2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know if GameStop replaces the battery on Pokémon games before selling them? Like the original 3 and gold and silver the ones where you can’t even save if the battery is dead
I doubt it and I doubt you will get a cart that is not bootlegged. Didn't they port some of these games to the DS digitally?

I doubt it and I doubt you will get a cart that is not bootlegged. Didn't they port some of these games to the DS digitally?
Yes all the gen 1 and 2 entries are on the 3ds now iirc and they give the added benefit of being able to migrate the mons in them upstream and with their rare abilities and better stats than normal. As because of the gen 2 to 3 split you couldn't transfer them upstream originally for some weird reason they never explained. I've heavily considered it for a while but I'm not sure I would be up to replaying them again when I've already done that too many times to count. Not even factoring in that I just beat soul silver and let's go eevee last year.

The one who believes the fake virus will kill us all If we don’t keep our fear levels high.
You stupid fuck, stick to lurking. Nobody wants to see your bullshit posts.

Actually, keep posting, it'll only be a matter of time before your dumbass gets banned.

Absolutely nothing interesting to me, and likely no trade promos until trades open up nation wide?

Guess it's just hoping for flash sales!
I would imagine so. I noticed yesterday when I went to pick up some of those b1g1 amiibos that here in Phoenix, AZ they are starting to accept trades again.

What's Gamestop return policy right now with the pandemic going on? I saw this updated on the website and was wondering if the 3 months period applies to in stores are they reopen? I'm in California so of course they're not open for in store convenience...

Defective product(s) will be replaced with a like item, upon return. Terms and conditions of manufacturer's warranty apply to defective video games systems and computer hardware after 30 days.

Non faulty goods or incorrect items must be sent back within 14 days of receipt. Faulty software or pre owned hardware can be returned up to ***3 months*** after date on which it was despatched. Faulty new hardware can be returned for a like-for-like exchange up to 12 months after the date on which it was despatched.

Will definitely cop SR4 when it drops to 20
Just a fyi- if u order from LRG, they are giving the soundtrack if u order the standard edition. The limited edition you get the steam pc key. The coverart is different then the retail edition. Nintendo switch is $35

Gamestop has the retail standard edition that comes with a Keychain and booklet. Nintendo switch is $40.
Not sure if the one at best buy is same....

Just a fyi- if u order from LRG, they are giving the soundtrack if u order the standard edition. The limited edition you get the steam pc key. The coverart is different then the retail edition. Nintendo switch is $35

Gamestop has the retail standard edition that comes with a Keychain and booklet. Nintendo switch is $40.
LRG was supposed to close preorders on May 10th; but I was just able to add one to cart. Maybe you still can preorder from them for the soundtrack

Did anybody else notice that Gamestop dropped the trade in value of PS3 and Xbox 360 controllers? I guess they are no longer taking them, dropped the TIV to 1cent.

Also 4 of my games from my order on May 8th finally got here Saturday. Weirdly they were dropped off at the post office by my house and were delivered the same day. Gamestop created the shipping label on Tuesday and no movement until 7am Saturday morning.

Just ordered ($13.33 after tax, $5 monthly coupon and B2G2):

Infamous 2

The Evil Within 2

Borderlands: The Handsome Collection

Horizon Zero Dawn

Stupid question time: I have HZD:CE saved on my PS4 but traded it in...will playing this copy of HZD on the same PS4 give me access to the DLC? Or does it have to read it from the physical disc?

Here's the another round of hoping for OG cases...the good thing is that this is my home store for pickup and I can call ahead and request them before I pick up.

Wow, gamestop outdid themselves this time. I received one of the packages from my order on the 8th today. A generic case with no game inside that got smashed in the mail because they shipped it in a bubble mailer. I got a broken, empty generic case  :rofl: but hey, it only cost $10 and took 10 days to arrive!

HZD came in a generic case and had this weird QR sticker on the inside ring...maybe it was a rental at one point?

Got some bad news though, the manager informed me that they are shutting his store down indefinitely in a couple of weeks. They are already clearing the shelves and will transfer stock to the other stores in the area. He mentioned they were only one of the 8 stores open this entire time and they have been posting good numbers (as good as you can during this pandemic)

Sucks because its right near my house and it was a good crew...

Just ordered ($13.33 after tax, $5 monthly coupon and B2G2):

Infamous 2

The Evil Within 2

Borderlands: The Handsome Collection

Horizon Zero Dawn

Stupid question time: I have HZD:CE saved on my PS4 but traded it in...will playing this copy of HZD on the same PS4 give me access to the DLC? Or does it have to read it from the physical disc?

Here's the another round of hoping for OG cases...the good thing is that this is my home store for pickup and I can call ahead and request them before I pick up.

HZD came in a generic case and had this weird QR sticker on the inside ring...maybe it was a rental at one point?

Got some bad news though, the manager informed me that they are shutting his store down indefinitely in a couple of weeks. They are already clearing the shelves and will transfer stock to the other stores in the area. He mentioned they were only one of the 8 stores open this entire time and they have been posting good numbers (as good as you can during this pandemic)

Sucks because its right near my house and it was a good crew...
I won't be surprised if more stores are closed than they were anticipating if the next earnings report comes out and shows that they did well. They're probably monitoring how much online traffic they're getting during this with minimal store operations. No point having 50 stores open in a 50 mile radius if you can have 25 open and have those stores/online make up the sales the other 25 wouldve made.

Also won't be surprised if they don't have anymore liquidation sales. That likely was them trying to make some quick bucks.

Sounds like it was formerly a Redbox rental.

I'd buy more used stuff from GameStop online if they could guarantee the original packaging, I don't want generic cases.

Sounds like it was formerly a Redbox rental.

I'd buy more used stuff from GameStop online if they could guarantee the original packaging, I don't want generic cases.
Yea, tiers you could check on each game at checkout like ....

Grade Deluxe - Original Box + Art / Manual = Costs 1000 points

Grade Collector - Original Box = Costs 500 points

Grade Pro - Yellow sleeve with mystery residue = Receive +50 bonus points

With all these pre-owned sales the past few months and stores not allowing trade ins, I have to imagine pre-owned stock is ridiculously low (except division 2 of course). Wonder if we'll see a lot of trade in deals once stores reopen.

Unrelated, and I don't have the financial numbers, but to me I don't see why GameStop has so much damn merchandise. All these decisions to hire new CEOs and close stores, but the easiest one to me seems to be to get out of the merchandise business. Who honestly wants fortnite monopoly, a $200 DBZ statue, a random overwatch plushie, or funkos? Yeah, funkos were cool for a year or two, and people liked to collect them, but now there are so many it's overwhelming for collectors and people stopped buying - similar to amiibo. There's seriously hundreds of funkos rotting in every store. Merchandise in general takes up probably 1/3 to 1/2 of every store's footprint. I think GameStop's website is slowly catching on with these collectible sales and mystery boxes, but they need to stop buying anymore merchandise. Toys are so niche, it's why toys r us and kbtoys went out of business. Unless it's Lego it's going to be a tough sell to most customers, especially when fads end.

I would liquidate 95% of all merchandise ASAP and you can use the additional floor space to either sell older gen games or take in stock from stores closing nearby.

With all these pre-owned sales the past few months and stores not allowing trade ins, I have to imagine pre-owned stock is ridiculously low (except division 2 of course). Wonder if we'll see a lot of trade in deals once stores reopen.

Unrelated, and I don't have the financial numbers, but to me I don't see why GameStop has so much damn merchandise. All these decisions to hire new CEOs and close stores, but the easiest one to me seems to be to get out of the merchandise business. Who honestly wants fortnite monopoly, a $200 DBZ statue, a random overwatch plushie, or funkos? Yeah, funkos were cool for a year or two, and people liked to collect them, but now there are so many it's overwhelming for collectors and people stopped buying - similar to amiibo. There's seriously hundreds of funkos rotting in every store. Merchandise in general takes up probably 1/3 to 1/2 of every store's footprint. I think GameStop's website is slowly catching on with these collectible sales and mystery boxes, but they need to stop buying anymore merchandise. Toys are so niche, it's why toys r us and kbtoys went out of business. Unless it's Lego it's going to be a tough sell to most customers, especially when fads end.

I would liquidate 95% of all merchandise ASAP and you can use the additional floor space to either sell older gen games or take in stock from stores closing nearby.
It would be illogical to immediately have a trade-in bump. The very first swarm of trade-ins will be from people who will be chomping at the bit to trade as soon as possible for various reasons (many because they are in tough financial straits because of Covid unemployment or otherwise). These people will already be trading in (and probably a lot of them overall) without the need for any additional incentive.

When that first rush subsides, then they'd likely want to encourage a large trade-in surge with bonus programs.

Speaking only from a business perspective here, without calculating any version of empathy, as publically-traded corporations do.

I was able to pick up my thursday order today. It was the 5 for $10 deal with 4 extra games for free. Everything was what I expected until I opened final fantasy 15 and learned they gave me the royal edition by mistake. That was a pleasant surprise.

I was able to pick up my thursday order today. It was the 5 for $10 deal with 4 extra games for free. Everything was what I expected until I opened final fantasy 15 and learned they gave me the royal edition by mistake. That was a pleasant surprise.
They lump the Royal Edition into the regular SKU. As the Royal Edition is just the regular game disc labeled Royal Edition with a code for the DLC. That's why there is no preowned copies of the Royal Edition listed at GS.

Nier Automata's Game of the Yorha Edition did the same thing(code for DLC with regular edition disc).

They lump the Royal Edition into the regular SKU. As the Royal Edition is just the regular game disc labeled Royal Edition with a code for the DLC. That's why there is no preowned copies of the Royal Edition listed at GS.

Nier Automata's Game of the Yorha Edition did the same thing(code for DLC with regular edition disc).
Ah ok. That makes a lot more sense

Yeah it seems bestbuy has booklet and key ring too. I looked at LRG ps4 standard and I don’t see any mention of soundtrack

Yeah it seems bestbuy has booklet and key ring too. I looked at LRG ps4 standard and I don’t see any mention of soundtrack
Here is a quote by Doetmu.

"As a make-good to Limited Run Games orders, Doetmu and Limited Run Games are giving free Steam keys to all the Limited Editions orders, and all orders of Streets of Rage 4 will receive a complimentary and unique 15 tracks soundtrack CD of the game's OST including an exclusive remix from composer Tee Lopes.

We apologize for the inconvenience."

Guess my mall GS didnt make the cut.  Found out that even though the mall is re-opened and the lease isnt up until January, my mall GS is shut down permanently and all product transferred to other stores.

There's still 4 other mall stores in the area in limbo but if they're breaking leases on this mall which is a fraction of the cost of the Westfield ones, it's not looking too good for the high rent ones.  

got 4 games in from GS and some figures today *pics in pick up thread*. CoD: IW legacy edition came in brand new, no plastic but xbox seal in tact. Darksider genesis came in new, MH world complete and wolfenstien: old blood generic case. The DBZ sushi and sake set are pretty nice. Glad I ordered them.

My local store sells more merchandise than actual video games.. kinda blows my mind. Only time ive ever bought merchandise stuff at gamestop was a pokeball waffle maker as a xmas gift.

And here’s another 2 day flash sale on preowned.

Damn they must have had like one copy of many games. Had a bunch of stuff in my cart and the site went down.

Now its back and I'm down to two games in stock. It says that they are in stock in stores by me but those are all closed.

Looks like I won't be getting anything for now. On a plus side I got 6 out of 7 games complete from the last flash sale and my Darksiders Genesis' came all sealed.

Guess my mall GS didnt make the cut. Found out that even though the mall is re-opened and the lease isnt up until January, my mall GS is shut down permanently and all product transferred to other stores.

There's still 4 other mall stores in the area in limbo but if they're breaking leases on this mall which is a fraction of the cost of the Westfield ones, it's not looking too good for the high rent ones.
What location?

Look like another B5 50% off promo for the next 2 days, not seeing anything super interesting left in stock. Doesn't seem to combine with any 16 discounts/promos :drool:

Look like another B5 50% off promo for the next 2 days, not seeing anything super interesting left in stock. Guessing it doesn't combine with any other promos
What were/are some of the games to take advantage of during the sale? I imagine just mostly Switch games correct? I can probably find 5 games I want and for gifts.

I'm going to pick up God of War, Batman: Return to Arkham and Rage 2. Might get the HZD: CE and trade in HZD regular (it was free) when they eventually do a promo.

Look like another B5 50% off promo for the next 2 days, not seeing anything super interesting left in stock. Doesn't seem to combine with any 16 discounts/promos :drool:

Gamestop is definitely cleaning house with all these pre-owned sales. Just look at some of the TIVs of the games that are on sale, $0.01. When they fully open, watch them say no more trade ins of PS3 and XB360 games. Just like when the PS4 came out and they refused PS2 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back