2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah but a lot of games aren't even being taken back as trades
Yea, I think there will be many more of these flash sales to clear out as much of their PS3+4/XB360+1 inventory in the upcoming weeks, and don't expect trade values to really recover. I think a +$5 switch trade may be on the horizon hopefully!

Yea, I think there will be many more of these flash sales to clear out as much of their PS3+4/XB360+1 inventory in the upcoming weeks, and don't expect trade values to really recover. I think a +$5 switch trade may be on the horizon hopefully!
Clearing 360 and ps3 makes sense, but they want to keep ps4 and xone especially since they are BC. I would suspect 360, wii, wii u and ps3 will move into the retro category/online only late next year or after holidays next year (feb/march of 2022) once next gen used has enough stock to take over the space. Keep in mind most people are not year one adopters of new consoles. it takes 2-3 years to build up customer base for new generation with the previous gen still selling lots of software (think about all the cross generation releases during the transition).

I have Crayola Scoot (Switch) and the TIV was $4 now it's $0.01 cent.  

Also I have Division 2 (PS4) and it dropped to $0.01 cent.  I should have traded it back in early March. 

Lastly, all of the PS3 games in my saved trades dropped to $0.01 cent. 

I have Crayola Scoot (Switch) and the TIV was $4 now it's $0.01 cent.

Also I have Division 2 (PS4) and it dropped to $0.01 cent. I should have traded it back in early March.

Lastly, all of the PS3 games in my saved trades dropped to $0.01 cent.
$0.01 trade value means the POS won't accept the game as a trade in

If its an old gen game and not retro than RIP, at least until Gamestop considers it retro in the future
They also removed cash values. I know they don't have any cash on hand and they want to stay away from cash because of Coronavid-19.

Did Travis Strike Again get converted to PO? I never seen the game hit $15.97 new, and all the new copies are gone everywhere. I don't see this game flying off the shelve even at that price. Tempted to ordered PO and see if it comes sealed or with unused DLC.

https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/switch/games/products/travis-strikes-again---no-more-heroes/10159619.html
I picked one up today and it was CIB (with insert). I'm not sure if it was gutted and I can't check the code since I don't have a switch right now.

I'm not sure it is all that likely to get any cases. I have definitely received some orders where I just got discs in yellow envelopes recently, and every one of these games seem like prime candidates for that.
Yeah, I always just assume the worst when ordering, so I’m ok with anything.
I’m hoping at least the switch games were converted from new.

Ordered 6 games all for PS4
DOA 6
Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator
Samurai Showdown
Concrete Genie
Pillars of Eternity
The Nonary Games

The Nonary Games was the only one that didn't come in its case.
DOA 6 was a display unit and SamSho was literally still wrapped. So I think this sale was also a way for them to clearance some stuff out.

3 more games arrived. puzzles and dragons + mario 3ds came in a generic case

world to the west ps4 generic case

kingdom hearts 2.8 actual case.

Finally got my first shipment. I seem to have good luck with cases but not neccesarily condition.

XB1:
Elite Dangerous: Legendary Edition - OG but with some sort of weird half price sticker on the cover (pawnshop?)
Dead Island: Definitive Collection - OG but disc refurbed
Pillars of Eternity: Complete Edition - OG with a few nice hairs inside the case and refurbed
World War Z - OG case with no cover
Frostpunk - OG
AC: Unity - OG but covered in sticky substance and broken
AC: Syndicate- OG
Dishonored: DOTO - OG
State of Decay: Survival Edition - OG but broken
Divinity: Original Sin - OG no cover
Gears 4 - OG
UFC 2 - OG

PS4:
Fist Of the North Star - OG and CIB
Detroit: BH - OG

Switch:
L.A. Noire - OG

PS2:
Gauntlet: Seven Sorrows - yellow sleeve

Every single one so far has come with OG case, but still have to swap some out. Also, every single one that was supposed to come with DLC actually came with it, but I havent been able to test if they hadn't been used. Only one that matters is Elite as the DLC alone is $30.
EDIT: ELITE DLC WORKS!! Even though it seems like gamestop wasn't even its first stop.

But what's up with so many current gen games getting refurbished? Are there some people out there that actually use them as frisbees?

What's going on with the Rewards Coupons being out of stock? Was hoping to get a $10 off and it's "Sold Out" 🥴

Can I call a store and have them move my pre-order deposits from one thing to another? Had some figures on order In store that have been released that I picked up from Amazon instead during lockdown. Want to move those deposits to some switch game pre-orders. Stores won’t open in my state, other than curbside, for a while yet.

Gamestop has a weird definition of "shipped". The second half of my order has been "shipped" for the past 4 days, meanwhile the post office is still waiting to receive it. I swear this is the last time I order anything from GS.

Gamestop has a weird definition of "shipped". The second half of my order has been "shipped" for the past 4 days, meanwhile the post office is still waiting to receive it. I swear this is the last time I order anything from GS.
To me it seems like the stores get UPS pickups everyday vs they have to drop off at a USPS facility so they do it once per week. In whatever case, it'll just take an extra 5 business days!

To me it seems like the stores get UPS pickups everyday vs they have to drop off at a USPS facility so they do it once per week. In whatever case, it'll just take an extra 5 business days!
Gonna have to disagree here. I work for the USPS as a carrier and both Gamestops in our zip are on a collection route for daily pickups.

Gonna have to disagree here. I work for the USPS as a carrier and both Gamestops in our zip are on a collection route for daily pickups.
I'd second this, any delay from the tracking number being generated to it actually being picked up is typically due to a delay in Gamestop actually packaging the shipment and handing it off.

I'm in the exact same boat.
Use this link to check the tracking number(s) as it may have been picked up by UPS for shipment through UPS Mail Innovations. https://www.ups-mi.net/packageID/

Once it goes so far they will hand it off to USPS for delivery. I hope this helps!

My games arrived.

Order #1

.Hack//G.U. Last Recode (PS4) - original case

Azure Striker Gunvolt: Striker Pack (Switch) - generic case

Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin (PS4) - original case

Dark Souls III: The Fire Fades Edition (PS4) - original case

Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree's Woe and the Blight Below (PS4) - original case

Dragon Quest Heroes II (PS4) - original case

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD (PS4) - generic case

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5 Remix ({PS4) - original case

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue (PS4) - generic case

Kingdom Hearts III (PS4) - original case

The Last Guardian (PS4) - generic case

Order #2

BioShock The Collection (PS4) - original case

Dragon Quest Builders (PS4) - original case

Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise (PS4) - original case

Indivisble (PS4) - original case

Ni No Kuni 2: Revenant Kingdom (PS4) - generic case

Shadow of the Colossus (PS4) - original case

I bought Pokemon: Let's Go, Pikachu! from the deal of the day today, too.

How do you guys translate the Store's 4-digit (numerical) code into its geographical location?  For instance, if my items are being shipped from Store 1550, how can I tell where that is? 

I'd second this, any delay from the tracking number being generated to it actually being picked up is typically due to a delay in Gamestop actually packaging the shipment and handing it off.
Nah its more along the lines of the shipping company not scanning things in at every step.

Bubsy Paws on Fire

Trover Saves the Universe

Borderlands GOTY

Assassin's Creed Origins

Just Cause 3

Code:Realize Bouquet of Rainbows

Nioh

Farcry 5

Box VR

LA Noire

Battlechasers

Penguin Wars

Uglydolls and Imperfect Adventure

Lock's Quest

All had original case. Only one I order that had a generic was: Hey! Pikmin.

Very surprised. Makes me hopeful to ordering games from them in the future.

I NEVER ordered online unless it was a new game because it was a grab bag. But maybe I just got real lucky.

My order came today and I'm pissed about it. All the game came with their Original case but they were ship in a bubble mailer. All 5 of them and one of them was in a special edition box that and they somehow manage to fit in one that can only fit 2 or 3 games at most. Two of my case is broken but luckily all the disc wasn't damaged. What the fuck gamestop. -_-

Bubsy Paws on Fire
Trover Saves the Universe
Borderlands GOTY
Assassin's Creed Origins
Just Cause 3
Code:Realize Bouquet of Rainbows
Nioh
Farcry 5
Box VR
LA Noire
Battlechasers
Penguin Wars
Uglydolls and Imperfect Adventure
Lock's Quest

All had original case. Only one I order that had a generic was: Hey! Pikmin.

Very surprised. Makes me hopeful to ordering games from them in the future.
I NEVER ordered online unless it was a new game because it was a grab bag. But maybe I just got real lucky.
They're usually pretty good with cases. If not, I'd say 99/100 stores will let you switch the cases out if you dont get one. If a deal is good, the case factor shouldn't ever scare you away. I'd say the only rule of thumb is ordering somewhat obscure "new" games from them, as they will almost always be gutted, and to not buy ANY last gen games from them. You can always get the cases/better discs going from store to store.

Saw the Limited Run Games guy having a meltdown on twitter on how most of the LAST GEN games he ordered didnt come with cases. That was a good one.

Weeelp, here we go again. Big Gamestop sale and they won't let me use my $5 PUR coupon on my cart. Awesome.
This one worked for me as did CAG16 on Legend of Heroes Trails of Cold Steel 3 used. I also picked up Dreams new.

Yeah I realized it's being kinda picky

Update: Got it to work on some amiibos for me and my son with store pickup, so I'mma stop bitching now.

Meanwhile.... Man, UPS is really dropping the ball during this. Second time this week my order has been delayed, and this time on a Friday so I'll have to wait until at least Monday, and this was the order that was placed as soon as it went live. Wish we could pick what carrier we wanted.

UPS is overwhelmed right now...finally got part of my order from the "50% off 5 used" sale delivered today by UPS and the delivery truck was definitely 3rd party. I've seen that with Amazon but never before with UPS.

Not seeing anything great deal-wise in their grad sale... a few lower prices for some of the 2k20 games, xboxes, and the amiibo b1g1 would have been nice if you would pre-order the new ones with it...  anyone see anything interesting worth biting on? 

Good catch on Dreams. It was waaaaaay down the list on mobile, and I probably wouldn’t haven’t bothered digging that deep without the mention above. Needed something to burn my $5 Pro credit on this month, so it brought the total to $20.12 shipped (with tax and shipping included). I can handle that for this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back