2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
fyi its potluck with these, all they do is put batteries in and see if the light comes on, they dont sync or test them when taking them in as a trade for 4 bucks, unless the unit is a little dirty or scuffed, then its 2 bucks, and it goes right to the shelf for 30, but you might have to return 3 before you get 1 that actually works...
Is this even a deal? I was in the market for some motion plus ones about 6 months back and they were consistently going for $15ish on ebay, I think these were about half that.

Before the COVID I found these to be fairly common in thrift stores and would pick them up on the cheap in lots when the lot had something I wanted. Keep them in my guitar and zapper controllers so I don't have to switch them around.

Is this even a deal? I was in the market for some motion plus ones about 6 months back and they were consistently going for $15ish on ebay, I think these were about half that.

Before the COVID I found these to be fairly common in thrift stores and would pick them up on the cheap in lots when the lot had something I wanted. Keep them in my guitar and zapper controllers so I don't have to switch them around.
No its a horrible deal, and I would recommend going anywhere else, but unfortunately, in the times we are in, some people do not have much choice, if the kids are stuck at home, the wii remote breaks, they might need another asap to keep the peace, so I was just posting what I have seen, and experienced.

Got 2 of my games in today

Fist of the North Star came with the OG case and the DLC codes intact

Astro Bot came in a generic case

My rest come in either tomorrow or Wednesday, mostly hoping just Vesperia and .Hack comes with the cases.
Got my order yesterday. The 360 game came with the store cover and the disc was kinda beat up but that's to be expected at this point. But all the PS4 games I got came with their original covers, but half with generic cases.

LA Noire looked practically brand new, didn't even have any stickers on it.

Mad Max came in a generic case but the included DLC code still worked.

Bioshock Collection came in a generic case and since it's 2 discs, one of them is just flopping around inside, and I don't have any 2-disc cases to replace it with.

Mortal Kombat XL case was kinda beat up and covered in sticker gunk, but otherwise fine.

My pre-ordered copy of P5R came in yesterday. Nice and shrinkwrapped, as it should be. Of course - no mention of the mask pin that was supposed to be a GS exclusive. I suppose I can just wait until my local store in the mall re-opens, and test my luck there.

Also, still waiting on my ACNH pre-order to do...anything. Guess I'll keep on waiting. And still no mention anywhere about my Doom 64 code as well. Just winning all over the place here...

My pre-ordered copy of P5R came in yesterday. Nice and shrinkwrapped, as it should be. Of course - no mention of the mask pin that was supposed to be a GS exclusive. I suppose I can just wait until my local store in the mall re-opens, and test my luck there.

Also, still waiting on my ACNH pre-order to do...anything. Guess I'll keep on waiting. And still no mention anywhere about my Doom 64 code as well. Just winning all over the place here...

That sucks. I hope they didn't ran out of the pre-order bonus, but I doubt that.

I picked up my preorder curbside a month ago and to this day the store still hasn't received a shipment containing the pins, despite still having signage up advertising them.

On a positive note, it's just a pin and the game is excellent. I'm still playing it a month later. In my view, probably the single best ps4 game.

Don't forget that you can still do receiptless surveys through the website.  I have no idea if metrics matter for employees right now or whatever, but I'm sure SOMEONE has to read the things, and if you really want to talk up (or down) an employee, it's an option.

Because I'm obnoxiously long-winded, I like to write out messages/stories in the "positive experience" box. Hopefully they entertain the manager reading them for a few minutes.

I've met some really great employees over the last year, so I try really hard to remember to fill them out and put the employee in as positive a light as possible. Least I can do.

My signature shows how to place a user on your ignore list. Please utilize this if there's a particular poster you really don't want to see. It can greatly improve your experience here.

Maybe this post won't get deleted this time. Great job, moderation team.

I had to call customer service to get my P5R shipped, and it also didn't come with any extras. No pin, no $10 bonus. I didn't have the option of curbside because the store I ordered it in was inside of a now-closed mall.

I noticed that the preorder is still in my orders as if it hasn't been completed yet. If it's still there when the store reopens, I'm thinking about just "canceling" the order. We shouldn't have to jump through so many hoops just to wind up with less than what we ordered.

Is there a best way to contact GameStop for fast results?

My 50% off order from the 8th, which originally said delivery of the 20th, now says not until the 22nd. The bad part is, the label was printed over 36 hours ago, but so far the package hasn’t been picked up / dropped off / or even shipped yet. Each day it’s not picked up USPS just pushes back delivery... what can I do?

I don’t understand what GameStop gains by offering poor service...

My signature shows how to place a user on your ignore list. Please utilize this if there's a particular poster you really don't want to see. It can greatly improve your experience here.

Maybe this post won't get deleted this time. Great job, moderation team.
Clever subtlety is apparently lost on video game forums.

I had to call customer service to get my P5R shipped, and it also didn't come with any extras. No pin, no $10 bonus. I didn't have the option of curbside because the store I ordered it in was inside of a now-closed mall.

I noticed that the preorder is still in my orders as if it hasn't been completed yet. If it's still there when the store reopens, I'm thinking about just "canceling" the order. We shouldn't have to jump through so many hoops just to wind up with less than what we ordered.
Totally forgot about the $10 bonus (for P5R and ACNH)...guess those are never gonna happen as well. Awesome.

Totally forgot about the $10 bonus (for P5R and ACNH)...guess those are never gonna happen as well. Awesome.
I been reading in the gamestop reddit and some employee recommend calling customer service to get your missed promo and turn them into reward points so you can redeem them for certificate.

My 50% off order from the 8th, which originally said delivery of the 20th, now says not until the 22nd. The bad part is, the label was printed over 36 hours ago, but so far the package hasn’t been picked up / dropped off / or even shipped yet. Each day it’s not picked up USPS just pushes back delivery... what can I do?

Same thing happened with my order from earlier this month. What they don't show in the email is that it was likely shipped through UPS Mail Innovations. Once it goes so far they will then send it over to USPS for delivery. Enter your tracking number here look it up. https://www.ups-mi.net/packageID/

Does gamestop ever have stock in store that isn't displayed online? PS4's are literally sold out everywhere around me. 

Well, they seem to have gained your money in return for nothing.

My 50% off order came in today. 5 games.

3DS - Hey! Pikmin came in sealed with a preowned sticker on the shrinkwrap.
PS4 - Horizon Zero Dawn Complete came in a generic case.
PS4 - Resident Evil Origins Collection in original case.
3DS - Pokemon Moon came in a plastic holder.
3DS - Pokemon Alpha Sapphire came in a plastic holder.

All games look good. Testing them all right now.

Awesome.  My order came today!

Preowned:

PS4

Truberbrook - generic case

Reel Fishing - generic DVD case

Vita

Lego Gotham - generic case

Lego Movie - no case at all

Lego Jurassic World - no case at all

Madden 13 - no case at all

New:

PS4

Grip Airblades - generic case

Yep, my "new" game came in a generic case with the word "Pre-Owned" crossed off and "New" written on it.  That is ridiculous.  I sent them an email for them to send me a brand new game and three cases for the vita games.  I am generally indifferent towards GameStop, but as annoying as not getting cases is, I feel like I was grifted on the new copy.   It was completely unacceptable and they did the worst thing they could to a consumer - lose trust.  And shame on the employee that sent a used and incomplete "new" game to me.  

Awesome. My order came today!

Preowned:
PS4
Truberbrook - generic case
Reel Fishing - generic DVD case
Vita
Lego Gotham - generic case
Lego Movie - no case at all
Lego Jurassic World - no case at all
Madden 13 - no case at all

New:
PS4
Grip Airblades - generic case

Yep, my "new" game came in a generic case with the word "Pre-Owned" crossed off and "New" written on it. That is ridiculous. I sent them an email for them to send me a brand new game and three cases for the vita games. I am generally indifferent towards GameStop, but as annoying as not getting cases is, I feel like I was grifted on the new copy. It was completely unacceptable and they did the worst thing they could to a consumer - lose trust. And shame on the employee that sent a used and incomplete "new" game to me.
That sucks...sorry

Yep, my "new" game came in a generic case with the word "Pre-Owned" crossed off and "New" written on it. That is ridiculous. I sent them an email for them to send me a brand new game and three cases for the vita games. I am generally indifferent towards GameStop, but as annoying as not getting cases is, I feel like I was grifted on the new copy. It was completely unacceptable and they did the worst thing they could to a consumer - lose trust. And shame on the employee that sent a used and incomplete "new" game to me.
Sadly that's the gamble we take anytime we order online from Gamestop. Hopefully they fix your issue by calling them. When I order online with them, I expect the worst and hope for the best. I also expect that new games will look like used games, which is why I never order new games from them.

Same thing happened with my order from earlier this month. What they don't show in the email is that it was likely shipped through UPS Mail Innovations. Once it goes so far they will then send it over to USPS for delivery. Enter your tracking number here look it up. https://www.ups-mi.net/packageID/

Thank you so much. You were completely correct and this worked. My package was picked up by UPS in Texas today. Maybe there’s a chance it arrives in 7 business days after all. This community is literally the nicest group of folks around.

I posted about this on the /GameStop Reddit, simply stating my issue and questioning the “no rush” delivery policy (as opposed to free priority or first class from other companies).
I was told GameStop is a privilege, I was too greedy, and other companies are losing money every time they ship something for free. Then my post was deleted and I was permanently banned from /GameStop Reddit 😂

The irony.

While I’ve never had anything that blatantly devious happen to me, I have received opened games before labeled as “new” (as we all have). Most of the time I just bite the bullet, but I have had success calling the customer service number. It takes a while but for the most part they don’t question things, and just ask you to return the copy you received. Usually with a prepaid label emailed to you. Rather simple.

The way I look at it is “If I tried to return the game, in this condition, to the store as “brand new” would you accept it? Then why was it sent to me as “brand new” in this condition?”

But you shouldn’t have to take it that far, and customer service should take care of it for you, albeit, after some waiting.

The GameStop Reddit is hilarious. They cried about working. Listen I get it virus scary but they were babies. I wouldn't hire them to work at my company. I still kept business going and my worker's made more then damn near anyone and now they are on a nice vacation chilling.

On that note every Vita game I ordered had the OG case.

The GameStop Reddit is hilarious. They cried about working. Listen I get it virus scary but they were babies. I wouldn't hire them to work at my company. I still kept business going and my worker's made more then damn near anyone and now they are on a nice vacation chilling.

I’m sure people are lining up to work for you.

I saw that GameStop was going to start accepting trades again.

I'm hoping for some sort of trade promotion. The values are kinda low right now.

apparently a global pandemic just doesn’t instill empathy in some people

Disappointed to still see some doomsdayers on here, even when the whole thing has been proven completely overblown.

Again, Gamestop is considered to be one of the safest retailers to work at during this time. As someone who works in retail in a completely open store that's been open the whole time, yes, its very funny to see GS employees whine and complain.

I'm hoping for some sort of trade promotion. The values are kinda low right now.
I've been waiting for FF7 remake and Animal Crossing to go pre-owned so I could get them in a B2G1 sale.

Gonna be weird to start thinking of trading in all this crap again! I dont think I'll bother looking at trade values until cash is back or there is a +5! :bomb:

Disappointed to still see some doomsdayers on here, even when the whole thing has been proven completely overblown.

Again, Gamestop is considered to be one of the safest retailers to work at during this time. As someone who works in retail in a completely open store that's been open the whole time, yes, its very funny to see GS employees whine and complain.
Yeah, you're not correct at all. But you work in retail so I'm sure you're very well versed in the actual science behind the virus.

85 thousand dead and that is with everyone staying at home, how can that be overblown?

Just got my order from the 50% off 5+ sale, and I saw all 8 of my games had their original cases... or so I thought. Upon opening the vita case, it was empty.
Now I need to call customer service and deal with a replacement because my local gamestops are closed until end of May. To make matters worse, I only received 1 receipt instead of 2; I have page 2 of 2, but am missing page 1 of 2. What a mess!

85 thousand dead and that is with everyone staying at home, how can that be overblown?
I may be mistaken but I believe they were referring to doom sayers aboht GameStop going under not COVID 19.

And about GameStop, they don’t have much debt and a lot of cash so yes, most speculation about them going bust is completely out of touch with reality. Now they can still be a shitty retailer, just their demise is literally not happening

Seeing as my state is apparently starting to open up, I'm somewhat temped to go GS early when the open in full mask/gloves/etc to pickup some Steam credit with the $5(hoping their "No stores were found with available inventory" is just due to their awful inventory system) and/or something else with my $10 cert I can't use online.

It would be so much easier if they just considered it "gift card" credit, it seems they have too many BS restrictions(like not being able to use it on items being on sale, excluding items marked "promotion exempt") tied to the $5.  Then again, it could just be incompetence since I their $10 "online-only" reward never worked for me online, and their "regular" $10 won't work online either...

Only signed up back in August due to being pressured in-store to use my points towards it, and this reward scheme doesn't change my plans not to renew.

I may be mistaken but I believe they were referring to doom sayers aboht GameStop going under not COVID 19.

And about GameStop, they don’t have much debt and a lot of cash so yes, most speculation about them going bust is completely out of touch with reality. Now they can still be a shitty retailer, just their demise is literally not happening
No I was talking about Corona. The average age of death of a "Corona victim" is slightly over 80, which is older than the normal death age for literally everything else averaged out. The only people who are truly at risk are elderly people (80+) and severely overweight people, both who's times are numbered anyways.

The guy that quoted with the 85,000 is exactly who the fearmongering outlets are targeting that believes the numbers ten fold. The numbers are completely falsified, and if you havent noticed that yet than theres no helping ya.

Again, not sure why this is even being brought up on a gamestop board. Point was is they should be open completely now and they shouldve always been. There isnt a single store in my area that's open, even for pickup only, and theres about 50-60 stores there. That's just absurd.

I want some of what this guy is smoking. Average age of death is 71 worldwide, 78 in the US. People who have coronavirus are somehow able to live longer than that?

^This Eutaoo dude is a troll. Ignore and move on

The World ends with you and No more Heroes for Switch are on sale right now and could be used with CAG16. Very tempting

I want some of what this guy is smoking. Average age of death is 71 worldwide, 78 in the US. People who have coronavirus are somehow able to live longer than that?
Dont know how you even got what I said that mixed up. The average age of people WHO HAVE DIED of corona is just over 80.

And lol. The guy below was so quick to throw the troll card out because he heard something he didnt like and made himself look like a fool.

Again, not sure why this is still being talked about. Read the facts I've presented, re-think what you've believed up until now, and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back