUR MONTHLY PRO $5 REWARDS CERTIFICATE IS HERE TO USE ONLINE!

Due to COVID-19 precautions, certain GameStop locations have temporarily closed to comply with local & state regulations. For your safety, this month's Reward Certificate is good for online-only purchases.

Make sure you're logged into your PowerUp Rewards account at GameStop.com or on the GameStop app.

[snip login instructions except:]
For any issues with login, please email customer service at [email protected] **

You can apply the Reward Certificate when completing your online order. You'll also have the option to have your order shipped to you (free for orders over $35) or safely pick it up at select stores with contactless Delivery@Door.
Even after entering my CC info I haven't seen anything about using my "active offer" $5 reward. I see it in my "active offers" and it has a code that I am assuming is just for customer support since it doesn't work.

So no surprise they probably screwed something up again. Wouldn't be surprised if it isn't working due to something related to their faulty "online only" reward certificates.

If they wanted to help with COVID-19 they should let us use this on digital items, especially when a majority of digital currency listed DIGITAL ONLY or NOT AVAILABLE PHYSICALLY! PSN is digital only, and their store inventory checker shows nothing for a lot of physical cards.

And the few non-digital-currency things I tried looking for pickup are in-stock at stores that are "Closed Until CL:OS"(I guess they couldn't replace "XX:XX" time with "Closed until quarantine lifted").

Halfway tempted to order pre-owned X1X for $230...sitting on $100 in TC/AC coupon/monthly coupon. Could be a good investment if they offer ~$250-300 for X1X or PS4 Pro towards the newer generation. 

I've been trying to redeem my monthly $5 toward an in-store pickup and I'm not seeing it.

Hmm lets see if their darned site's "help" section has anything...
Curious, did you try just putting in the code in the promo code box during checkout? That's how I got mine to work for March but haven't tried April yet.

Next week's ad is up as well (and linked to from the main CAG page even). Nothing of note as far as I'm concerned, though the B2G2 continues.

Also, I don't get the complaints. This is the Pro for a Day sale.

What's the value of being a Power Up Pro now? Nothing. The ad emulates that perfectly.

Yeah i'm also wondering about the vehicle kit too, i didn't jump on it at BB when I had the chance and regret that decision.
The VR kit (the $80 one, not the starter) has been hard to find. Earlier today gamestop showed sold out and it was recently in stock at $80. I guess they could lower the started kit to $20

The VR kit (the $80 one, not the starter) has been hard to find. Earlier today gamestop showed sold out and it was recently in stock at $80. I guess they could lower the started kit to $20
It they put the VR kit (not starter) on sale for $25, I'd bite. We already have the starter, but even a second set of lenses could be helpful if they get scratched from glasses.

I was able to get the Starter VR kit ($20) for my son's birthday next week, would have been an amazing deal if the $80 bundle had been $20. I'll keep my eyes out, thanks for the update.

Okay, so I'm thinking about venturing up to my local GS and I'm wondering how curbside delivery works. The store's not located in a mall, so what do I do when I get there? Do I knock on the door? Just go inside? Is an employee always standing outside? Do I call and schedule a pick-up time? I have no idea...

Okay, so I'm thinking about venturing up to my local GS and I'm wondering how curbside delivery works. The store's not located in a mall, so what do I do when I get there? Do I knock on the door? Just go inside? Is an employee always standing outside? Do I call and schedule a pick-up time? I have no idea...
You order online for in store pick up and wait for your "your order is ready for pickup" email. Then when your there (or more likely when your on your way) call them and let them know your order and your on your way. They will ask for ID so have your drivers licenses ready. They will meet you at the door, look at your ID, and give you your order.

Looking for some opinions.

Is it worth it to buy the Platinum Wireless headset if I have some credit to burn? I already have a Logitech G930 that I use for both PC and PS4 gaming, as well as a couple of bluetooth headsets that work decent for my needs. But, I've heard good things about the Gold/Platinum line headsets. 

Is $100 a decent price? Has it been much lower anywhere else?

https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/playstation-4/accessories/headsets/products/playstation-4-platinum-wireless-headset/10135986.html

Appreciate any input.

You order online for in store pick up and wait for your "your order is ready for pickup" email. Then when your there (or more likely when your on your way) call them and let them know your order and your on your way. They will ask for ID so have your drivers licenses ready. They will meet you at the door, look at your ID, and give you your order.
Ok, thanks. Will they be pressuring me to renew my pro membership?

The Surge 2 for $20 isn't terrible, though I suspect there may be a version down the road with the Kraken DLC included.
That's the only thing that caught my eye to use the $5 monthly cert on. I'm sure I'll get stuck with the vanilla version, open with a sticker slapped on it, but who knows

Check the store locator near you. If it has "Closed until Cl:OS" on the hours, they're closed and not taking curbside pickup orders.
Is that true, because I think every store in New York comes up like that, which would mean no curbside pickup in NYC.

EDIT: Just tried a random purchase online and it wouldn't allow pickup at store, so I guess it's true. Looks like I won't be bothering with the proday sale...

Want to get a switch lite, but can't find one..

As for pro sale, might pick up yugioh legacy of duelist switch. It's 28.99, hoping used price is lowered too.

Speed might be slow but they ship stuff pretty well for the small amount of things I order from them. Never got an item in a bubble mailer that should be shipped in a box with Gamestop.
My last order I bought 1 game and they sandwiched the game between two pieces of cardboard about a foot by 8 inches wide. I guess that did the job.

Curious, did you try just putting in the code in the promo code box during checkout? That's how I got mine to work for March but haven't tried April yet.
Yes, under "promo code" it gives a red "not applied" with a description of just "promo code" followed by the code I entered.

Changing between shipping and store pickup options doesn't do anything, and the item is in stock for both.

Speed might be slow but they ship stuff pretty well for the small amount of things I order from them. Never got an item in a bubble mailer that should be shipped in a box with Gamestop.
I just got my Persona 5 Royal Phantom Ed and it looks pretty perfect. My past copy was from BestBuy pick up and it looked like it had been kicked around a bit.

This is just sad....
Hopefully a restock happens and can get one.
Check amazon warehouse as they might have some. That's where I grabbed mine back in march for 156$ iirc and it was listed as acceptable but came in new condition with just a small dent and crease on the box that are barely noticeable. Just note that amazon warehouse is very ymmv on item conditions. If applicable try to look for a dinger description which often reads small mark on such and such.

Check amazon warehouse as they might have some. That's where I grabbed mine back in march for 156$ iirc and it was listed as acceptable but came in new condition with just a small dent and crease on the box that are barely noticeable. Just note that amazon warehouse is very ymmv on item conditions. If applicable try to look for a dinger description which often reads small mark on such and such.
Even amazon is full of $250+, nothing below that currently. Will keep checking amazon/target/bestbuy

I will have plenty to spend for pro day tomorrow. These offers in the latest email sweeten the pot if only just a little. 4x points and $5 rewards on every $50 spent on preowned games.

* 4x points is equal to 40 points per dollar spent on qualifying purchases. Points will be awarded within 3 days of qualifying. Must be logged-in to your PowerUp Rewards account during online checkout or provide your email address during delivery@door checkout qualify. 

** Only PowerUp Rewards Pro Members are eligible for Rewards Cash. Coupon will be delivered to member’s Active Offers within 7 business days of purchase. Rewards Cash valid from 5/3-5/16. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. 

Ugh wish these were guaranteed case for the used copies... I would love to get some on the cheap with the pro day deals. Too bad they are closed.

Of course I ended up buying things that weren't really discounted further for Pro Day (Code Vein and an anime statue). Extra points for being Pro won't hurt though.

There are some real steals for those that  haven't already prematurely bought all the games they already wanted. Nier Automata Game of the Yorha for

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back