2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you so much. You were completely correct and this worked. My package was picked up by UPS in Texas today. Maybe there’s a chance it arrives in 7 business days after all. This community is literally the nicest group of folks around.

I posted about this on the /GameStop Reddit, simply stating my issue and questioning the “no rush” delivery policy (as opposed to free priority or first class from other companies).
I was told GameStop is a privilege, I was too greedy, and other companies are losing money every time they ship something for free. Then my post was deleted and I was permanently banned from /GameStop Reddit

The irony.
Glad I could be of help!

Yikes. Dont know how you even got what I said that mixed up. The average age of people WHO HAVE DIED of corona is just over 80.
And lol. The guy below was so quick to throw the troll card out because he heard something he didnt like and made himself look like a fool.
I understood what you said. It's true that most people who died from it were old so far, but it's only been a month or two since anyone outside of China has been taking it seriously. You know young kids are getting a rare illness related to corona now? And treatment for corona is still a year away, maybe more. There's plenty of time for things to get worse.

It is not arguable that this country has overreacted. The average age of death in US is right on the life expectancy age. Anyone can get it but it is killing elderly and otherwise susceptible. This did not require a complete shutdown of the country for 8 weeks that absolutely destroyed families across the country that could no longer afford to pay their bills and feed their kids. 

The number of cases in Georgia and Florida have DECREASED since those states reopened, at a rate of 12-14%.  Everywhere was not the shitshow that NYC was and shouldn’t have been treated as such. 

Having said that, was pretty pumped to order a gray and red/blue switch today from GS. Been looking for a couple weeks and always just missed them. 

Thursday and Friday Flash Sale: Five select games for $10. Just making my way through the list right now but not sure how great the selection is.

Edit: Sorry, the link isn’t working properly right now even though I’m copying directly from the deals page. But it’s right there on the home page of GameStop.

https://www.gamestop.com/search/?q=%22FLASHSALEWEEK16%22
We've had 4/$10 for months at this point. 5/$10 for the dregs is no big deal.

So my package was delayed. Damn and I wanted to know which game got with their original case. Also, order again today for that Dotd sale which was that gamecube controller wireless and a pop figure. (Usually, I'm not into those but only for certain series. Still waiting for Final Fantasy one.) And a ps1 games. What I hated was that we couldn't pick the color of the controller. So much for getting a silver to match with my gold.

Question for you GS thread peeps:

I ordered (NS) Hellmutt new back on 4/20. Was delayed for 3 weeks, got it yesterday, it was a "gutted" copy (weeeee!).
Is getting new "gutted" copies off GS.com common?

Not happy about this, at all. I can accept that crap in store, but from online??

Thursday and Friday Flash Sale: Five select games for $10. Just making my way through the list right now but not sure how great the selection is.

Edit: Sorry, the link isn’t working properly right now even though I’m copying directly from the deals page. But it’s right there on the home page of GameStop.

https://www.gamestop.com/search/?q=%22FLASHSALEWEEK16%22
Missing out on last week's 50% off every used video game $19.99 and under. I feel this deal on select titles, sure seems like a slap in the face.

Insult to my injury, the titles I want for this current deal are all out of stock. The video gaming gods must hate me.

Regardless of anyone's opinion on this whole thing, it's really crazy how some stores are going back to full operation (basically) while some still arent even operating at all.

Looked at a few of my saved trades for the shit of it and almost half of them went down to $0.01. So I tried to search again for them and apparently they're not even in the system. Whether this is a glitch or not, GS employees are in for a rough time tomorrow at these stores if they're only doing current gen returns and many games arent even showing in the system lol.

Almost everything went down too. XB1 controllers went from $18 to $11. They're gonna really try and screw people to get some quick inventory.

Finally got around to checking my 2 B2G2 orders from GS that arrived tuesday.  One was from 2 weeks ago, when the B2G2 $9.99 and under worked on retro.   More miss than hit on cases & manuals.    Not even 50/50 on complete copies.

What arrived was:

Wii U Pro Controller(Nintendo brand, came with charging cable)

Doom 3(original Xbox) - disc only in sleeve, turned out to be the Collector's Edition disc with Uitimate Doom & Doom 2 included

Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil(original Xbox) - case w/o manual, disc cracked in the center

Mortal Kombat Armageddon(original Xbox)- insert in generic case w/o manual

Chrono Cross(PS1)- discs only in sleeves taped together

Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII(PS2)- Insert in generic case w/o manual

Alien: Isolation(XB1)- complete

Far Cry 4(PS4)-  disc only in generic case

Dragon Age: Inquistion(XB1)- disc only in generic case

Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Final Chapter(PS4)- disc only in generic case

If anything, more shocked how good the condition of the Pro Controller is in and had a charging cable with it(website mentions no cable).  Figured 1 or more of the retro games would have issues, but didn't expect a cracked disc to be sent.   Now I have to see if the local stores can even process a return right now for it.

Missing out on last week's 50% off every used video game $19.99 and under. I feel this deal on select titles, sure seems like a slap in the face.

Insult to my injury, the titles I want for this current deal are all out of stock. The video gaming gods must hate me.
Hopefully it gives you consolation to see how many problems and delays people are having who ordered during that sale. You saved yourself some trouble!

Some of the stuff I’ve seen on Marketplace in my area has been nuts. Last night someone listed a docked Switch with Splatoon 2 and another title for $150...I was a tad too late reaching out about it.
You're lucky, the price gouging fools (yes, more than one person) in my area are charging $550 for used Switches.

No I was talking about Corona. The average age of death of a "Corona victim" is slightly over 80, which is older than the normal death age for literally everything else averaged out. The only people who are truly at risk are elderly people (80+) and severely overweight people, both who's times are numbered anyways.

The guy that quoted with the 85,000 is exactly who the fearmongering outlets are targeting that believes the numbers ten fold. The numbers are completely falsified, and if you havent noticed that yet than theres no helping ya.

Again, not sure why this is even being brought up on a gamestop board. Point was is they should be open completely now and they shouldve always been. There isnt a single store in my area that's open, even for pickup only, and theres about 50-60 stores there. That's just absurd.
oh ok nvm. Good luck man I hope you get the help that you need

You're able to get 9 games for $10. After adding 5 of the 5/$10 select games to your cart, anything $1.99 and below is free. Up to 4 free per transaction, combining with the other promo (buy2get2). I did store pickup for all of mine

You're able to get 9 games for $10. After adding 5 of the 5/$10 select games to your cart, anything $1.99 and below is free. Up to 4 free per transaction, combining with the other promo (buy2get2). I did store pickup for all of mine
It's true, oh how true it is. Whether or not that makes it a "better" deal could be debated.

Be so nice to know they came with OG cases. The cases alone are worth $1.

I want some of what this guy is smoking. Average age of death is 71 worldwide, 78 in the US. People who have coronavirus are somehow able to live longer than that?
What the Illuminati don't want you to know is that the Coronavirus actually came from the fountain of youth. They want to hoard it all for themselves. And as CAGs we know a thing or two about hoarding.

Well put my order in. Not gonna lie, I am putting about 2 or 3 games on ebay cause I just needed filler but ff15 at $2 is a great price for that game and if some of those free under $2 games come with a case, I'll be happy. Got some redbox games that need some real cases. Probably gonna donate the sports games cause why not?

Uh...so Gamestop majorly fucked up my order from the get 50% off deal last week. Ordered .Hack for the PS4, they sent me a copy of fucking Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy 7 for PS2. The receipt even says its supposed to be .Hack.

I'm sure this will be fun to deal with support over.....

Uh...so Gamestop majorly fucked up my order from the get 50% off deal last week. Ordered .Hack for the PS4, they sent me a copy of fucking Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy 7 for PS2. The receipt even says its supposed to be .Hack.

I'm sure this will be fun to deal with support over.....
I've had to contact them twice now for wrong games. Email is less stressful and fairly quick than the phone queues.

Thanks for the heads up on this. Helpful post.

to many of the other recent posts... don't order GS bargain bin games online and expect them to arrive in anything but poor condition. Last week one of my games from the b4g8 came with the original case but had been sprayed with some kind of brown liquid. Promptly threw that one in the trash and washed hands.

Actually managed to get through almost instantly on the phone line (Like within a minute of finishing the choice selection).

Sounds like she's going to replace it and have me keep the wrong game and it was pretty hassle free

Regardless of anyone's opinion on this whole thing, it's really crazy how some stores are going back to full operation (basically) while some still arent even operating at all.
Looked at a few of my saved trades for the shit of it and almost half of them went down to $0.01. So I tried to search again for them and apparently they're not even in the system. Whether this is a glitch or not, GS employees are in for a rough time tomorrow at these stores if they're only doing current gen returns and many games arent even showing in the system lol.
Almost everything went down too. XB1 controllers went from $18 to $11. They're gonna really try and screw people to get some quick inventory.
Yea this blows. Have a bunch in my saved trades that show .01 but my state has yet to reopen let alone accept trades. Will be eating a bunch of losses if they stay this way. Or I’ll turn to selling locally.

Not sure I can or want to find anything worth the trip under $2... what are yall getting?

Not sure I can or want to find anything worth the trip under $2... what are yall getting?
above $2
Final Fantasy XV
x2 Middle-earth: Shadow of War
Agents of Mayhem
Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare

Under $2
x2 Destiny 2
NBA 2K15
Madden NFL 18

Little big planet on and mass effect andromeda were listed for above $2 and I would have gone for those but my store didnt have them so had to settle.

Also I see so many destiny 2s with cases in stores so I'm hoping atleast those will give me some blank ps4 cases.

above $2
Final Fantasy XV
x2 Middle-earth: Shadow of War
Agents of Mayhem
Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare

Under $2
x2 Destiny 2
NBA 2K15
Madden NFL 18

Little big planet on and mass effect andromeda were listed for above $2 and I would have gone for those but my store didnt have them so had to settle.

Also I see so many destiny 2s with cases in stores so I'm hoping atleast those will give me some blank ps4 cases.
Saw some guy here talking about how people were buying games just to buy them during the 5/50% deal and I disagreed since those were higher quality.

Now this is buying games just to buy them. None of these games are worth playing let alone owning, even for $2.

Saw some guy here talking about how people were buying games just to buy them during the 5/50% deal and I disagreed since those were higher quality.

Now this is buying games just to buy them. None of these games are worth playing let alone owning, even for $2.
The under $2 games I agree with. They are crappy whatever games. Like I said, I just want those for the cases they come in plus they are free. Ff15, shadow of war, and agent of mayhem are well worth playing through and it's rather insulting to say they are not.

Don't know why I keep ordering Gamecube games from them online. Ordered 12 total and got 6 today. Of course 3 don't work and the other 3 that do you can tell the system struggles to read it. The better games are coming tomorrow so hoping for the best there. One thing I noticed is every game had original cover art, but 5/6 were in a generic black case. They are probably tossing the old possibly dirty cases and swapping them with new ones. Would rather have the originals. 

2x Travis Strikes Again - No More Heroes (Switch)
2x Middle-earth: Shadow of War (PS4)
2x Agents of Mayhem (PS4)
3x Skylanders Trap Team Video Game (360)
1x WWE 2K16 (XboxOne)
2x Mystery Minis

$38 total.

I really only did this for Travis Strikes again, but it doesn’t seem like a terrible deal for few games and replacement cases.

2x Travis Strikes Again - No More Heroes (Switch)
2x Middle-earth: Shadow of War (PS4)
2x Agents of Mayhem (PS4)
3x Skylanders Trap Team Video Game (360)
1x WWE 2K16 (XboxOne)
2x Mystery Minis
$38 total.
I really only did this for Travis Strikes again, but it doesn’t seem like a terrible deal for few games and replacement cases.
I'm not sure it is all that likely to get any cases. I have definitely received some orders where I just got discs in yellow envelopes recently, and every one of these games seem like prime candidates for that.

Question for you GS thread peeps:

I ordered (NS) Hellmutt new back on 4/20. Was delayed for 3 weeks, got it yesterday, it was a "gutted" copy (weeeee!).
Is getting new "gutted" copies off GS.com common?

Not happy about this, at all. I can accept that crap in store, but from online??
Yes ,with me its 50/50

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back