2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is anybody else seeing Predator: Hunting Grounds listed as $14.99 for deal of the day? I clicked on it to check it out and it goes up to the full $39.99 outside of the deal of the day section.
I have seen this happening over the past couple weeks with other games. Almost seems like click bait to get visibility to that game.

Used my $5 pro cert for a store pickup of Fallout 4. Case need some cleaning but appears in good condition. Looks like there may be a poster missing and it says Fallout 3 is included? Can anyone confirm what this came with new?

I would make a couple of honest attempts to contact them. After that, contact your credit card bank and report the issue. I wouldn't wait on hold for hours, your bank should be able to just charge it back on them.

That said, your bank may be currently operating reduced service as well. Probably be best to do as much as possible in writing by email and keep records.
This is what I did after GS sent me bootleg Soulsilvers for the Black Friday sale, and I didn't want to kill my local store with returning a bunch of $60 games, so I mailed them back to GS. They gave me a refund on the sales tax and that was it. They never gave me a full refund after multiple attempts, so I went to my bank. I had to provide proof, which I happened to have, call logs, tracking numbers, etc. After a few weeks the bank "provisionally" refunded my money, pending Gamestops response. Gamestop replied by with copypasta from their return policy. As of yet, I've not gotten anything saying "final decision" possibly because of COVID, but the refund is still on my account. And yes, we are talking about a total of 5 months, and many hours, to get a $100 refund.

Morally of the story: do not return anything to the website.

Just a heads up for anyone looking forward to The Last of Us Part II, there are major story, character and cutscene spoilers leaked today so do your best to avoid anything about the game.

Just a heads up for anyone looking forward to The Last of Us Part II, there are major story, character and cutscene spoilers leaked today so do your best to avoid anything about the game.
Thankfully the only one I saw was one that I figured was going to happen.

Hmm, noticed a bunch of places are now back to "Closed Until CL:OS" which I swear last week were supposedly re-opened.

Hmm, noticed a bunch of places are now back to "Closed Until CL:OS" which I swear last week were supposedly re-opened.
Chances are, the managers said fuck it, they’re not paying me enough. The manager at my local store is making more on unemployment.

I went a little too far into the spoilers. Game is pretty much ruined for me. I’m sure a pissed off employee leaked it. Avoid YouTube and twitter if possible.

Ugh.  Somehow I squeaked through to customer support in less than an hour.  Bought some games and a controller during pro days and one was Valkyria Chronicles 4.  They shipped the game's case but the game inside was VC Remastered.  I know they're literally in the same timeline but Remastered is not 4 lol.  They ended up shipping me another copy and let me keep VC Remastered.

Downside is I need to hunt down a case and slip for it now.  Ugh.

Aww I guess I missed out on the buy 2 get 3 fun. Oh well the only title I wanted was monster hunter world really anyway out of the stuff in stock. That and maybe lost child since it seems interesting though I'm not a fan of first person combat.
What did I miss?

I haven't checked gs since they closed with no curbside pickup here.

Bought the PS4 Pro when it was on sale for Pro Day and ended up with the 7100...I only had the quieter 7200 previously. Goodness this thing really is loud. Anyway to make it quieter? My wife heard it and said it has to go if it stays as loud as it does.

You can take it apart, blow out the dust, verify it has all the requisite thermal pads and clean/reapply thermal paste if it's used. But no amount of cleaning will make an older model pro as quiet as a newer one.  As a PC gamer with noctua fans, I can hardly believe how loud my PS4 Pro is while playing FF7 R and it's the newest model they make.

Any kind of deal on used accessories.  I am real need of 2 black Wii remotes and several of my local GS stores have them but man paying $35 a piece sucks.

Bought the PS4 Pro when it was on sale for Pro Day and ended up with the 7100...I only had the quieter 7200 previously. Goodness this thing really is loud. Anyway to make it quieter? My wife heard it and said it has to go if it stays as loud as it does.
Mine is new model and loud during FF7, and I’m going to clean the fan today but who actually says it “has to go” because of the noise? Lol. Turn up the volume or put on headphones, my wife can hear it from the other room but wouldn’t tell me to get rid of it.

You can take it apart, blow out the dust, verify it has all the requisite thermal pads and clean/reapply thermal paste if it's used. But no amount of cleaning will make an older model pro as quiet as a newer one. As a PC gamer with noctua fans, I can hardly believe how loud my PS4 Pro is while playing FF7 R and it's the newest model they make.
I've heard that it's quieter if you get it digitally.

Is there some sort of new trick to getting Gamestop.com to process orders? Tried once yesterday and twice today and get the "Oops... some bullshit" error message, but sure enough there's a pending charge that eventually falls off.

I bought a 25" HDMI cable and banished my PS4 F-16 Fighter Jet edition into my walk-in closet; door closed.

I'm sure it's asking for trouble with heat. the noise ruins the experience and I just need to get through FF7 and P5R.

I bought a 25" HDMI cable and banished my PS4 F-16 Fighter Jet edition into my walk-in closet; door closed.

I'm sure it's asking for trouble with heat. the noise ruins the experience and I just need to get through FF7 and P5R.
A ~2 foot cord, huh? I think you mean 25' not 25", chief. 25 feet would be 300".

I've heard that it's quieter if you get it digitally.
The disc drive doesn't need to spin up when running digital. If you go SSD as well you also remove the drive noise which can help but its all dependent on how hot the system ends up getting. Most reliable fix for noise is to just tear it down and reapply thermal paste to the cpu.

What? Games are played off the hard drive. You're playing a digital copy regardless of whether you have a disc or not.
It may play off the hard drive but the disc drive still spins up periodically because it has to read the disc anyways to verify the license. This is why you still need the disc even if 100% of the game is installed to the drive.

I’m trying to reduce my trips to GameStop but I need that final fantasy display in the window. I keep asking but the worker ignores me.

What? Games are played off the hard drive. You're playing a digital copy regardless of whether you have a disc or not.
Just saying what I heard in the psn thread. Something about the digital version makes it run quieter than the physical version for whatever reason. Ignoring that if you play it without it fully installing first it apparently still spins and such.

am I doing the $5 redemption wrong? I put it into the promo code with and without the - and I just can't get it to work

edit: for some reason, it only worked after I went to the checkout screen then backed up into my cart to enter it again but I got it now. Didn't want it to go to waste this month.

Ended up using my $5 monthly cert to order Shift 2 Unleashed for PS3 so it wouldn't go to waste. Most of the other games I was interested in were either out of stock or out of my price range.

18/24 Shipped so far;

UglyDolls* :ps4:

Evil Within 2 :xb1:

Valkyia Revolution :ps4:

Syberia 3 :xb1:

Left Alive :ps4:

The Surge :ps4:

UFC 2 :ps4:

Just Cause 3 :ps4:

COD: AW :pS4

LIS: Before the storm :xb1:

Mafia III :pS4

Dead Rising HD :xb1:

Dead Rising 2 HD :xb1:

The Girl and the Robot :ps4:

Guilty Gear Xrd :ps4:

This is the Police 2 :ps4:

Alekine's Gun :ps4:

Super Dungeon Bros :ps4:

*Easy Platinum :beer:
My other 6 games just shipped. So far I only received one game, there's 2 packages arriving later on today.

I received 12 games and 9 were in original cases, but there’s some questionable “stuff” smeared on a few of the discs...GS gives no Fs about cleanliness unless it’s them accepting your trades, and then the smallest scratches result in a refurb fee.

I received 12 games and 9 were in original cases, but there’s some questionable “stuff” smeared on a few of the discs...GS gives no Fs about cleanliness unless it’s them accepting your trades, and then the smallest scratches result in a refurb fee.
It's truly amazing. I think that they occasionally slip in those "this is what can happen to your disc" examples if they can't locate your purchased item.

Killzone and Mirror's Edge didn't come with original cases from my first B2G2 order.

Locke's Quest came yesterday, with original case from B2G3...still waiting on the other 11 games which should come in a few days.  

It's aggravating GS didn't change the preowned prices for some of the sports games on sale until today. NBA 2k20 and WWE 2k20 had preowned above their respective new prices on Sunday while the B2G1 was active. PS4 PES preowned was out of stock but now in-stock. Wonder where they're getting trade ins from suddenly.  

Meanwhile, the advertised preowned sales haven't gone into effect. Last of Us Remastered and Madden 19 for xb1 are still at their normal prices....

It's aggravating GS didn't change the preowned prices for some of the sports games on sale until today. NBA 2k20 and WWE 2k20 had preowned above their respective new prices on Sunday while the B2G1 was active. PS4 PES preowned was out of stock but now in-stock. Wonder where they're getting trade ins from suddenly.

Meanwhile, the advertised preowned sales haven't gone into effect. Last of Us Remastered and Madden 19 for xb1 are still at their normal prices....
You do understand that that's WHY they didn't change the prices (B2G1) free? :)

They've always done this; they probably always will. They raise the prices before sales and then eventually lower them after they end.

So what my manager has said is the companies that we normally get our shipments from and help us get restocked have been refusing to send anything so thats why stock has been so low. Could be that they finally sent stuff and restocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back