2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Spoke too soon/gamestop once again fails:

Only 3 games came with original case: Fallout 76, Fallout 4 and FFXV...the rest were in beat-up GS generic cases.

I hope to get my local store to switch cases out, once these retail restrictions are lifted.

Can't believe I'm having so much trouble getting something with the $5 monthly coupon. Why can't we apply the coupon on whatever we want. Either you spend more $15 or more on certain things or you don't get to use it. They put it in a way that you can't use it on things under $10. Also, most of the things I want are out of stock online and in my city. This is not cool.

Are wait times still horrendous? I just got on hold to try and get my PUR coupon issue fixed from weeks ago.
I was on the phone for 2 hours and 10 minutes without ever getting an answer. I have emailed them and sent DM's on their customer support Twitter page - nothing at this point.

Can't believe I'm having so much trouble getting something with the $5 monthly coupon. Why can't we apply the coupon on whatever we want. Either you spend more $15 or more on certain things or you don't get to use it. They put it in a way that you can't use it on things under $10. Also, most of the things I want are out of stock online and in my city. This is not cool.
you can use it on items $4.99 and above

What options are you guys choosing when calling? I've never had to wait more than 10 minutes for someone to answer. Granted, I have had to call multiple times for the same issue.

Update: talking to someone now, on hold for just over an hour.

Updating the update, pray I do not update it any further: Aaaand problem fixed. Dude gave me the points equivalent to the coupon. That works.

Not necessarily. I’m always curious on the amount of current gen games in universal cases. I figure every last gen game will come in one, but less expecting current to.
I'll share my results from the B4G8: 6 with original cases (Fallout 76 came with the centennial ed case - equivalent), 5 with generic cases (2 were smashed to shit, literally crumbed - but discs looked ok), 1 with I'll assume a limited edition steelbook (Halo 5 Guardians). Better than expected. :beer:

Do you have a secret phone number? I was on hold for 3 hours. Maybe the lack of sales last week cut down on their call volume
Nope. Just calling the regular customer service number. I used to have the number stores call to speak to US based reps, but it got buried in my call logs.

Received all but 2 of my games from the weekend. Thus far, it's been about 50% original cases for PS4 titles, and 0% for 3DS games. Kinda what I expected. But not a one filled with roaches or beetles! Feel like I just lost the GS lottery...for shame.

I'll share my results from the B4G8: 6 with original cases (Fallout 76 came with the centennial ed case - equivalent), 5 with generic cases (2 were smashed to shit, literally crumbed - but discs looked ok), 1 with I'll assume a limited edition steelbook (Halo 5 Guardians). Better than expected. :beer:
This site has original cover art that you can print out.

http://www.thecoverproject.net/

Thanks for the heads up, got my order in about an hour ago. 12 $9.99 preowned games, 8 were discounted to zero, CAG16 discount on 3, total came out to $37.27 after tax with the free shipping. I did not use my $5 monthly discount since it took the total under $35 and charged $4 for shipping. I figure this deal is worth a gamble at just over $3 per game (if they all actually ship!).

All XB1:

Mortal Kombat X

Walking Dead: New Frontier

Dead Rising 2 HD

Mega Man Legacy Collection

We Happy Few

Dead Rising HD

RiME

Mafia III

Wolfenstein: Old Blood

Gears of War 4

Tales from the Borderlands

Dead Rising 3

Time to see how this bet pays off....
All XB1:

Mortal Kombat X OG case and insert slip - case busted though and not from shipping

Walking Dead: New Frontier OG case - little grimy though

Dead Rising 2 HD OG case - little rough but okay

Mega Man Legacy Collection Black gen case

We Happy Few OG case - looks dang near new

Dead Rising HD Black gen case

RiME OG case - really good shape

Mafia III OG case - little rough but okay

Wolfenstein: Old Blood Black gen case - case is busted

Gears of War 4 Black gen case - case is busted

Tales from the Borderlands OG case and insert slip - looks nearly new

Dead Rising 3 Black gen case - this disc looks smeared with something?

well that's my haul and at just over $3 each I am happy with the gamble. I will swap cases if I find better copies in store later on or just trade some later. hope we get a nice trade promo when stores start opening again.

Ordered 36 games with the B2G2/B2G1 deal. Received all of my games today. 12 of them were the black generic cases. 2 of them were black cases, but with the real covers. 21 were original cases. One game (Prison Architect) was on the packing slip, but not in the box. Not too bad overall, minus the missing game.

From GameStop's most recent business update:

http://investor.gamestop.com/news-releases/news-release-details/gamestop-provides-business-update-related-covid-19

"As of April 4, 2020, the Company had approximately $772 million in total cash and liquidity ($706 million in cash and $66 million in availability on its revolver). The Company continues to expect it has sufficient liquidity and financial flexibility to navigate the current environment."

The company had $499.4 million in cash on hand at the end of Q4 (And $290 million at the end of Q3), so their financial situation has actually improved significantly since then. They should have no problem making it to the next console generation with their current assets. 

From GameStop's most recent business update:

http://investor.gamestop.com/news-releases/news-release-details/gamestop-provides-business-update-related-covid-19

"As of April 4, 2020, the Company had approximately $772 million in total cash and liquidity ($706 million in cash and $66 million in availability on its revolver). The Company continues to expect it has sufficient liquidity and financial flexibility to navigate the current environment."

The company had $499.4 million in cash on hand at the end of Q4 (And $290 million at the end of Q3), so their financial situation has actually improved significantly since then. They should have no problem making it to the next console generation with their current assets.
Yeah I feel like people don’t understand how businesses actually go under. They’re closing stores coz they’re trying to stay ahead of potential shortfalls. I don’t think they have much or any debt; which is the big thing that makes corps for bankrupt.

I'm glad their website was not garbage enough to snag that Doom Eternal CE that's back up.  I hoped the rewards certs would be working by now, but got a $10 one I can't use. Fun.

Yeah I feel like people don’t understand how businesses actually go under. They’re closing stores coz they’re trying to stay ahead of potential shortfalls. I don’t think they have much or any debt; which is the big thing that makes corps for bankrupt.
Exactly. They actually have a ton of cash on hand right now, especially considering their total required lease payments is only around $200 million a year (Versus over $700 million in cash on hand at the moment). Their balance sheet is incredibly strong despite the decline in sales.

People just don't really understand business at all. Had a guy on reddit tell me that Gamestop is just a glorified yard sale and it "doesn't take any thought whatsoever to run it."

Do you have a secret phone number? I was on hold for 3 hours. Maybe the lack of sales last week cut down on their call volume
I bought Valkyria Chronicles 4 from the pro days sale and I got the right case but the game was VC Remastered. I contacted gamestop through email and managed to get a replacement with a response in 7~ hours.

I have a exciting date with a GameStop employee, she has eyes like a caterpillar and skin like a turtle. I’m beyond excited wish me luck!

GS CS gave my brother a shipping label to return his broken PS4, so I guess they’re at least doing online returns? Do they usually ship a replacement right away or wait til they get the defective unit?

GS CS gave my brother a shipping label to return his broken PS4, so I guess they’re at least doing online returns? Do they usually ship a replacement right away or wait til they get the defective unit?
They won’t ship a replacement until after the warehouse receives the returned item. It could take 2-3 weeks from the time you ship an item back to when you receive a replacement. That’s assuming there is no fuck up on their end and they promptly send within the 3-5 days of delivery.

I got my order of 10 Wii U games today, all in generic black cases with no artwork. 8 of those 10 won’t boot at all, 2 work... but I’m not trusting those. Called CS for over a hour and then my phone died, I might just wait it out for the stores to open back up to return.

Also got a wrong game disk in the proper case.

Ok, I get "Your shopping cart cannot be ordered because store pickup is not available for the selected store" but I picked from the list of "CHECK STORE AVAILABILITY" condition "new" a store that should have it and it said "opens 12:00 PM."

Tried it for another item and now it wants me to call the store.

fuck- it, I'll just use the $5 for tax & shipping, too bad the darned $10 cert I converted points for isn't working either but I have until 6/30 to deal with it.

This is the way to go, but there are a lot of games missing.

Since I usually get weird older titles that aren't on there I also get covers from GameFaqs - example.

Then just paste them up in a template in word with the case dimensions. They usually look pretty good.

If the front cover is low quality there i just get it off the Gamestop website.

Another good site with Nintendo covers - https://www.gametdb.com/

This is the way to go, but there are a lot of games missing.

Since I usually get weird older titles that aren't on there I also get covers from GameFaqs - example.

Then just paste them up in a template in word with the case dimensions. They usually look pretty good.

If the front cover is low quality there i just get it off the Gamestop website.

Another good site with Nintendo covers - https://www.gametdb.com/
I got a bunch of disc only titles from past Gamestop sales.

Does anyone know the cheapest way to print replacement coverart? How about cheap printer recommendations?

So the current search terms of "DOTDWEEK#___" seems to work for the additional DotD, but not the "featured" DotD - anyone know the search term for the "featured dotd"?

ie - today's featured is Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Does anyone know the cheapest way to print replacement coverart? How about cheap printer recommendations?
You should keep an eye out for clearance printers from Target and Walmart. Just use brickseek. Some of them can go for as low as $25.

Striking out on coverart for:

Alien Isolation -XB1

Mega Man Legacy - XB1

Republique - PS4

Any help/suggestions are appreciated- thanks!

I keep getting an error saying that no payment id was selected when using my $5 on final fantasy XV for pickup.. am I breaking the system because it’s supposed to be free? I am entering a cc as well..

Striking out on coverart for:

Alien Isolation -XB1

Mega Man Legacy - XB1

Republique - PS4

Any help/suggestions are appreciated- thanks!
Couple options I'm looking at:

- Ask my local store (when they fully open) if i can switch them out...I've done this before. I could possibly do it now since they're open for curbside.

- trade them in when the stores open and start taking trades, as long as there is a good trade-in deal

All up to you, but as others have stated, you can print out the covers and put them in a generic blue PS4 case.

Couple options I'm looking at:

- Ask my local store (when they fully open) if i can switch them out...I've done this before. I could possibly do it now since they're open for curbside.

- trade them in when the stores open and start taking trades, as long as there is a good trade-in deal

All up to you, but as others have stated, you can print out the covers and put them in a generic blue PS4 case.
Once the stores reopen for returns and trades, could you not just do buy/returns if you find better copies at GSs in the wild? Find a nice copy, buy it, then return your crappy box/disc/etc within a week at that or another store?

Could you not just do buy/returns if you find better copies at GSs in the wild? Find a nice copy, buy it, then return your crappy box/disc/etc within a week at that or another store?
Considering GameStop shouldn’t be doing store returns, I’d say no.

You should keep an eye out for clearance printers from Target and Walmart. Just use brickseek. Some of them can go for as low as $25.
if it's just a handful of covers, you could have staples print them off. i needed a replacement ps4 cover and i think it was ~$1 on glossy

Called and got my April coupon converted to 5k points. Call took a total of 12 minutes. Also the coupon is still letting me use it online.
Thank you for mentioning this. I did the same...though of course it took an hour and a half for me (mostly waiting on hold while I did something else)

Once the stores reopen for returns and trades, could you not just do buy/returns if you find better copies at GSs in the wild? Find a nice copy, buy it, then return your crappy box/disc/etc within a week at that or another store?
Yeah, you can do that. Might be awhile though before you can actually do that

Am I just unlucky? I see people getting orders rather quickly.

Ordered some stuff from gamestop on April 18. Shipped on 26th, 1 hour from me. Delivery was scheduled today, but tracking hasn't updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back