2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally got my first order of games, ordered right after it went live the first time. All my current gen games came in OG cases except Tomb Raider (2013) and Travis Strikes Back. Onrush and Plague Tale came sealed.

But holy cow.... the retro games I got. This is my first time ordering retro from them, but are the Xbox/PS2 discs supposed to look like they got beat to hell? Completely scratched up mixed with the clear resurfacing that happened, and TONS of the nasty chalk stuff they use to refurbish stuck inside the inner ring and outer ring, so it's not coming out. At least almost all the games came in cases, but there wasnt a single manual in any of them.

I cant check the Xbox games to see if they work since I dont have a system yet, but do they accept retro returns in store? Or do you have to mail it back to them?

Side note: Travis Strikes back came in the most nasty torn apart generic case I've ever seen sold at Gamestop. Was hoping to get a converted new copy, but got the farthest thing from it.
I did a store return on an OGXB order pre COVID. There was no hastle, it was like 8 or 10 games from some online sale. I returned the whole order so not sure if that matters. They were in bad shape, I think I tested one and it didn't work. I wouldn't waist my time ordering older disc based stuff in the future again.

I'm also happy with mine

Mario Kart 8 wiiu
Yoshi's Woolly World wiiu
Pokken Tournament wiiu

Hyrule Warriors wiiu
Xenoblade Chronicles X wiiu
megaman 11 switch
kirby's epic yarn wii
super mario advance gba
mario party ds

total 69.57 half of the order already shipped.
Very nice haul. Good luck on the WiiU games. I've only ever had one from GameStop that wouldn't play on my system but it's been enough to scare me away from ordering WiiU games online now. At those prices I would have risked it too.

if you have credit to burn, there is a preorder up for the legends ultimate arcade machine @ GS. it’s more expensive than sams club so this isn’t the best choice for paying real money.

Very nice haul. Good luck on the WiiU games. I've only ever had one from GameStop that wouldn't play on my system but it's been enough to scare me away from ordering WiiU games online now. At those prices I would have risked it too.
Yea, I've had bad copies of Xenoblade and Lego City of all things on Wii u... maybe more. Discs looked pretty clean too. Most of the time they would load up but then say dirty disc when actually progressing into the game load screen.

yeah wiiu games can be hit or miss. Especially with the ones that already have printing errors like wind waker. It's a shame the switch wasn't bc for wiiu titles with minor disc read errors would likely work with it. Much like how gc games did for the wii and wii games for the wiiu.

Sorry if I missed anything about this previously, but I’m not able to add my $5 May coupon to this sale. Is anyone else having the same problem? Maybe I’m not thinking clearly but I don’t see a reason why it wouldn’t be able to stack (it works fine if I add it to something not in the deal).

IATCG is back and leaving negative feedback for people right now.

Anyone who runs that sad fuck over would be considered a hero in my book. Imagine being such a fucking loser that you spend your nights creating accounts on websites you've been banned from so you can troll people for no reason.
What a joke.

I do not know where else to ask these questions I want to preorder the limited edition last of of part II playstation 4 pro console bundle but everywhere I look the option to preorder is grayed out. I thought I had my preorder in at walmart but when I tried to complete the order I received a error message that my payment could not be authorized minutes later the page is down. I am very upset about this I want it am I out of luck? Preorders not yet started? And if so when would be a good time to check?

Sorry if I missed anything about this previously, but I’m not able to add my $5 May coupon to this sale. Is anyone else having the same problem? Maybe I’m not thinking clearly but I don’t see a reason why it wouldn’t be able to stack (it works fine if I add it to something not in the deal).
Yeah it's hit or miss with these deals. I got mine to work on the b1g1 amiibo sale the other day, but before that not on game sales. I also found that it typically works when your cart has a single item, for what that's worth.

I do not know where else to ask these questions I want to preorder the limited edition last of of part II playstation 4 pro console bundle but everywhere I look the option to preorder is grayed out. I thought I had my preorder in at walmart but when I tried to complete the order I received a error message that my payment could not be authorized minutes later the page is down. I am very upset about this I want it am I out of luck? Preorders not yet started? And if so when would be a good time to check?
Chances are, they just didn't manufacture very many and they quickly sold out.

I am certain the resellers out there will make a nice profit unfortunately for people like myself that want it to play get shut out. It is ridiculous that such a nice item is up for preorder a short time I do not live online I did not find out about it until this morning by then too late I am very upset makes me not want to buy the game makes me want to wait until a black friday deal or buy it used from gamestop.:)

Chances are, they just didn't manufacture very many and they quickly sold out.

I checked ebay surprise surpise some sellers have preorders for the bundle up for $600 to $700 quick get them while they're hot!! lol Way to go Sony.

Disc-based retro games either always or almost always come "refurbished" (hate-buffed), and they look some degree of what you're seeing. I need to rebuff every such game I get from them, but most do still work after I fix them.

It's been discussed before, but it's still amazing that the largest video game store in the world is incapable of properly repairing a disc, and much more frequently, makes them far worse than they started.
Yea it seems like having your own resurface machine is a smart idea when buying used. I get that scratches will happen on a decent amount of games, especially older ones either from purposefully neglectful behavior or just random accidents, but it's the chalk substance a majority of their warehouse games come with stuck inside their inner and outer rings that gets me. That to me is unacceptable. Any time I try to run a game like that my system sounds like a plane taking off.

I did a store return on an OGXB order pre COVID. There was no hastle, it was like 8 or 10 games from some online sale. I returned the whole order so not sure if that matters. They were in bad shape, I think I tested one and it didn't work. I wouldn't waist my time ordering older disc based stuff in the future again.
Thank you for the info, because I did not know if they accepted them as I haven't seen anything retro being sold at any GS' around in years.

I had ordered a few more before this shipment came in and I could see the horror, but after I get the rest I'm done. Was worth the initial risk since they all ended up being under $2 each (only like $35 total), but literally every single Xbox/PS2 game that I've bought at goodwill looks better. Hopefully they honor returns when the stores around here open back up.

Yea it seems like having your own resurface machine is a smart idea when buying used. I get that scratches will happen on a decent amount of games, especially older ones either from purposefully neglectful behavior or just random accidents, but it's the chalk substance a majority of their warehouse games come with stuck inside their inner and outer rings that gets me. That to me is unacceptable. Any time I try to run a game like that my system sounds like a plane taking off.
Anytime I buy pre-owned games, I wipe down the case and disc with rubbing alcohol to get all the crap off from the previous owner. If you leave the wax in the inner ring of the game, it will mess up the rollers and the spinner of the console over time.

My Yakuza Remastered Collection came with no shrinkwrap, a missing insert and a really damaged outer case. That's fun.
Sadly you got a display copy. Been there. If the stores in your area are not closed, you could call locations who have inventory >1 and ask if they have a sealed copy for which you could exchange.

Sadly you got a display copy. Been there. If the stores in your area are not closed, you could call locations who have inventory >1 and ask if they have a sealed copy for which you could exchange.
I've already contacted support. I'm not impatient and am a big boy and know how to handle it unlike some trolls in this thread. Sadly customer service is the only avenue because my stores are pretty much closed until the state reopens.

Thank you for the info, because I did not know if they accepted them as I haven't seen anything retro being sold at any GS' around in years.

I had ordered a few more before this shipment came in and I could see the horror, but after I get the rest I'm done. Was worth the initial risk since they all ended up being under $2 each (only like $35 total), but literally every single Xbox/PS2 game that I've bought at goodwill looks better. Hopefully they honor returns when the stores around here open back up.
Not sure what the deal is with GS resurfacing/buffing, the Game X Change I would shop regularly provides a clean result each time. Actually been to a few of them and other retro dealers too, never seen residue on games outside of GS warehouse shipments. I guess it was already obvious they are to interested in serving the collector market. Perhaps there is a corporate office pool on how terrible they can be yet still have use buy from them...

Anytime I buy pre-owned games, I wipe down the case and disc with rubbing alcohol to get all the crap off from the previous owner. If you leave the wax in the inner ring of the game, it will mess up the rollers and the spinner of the console over time.
How would you even be able to get residue out from the inner ring? On some of the discs it's literally completely spread throughout whole ring.

I cant check the Xbox games to see if they work since I dont have a system yet, but do they accept retro returns in store? Or do you have to mail it back to them?
It might be YMMV, but check with your local store(if they're open). Called mine after getting a busted Dual Shock 3 few weeks ago that the analog sticks would drift even after cleaning it. They said to bring it in and they could refund & do a web in-store order replacement. Which since it's curbside pickup only right now, I had to wait outside while they processed it. But got the order refunded and a new controller sent out that works fine.

Have any GameStops reopened for in person business? If so, are they accepting trades? Just curious. Retail reopened in my state today but GameStop is still closed.

Got 4 of my games from the recent sale (all 3DS)... all cart only. Still have 3 PS4 games left but oddly, none of them have shipped yet even though they're common games.

They will probably have more. The Ellie edition has come back in stock a few times since the delay.
I think those came back in stock because a lot of people canceled after the spoilers got released (not because of the spoiler, but the content of the spoiler).

I've already contacted support. I'm not impatient and am a big boy and know how to handle it unlike some trolls in this thread. Sadly customer service is the only avenue because my stores are pretty much closed until the state reopens.
I wish there was a bot that would pick up when a CAG posts about contact GS support and tracks how long before they respond with GS contacting them back. I would really like to see how many actually get responses. I have not received an email response from them in years and their ridiculous phone wait times are not worth the trouble.

I wish there was a bot that would pick up when a CAG posts about contact GS support and tracks how long before they respond with GS contacting them back. I would really like to see how many actually get responses. I have not received an email response from them in years and their ridiculous phone wait times are not worth the trouble.
Just got an email response back in the past 20 minutes actually. A return label was created for me. Its only anecdotal evidence but this is the second time I've had to contact them and I've had no issues.

Just got an email response back in the past 20 minutes actually. A return label was created for me. Its only anecdotal evidence but this is the second time I've had to contact them and I've had no issues.
Wow, that's... something. I wonder if I'm on some list of theirs for some reason or another. I don't think I contact them that much (probably like once for every 20 items) but I also one if I'm like flagged since I only buy during sales and usually buy a decent amount, maybe like 50 items a year, though nowhere near as much as some people here.

This will probably anger the shipping gods, but ordered 5 things this morning (1 used switch game, 3 t-shirts, 1 SW IX blind bag), used both codes on the game, got free shipping still, and 3 of the items have just shipped per the tracking email. Expected delivery 9 days.

I can wait for the other t-shirt and blind bag.

Wow, that's... something. I wonder if I'm on some list of theirs for some reason or another. I don't think I contact them that much (probably like once for every 20 items) but I also one if I'm like flagged since I only buy during sales and usually buy a decent amount, maybe like 50 items a year, though nowhere near as much as some people here.
You wouldn't be flagged. I don't ever order online and have only been doing it because of these sales and covid-19 and in fact rarely go into stores. Not sure why I get through so quick honestly.

You wouldn't be flagged. I don't ever order online and have only been doing it because of these sales and covid-19 and in fact rarely go into stores. Not sure why I get through so quick honestly.
If you dont call at peak times (first thing in the morning ~lunch time or after typical work day ~5pm) in my experience you get through in under 15 minutes. Getting someone helpful is still a crap shoot, but at least you can call back.

And of COURSE a game I was wanting in this sale just popped back in stock.

Dammit.
Exact opposite for me lol. Was gonna buy some cheap shirts, but still needed $20+ to get free shipping so I was gonna do another set of 5. The main game I wanted that was in stock 2 hours ago is OOS now, so I didnt buy anything :/.

Exact opposite for me lol. Was gonna buy some cheap shirts, but still needed $20+ to get free shipping so I was gonna do another set of 5. The main game I wanted that was in stock 2 hours ago is OOS now, so I didnt buy anything :/.
Might be a good thing in the end, hah. Here I am considering putting together another order to include that game and get free shipping.

Man I am such a consumer whore.

If I miss out on the preorder for playstation 4 pro last of of us II limited edition bundle that is it gone forever? Will  I be able to pick up one in store or online on June 19 if I am there early?

If I miss out on the preorder for playstation 4 pro last of of us II limited edition bundle that is it gone forever? Will I be able to pick up one in store or online on June 19 if I am there early?
If you are lucky, maybe. From previous experience most stores only get about 4 to 6 consoles, with Covid-19 it will definitely be less (slow production).

How would you even be able to get residue out from the inner ring? On some of the discs it's literally completely spread throughout whole ring.
Are you talking about the area where I pointed (only example I could find online)? The wax usually comes off with some rubbing alcohol.

Kee2Gas.jpg

It gets under the label or something. I have ran into a few OGXB games like that. They would not read so I tried extra hard to get it off/out without any luck.

Are you talking about the area where I pointed (only example I could find online)? The wax usually comes off with some rubbing alcohol.
GameCube discs have empty space between the top and bottom layer of the disc and their polishing compound gets inside that space and dries out. I guess you could pour rubbing alcohol in there but rubbing alcohol can take the finish off of disc's artwork.

You can take a piece of paper and thread it in there to clean that gunk out but it's not fun or easy. And if the paper is too thick, there's the possibly that the paper will rip off and be stuck in there.

My gamestop is no longer taking in last gen games or last gen consoles
But they are open for trade in's

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Kinda offtopic, but noticed the Dualshock Back button attachment is orderable on backorder with expected stock date of 6/5.  

know these are hard to find and not sure what future stock will be like at other places.

Kee2Gas.jpg
Yes. I cant seem to get the stuff like that out that's already stuck inside the ring. The outer leftover stuff on the disc I have no problem getting off, but once its inside, nope.

On the bright side, all the OG Xbox games I tested on my 360 (WHICH I HAD NO IDEA OVER 400 OG GAMES ARE BC WITH THE 360) worked, so it wasn't all bad.

Yes. I cant seem to get the stuff like that out that's already stuck inside the ring. The outer leftover stuff on the disc I have no problem getting off, but once its inside, nope.

On the bright side, all the OG Xbox games I tested on my 360 (WHICH I HAD NO IDEA OVER 400 OG GAMES ARE BC WITH THE 360) worked, so it wasn't all bad.
There's a tiny gap in that section. Put the disc under running water to get it wet, then use a can of compress air to blow it all out the gap. Works every time for me.

Thanks where is my best chance to buy it gamestop, target, walmart? There is a target store close to where I live. Overnight in front of store?

If you are lucky, maybe. From previous experience most stores only get about 4 to 6 consoles, with Covid-19 it will definitely be less (slow production).

LOL i would say this is exactly on topic...we're here to discuss GS deals, and I've been waiting forever to get one at MSRP. Thanks!

Kinda offtopic, but noticed the Dualshock Back button attachment is orderable on backorder with expected stock date of 6/5.

know these are hard to find and not sure what future stock will be like at other places.

Yeah I remember when it first launched it either had limited (or non-existent) BC with OGXB games. As time went on, they released software updates that would add BC to handfuls of titles over time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back